PDA

View Full Version : PD Rnd 3 CityWest Afterthoughts

bnollie
27-06-10, 09:56
Alright lads. There is usually threads on here slating Prodrift events and the way they are setup.

Well yesterdays event was Flawless.

PA system was good easy to hear the commentary.

Price wasn't bad either.

Track was unreal technical good to see a change in the running of the course. Drivers looked to be loving the huge entry speed .

Also the commentator was very easy on the ears. KEEP HIM.

Hope today goes the same.

Good to hear that all the constructive criticism was taken on board. Keep up the good work lads.

Citywest ftw:D

MANO
27-06-10, 10:05
couldnt agree more good work prodrift

tango cam
27-06-10, 14:13
ya have ta agree schedule was just the job, drivers knew where they were ment ta be and when, made the day move along alot quicker, track was grand bar the first corner big entry speeds into a hair pin dont go! only one thing pissed me off was when u were qing for practice why cant lads sit in there cars or be at least near em to keep en moving on,
was a great weekend over all, prodrift have upped there game unreal!
lets hope the get the park across the road for the last round :D:D:D

MrH
27-06-10, 17:52
Absolutly loving the team sections, some skill to pull off a tidy lap.

yowdy
27-06-10, 18:04
lads hats off to prodrift savage event now get pics up:D

Aiido
27-06-10, 18:05
fair play to ya yowdy car was mint out there...

yowdy
27-06-10, 18:12
ah tanx lad had feirce trouble wid the hydro as hitting the wall friday showed so didnt try eairly entrys whitched made me look realy bad,, came 33rd 1 away from qual saterday and 3rd in team drift so i had a great weeknd realy did

ste
27-06-10, 18:26
Hats off to a brill event nice to know prodrift are takin on board wats been said... Best change so far is me oul buddy dave egan bein up there doin commentary.. Took to it like duck to water imo very easy on the ear and explained very well wat was happenin and wat judges wanted in the run etc... Also thanks to di for havin my car on the stand..

1-JAY-Z
27-06-10, 18:28
Great day out, probably the best so far, loved the new track layout.

Chuck_g
27-06-10, 18:44
Who won wat???

Prodrifter86
27-06-10, 18:45
So guys today was a savage day out at Prodrift! they took everyting on board that was said on here and they made it happen. we had savage weather and great action with some big offs and top class driving. great to see the guys over from the uk. and also stephen brooks doing a video! which i cant wait to watch.
congrats to James Deane today great driving today he was on it all day!

so thats it! so all comments welcome to a degree;)

gem-s13
27-06-10, 18:49
fair play to prodrift for taking on board every single bit of critisisum that was said in previouse treads and making it happin!!! they even went 1 step further and brodcast the comentry over the airwaves which was very handy for us drivers in the pits!

new comintator ftw!!!! dont no the chap but he is good to listen to and he no what he is talking about! but i still have to say get rid of john gibbons in my opinion he is only a waste of money, today was not to bad as he shut his mouth agood bit but it just shows how thick the chap is im not sure whos top 16 run it was but he was talking about football! when the cars were well into the first bend then the new guy had cut in and talk over him

didnt have a great run myself on sat as an intermitant electrical fault fucked my 2nd qualifying run, fair play to jay, Quily, and the other lads for getting to sunday wish i was there with you maybe next time if the car holds up!

Patrick
27-06-10, 18:50
What were the results?

Greg
27-06-10, 18:54
Yowdy your car looked and sounded cool out on track. I was wondering what was going on with your entries and now I know. Shit luck with the smash and hydro not working right.

Great day out bar all the crashes. It was ran so smoothly and there was always action going on which kept the crowds entertained. The new commentator was class and should be kept. Entries of the day had to go Dennis Healy and Polo. The two boys were unreal and pulled off crazy entries every time.

Congrats to james Deane on the win.

Carlie
27-06-10, 18:59
1st: James Deane.
2nd: Mike Deane.
3rd: Alan Sinnott.
4th: Chris Brady.

Absolutely fantastic weekend! Really enjoyed it. Loved Citywest as a venue. The new commentator is brilliant. Gibbons still has to go... Hes a pain in the face. P.A system was much better. And I'm glad PD took on board everything people on here said. Made for IMO the best event in Ireland to date. Track was mean. Hope everyone who crashed is ok! And congrats to James on the win!

Chuck_g
27-06-10, 19:01
Chris Brady 4th in seeded pro?? Thats fucking excellent, fairplay man................fucking fairplay.......

Congrats to the Deanes too and Alan......

Any results on non seed and ama?

1-JAY-Z
27-06-10, 19:02
Yowdy your car looked and sounded cool out on track. I was wondering what was going on with your entries and now I know. Shit luck with the smash and hydro not working right.

Great day out bar all the crashes. It was ran so smoothly and there was always action going on which kept the crowds entertained. The new commentator was class and should be kept. Entries of the day had to go Dennis Healy and Polo. The two boys were unreal and pulled off crazy entries every time.

Congrats to james Deane on the win.

Yea there was very little time without any action, Seen your Chaser inside thought the fucking thing was on fire when I walked in first haha. I was also wondering Yowdy why you wernt using the hydro anyway sure hopefully you'll be right for the next one. Bonzai corolla guy was unreal didnt expect him out the 2nd time after the smack but he put up some effort against James Deane it was so tight they had to run them again but James came out on top 2nd time round, I didnt think the little rolla would have the power to do the full track but Donal showed balls of steel!!

Carlie
27-06-10, 19:03
Barry Leonard won the Non seeded pro's.
Not sure on the rest tbh.
Well deserved for Barry.
Chris Brady and Christy Carpenter were on fire today .
Some incredible entries.
Too many good drivers to mention!

Davie
27-06-10, 19:04
Very good venue
Team drifting was carnage!
gem and jay did well.good to watch.
loved the entries especially Christy carpenter

Chuck_g
27-06-10, 19:06
Thats Barry's second event win ya?? Non Seed pro win in his hands so no doubt, good man :)

I can see Chris going places in PD this year............

Gutted i missed it.........track looked sweet!

Aiido
27-06-10, 19:08
ah tanx lad had feirce trouble wid the hydro as hitting the wall friday showed so didnt try eairly entrys whitched made me look realy bad,, came 33rd 1 away from qual saterday and 3rd in team drift so i had a great weeknd realy did

ya i was there friday... seen u and bart hittin the wall.. was shit luck..

dont blame ya backing off the entrys it was takin out the best...

Dennis healy is some man.. 103kph entry and havin the car completely side ways...

jay rocket was on fire over the weekend.. one to watch over the future

ste
27-06-10, 19:34
One word, EPIC... What a amazin weekends driftin had everythin, the weather the action the location everythin was spot on and hope that daves the new pd commentator..

Mick K
27-06-10, 19:36
Too Sick to comment,Back soon!

Davie
27-06-10, 19:46
One word, EPIC... What a amazin weekends driftin had everythin, the weather the action the location everythin was spot on and hope that daves the new pd commentator..

I agree but the other lad was hard to listin to,when ya could hear him
car was spotless as per usual ste,rims look cool in the flesh

the location was spot on.plus people staying in the hotel where coming
in for a look and realizing drifting isn't circles at a crossroad

ste
27-06-10, 19:49
Thanks dave... And I also head people in the hotel refer to it as glorified joyriding. :@

Administrator
27-06-10, 19:50
Epic epic epic. Prodrift back to its best! Whopper driving by all the drivers - no half hearted stuff.

