PDA

View Full Version : Just testing the waters, nothing major :)

MrH
04-08-10, 17:04
Now between me and a friend weve been thinking of knocking up some form of large meet. Weve capacity for say 600 cars, I suppose a drifting area it's probably a bit small for decent arse out action but this is only us bashing ideas around we may be able to accomidate something larger. We are thinking of holding it at night as well which may cause its own issues.

We can get club stands in, traders maybe. Insurance is in the conversation stages with another company.

Right, this is a rough idea of what we can do. What I'm wondering is would there be much interest in such an event.

Weve already used the place for auto testing, markets and a few previous large events.

So please don't be shy, I'm just looking for the good and bad's of such an event. If it went we'll could be a monthly or bi-monthly thing.

Simon
04-08-10, 17:08
my waters tell me this int going to go down well.... could be wrong though..

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 17:08
:rolleyes:

DIFFIN = FAIL

DIFFIN AT NIGHT = Gardai

etc.................. thats my two cents

MrH
04-08-10, 17:11
my waters tell me this int going to go down well.... could be wrong though..

Thats a possiblity but the location is quite good.

:rolleyes:

DIFFIN = FAIL

Could see that :)

DIFFIN AT NIGHT = Gardai

Gardai will have no hand in what happens and what doesn't happen, they can step in if something illegal happens gladly, the location is private.

etc.................. thats my two cents

Simon
04-08-10, 17:13
Thats a possiblity but the location is quite good.

the location is not the problem man its the diffing side of things that will be the probleeemo

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 17:15
illegal? how about a load of noisy cars at night doing rings?? i think sum1 in the area will be making a phonecall to stop it!

a bit stupid in my opinion! its only going to giv more lads bad names and attract attention of the Gardai etc...

MrH
04-08-10, 17:20
the location is not the problem man its the diffing side of things that will be the probleeemo

I can see it being an issue alright, but I was never overly annoyed by differs. I'm just wondering if a king of the ring sort of effect would attract people or put twice as many off. I know diffing wont win any friends on this site. At the same time it would keep alot of fools of the streets if they had an area to "show off"

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 17:23
I can see it being an issue alright, but I was never overly annoyed by differs. I'm just wondering if a king of the ring sort of effect would attract people or put twice as many off. I know diffing wont win any friends on this site. At the same time it would keep alot of fools of the streets if they had an area to "show off"

yeah the thing is though! u might want to bring lads off the roads to show off but what happens after? there so pumped up after showing how to go around in circles that they start acting the dick on the way home!:rolleyes:

Aidan Hogan
04-08-10, 17:39
Put this up on adc or sites like that and you'll get better feedback

MrH
04-08-10, 18:36
It'l hit the other sites eventually, just as I said seeing what peoples opinions would be. Like it is a hectare of tarmacs so something can be done

Baz_180
04-08-10, 19:26
A hectare of tarmac! Make a track out of it and start having drift days! Where in the country is it? Could be demand for it

MrH
04-08-10, 22:00
Theres gullys in the yard, wud probably bend a wheel if ya hit them full chat. Then again I could be wrong, may get a pic

Chuck_g
04-08-10, 22:11
Get up pics of the area, ive been looking for somewhere like this.................Pm if you like.

MrH
04-08-10, 22:31
I'll try get em up asap

ps13-sr20
05-08-10, 21:02
pics ????????????????????????????????????????

MrH
06-08-10, 11:22
Gimmie more time, havnt got a chance to get near the place yet. As soon as I have em, they will hit DI.

podge
07-08-10, 03:12
truck yard portlaoise organise a drift day wit the crowd here for a start or give the location to prodrift dont ruin a venue which we have little off on tis isle by a shit event tat whole undustrial estate could be made into a good drifting venue wit the right support
if itsnot where i said it is pm me where it is

bart
07-08-10, 09:12
think this will be a disaster...................

MrH
07-08-10, 11:06
think this will be a disaster...................

Have faith, havn't really started thinking about it yet. Not for another while anyways.

bart
07-08-10, 17:43
Have faith, havn't really started thinking about it yet. Not for another while anyways.

well that statment just proves me right so...............:rolleyes:

Aidan Hogan
07-08-10, 18:15

then why start planning it here ?? :confused:

MrH
08-08-10, 23:11
Not makin plans, just looking for suggestions.

MrH
09-08-10, 20:15
Okay I've been talking with the owner of the yard a little more on the subject. Unfortunatly I still havn't got round to to taking pics as of yet.

What were going to do is run a drift day. It'll be on a Sunday in the next few weeks.

Sorry about the lack of pics but heres a link to the place untill I get back in the area http://www.midlandscontainerdepot.ie

Weve got interest from one of the guys from AE86 Irl and he's landing down saterday for a look at the site.

Prices to be announced.

If you interested drop your name down just so I can get an idea for some intial numbers. Thanks!

MrH
10-08-10, 15:45
Not one person interested in a midlands drift event?

Cooldrft
10-08-10, 22:54
truck yard portlaoise organise a drift day wit the crowd here for a start or give the location to prodrift dont ruin a venue which we have little off on tis isle by a shit event tat whole undustrial estate could be made into a good drifting venue wit the right support
if itsnot where i said it is pm me where it is

I agree ,if the first event isn't run professionally ,you or anyone else wont be running a 2nd.
Opening it up to every tom,dick+harry straight away is a recipe for disaster.