PDA

View Full Version : Respray first or wheels first??

Estie
27-07-10, 14:13
Well lads I sold my ultralites on Sunday so I was planning on puttin the money towards a set of misters! But the car is in dyer need of a respray! Iv new vented wings and a few othr nice bits aswel! The cars an s14.5 in solid black! So I'm thinkin of gettin the car sprayed first and then savin up for wheels! I have the standard wheels back on the car now I picked them up cheap so I'm thinkin of sprayin them pink for the time been! It will look well against the black!

So do ye think I just go for full resray first an then wheels or other way round! I'm leanin towards respray so car will be mint once again!

Resprays costin in around 1500! Few extra bits been done aswel as paint!

BoyRacer_X
27-07-10, 14:20
Do you have any pics of the car as it stands now lad?? :)

Greg
27-07-10, 14:59
Wheels first. You can get away with it looking all ghetto fabulous with sexy wheels. If it was a gay wheel drive car then you'd do the bodywork first.

Administrator
27-07-10, 15:01
Wheels first. You can get away with it looking all ghetto fabulous with sexy wheels. If it was a gay wheel drive car then you'd do the bodywork first.

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so true.

Wheels first. Then lowness. Bodywork as stuff breaks

paddyb01
27-07-10, 15:01
im in the same boat lad repray or works the more i think about it, the repray is the first think to do no point haven savage wheels and shit paint

Dozzler
27-07-10, 15:09
I'd say just stick it out and save enough to do both at the same time! :D

PeterT
27-07-10, 15:43
im in the same boat lad repray or works the more i think about it, the repray is the first think to do no point haven savage wheels and shit paint

This man is drunk!

Shiny paint still wont make a car stand out if youve shit wheel/average wheels.

Badass wheels will make a car stand out even if youve scruffy paint/average body. (like my cefiro:D)

ae86turbo
27-07-10, 15:46
wheels wheels wheels all the way,no one cares about how clean ur car is these days its all about the wheels:D

way2fastforu
27-07-10, 15:52
wheels!!like greg said you can make it look ghetto fabulous wit nice wheels!:D

nikkisixx69
27-07-10, 19:29
wheels, your car is not exactly rough, and if u painted your car first, you'd still be rolling around on shit wheels, which in turn would let the rest of the car down.

never underestimate the styling power of a good set of wheels:p

Estie
28-07-10, 00:08
well im wild fussy so i have to have mint paint!!

if i paint now i wont have wheel money till october as im back ta collage!!

gem-s13
28-07-10, 00:12
get wheels first lad!! no point getting it painted then getting wheels and might need to roll the archs or mod stuff to get the wheels sitting right then ruin a new paint job!! you allways make the car around the wheels!!

nikkisixx69
28-07-10, 00:16
you allways make the car around the wheels!!

i wish that never existed:p

Estie
28-07-10, 00:19
ya true thanks thats a good point!

heres car incase ye wonderin wat it looks like! on standard wheels now and with leather seats as the blue recaros are for sale! wanna get brides!

misters will look well under it

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq76/estie_vti/100_1771.jpg

B.Egan
28-07-10, 00:57
You'd be mad to respray it first over a set of wheels....just plain mad lol. Plus that looks pretty mint paintwise anyway?

PeterT
28-07-10, 08:09
What the fuck, theres not even a scrape on the bumper like? Get some feckin wheels dont be daft

paddyb01
28-07-10, 09:13
i know that car well not a thing wrong with the paint on mines full of stone chips and the arch is cracked
defo get the wheels lad, have to say the wheels you already had looked the tits anyways:D

Alan B.
28-07-10, 09:18
wheels then paint, if for no other reason then further mods may make a respray worthless if something needs modding to sit right on the new wheels.

Estie
28-07-10, 12:46
@paddy bumper is off the car an I ha it left outside an a storm cme an blew it round the garden scrapin an chippin it to shite! One of the skirts is cracked and the skirts are chippin paint from the door rubbin off them! The boot is all runs from who ever sprayed it last and few other little scrapes!!

I didn't like the ultralites I don't like meshed wheels like that! The works will make a huge difference!

Think il go with wheels first so lads!

Thanks

dog-tag
28-07-10, 13:01
to be honest, the way id do it is -

if theres wheels goin for a good price I'd grab em.

BUT if theres no nice wheels you've taken a shine too,
then hold off on them, get it sprayed while ye have the
cash... then keep scouting for wheels after the paint
while you save back up...

all about the end picture and value for money for me :)
Don't get wheels just for the sake of it.

Administrator
28-07-10, 13:02
@paddy bumper is off the car an I ha it left outside an a storm cme an blew it round the garden scrapin an chippin it to shite! One of the skirts is cracked and the skirts are chippin paint from the door rubbin off them! The boot is all runs from who ever sprayed it last and few other little scrapes!!

I didn't like the ultralites I don't like meshed wheels like that! The works will make a huge difference!

Think il go with wheels first so lads!

Thanks

Good idea! It looks good in pictures, which is all that matters!

richiek
09-09-10, 20:14
wheels always have to come first

Tekno Twinky
09-09-10, 20:44
WHEELS FACT! Fit them on the car then bash arches to fit them! then make pretty and spray!

michael
09-09-10, 21:07
get the wheels dude

Estie
10-09-10, 02:52
buyin darraghs wheels but there not goin on the silvia!

swappin it tomoro night for a tez and cash my way! in collage so tezza will be more afordable till next summer and i might get a s15 then

Greg
10-09-10, 09:29
Some boy for changing your mind. :D

Estie
10-09-10, 11:42
ha! that i am!!! feck it the silvia deserves some one that will use it! i never drive it