Big huge congrats to Jay who won the Amateur class!

New commentator is win also

damo86
27-06-10, 19:51
FIRSTLY the commentator was top all weekend great job man :D

prodrift seem to be gettin the weather for all events and made a great job of this event..... thumbs up lads great job

barryl
27-06-10, 19:57
Thats Barry's second event win ya?? Non Seed pro win in his hands so no doubt, good man :)

I can see Chris going places in PD this year............

Gutted i missed it.........track looked sweet!

TEAM WKD ftw :D
absolute brillant wknd.track was savage.an weather was amazing.
prodrift ran a savage event..:D:D:D:D

markII-90
27-06-10, 19:59
Proper carnage out there today!!

Dennis healy was flyin until he had a quiet word with the tyre wall :(

x100 times better then punchestown from a spectator point of view..

Stevo
27-06-10, 20:05
TEAM WKD ftw :D
absolute brillant wknd.track was savage.an weather was amazing.
prodrift ran a savage event..:D:D:D:D

Congrats fella, was'nt up there today but friday and saturday you were on it big time :cool:

ian g sr20
27-06-10, 20:07
was a great weekend some bad crases out their, good driving and wather wat more could u ask for,

barryl
27-06-10, 20:10
Congrats fella, was'nt up there today but friday and saturday you were on it big time :cool:

cheers lad. very happy way car is running!

MANO
27-06-10, 20:12
best weekend so far drifting,venue,partying fair play too dave on the commentry he was class now too get some sleep :eek:

Greg
Seen your Chaser inside thought the fucking thing was on fire when I walked in first haha.

Goit a fright myself when I saw the Latezza beside it with all the smoke pissing out of it. I don't know where the boys pulled the smoke machine out of.

What's the caric with having the crowd as a judge? Does anybody else think that is stupid, or is it just me? Like in the final everybody thought it was going to go OMT because according to Gibbon the crowd were making the decision and then Bergin called it for James deane and he was announced the winner. It kind of ruined a bit of the atmosphere at that moment because people were hyped up for another two runs.

bart
good weekend..
great driving by jay and barry l..
sick over wrecking my car...
but shir thats life... :(

bart
27-06-10, 20:13
cheers lad. very happy way car is running!

great driving again this weekend ted... ;)

wezwkd
27-06-10, 20:15
What a fantastic weekend from Prodrift. Hats off. Both drivers & spectators were well happy with little or no complaints. Standard levels have just gone through the roof. Keep up the good work lads. Hopefully we all behaved well enough for the management of Citywest to have us back again for an even better event.

Derk
27-06-10, 20:16
Best weekend in a long time... Well run event and the craic in the residents bar in the hotel was mighty too :D
Got to meet a good few of the heads off here over the weekend and they were all sound out..
Excellent drivin by the majority of lads out there and the team drifting was very entertaining, especially the DI drift team, well done lads ;)
Roll on the next one!!

ciaran r
27-06-10, 20:19
only got up for today,some epic day of drifting,fair play to all the lads,driftireland team FTW fair play lads for puttin on a show. . . .

pity bout the mass of bumpers collected at the first bend still didnt stop the lads going balls out,the weather and location made the day

jap scrap
27-06-10, 20:21
I was not at it but by the sounds of things well done prodrift how was the judging

<Shane>
27-06-10, 20:27
Great that the weather held up. Very enjoyable day have to say, judging was ok, great track, great quality drifting and top commentary from Dave. Hopefully we'll be Hearing more of him now. Had a great laugh with the lads and some really nice motors at the show.

chrisbrady325
27-06-10, 20:29
Great weekend! hotel friday nite was serious craic! crowd was class today loved the atmosphere!! well done on the win james you wer in serious form! and to Barry on the win saturday well deserved driving great! Dan Moorehead was by goin balls out i mean on the ground best drifting i watched all day was ur qualifyin laps! hats off lad!

Well ran by prodrift organisers commentary everythin went smoothly! great turnout!

danmoorhead
27-06-10, 20:32
the best run event ive ever been at!!! it was unreal!!!! savage track!! gud comtrey!! judgin was pretty much spot on!!! o yea and chris brady FTW!!!! bals on the floor!!!

chrisbrady325
27-06-10, 20:33
Also thanks to everyone that helped over the weekend and jay for some tidy drivin was great to watch ye!

Prodrifter86
27-06-10, 20:37
reli good! day! got to chat to the Di lads finally! haha
yeah the commentater was on the ball! to be honest even gibbons was getting the crowd going! but the new guy is ace! Prodrfit ran the event very well today! i do feel sorry for the chap in that lovely red 15 ( i can tink of his name) bit smack but thats motorsport. great weather and we had a blast with the RC drifting even though a few cares broke.....

great to see dan moorhead going well today aswell! was talking to him at the autograph signing and he was chilled out and totally happy with the car..

i think the judging was great for the runs i was looking at!
again denis healy had a smash in that savage cam. seemed to be a technical track that caught out the best of them..

theres only 2 problems i had with the whole event

1: im not the tallest lad in the world and it was very hard to see the action without trying to stand right at the fence when there was a spot!

2: the Prick on the gate to the Pits. i just had to go in a get a hydro handbrake from bart and it would hav took less then a minute and no way would he let me and the event was OVER for about 5mins
other than that epic weekend! i dont think any bitching can be said other than does two things

Greg
27-06-10, 20:41
Off topic - Was that you that came over to charge the batteries at the ADC stand?

Prodrifter86
27-06-10, 20:42
Off topic - Was that you that came over to charge the batteries at the ADC stand?

eh that 1 was on th other lads ! i was there when we were collecting the charger ! i was wearing the yellow t-shirt with ae86 on it!
the two other lads are on this aswell! eddie and colin

Scamper
27-06-10, 20:47
Cracking weekend, was on a stag up there, cannot functionnow, some epic drifting, nice to meet one or 2 off here finally

Bart sickened for ya with the car lad, and for the fella in the red 15

The two drivers that caught my eye most, were farrelly in the red 180sx and denis healy in the cam

Some balls to take that first corner..

Greg
27-06-10, 20:47
Ah right. Not you so. :D

Prodrifter86
27-06-10, 20:51
Ah right. Not you so. :D

was it a tallish lad! ?? with a green t-shirt?

Greg
27-06-10, 20:54
was it a tallish lad! ?? with a green t-shirt?

Two young lads is all I remember.

eric25
27-06-10, 20:54
all i can say is it was a savage weekend, great weather, savage place and some serious drifting, the standard out there is only gettin better and better,citywest FTW:D

Prodrifter86
27-06-10, 21:02
Two young lads is all I remember.

ah yeah eddie and colin

Muttly
27-06-10, 21:12
2: the Prick on the gate to the Pits. i just had to go in a get a hydro handbrake from bart and it would hav took less then a minute and no way would he let me and the event was OVER for about 5mins
other than that epic weekend! i dont think any bitching can be said other than does two thingsIn fairness to the security they were told no one gets in without a wrist band and they stuck to it well.

Think of it from their side, if I let this guy in, the 5 lads there that are watching will chance the same, then they'll kick several kinds of sh!t out of me if I don't since I left that other guy in.

