PDA

View Full Version : Smoke

PS13!
16-08-10, 16:37
Right lads i dont know if this is true or not so dont hold it to me but one of the lads said if you mix veg cooking oil and food colouring (any colour) and soak it into your tires you get different coloured smoke

Is this true????:confused::confused:
i really dont think so:D

bart
16-08-10, 16:47
Right lads i dont know if this is true or not so dont hold it to me but one of the lads said if you mix veg cooking oil and food colouring (any colour) and put it on your tires you get different coloured smoke

Is this true????:confused::confused:
i really dont think so:D

i really hope your only messing???????:confused::confused::confused:

drift student
16-08-10, 16:49
thats exactly how the magic drift fairy does it..

go out and try it.

ps. im bein sarcastic.

Mick K
16-08-10, 16:50
Pete with a new log in?

PS13!
16-08-10, 16:56
lads ive only started drifting i dont know anything about really, i realy didnt believe it myself

200sx
16-08-10, 16:57
He is right belive it or not,but the tyres have 2 be left soak in the mixture, for a few days totaly covered,for this you would need alot off oil,plus after soaking for a few days the oil soaking into the tyres makes them very week and brittel and well there not safe at all.....so in teory it does work,but realistically the money it would cost on oil ect is stupid,plus the tyres being week ect there undriveable really and start falling 2 pieces in seconds with drifitng on them,i no this as i seen it been done a few years ago,alot off the old school lads back in the day would leave tyres seep in disel before going diffing/drifitng what ever they were doing and it would generate crazy smoke!!oh and i welcome the smart comments and the onslaughter,the hole teory sounds retarded but like i said,i seen it with my own 2 eyes so thats good enough proof for me!!p.s i forgot 2 say,it wasnt food die these lads used its was clothes die!!!

PS13!
16-08-10, 17:00
He is right belive it or not,but the tyres have 2 be left soak in the mixture, for a few days totaly covered,for this you would need alot off oil,plus after soaking for a few days the oil soaking into the tyres makes them very week and brittel and well there not safe at all.....so in teory it does work,but realistically the money it would cost on oil ect is stupid,plus the tyres being week ect there undriveable really and start falling 2 pieces in seconds with drifitng on them,i no this as i seen it been done a few years ago,alot off the old school lads back in the day would leave tyres seep in disel before going diffing/drifitng what ever they were doing and it would generate crazy smoke!!oh and i welcome the smart comments and the onslaughter,the hole teory sounds retarded but like i said,i seen it with my own 2 eyes so thats good enough proof for me!!p.s i forgot 2 say,it wasnt food die these lads used its was clothes die!!!

really!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was think id never live this down thanks 200sx

nikkisixx69
16-08-10, 17:02
you should try putting that mix in with you engine oil, that will produce more smoke for sure!

200sx
16-08-10, 17:03
really!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was think id never live this down thanks 200sxonly for i seen it myself,i would off said the same as the lads above,it sounds ridiculouse but in teory i works!

PS13!
16-08-10, 20:31
you should try putting that mix in with you engine oil, that will produce more smoke for sure!

i only wanted to check if it worked ,google it a lot of lads are using it in the usa and england!!:eek:!!

S14a johno
16-08-10, 20:45
you can buy tyres that give off red, blue green smoke
feck all that oil, there enough in the engine :p:p

shines14
16-08-10, 20:52

true, all different colours, meant to be a bitch for making noise though for some reason:confused:, saw it on some vid before

PS13!
16-08-10, 20:53

i heared there feck dear and Kumho are the only ones that make them for around 256e per tire they some times give them out to lads doing burnouts at comps but im sure you can find a set if you looked hard enough:D

shines14
16-08-10, 20:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCs0ts72vw

S14a johno
16-08-10, 20:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHMfVSBpkC8&feature=related

naaa red not my colour :D:D:D
i can find white smoke :) :P:P:P

PS13!
16-08-10, 21:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCs0ts72vw

the only bad point is they dont last as long as normal tires because the compound is weaker:( but it still looks great:D:D

S14a johno
16-08-10, 21:06
the only bad point is they dont last as long as normal tires because the compound is weaker:( but it still looks great:D:D

yea .......... would they last shorter then snow tryes?
i heard one lads sayn half used michilans or bridgestone tyres
are better to use

but like one lads said it just for shows do but looks savage i rrember i seen them first time on Pimp my ride

PS13!
16-08-10, 21:09
yea .......... would they last shorter then snow tryes?
i heard one lads sayn half used michilans or bridgestone tyres
are better to use

but like one lads said it just for shows do but looks savage i rrember i seen them first time on Pimp my ride

can u not use them in comps??:(

richiek
16-08-10, 22:38
[QUOTE=shines14;151640]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCs0ts72vw[/QUOT

thats cool
:cool:

Tekno Twinky
17-08-10, 00:19
ya i heard diss too be animal ta get da ranbow fx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mint

PS13!
17-08-10, 07:30
ya i heard diss too be animal ta get da ranbow fx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mint

yea get four different tires!!ha!!:D

johnbro
25-08-10, 17:47
This is something Ive often thought about. Kumho sell them but as said above there mad money. But if kumho can make them there must be a way.
Why is oil needed if red food dye soaked into a tyre for a few days .
If you just had 1 basin and fill it so half the tire is covered in the dye.
And do them half at a time???
I don't know how it works but Id like to try.

They should show us on How its Made :)

PS13!
25-08-10, 23:01
This is something Ive often thought about. Kumho sell them but as said above there mad money. But if kumho can make them there must be a way.
Why is oil needed if red food dye soaked into a tyre for a few days .
If you just had 1 basin and fill it so half the tire is covered in the dye.
And do them half at a time???
I don't know how it works but Id like to try.

They should show us on How its Made :)

the oil is used to weaken the compound so the dye can set in

johnbro
26-08-10, 17:13
the oil is used to weaken the compound so the dye can set in

ah i see so your tyres would just shred into shite
Id love to know how kumho do it

Wonder if the branded ones last long?

pole drift
26-08-10, 17:30
is it only kumho dat make these tyres???? are they expensive???

PS13!
26-08-10, 21:29
is it only kumho dat make these tyres???? are they expensive???

i really dont know if kumho are the only ones that make them,:confused: but there fec dear :mad: your better off making our own:D

PS13!
26-08-10, 21:32
ah i see so your tyres would just shred into shite
Id love to know how kumho do it

Wonder if the branded ones last long?

i think branded ones are just new tires soaked in the mixedture in large amounts

Prodrifter86
26-08-10, 22:48
I remember Miguel marini telling me it
was 500
euro a tyre a few year ago for his supra when doing shows in Europe maybe he said 200 though
I've seen yellow and green tyres on YouTube b4 on the one car

PS13!
26-08-10, 23:00
yea they rediculously dear and you'd have the same amount of fun with a old tire soaked
i have to start making some of these tires just for the crack:D

johnbro
26-08-10, 23:23
Id imagine its possible to make your own.
What if after soaking in oil and dye for a few days then submit it to heat like in an oven or a spray booth maybe to harden the rubber compound would that work ??

PS13!
26-08-10, 23:59
i don't really know but when you take out the tire and let it dryout its brittal and tintded the colour