PDA

View Full Version : clip the cone in stonies

S14a johno
22-07-10, 20:00
hey all

was in stonies there last week, just woundering do i need swin wider to clip the clone or not enough power down? :confused::confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxiCMgHJoyg

all comments welcome

tanks to dave for the video

mick-skyline
22-07-10, 20:03
i think its a bit of both, i actually think you might need more steering angle so you can get more of an angle coming out of the corner to get the tail onto it, looks an awkward corner to get across to that cone from the angle of the camera, never been down so dont know what its actually like

s15_spec_r
22-07-10, 20:09
if its the last cone we had to hit johno i was strugglin a bit to get to it in the wet, was moving a bit to quick i think i was, i had to hit 3rd to get a steeper angle for the front to get near it, the NA defo had advantage down there in the wet, easier to slow down and to swing into the cone,, next time out, we will hav to get the cones out sooner

S14a johno
22-07-10, 20:13
if its the last cone we had to hit johno i was strugglin a bit to get to it in the wet, was moving a bit to quick i think i was, i had to hit 3rd to get a steeper angle for the front to get near it, the NA defo had advantage down there in the wet, easier to slow down and to swing into the cone,, next time out, we will hav to get the cones out sooner

defo i tink we should leave them out and see how poelpe get one...............
nope it that video there tight to the tyres, it was moved out for the battles,
but did you come in 3rd into the corner dave? was nearly sittn on the limater

Stevie e39 drift
22-07-10, 20:15
needs to be fast and then slide in not just handbrake before the bend ..... hydro handbrake sum job der !

s15_spec_r
22-07-10, 20:23
no man i was 2nd into all the bends i could get third once i came around the bend at the top of the hill, you done seem to be initiating soon enough on the bend at the bottom of the hill (where the first cone was) you seem to be getting your drift after you pass the bend, if you had your drift already set up when you come to the bend you could use the throttle and more oposite lock to get the back of the car into the cone,

S14a johno
22-07-10, 20:26
no man i was 2nd into all the bends i could get third once i came around the bend at the top of the hill, you done seem to be initiating soon enough on the bend at the bottom of the hill (where the first cone was) you seem to be getting your drift after you pass the bend, if you had your drift already set up when you come to the bend you could use the throttle and more oposite lock to get the back of the car into the cone,

well was lifting the wand before the bend, and then turning, but in the dry id be lifting it well before the bend, but first time on the wet, good craic, but pratice makes perfect :):):)
need to work on that do

when you be out again bud

s15_spec_r
22-07-10, 20:34
i dunno yet man, i just seen that mondello are goin a day on sunday the 15th and im gutted, im dying to do mondello but that the same weekend the boss is away :( hopefully i will get another day out before the winter even if i hav to organise it meself and just let lads come along,

S14a johno
22-07-10, 20:35
i dunno yet man, i just seen that mondello are goin a day on sunday the 15th and im gutted, im dying to do mondello but that the same weekend the boss is away :( hopefully i will get another day out before the winter even if i hav to organise it meself and just let lads come along,

keep me posted :D
always good bit of craic in stonies

jap scrap
22-07-10, 21:34
You are getting the first corner wrong your entry is to late its fucking up your second corner aswell earlier entry and more manfoot

Stevo
22-07-10, 21:39
Jaysus ur coming along well johno!!! You staying all the way over to the left of the track for the hill/top turn??

S14a johno
23-07-10, 17:36
Jaysus ur coming along well johno!!! You staying all the way over to the left of the track for the hill/top turn??

well comeing down the stright on left then move into the corne as i lift the wond, but tink everyone rite, need lift the wond earlier before the corner

Robbie Daly Ps13
23-07-10, 18:04
Iv hit this bone about 50 times i say......! Goldstone is a mad little track but fun....! Its all about linking the full track down there.....! That bottom corner starts at the top one in my eyes.....! Come out wideish on the top bend and get the power down as much as ya can then do the transition trough the s trying to clip the cone thats there with the back of the car.....! Once you get trough the s straight on the wand well before the bend....! You should be well sideways before you come to the bend and let the wand slow you down and don't scrub off too much speed thats where your going wrong....! You should barely have to touch the brakes.....! The car will take its own line from there you'l see.....! Best of luck....!