Overall impression of the weekend was really good. I can't think of any bad decision. Small bit of a pity that I couldn't get centre track which would have made for better photos but on this it was simply a safety issue.

The time table, man was that stuck to! Well done on that, its been badly needed with a long time.

Prodrifter86
27-06-10, 21:14
In fairness to the security they were told no one gets in without a wrist band and they stuck to it well.

Think of it from their side, if I let this guy in, the 5 lads there that are watching will chance the same, then they'll kick several kinds of sh!t out of me if I don't since I left that other guy in.

Overall impression of the weekend was really good. I can't think of any bad decision. Small bit of a pity that I couldn't get centre track which would have made for better photos but on this it was simply a safety issue.

The time table, man was that stuck to! Well done on that, its been badly needed with a long time.

yeah fair enough ! on that! we tried getting during the event! but for god sake the event was over cars were loaded! i just wanted to step inside the gate and go over to him! my friend had a band and the two if us wanted to go in but no

bnollie
27-06-10, 21:17
I was most impressed with Dan Moorehead entries
Balls to the wall stuff lad

Feel for Danny Eyles thought he was in with a good chance to win very consistent all weekend.

Fair play to James on the win was a really good final well deserved win

Gem you are a mad cunt

Fair play to Prodrift best event so far everything was perfect cant fault a thing

barryl
27-06-10, 21:19
fair play chris. ya had a crackin wknds driving:D

kennethmurph
27-06-10, 21:21
wat a wkend... car went perfect tank god... everythin dat happened was my own fault:) i didnt like the way dey ran qualifing... i tink 1 practice and do ur 2 laps is better... i no dey were stuck for time and dat way is quicker

Moose
27-06-10, 21:31
great weekend, everything was run like a clock, congrats to pd on doin such a gud job, also v well done to chris brady, man was on fire all weekend

S14a johno
27-06-10, 21:34
savage day, best prodrift event thisyear, they had everyting to a T, like even the track was nicely done, and just over all very well runned,

yowdy
27-06-10, 21:44
as above fair balls to barry abso on fire,, well deserved ted

danmoorhead
27-06-10, 21:51
4got 2 say a big congrats ta barry big time win!! 2 in a roe!!! fair fukin play!!!

carpo
27-06-10, 21:55
Just in the door best drift event that has been ireland in a long time..hope the other car pack goes ahead there..:D

was a very relaxed weekend..hotel is de job..

fare play to barry and james on the win in non seed and pro classes.

stevek
27-06-10, 22:03
great weekend!! some unfortunate smacks but everyone was going for it so its to be expected! banzai corolla guy? HERO!!:D:eek:

eric25
27-06-10, 22:18
@carpo,some savage entries from ya today and for that car :eek::eek: its awsome.. fair play,brady was on top form some savage pilot

shaneS14
27-06-10, 22:31
yeah great weekend,

moorehead and carpo fair play some savage driving :)

thewavman
27-06-10, 22:36
savage weekend fair play to barry drivein savage all weekend
ps LOADS of pics soon :):D

joey banana s14
27-06-10, 22:40
had a great weekend shouted my lungs out and great to see the atmosphere coming back few drivers really impressed me gem=MENTAL in the team drift very entertaining, chris brady driving unreal lately , barry L well done on apsolutle fire lookin very comfortable with the car,Dan moorehead great to watch as always yowdy car looked and sounded amazing and smokin the place up;) well done just jap team, new comentator the job and must say big respect to prodrift on the ball this time lads well done

shaneS14
27-06-10, 22:43
i think the judges should just hold up score cards and not talk though,

alan180sx
27-06-10, 22:48
wat a weeekend my god im sickened it ova couldnt fault a thing

bid congrats to jay and barry

jay, barry, nick quelly dan an denis were unreal all weekend

denis healy should b givin his own trophy dat guy is nutts

Denis Healy My Hero

conorosr20
27-06-10, 23:03
who was commentating?

Eddie
27-06-10, 23:06

that woulda been meself lad.

will_c
27-06-10, 23:10
Dave egan, also known as daveziegen on here!

Quealy
27-06-10, 23:11
Donal Garry is my new hero, what a nut job! So unlucky to spin in the re-run..

alan180sx
27-06-10, 23:12
wat a weekend great event great weather and the craic in the bar was unreal tryd crashin a wedding fri nite fuckin security caught us hahaha

also met few the lads from ere grat craic had by all

Barry
27-06-10, 23:26
Savage weekend in city west, fair play to the lads drifting balls out all weekend, oh and fair play to that chap in the r32 with his engine pushed back he was throwing out huge smoke bombs all weekend, also japspeed should not be let put a front bumper on that v8 s15, that intercooler is insane:D, i think prodrift put on perfect event that was run fantasticly all three days, deffo back to being the no.1 drift organisation again, epic job:cool:

sarhsPD
27-06-10, 23:33
must say big respect to prodrift on the ball this time lads well done

I resent the "lads" statement haha!

joey banana s14
27-06-10, 23:42
I resent the "lads" statement haha!

sorry sorry my bad i phrased that wrong well done to everyone i ment at pd, stand was cool to and cracking women as always apolgies:o

sarhsPD
27-06-10, 23:48
Haha well I wasn't on the stand either but thanks. :)

Quality weekend of drifting lads, fair play to all the drivers!

thewavman
28-06-10, 00:02
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3255.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3249.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3258.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3259.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3260.jpg

gem-s13
28-06-10, 00:23
the above pic of my car just made me realise how shite!! my car looks! and that was full lock needs alot of work project tread here we go!

thewavman
28-06-10, 00:24
et.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3647.jpg[/IMG]http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3606.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3602.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3595.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3572.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3546.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3430.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3293.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3353.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3424.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3421.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3396.jpg

thewavman
28-06-10, 00:57
few more to come i have ass load i try pick out the good 1s ha ha

MikeFitz
28-06-10, 01:26
This whole weekend just rocked. Goodnite :D

Fredericks Balls
28-06-10, 07:19
I only got there about five minutes before the team event. Fair play to the DI lads, it wasnt the best run but it did look like awesome craic!! :D

I still think ticket prices are a joke. €80 for me, my wife, a 13 year old and a 16 year old. They should at least do some sort of family pass or something...

I personally disagree'd with some of the judging. I thought Polo deserved a OMT at least with Colfer, Nigel is brilliant and so consistant, but I thought Polo was just pushing so hard and IMO deserved more. I felt sick for Danny Eyles, he is awesome. Him and James in the final it should have been, and that would have been some battle!

Chris and Mike Dean, I thought Chris should have went to the final. The first runs shouldnt have went to OMT, they said they were identical on both runs and they were, apart from the blatently obvious part where Mike was much more shallow than Chris around the final turn, on both runs.

Then with Chris and Alan Sinnot should have went OMT. Both made big mistakes on each run. :confused: If it was the two deanes or sinnott and Lenihan or something I could bet my car on it going OMT...

