PDA

View Full Version : Driftjam Booking list-Punchestown august15th

DriftJam
05-08-10, 23:51
Ok folks, really sorry about the lack of clear info on this, as this is a personal hobby, its all done in spare time which there just ins't enough of!!

REQUIRMENTS:
RECLINING BUCKET SEATS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
4 POINT HARNESS
HALF CAGE

The track will be a shared input, once we have a secure amount of bookings we will decide a track layout via driftireland. Everyone will have an input so everyone's happy. After-all this is a day for everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves!

Ok so this is the list of confirmed drivers, you book via pm-ing me here or on my personal account, nixon001.
1. Jay
2. Stevo
3. sparky
4. markII-90
5. SUPER180
6. DaveZigen
7. nixon
8. Super180

Any further questions you can buzz me on 0861606530.

Cheers,
Nixon

s13-ste
05-08-10, 23:53
want me to post this on mnc too? posted about other dates there even if it just gets a few down to watch

DriftJam
05-08-10, 23:58
That would be sweet dude!! maybe take my phone number off and throw my email on instead, aaronnixononeill@hotmail.com

cheers dude, we really need to get this going well!! tell them its a social event too, the more the merrior, were trying to creat a real drifting community here, faces to names etc!!
BBQ's, There'll be choons pumpin all day long!!!!

dR Dan
06-08-10, 00:00
Choooooon!

B.Egan
06-08-10, 00:45
I'd say DaveZigen wont make this one lads. Certainly not a definate or confirmed driver anyway atm.

DaveZigen
06-08-10, 00:54
I'm going to confirm I'm dropping out due to the car still being a bit away, no cage or harness in at the mo, doesnt look like I'll get it sorted in a week or so.:mad: Next Drift Jam I'm there, its a great idea! Will be at the Academy on Saturday and will be there as spectator on Sunday.:(

Prodrifter86
06-08-10, 14:23
u forgot to put helmet on the list again:D

sparky
07-08-10, 02:52
cant make itnow, no clutch as of tonight :(

thegosson
07-08-10, 07:15
u forgot to put helmet on the list again:D

i twigged that too but was biting me lip, trying not to point it out again:o

Prodrifter86
07-08-10, 13:14
i twigged that too but was biting me lip, trying not to point it out again:o

i dont how u could forget bout your head?? u only have 1:p

markII-90
07-08-10, 16:17
I booked in for mondello cos i rang a few times to book this but kept getting told to ring back .....

Wish I waited and could of done this though :o

SUPER 180
07-08-10, 16:23
tats more people off the list...

is this deffo goin to go ahead???

cas if its not i dont want to leave it to late to book into anywere else...

SUPER 180
09-08-10, 12:12
tats more people off the list...

is this deffo goin to go ahead???

cas if its not i dont want to leave it to late to book into anywere else...

hello?? doesnt matter ya can take me list... thanks anyways

sparky
09-08-10, 12:25
Got the car back running so im back on for this

Cooldrft
09-08-10, 21:37
Is this going ahead or is it going down the same road as the fermoy event ?
What's the story with refunding the money ,for the lads that booked in to fermoy ?

Stevo
09-08-10, 21:53
:mad: Still waiting on parts to arrive from uk for the car :mad::mad:

DriftJam
10-08-10, 01:23
Ok guys i think it is a safe bet to presume that we wont have the numbers needed to run punchestown. At this point it would be best to postpone for another date.

Dj

sparky
10-08-10, 01:26
Ok guys i think it is a safe bet to presume that we wont have the numbers needed to run punchestown. At this point it would be best to postpone for another date.

Dj

=(

How many people are actually needed for a day to go ahead?

Chuck_g
10-08-10, 16:17
Would it not be advisable to plan Fermoy for the end of sept? Plenty of notice, holidays over and be a nice way to end the summer..........Just my opinion

Also, i dont know how your insurance is but could ye not run a seperate No Cage group?? I know alot of lads that would be in only for the cage rules! Again just my opinion as id love to see this go ahead!

Stevo
10-08-10, 21:43
Dont think lads flat out with no cages and most likely barriers around the track would be a gud idea chuck, bolt in cages are for nothing these days...
Sorry to see this canceled again, nixon you need to see what date the drift practice for mondello is for september, japfest is on the 5th so look into when mondello is on then organise around dates..

Chuck_g
10-08-10, 21:58
Mondello allows ppl out with no cages, im not saying its safe, but just an option!

Stevo
10-08-10, 22:00
Mondello allows ppl out with no cages, im not saying its safe, but just an option!

Yeh but your not running the steel barriers for the day :rolleyes: Run off everywhere in mondello!

Chuck_g
10-08-10, 22:08
True i guess......

PeterT
11-08-10, 13:42
DriftJam wouldnt have been running the metal barriers either...

Pity its cancelled again. I guess people pick the more known event on a certain day, where they know what to expect etc. Need to have a DJ when theres no mondello on for ages!

thegosson
17-08-10, 17:55
or even just a day when there's no other track day on. this drift jam has the potential to be an absolute winner, the calender just needs to be studied in more detail and pick the right days as not to be competing with other days out. even if it's just for the first while and get people taking part and develope it more and there should be no reason why people wouldn't choose this over other events and outings.

B.Egan
17-08-10, 18:27
Was out at the prodrift academy myself (watching) and I have to say ppl really missed out. The driftjam would have been epic there. A very similar setup to the DWYB days over in santa pod I'd say. Ideal really for ppl who want to drift their road going cars especially, as nothing really to hit. Personally me and a few other ppl cant wait for the next one, and the main prioity is now to get the cage, seat and harness in the eunos in time at all costs.

Whats the minimum needed for it to go ahead actually?

DaveZigen
17-08-10, 18:40
I'm game ball for the next one, Academy day on Saturday was great and I wouldnt be as nervous as an amatuer doing Drift Jam as I would in Mondello where carnage is around the corner. For amatuer road drivers like me its perfect, me and Trixta are definates for the next one anyway!

(And we'll be bringing a film crew for a HD US style shoot if that helps persuade ye!) lol

PeterT
17-08-10, 22:10
eeeemm,is there a next one at all lads??