PDA

View Full Version : help wit brakes please

owen180
06-08-10, 23:46
rite lads. I need help wit my brakes. Drained down all the fluid and after now filling it up again i have no brakes. I've bleed it and seem to be gettin loads of air. Have hard peddle wit car off but soft when the car is ticking over. I've got standard front calipers 32 rear's and hydro on a 180. Any idea how much air should i get outta it. It just doesn't seem to stop givin out air and i don't no if i'm fightin a losing battle. Please help i wanna take it to goldstone sunday

s13-ste
06-08-10, 23:55
i spent 3 hours bleeding brakes on a sidecar last night, its just one of them poxy jobs that can take 5 min one time and hours the next. just keep at it.

when they go soft with it turned over pump it a few times and start again

owen180
07-08-10, 00:09
been at this all nite and seem to be gettin no where fast. Just wondering if there could be somethin else wrong. I've fillin the resevoir about 5 times. Didn't think there could be that much air

s13-ste
07-08-10, 00:43
could be the master cylinder, have a look at it see if all the seals are ok

rdec1701
07-08-10, 02:51
dey can be a bit of a pig alrite. the way i do it is firstly open the 4 nipples and let the fluid gravity feed down for 5 or so mins then close them all. then get a mate to help,starting from furthest corner from master workin to closest. pump up d pedal until ya hav slight pressure then get sum1 to open nipple and let air/fluid out an not lettin pedal go all way to floor sorta 3/4 way down,then close nipple b4 lettin pedal bk up.pump up pressure open nipple etc etc ,repeat this until no visible air comin out. then do same at each wheel. also ya will have to pump hudro in the same way wen doin rears . hope this helps ya out.......

Chuck_g
07-08-10, 03:03
could be the master cylinder, have a look at it see if all the seals are ok

Id be looking at this, i blew mine in the 180 before bleeding the clutch, surely similar for the brakes yes???

rdec1701
07-08-10, 18:34
Id be looking at this, i blew mine in the 180 before bleeding the clutch, surely similar for the brakes yes???

yep easy to do is always best to only pump the pedal 3/4 way down and not jumpin on it or seals can flip in master......try bleedin it a few times but if all ya gettin after dat is air ya prob lookin at master alrite.......