No disrespect to anyone mentioned above though, all the drivers were outstanding!! Carpo deserved more too i thought, such a shame with the mistake...

yowdy
28-06-10, 07:31
lovin the pics wav

Becky
28-06-10, 08:17
I had an amazing weekend , the track proved a bit difficult but everyone seemed to enjoy the challenge , the commentator was brill and all the staff did a great job the weekend went smoothly. Didnt get to see much being so small but the team battles were class

Bradley_Motorworks
28-06-10, 08:35
Brilliant weekend... Rippin I magically ended up against Chris Brady in the 2nd round of Non seeded competition...:P Very tight run...lol
Oh well at least we retained our drift train title...:D Some fun driftin with Barnett...:D
Well done Chris for gettin so far...Roll on Mondello...Ill have a wee bit more power for it...:D

yowdy
28-06-10, 08:39
lad your team drift was savage

chrisbrady325
28-06-10, 08:49
I know was ragin it was me and you Richard damn that! i was hopin we coulda got a few re runs for the craic :D yourself rob and garry well done great display as always keep it up Mondello Team Tarmac Skillz FTW"" watched a few clips lastnite ragin i cudnt get teaming with yous but then again if i did my car wuda blew up it had a tough weekend :P

Administrator
28-06-10, 09:13
Merged two threads there. Must also mention that I thought Conor Farrelly drove brilliantly over the weekend in his standard kitted red 180

Fredericks Balls
28-06-10, 09:31
the above pic of my car just made me realise how shite!! my car looks! and that was full lock needs alot of work project tread here we go!

Are you on drugs man? I think your's and Jay's 180 are two of the coolest looking non pro type cars there. I love the two colour look, with the kit and the wheels it looks real aggressive! And you drive it properly too, respect!

ste
28-06-10, 09:31
Ye a mate of mine knows him well.. Just front mount and exhaust.. And it looks savage also.. He's just outta school too I was told so he's young and defo one to watch..

ste
28-06-10, 09:34
Agree wit balls , gem put the paint cans down I love how your car looks really eye catching:)

PeterT
28-06-10, 10:05
PRODRIFT LISTEN UP! WHOEVER IS READING THIS!

From one of the biggest critics from punchestowns disaster, this was a HUGE improvement!

Saturday was awesome, the added comentary and time table made it SO much more pleaseing to the spectator, and with the lack of that fucking eejit gibbons, I was pissed off when he made an appearance on sun but thank god it was brief!

Id like to congratulate and thank whoever it was that must hyave come on here after rd2, read all the criticism and took note, and completely turned it around!

All the DI supporters were all having the craic saturday and the guys in the PD tower could see that and that made it more fun too!

Driving was top notch, well done to Jay for his second win at his 2nd event!

Dennis Healy was driver of the weekend for me, THE most rediculous entries ive seen at an event ever. Conor fennely was savage too, great to watch! Gem being the gem that he is was good to watch, fits of fury! haha.

wasnt too sure on the choice to run it again with james deane and donal garry, judges saying that deane was creating a lead was jsut wrong, donal was on him. And then he spun in the OMT so that was a balls.I duno, maybe its the way things have to run in PD.

Epic weekend though, definately a turn around from the punchestwon disaster imo!

Well done to all involved!

Greg
28-06-10, 10:20
I didn't see Gem on Saturday but by fuck he was hammering around the track in the team battles. I'd say it's scary having him following you in a drift train. :D

Dennis Healy
28-06-10, 10:34
was a good weekend, well done to prodrift, timetable made some difference everyone knew where they had to be and was there on time.
car took a few slaps over the few days, no point holding back.
big well done to donal, he put up some battles against james, and to alan on taking 3rd place, i think all the cams came home broke up ha

Cezeli
28-06-10, 10:38
Finally got down on Sunday and have to say u really really enjoyed it. The track was excellent - crazy first corner and then a very cool mid-section.

Cut the shins off myself and spent the day walking around in my socks :( - face burnt too.

Congrats to Dave Egan on excellent commentary - very informative (im still new to drifting so it was good to get the low down on certain aspects). TBH i think Gibbons is good for stirring up the crowd and i thought Knox was funny too. They got caught talking at times when they shouldnt have been but its better to have a bit of banter and craic in between the runs.

All in all a fantastic run event in a great location - well done all the lads and lasses @ PD.

Newsome
28-06-10, 10:59
Couldnt have asked for a better weekend. Great for spectating, could see the whole track. Some breakings up were had. But i was still glad to see the end of it. It was a long weekend.

Anyone know how Bagsy is?

Fredericks Balls
28-06-10, 11:07
Apparently he's ok, he was taken to hospital for a full scan but was said to be fine.

(He had a smack but wallopped his head off the cage)

Was that your S14 without the BGW??

JDM
28-06-10, 11:28
Jesus bigg rage now i missed it thought nothing special would happen at this avent but by the looks of all the comments it was savage:eek:

Newsome
28-06-10, 11:38
Apparently he's ok, he was taken to hospital for a full scan but was said to be fine.

(He had a smack but wallopped his head off the cage)

Was that your S14 without the BGW??

Ah thats no to bad so.

Yeh that was it. The wing broke into 4 pieces last weekend. Raging over it.:mad:

MikeFitz
28-06-10, 11:58
Merged two threads there. Must also mention that I thought Conor Farrelly drove brilliantly over the weekend in his standard kitted red 180

Defo. Was watching him towards the end of the non seeded, within inches of the wall :D:D:D

Fredericks Balls
28-06-10, 12:00
Ah thats no to bad so.

Yeh that was it. The wing broke into 4 pieces last weekend. Raging over it.:mad:

Ah cock I thought you had taken it off! I was in the other White s14 heading to the red cow :)

Newsome
28-06-10, 12:02
Ah cock I thought you had taken it off! I was in the other White s14 heading to the red cow :)

Oh yeh i remember that. Is that your own one? Looks mint. We should draged from the lights. Haha.

thewavman
28-06-10, 12:04
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3724.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3699.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3695.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3639.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3672.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3653.jpg[/IMGhttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3709.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3706.jpg

Fredericks Balls
28-06-10, 12:13
Oh yeh i remember that. Is that your own one? Looks mint. We should draged from the lights. Haha.

Not quite it's the wife's :D you'd have won I haven't been over 0.5 bar I'm afraid to till it gets mapped! She loves your car so she wants black wheels and a BGW!

MikeFitz
28-06-10, 12:14
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3706.jpg

Cool pic lad, thanks! The Rotas look good!

thewavman
28-06-10, 12:19
Cool pic lad, thanks! The Rotas look good!

no bother fair play to ya ya drove well

nikki
28-06-10, 12:22
was a very good days driftin ,,,

poor donal on that spin out was devestated for him !!

well done to danni ya really do us girls proud :D also the commentator said 1 of 2 girls in prodrift is there another girl in semi pro ???? if so thats very awesome!!!

chris brady stoll the show ,, and sinnot was on fire . loved it roll on japfest

Bubba
28-06-10, 12:27
Just getting to post now! Sunday was very good, pity that Dave Egan guy wasn't doing all the commentating like on Saturday, he was very good IMO. Track was awesome, some great battles (Deane Vs. Garry was epic!) and although the crashes were entertaining i felt bad bad for all the unfortunates that hit the barrier. The noise when Lenihans wheel snapped while being pulled on to the truck gave me some shock (and Conor and the towing guy as well i'd say!). Prodrift really went all out with this venue and i hope to christ it returns in the future. The weather was great, i got a passenger spin, got a free t-shirt off of the second commentator (black guy can't remember his name!) and the drifting was awesome. Drivers that stood out to me were Dan Moorhead as always for the insane close-to-wall entries, Donal Garry for giving James Deane a serious run for his money in the far less powerful car, Jay Rockett was awesome all weekend i reckon he will be changing classes soon, Denis Healy was pretty balls-out even in practice, Carpo impressed both with driving and machine, Shane Lynch's car is a monster especially with the intercooler setup and sound, Chris Brady barely put a foot wrong all weekend in fact if a remember correctly he's one of the first drivers i saw on saturday that had the turn 2 hairpin nailed from the off, gem was very impressive and Paul Cheshire was very very good (awesome wheels!) and Danni for two of the fastest entries on Saturday, thats all that springs to mind right now but i'm sure i'll think of more.

