View Full Version : thegosson drifting @ mondello park 24-07-10

thegosson
04-08-10, 06:01
i found one of the videos that was short enough to put up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-mnJZZJDc

SUPER 180
04-08-10, 09:27
iv never seen mondello tat empty!! :eek:

well done man ya seem to be gettin the hang of it..

but OMG stick the dam thing in 3rd will ya!! :D

way2fastforu
04-08-10, 09:32
good vid shane...looked like it was quite enuf up there

thegosson
04-08-10, 12:28
iv never seen mondello tat empty!! :eek:

well done man ya seem to be gettin the hang of it..

but OMG stick the dam thing in 3rd will ya!! :D

yeah paul anytime i stuck it in 3rd its seemed to bog down an just straigten up on me. so with gearing and diff ratios etc... i recon i'll need more power to pull third propperly. but yeah i had a blast out there. i'v a good few more vids here but there too large for youtube, but when i work something out i'll pop them up and you'll see what i mean about 3rd gear. cheers for the comments.

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 12:33
Go on shane ya legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i reli want to get onto a track??
did u find it easier on a track or the likes of tullow etc????

thegosson
04-08-10, 12:38
Go on shane ya legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i reli want to get onto a track??
did u find it easier on a track or the likes of tullow etc????

actually thought it was easier in mondello than anywhere els i'v been.

twailbait
04-08-10, 12:40
yeah paul anytime i stuck it in 3rd its seemed to bog down an just straigten up on me. so with gearing and diff ratios etc... i recon i'll need more power to pull third propperly. but yeah i had a blast out there. i'v a good few more vids here but there too large for youtube, but when i work something out i'll pop them up and you'll see what i mean about 3rd gear. cheers for the comments.

You just need to give it abit more stick to do 3rd, clutch kick it instead of handbraking it!

There's plenty of power to do it!

thegosson
04-08-10, 12:45
You just need to give it abit more stick to do 3rd, clutch kick it instead of handbraking it!

right so i'll give it a go next time im out there. cheers. whats everyones plans, dont know should i do mondello or driftjam cause they clash.i'd like to do driftjam if nothing els just to make sure the event runs and keep it going. ah i dont know im torn.

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-08-10, 12:51
Il be hitting mondello i think..!

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 12:55
actually thought it was easier in mondello than anywhere els i'v been.

yeah i reli want to get on a track alright!

yee haww

Stevo
04-08-10, 14:10

He speaks the truth, paul has standard power no handbreak and can more or less link mondello and his yolk loves 3rd... Sum balls on him tho :p

Looks so calm in ur cabin, im like an epileptic having a fit haha

SUPER 180
04-08-10, 15:00
He speaks the truth, paul has standard power no handbreak and can more or less link mondello and his yolk loves 3rd... Sum balls on him tho :p

haha!! leave my balls outa this :D

Simon
04-08-10, 17:21

pauls 180 as far as i remember has some go out of it..... not slow by any means stevo...

doin great shane keep it up...

Stevo
04-08-10, 17:45
pauls 180 as far as i remember has some go out of it..... not slow by any means stevo...

Its standard si as paul will tell you himself, think it has frontmount engine damper and turbo back exhaust i could be wrong but dont think i am having snooped around the engine bay, sum yolk to go was out with big balls around mondello 2-3 times one day mad cunt :D:D:D:cool:

Gar-4-age 86
04-08-10, 17:49
Nice dude!!!!! do mondello were all goin :p

Simon
04-08-10, 17:52
Its standard si as paul will tell you himself, think it has frontmount engine damper and turbo back exhaust i could be wrong but dont think i am having snooped around the engine bay, sum yolk to go was out with big balls around mondello 2-3 times one day mad cunt :D:D:D:cool:

has it not got an s15 turbo? Jay did some work on this and as far as i know he was even surprised at it...

Newsome
04-08-10, 18:32
Cool vid man. Nice transition at 7.13.;) Who was the nut case in the cam? Ha.

japman2202
04-08-10, 18:39
Nice car lad :p
What camera and mount are you using?

