PDA

View Full Version : radio with hids

gav sr20
18-07-10, 16:42
just wondering if anyone can help me on this,

i got hids in my car and everytime i switch the hids on the radio signal goes fuzzy and wen i turn the hids off radio is perfect, is it something got to do wit an earth on the hids

anyone no wat it could be???

ian g sr20
18-07-10, 16:51
had that the last time got new hid,s and problem sorted, i think its down 2 the box that the hid,s were running off

suislide
18-07-10, 16:57
its the hid ballasts they omit a high frequency that screws with da radio .could also depend on where you have the ballasts mounted

gav sr20
18-07-10, 19:04
its the hid ballasts they omit a high frequency that screws with da radio .could also depend on where you have the ballasts mounted

i have them mounted on the wheel arch's in the engine bay, if thats any help

gav sr20
21-07-10, 10:53
anyone one help me with this

slammedmind
21-07-10, 11:24
You need to check your earths gav and make sure the boxes are insulated and not touching the body ie bare metal. Do you have a sub or amp setup?

gav sr20
21-07-10, 11:51
You need to check your earths gav and make sure the boxes are insulated and not touching the body ie bare metal. Do you have a sub or amp setup?

no ive no sub or amp, they are touchin de body so wat just put them somewhere that thare not touchin the body???

slammedmind
21-07-10, 12:08
no ive no sub or amp, they are touchin de body so wat just put them somewhere that thare not touchin the body???

ideally, something that will insulate them. Im guessing theyre an aluminium ballast and not a plastic one? If you mount them to the body a piece of rubber or nylon covered in insulation tape will do the trick

gav sr20
21-07-10, 18:56
ideally, something that will insulate them. Im guessing theyre an aluminium ballast and not a plastic one? If you mount them to the body a piece of rubber or nylon covered in insulation tape will do the trick

cheers rob will give it a go see if thats solves it:D