Congrats to all the DI drivers!

Stevo
28-06-10, 12:28
was a very good days driftin ,,,

poor donal on that spin out was devestated for him !!

well done to danni ya really do us girls proud :D also the commentator said 1 of 2 girls in prodrift is there another girl in semi pro ???? if so thats very awesome!!!

chris brady stoll the show ,, and sinnot was on fire . loved it roll on japfest

Amy off here in the red fc3s is the other dori gal!!!

Prodrifter86
28-06-10, 12:34
have to say there that gem: your car is the shit lad! and jays! too proper looking Drifted style wagons!! and fair play to barry on his win:)

Conor sr_20
28-06-10, 12:50

Cheers man...
Was delighted with my weekend..:)
Qualified 15th in un seeded pro, got to top 8 and Spun on my second run against Jay!!:(
Still over the moon finish'd 5th overall and 3rd in the team drift!
Car ran perfectly all weekend!!
Jay Rockett, you should be in Pro:cool:

thewavman
28-06-10, 12:53
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewavman/IMG_3727.jpg

nikki
28-06-10, 12:57
Amy off here in the red fc3s is the other dori gal!!!

cool,, i havnt been at a prodrift in like a year so didnt know she was competing .. well done girlies

MikeFitz
28-06-10, 13:28
no bother fair play to ya ya drove well

Thanks lad, was happy to qualify, the car was going well. Was rightly impressed with the DI lads! ;)

sarhsPD
28-06-10, 13:34
Fikey Mitz... :) Any truth to the rumours of the blossoming love between yourself and the Love machine???? haha.

Well done bud. Even on Friday and you tryin to kill us in the tower! :)

Administrator
28-06-10, 13:49
Cheers man...
Was delighted with my weekend..:)
Qualified 15th in un seeded pro, got to top 8 and Spun on my second run against Jay!!:(
Still over the moon finish'd 5th overall and 3rd in the team drift!
Car ran perfectly all weekend!!
Jay Rockett, you should be in Pro:cool:

You were killing it man with a basic setup compared to the guys you were up against. Hope you heard us going mental for you up near our stand when you were out!

Amy G
28-06-10, 13:54
Great event, even if the track was impossible..... Gutted I missed out on top 32 by 3 places,:( but still delighted I was able to drift the little RX around such a difficult track without any damage :D
Only complaint was the pits being so far from the exhibition centre, was sick of walking up and down especially after Nixon broke my bike :(

Conor sr_20
28-06-10, 14:15
You were killing it man with a basic setup compared to the guys you were up against. Hope you heard us going mental for you up near our stand when you were out!

Yeah seen you's jumping all over the place a couple a times!!:p
UnReal Weekend!!

MikeFitz
28-06-10, 14:47
Great event, even if the track was impossible..... Gutted I missed out on top 32 by 3 places,:( but still delighted I was able to drift the little RX around such a difficult track without any damage :D
Only complaint was the pits being so far from the exhibition centre, was sick of walking up and down especially after Nixon broke my bike :(

You couldnt give that fella nothing! :p

MikeFitz
28-06-10, 14:56
Fikey Mitz... :) Any truth to the rumours of the blossoming love between yourself and the Love machine???? haha.

Well done bud. Even on Friday and you tryin to kill us in the tower! :)

Thanks Sarhs, and to answer your question, yes, yes there is :D

MANO
28-06-10, 15:09
Thanks Sarhs, and to answer your question, yes, yes there is :D

haha spooning ftw;)

B.Egan
28-06-10, 17:14
Great weekend I have to say! Got burnt alive though lol! Some epic drifting, especially from the 86 boys Healy, Garry and Sinnott. Some really big crashes, especially Baggsys one, but glad to hear he was ok, and I know it sounds bad but being honest a few crashes here and there (provided everyones ok) makes the whole event alot more exciting!

Congrats to Dave on the commentry. Was very daunting for him to step up on saturday having never commentated on anything before, and not really knowing anybody else up in the PD booth, aswell as having nobody else to bounce off (like having Gibbons on sunday for example). But he gradually got more into it and by the end of sat and then sunday I think he was flying. Ppl on here are always slating Gibbons, but I personally think that the way it worked sunday was great. Gibbons is good at the interviews and getting the crowd going, basically the non technical stuff and then Dave can do the play by play stuff. I thought it all flowed pretty naturally, and I'd completely disagree with the "Judges hold up scorecards" comment also. I find what they say very interesting, and Dave is not a judge so impossible really for him to then explain why somebody got a 4 if a run looked ok etc.

Overall I thought the judging seemed pretty spot on. Personally though I thought Brady should have been in the final. Think he just edged the first battle, and that there was no need for a one more time. But it was tight.

MANO
28-06-10, 17:32
fully agree i like the way dave and john gibbons worked together thought it made it all the more interesting

James Deane RX7
28-06-10, 17:32
Great event, Great atmosphere and Great result! Fair play to all the drivers over the weekend...Standard is really getting high in Ireland.. Well done to Donal Garry for getting his car back on track for top 16 and giving me a serious run for my money! Had the car set up pretty hard with High tire pressures. Didnt think he was going to be as fast as he was, he is deffo 1 to watch in Mondello!

Dennis Healy was a man on a mission, really impressive, all the DI lads were on it too. Loving the wall rubbing! :D

And also Great night friday and saturday nights! Got about 5 hours sleep between the 2 nights! Awsome weekend!

Thanks for the support too lads

Cefiro Panch
28-06-10, 17:52
Thought it was a good weekend and some of the entries were unreal, Donal in the cam, was going for mad entries in practice on saturday and nailed them, unlucky on sunday!!

As for amateurs, that Conor fella in the quite standard looking Red 180 was a beast, whiskers from the barrier bout 7 times on saturday!!

Only thing annoyed me was that fucking DJ on sunday, shite music pumping, what a tool playin 10yr old music, annoying cock!!

Good to meet few of you's, savage weekend!!

Scamper
28-06-10, 18:11
Only thing annoyed me was that fucking DJ on sunday, shite music pumping, what a tool playin 10yr old music, annoying cock!!

!

Totally fucking agree, i was dying of a hangover and jus wanted to deck him (no pun intended) , the shit he was pumping out...

Frankae86
28-06-10, 18:19
As everyone else has mentioned PD did a great job organising the event
It ran nothing short of perfect, well done.

I want to thank anyone that helped me fix the car friday, mainly Derk, bart andy and Tommy (without ye that would have been the end of my weekend)
First practice lap got it all wrong and bent a heap of stuff
Bent the subframe, broke drive, bent the hub, broke shock etc...
After the bang i lost all confidence and drove like crap all weekend bar maybe 2 or 3 laps that came together.