Tekno Twinky
04-08-10, 18:53
Cool vid man. Nice transition at 7.13.;) Who was the nut case in the cam? Ha.

retro head! hes a good man to have behind the wheel of an 86!

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 19:26
yeah what a legend in the cam!! a bit of rallycross buts the way to do it!:p

SUPER 180
04-08-10, 20:42
no s15 on my tubby on my yoke.. just the mods stevo listed ;)

thegosson
04-08-10, 20:51
cheers for the comments lads.
its a Gopro HD with its own mount that comes with it. class wee yolk.
oh yeah and the nut in the cam is retro head off here.

japman2202
04-08-10, 21:09
What sort of money did that cost you? Are they a specific on board camera?

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 22:20

Think there 250 euros.. There a camera for extreme sports including sum surfing so there waterproof aswell u can stick them anywhere

retro head
04-08-10, 22:47

yeah mad for grass i am!:)aaah its a balls id be tryin to keep momentum up goin into bends but the lack of grip with the wetting the bends means offroading is a regular occurence,adds to the craic i suppose!
ye could even hear the clutch rape goin up the straight some camera!

i not that mad i wouldnt put anyone elses car at unnessary risk though just so youse know:eek:

thats a fine setup ye have shane ,wouldnt be big into media and that but having a camera there is class,ye can look back and see how ye done

ian g sr20
04-08-10, 22:52
some nice driven their with u lad keep at it, must get out in my own 1 some time

Jay Rockett
04-08-10, 23:03
Good man shane your getting the hang of it now, keep it up! Its all about seat-time as ya can see..

Prodrifter86
04-08-10, 23:04
yeah mad for grass i am!:)aaah its a balls id be tryin to keep momentum up goin into bends but the lack of grip with the wetting the bends means offroading is a regular occurence,adds to the craic i suppose!
ye could even hear the clutch rape goin up the straight some camera!

i not that mad i wouldnt put anyone elses car at unnessary risk though just so youse know:eek:

thats a fine setup ye have shane ,wouldnt be big into media and that but having a camera there is class,ye can look back and see how ye done

That's the way to do it go out and giv it a go u defo not the first t
person to hit the grass!! I used to sit in with my cousin o
in the rallysprints and we had a few offroad moments 1 including hitting the tyre wall coming out if the hole in the hedge (not the drift track but the other way) and it just went bang up onto bonnet andwe kept going haha it's a slippy place when it's wet in sum places

Aidan Hogan
04-08-10, 23:31

x2 hahahaa

thegosson
05-08-10, 19:05

check out www.gopro.com all you need to know is in there.

japman2202
05-08-10, 19:52
check out www.gopro.com all you need to know is in there.

Cheers lad, i had a quick look on it last night.
Is that where you bought yours???
I was thinking of getting this one

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=30

and the rollbar mount

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=15

Which mount are you using in your video????

Sorry for hikacking your thread :o

thegosson
06-08-10, 07:27
yep its the hd motorsport package i have and you get all the mounts that are shown in the pics.got it in murray motorsport, im using the big suction one thats in the pic. depending on your roll cage alot of the time there isn't clearance between roof etc for the camera or the fittings on that roll bar mount. if you have no roof lining the suction mount sticks to the skin on the inside of the roof, but vids are taken upside down which you can flip on your computer later, or gopro are releasing an update for the HD cam to enable it to film upside down so no need to flip it later for playback. go to youtube or vimeo and type in eyeofmine ,they have a 3 part video that goes through the different mounts and what they can do and the pros and cons, and they show some handy mounts that they came up with themselfs and also sell. worth a look.

dan
06-08-10, 17:24
ur some good drifting lad fair play

Kaleb180
10-08-10, 17:43
cool vid shane ! Looking good man .... nice and tidy :D

Keep it up dude !!!

thegosson
10-08-10, 22:18
cool vid shane ! Looking good man .... nice and tidy :D

Keep it dude !!!

cheers kaleb. hows your car comming along?

Kaleb180
11-08-10, 20:40
ahh not coming along at all ..... has come to a hault at the min !
But will be back at soon , hopefully .