Qualified 22nd, made top 16 and lost to Barry who i was happy to loose to because he was on fire and i was happy with the runs.

Dennis is everyones hero i think :D
Dano's 92 point qualifying run was simply AWESOME!!
Nick Quealy will be in pro Mondello no doubt, well done ted

Chuck_g
28-06-10, 18:27
Im actually ill i didnt go...............proper ill, watching the youtube vids................ill

B.Egan
28-06-10, 18:27

Totally agree, but also more impotantly how is he allowed to sell cds there? I hugely doubt hes paying royalties or whatever to the artists he has on his cds. If knackers were selling pirate DVDs at some event they'd be moved on, so really (although I presume hes paying for his spot?) he should be too imo.

Chuck_g
28-06-10, 18:28
Totally agree, but also more impotantly how is he allowed to sell cds there? I hugely doubt hes paying royalties or whatever to the artists he has on his cds. If knackers were selling pirate DVDs at some event they'd be moved on, so really (although I presume hes paying for his spot?) he should be too imo.

Ya talking bout Danny Dee??

Mick K
28-06-10, 18:30
This could be a big one so forgive me if I go on too much...

Huuugggeeee Congrats to Prodrift on taking on board our Ideas for a better event.
So many new things worked this weekend.

Commentary
Dave Egan Who I nominated for commentary rocked the mic with his knowledge and general banter over the mic!Very easy on the ear and knows his shit!!!
Was delighted to hear he's now a permanent fixture in Prodrift events and He's agreed to sharing his earnings with me should he become famous:p

Track and Venue
Having arrived @12pm on Friday,Spoke to a few drivers and many seemed unhappy with the flow of the track due to a hump on entry,Had a look for myself and to say it looked scary from where I was I can only imagine the change of nappys needed on the day and credit goes to all the drivers who braved it!After an adjustment to the track it absolutely rocked for the rest of the weekend,We need this kind of technical track from now on,The teardrop as had its day and with this new track it allows for less of a gap to be pulled between High powered "James Deanes" and Lesser powered "Donal Hero Garrys" on exit of the track which makes for better viewing!

Venue-Excellent,Couldnt have asked for better,Never seen such a coming together of drivers and fans with the Event and accommodation all being within the ground of each other,Some Job in the bar on the Saturday night with 99% of entrants there!Made for a great vibe,More of that craic if possible PLEASE!
Only thing about holding an event in Dublin is it attracts every scumbag in the place,Every security guy in the place had his head wrecked I'd imagine,More often than not I seen the security guy on the driveway to the hotel in the hedge pulling little scrotes out of the hedge for not paying in!Not PD's fault by any means.

Only one issue I'd have with the venue was the haul from pits to viewing,What a pain in the hole,In saying that I dunno how you'd get around it but its worth looking at should we be allowed back to CW!

Big up the the 86' Drivers,
Damien,Squirrel,Donal and Alan,All WRECKING it literally,
Squirrel you have issues pal,No fear,Mad angles and HUGE balls,WIN!

Alan was like a man possessed yesterday,Drove with anger and aggression.

Donal,Biggest credit of the weekend must go to him,The car having had a MASSIVE shunt with the barrier even I knowing him and his crew had my doubts of seeing him back out to face James in top 16,Turns out I was wrong(Not very often;) ) Jules,Philly and the boys put it straight Mechanically at least,I think it was the band aid the sorted it:p
My god did he put it up to James in their battle,Only for he spun on his second run of the OMT I think he might have been a contender!Well Done Sir!

Damien gave his a right good scelping off the wall too,If its not cracked your not trying Mr Shortt!!!

Other Drivers to Impress were
Paul "Polo" Cheshire,Thought he gave Nigel some run for his money,Some driver with Ballsy entrys,Thought that was the only harsh judging of the weekend for me although I didnt have a great viewing position from the pits so Im open to correction.
As said above Alan was unreal aggressive yesterday,Total new style to what we're used to seeing,I say keep it going Al.Suits Ye!
Shane Sullivan drove great all weekend,Car is awesome.
Jamie Russel,Wez,Daniel Moorhead,Mike Fitz,Chris Brady all on the money,Chris Brady is one aggressive fooker to drift as is his Northern colleagues,Not easy run with those guys.
Francis O'Shea will also be one to watch with the car set up so well now.
Danni Murphy,Never ever seen her drive as well,New woman!

Forgive me but Danny Eyles is a fucking asshole poncy prick,If your going to Drive your car to Mass on the practice run at least let the other driver go first,Of all people to hold up,Dean Kearney would have driven through your door had he of been in his own car and rightly so.
Shane Lynch didnt live up to expectations,Maybe its he's still getting to grips with the V8,But,WHAT A CAR AND NOISE!
As the same with Christys car,Gorgeous on the eye and like classical music on the ears.

James Deane,Pretty standard trim out of him,Gifted from birth I'd say.
Never seen somebody chase like him,Up to your door,Off,To your door,Off,How the hell can you match that on your chase run.

All in all after friday I was very skeptical Friday evening if PD were gonna pull it off and they did BIG STYLE!!

Time table-WIN
Radio Station giving scores,Bigger WIN
BBQ there on Sunday,FAIL.I was dying and running on 2hrs sleep.Would have loved it.

9/10 dropping a score for the Flight distance between Pits and Viewing area!

I'd do a report on Saturday night But Mike Fitz has me warned:p:o

Mick K
28-06-10, 18:33
Also,Was a shame about all the carnage and damage,I really felt for Bart,I couldnt even face him after it happened,Felt genuinely sick in my stomach for him,Franko,Dedication man,Well done!
Dan32,Man,I nearly cried!
That Dirty32 that JH and Martin worked on,car is SICK,My god that car and young fella can pull angles!

Big congrats to our Own BarryL on another win,Looking at the title I'd imagine!!!

kev86
28-06-10, 18:33
I had a fucking great weekend, I enjoyed the three full days helping team banzai,

well done to jay up in pro and thanks for the mega entries healy:D

roll on next round , If its run as well as this one it'll be mega:cool:

sil80drifter
28-06-10, 18:36

Huuugggeeee Congrats to Prodrift on taking on board our Ideas for a better event.

Commentary
Dave Egan Who I nominated for commentary rocked the mic with his knowledge and general banter over the mic!Very easy on the ear and knows his shit!!!
Was delighted to hear he's now a permanent fixture in Prodrift events and He's agreed to sharing his earnings with me should he become famous:p

Track and Venue
Having arrived @12pm on Friday,Spoke to a few drivers and many seemed unhappy with the flow of the track due to a hump on entry,Had a look for myself and to say it looked scary from where I was I can only imagine the change of nappys needed on the day and credit goes to all the drivers who braved it!After an adjustment to the track it absolutely rocked for the rest of the weekend,We need this kind of technical track from now on,The teardrop as had its day and with this new track it allows for less of a gap to be pulled between High powered "James Deanes" and Lesser powered "Donal Hero Garrys" on exit of the track which makes for better viewing!

Venue-Excellent,Couldnt have asked for better,Never seen such a coming together of drivers and fans with the Event and accommodation all being within the ground of each other,Some Job in the bar on the Saturday night with 99% of entrants there!Made for a great vibe,More of that craic if possible PLEASE!
Only thing about holding an event in Dublin is it attracts every scumbag in the place,Every security guy in the place had his head wrecked I'd imagine,More often than not I seen the security guy on the driveway to the hotel in the hedge pulling little scrotes out of the hedge for not paying in!Not PD's fault by any means.

Only one issue I'd have with the venue was the haul from pits to viewing,What a pain in the hole,In saying that I dunno how you'd get around it but its worth looking at should we be allowed back to CW!

Donal,Biggest credit of the weekend must go to him,The car having had a MASSIVE shunt with the barrier even I knowing him and his crew had my doubts of seeing him back out to face James in top 16,Turns out I was wrong(Not very often;) ) Jules,Philly and the boys put it straight Mechanically at least,I think it was the band aid the sorted it:p
My god did he put it up to James in their battle,Only for he spun on his second run of the OMT I think he might have been a contender!Well Done Sir!

Damien gave his a right good scelping off the wall too,If its not cracked your not trying Mr Shortt!!!

Paul "Polo" Cheshire,Thought he gave Nigel some run for his money,Some driver with Ballsy entrys,Thought that was the only harsh judging of the weekend for me although I didnt have a great viewing position from the pits so Im open to correction.
As said above Alan was unreal aggressive yesterday,Total new style to what we're used to seeing,I say keep it going Al.Suits Ye!
Jamie Russel,Wez,Daniel Moorhead,Mike Fitz,Chris Brady all on the money,Chris Brady is one aggressive fooker to drift as is his Northern colleagues,Not easy run with those guys.

Forgive me but Danny Eyles is a fucking asshole poncy prick,If your going to Drive your car to Mass on the practice run at least let the other driver go first,Of all people to hold up,Dean Kearney would have driven through your door had he of been in his own car and rightly so.
Shane Lynch didnt live up to expectations,Maybe its he's still getting to grips with the V8,But,WHAT A CAR AND NOISE!
As the same with Christys car,Gorgeous on the eye and like classical music on the ears.

Never seen somebody chase like him,Up to your door,Off,To your door,Off,How the hell can you match that on your chase run.

All in all after friday I was very skeptical Friday evening if PD were gonna pull it off and they did BIG STYLE!!

Time table-WIN
BBQ there on Sunday,FAIL.I was dying and running on 2hrs sleep.Would have loved it.

100% agree with that

B.Egan
28-06-10, 18:52
Ya talking bout Danny Dee??

Yeh, pretty sure thats his name

Chuck_g
28-06-10, 18:56
Yeh, pretty sure thats his name

Hes shit hott, has anyone ever listened to his mixes?? He may play the old stuff but the new stuff is shit...............and the Cd's he sells are his mixes, nout wrong with selling that! Was chatting to him in Punchestown, sound as a bell n on the button.............

Famous jh
28-06-10, 18:59

Commentary

Track and Venue

Time table-WIN

Have to agree there... He wasn't "cool" enough to avoid a stealth bumming though, either was Shane Lynch :D :D

Famous jh
28-06-10, 19:00
That Dirty32 that JH and Martin worked on,car is SICK,My god that car and young fella can pull angles!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw :cool:

What a great weekend, got his first twin battles too on sat and rocked it... Best is yet to come from both car and driver..

Jay Rockett
28-06-10, 19:26
What an absolute cracker of a weekend!

Firstly, well done Prodrift, the whole weekend you's were running around non stop
and the event ran perfectly! Time-tables were spot-on and you kept
on top of all the drivers to be on the line on time, and there was no confusion!

Secondly, i'd like to say fair play to ALL drivers for proving how the standard here
is increasingly getting higher and higher by not holding back on entries on what was probably the most demanding track we've had in Ireland..?
And to all drivers, one thing i noticed was the sportsmanship between eachother! Iv never came across such a sound bunch of lads in ANY sport ever! Fair play, its a great little community we have going on here!

Personally i had such a great weekend! Friday wasnt great, i was late (as usual) then on my first run i hit the barrier and that but a dent in my confidence for the rest of the afternoon!
Saturday i just cleared my head and drove as hard as i could and was delighted with the win in Amateurs and 4th in Semi-pro's!

I had great battles with Conor Farrelly and a few of the other lads,
and was delighted to progress to Sunday to compete with the Pro's!

Sunday wasnt as good for me as Sat, i just couldnt seem to drive the same but was loving the atmosphere and craic never the less!

Awsome driving from Chris Brady, glad to see ya do so well, dead sound too!
Congrats to Barry Leonard winning the Non-Seeded class and James again on the win in Pro's!

Donal Garry was unreal too, crazy man!
Dennis Healy, another lunatic and great driving!
All the UK drivers, hugely entertaining and impressive, great to see you competing here!

Thanks again to PD for running a great event and all the di guys for the support on saturday, nearly hit the barrier (again!) with your cheering and jumping, haha!

B.Egan
28-06-10, 19:30
Hes shit hott, has anyone ever listened to his mixes?? He may play the old stuff but the new stuff is shit...............and the Cd's he sells are his mixes, nout wrong with selling that! Was chatting to him in Punchestown, sound as a bell n on the button.............

Matter of opinion, but wouldnt personally agree. He had like pop style cds, hip hop ones, and obviously dance. And so taking Tiesto, Alexandra Burke or whatever and mixing it a bit and selling it on for E15 a cd? Wouldnt agree that theres "nout wrong" with it. Pretty sure its illegal, and if not then highly unethical. Regardless of that his feckin music blaring all day wrecked my head! But anyway I suppose its not really the topic of this thread.

Chuck_g
28-06-10, 19:35
Matter of opinion, but wouldnt personally agree. He had like pop style cds, hip hop ones, and obviously dance. And so taking Tiesto, Alexandra Burke or whatever and mixing it a bit and selling it on for E15 a cd? Wouldnt agree that theres "nout wrong" with it. Pretty sure its illegal, and if not then highly unethical. Regardless of that his feckin music blaring all day wrecked my head! But anyway I suppose its not really the topic of this thread.

No bothers, should have said the above was in my opinion............:D

Fairplay on the results Jay, i can see a whole new bag of Pro drivers next year.........;)

Polo
28-06-10, 21:08
Just like to say a masive thanks to every one for having me over and making me feel welocme!

Have to say this event was a HUGE improvement on what i see at Punchestown!!!! Well done on that one!! The comentry, PA system and timetable wer the biggies!

Out of all of the drift events iv ever been to the judging system used in Prodrift is the best and the fairest, id agree with every call! Not sure on the asking the crowd thing thogh, seemed a bit pants.
The judges explaning the lap is defo WIN!!!

If any one has a vid of my super lap please let me see it, the entry was awesome!! I thoght i was going into the wall backwords!!!

This Other Drivers to Impress were

I was very happy with the score, on the run up when i was leading i miss shifted a gear, which cocked up my entry causing me to wash right out wide on the hair pin, letting Nigel got right on my door.
Thanks to Nigel, good sport man.

Sorry mate i did not meet you at the weekend, i think this comment is way out of place!!! Every one gives it there all in practice, James even ran into the back of Danny in practice!! If no one was going balls out in practice there wouldnt have been any crashs;)
Also, if hes such a poncy prick, how comes he had the balls to qually 1st and put in some of the best runs of the hole event!!!
I didnt see you do a lap?????????

EDIT: Just re read your post, notice that its practice run. Practice run is to do with what you wish, i drive mine slowly, its tack tics, playing the game, it happens all over. Sycs the other driver out, makes it fun for the crowd.

EvojeepGal
28-06-10, 21:19
I personally disagree'd with some of the judging. I thought Polo deserved a OMT at least with Colfer, Nigel is brilliant and so consistant, but I thought Polo was just pushing so hard and IMO deserved more. I felt sick for Danny Eyles, he is awesome. Him and James in the final it should have been, and that would have been some battle! .

I think the whole crowd would have loven to see that OMT, everyone was loving that battle, and the crowd didnt seem too impressed when the call was made, although thee was a small error, OMT defo would have been entertaining! :)

Anyone know how Bagsy is?

The drama Queen is brand new again! Was a bit sore still on sun and a bit shook, but was to be expected. THankfully no permanent damage for the pretty boy!

well done to danni ya really do us girls proud :D is there another girl in semi pro ???? if so thats very awesome!!!

and Danni for two of the fastest entries on Saturday, thats all that springs to mind right now but i'm sure i'll think of more.

Yea, have to say I was fairly surprised, impressed & delighted with that!! Then to have it not beaten by the Pro's on sunday! Dean Kearney matched me though, which at the end of yest put a bigger smile on my face :D

Why thank u Mick, 2 compliments from u in a short space of time!! :rolleyes::p
Shane unfortunately snapped a hub on his 2nd qualifying, was looking forward to him bettering his 1st run, in fairness he can drive that yoke and if the track was faster u woulda heard that monster loose SAVAGE!!!!!

Overall, WHAT A WEEKEND! Absolutely brilliant. Was scetchy on the friday and wasnt havin the 1st corner at all, only in my last 2 runs on fri i entered in 3rd shittin it!
Must have woke up on a mission sat cause it was 3rd all the way, and was loving it.
Couldn't believe i was among the highest entry speeds over the weekend :eek::D
Only my 2nd proper day out in the car since getting it all sorted and going proper, so heres a fingers crossed for the rest of the season, after gaining so much confidence and having a lot of fun in the process.

Donal Garry again, I have to say, was raging u spun, savage battle with James ;)

Derk
28-06-10, 22:02
As everyone else has mentioned PD did a great job organising the event
It ran nothing short of perfect, well done.

I want to thank anyone that helped me fix the car friday, mainly Derk, bart andy and Tommy (without ye that would have been the end of my weekend)
First practice lap got it all wrong and bent a heap of stuff
Bent the subframe, broke drive, bent the hub, broke shock etc...
After the bang i lost all confidence and drove like crap all weekend

No probs lad, Thats what i like most bout this driftin craic, when things go wrong the majority of lads will bend over backwards to help eachother out..

Oh and you didnt drive as bad as you make out Frank ;)

yowdy
28-06-10, 22:08
just a few things i noticed over the weeknd whitch i tnk makes prodift what it is,,
1, no matter who you were parked beside they were up 4a chat and a laugh
2.as soon as a driver had a problem there was any amount of help to get him back going,
3. american style qualifying was class knowing where you stood for your second lap,,
4. the level of tallent,
5.standord of cars,
and finaly the english lads in my eyes brought somthing different to the mix,, polo's car and looks sounds savage,, dannys 15 is gorgose ans shanes s15 sounds like nothing ive ever heard b4,, i tnk this is the best pd event ive bn at,,

Stevo
28-06-10, 22:09

His mixes of shit tackey happy hard core from 10-15 years ago, i love old skool dance tunes but fuck me pink cotten eye bastard joe in 2010 might be big in the barns down your way chuck :eek::eek:

EvojeepGal
28-06-10, 22:20
just a few things i noticed over the weeknd whitch i tnk makes prodift what it is,,
1, no matter who you were parked beside they were up 4a chat and a laugh
2.as soon as a driver had a problem there was any amount of help to get him back going,
3. american style qualifying was class knowing where you stood for your second lap,,
4. the level of tallent,
5.standord of cars,
and finaly the english lads in my eyes brought somthing different to the mix,, polo's car and looks sounds savage,, dannys 15 is gorgose ans shanes s15 sounds like nothing ive ever heard b4,, i tnk this is the best pd event ive bn at,,

Couldn't agree more, everyone was chatty, friendly and had the craic while watching the track from the pits, great weekend & athmosphere, looks like PD have to stay on par of Citywest now for future events :D:p

Only on here, could a DJ playin cheesy shit get brought up in a chat about the weekends DRIFTING.....!!! Does it really matter?! lol

yowdy
28-06-10, 22:26
[QUOTE=Frankae86;130492]

just looky we wee so close and had all the bits to get ya goin,, the boys doen a great job getn u out

Mick K
28-06-10, 22:31
Sorry mate i did not meet you at the weekend, i think this comment is way out of place!!! Every one gives it there all in practice, James even ran into the back of Danny in practice!! If no one was going balls out in practice there wouldnt have been any crashs;)
Also, if hes such a poncy prick, how comes he had the balls to qually 1st and put in some of the best runs of the hole event!!!
I didnt see you do a lap?????????

EDIT: Just re read your post, notice that its practice run. Practice run is to do with what you wish, i drive mine slowly, its tack tics, playing the game, it happens all over. Sycs the other driver out, makes it fun for the crowd.
I observed you drove your practice slowly and credit you for driving behind Nigel,I dont however see why Danny held off Dean from laying down rubber.
You didnt see me do a lap? No I didnt,But I paid to see you and everyone else do theirs and will comment should I see fit you dumbass!

Why thank u Mick, 2 compliments from u in a short space of time!! :rolleyes::p

Credit where its due Danni,Never ever seen you drive as well as you did,Obviously the new car is clicking with you!

Cefiro Panch
28-06-10, 22:40
Only on here, could a DJ playin cheesy shit get brought up in a chat about the weekends DRIFTING.....!!! Does it really matter?! lol

U dont understand, It was blaring over the comentary and you had to walk by it constantly as it was right at the entrance to the track!!!

Its just annoying as a spectator tbh!!

Greg
28-06-10, 23:05
It did fuck up the announcement of who won because nobody over by the fence at the bbq side could hear anything because he was blaring out the cheese. The volume did get turned down for a second by somebody but then your man jacked it up again.

MANO
28-06-10, 23:15
have too agree with the Danny Eyles comment the guy is so far up his own hole hes a good driver but goes on like hes the best driver out there which obviously hes not:rolleyes:

DaveZigen
28-06-10, 23:48
Well some of you guys on here know me and some I havent met yet, but I was doing the commentary for the two days at CityWest. Was absolutely wrecked on Sunday, and no voice left, but I loved every minute of it. I really appreciate some of the comments you guys left and was really worried before the weekend as I'd never commentated on anything (bar a few games of Forza:D) before. All I want to do is throw out a few thank yous....

Thanks to Mick K for putting my name forward.
Thanks to Graham McNamara for giving me a chance.
Thanks to ALL the Prodrift staff (Judges,Marshalls,Organisers etc.) for being so helpful, friendly and supportive.
Thanks to all you guys who cheered and roared and helped build the atmosphere.
And most of all thanks to the drivers who were so commited, talented and able to tackle what was the most difficult and technical track I've ever seen in Ireland. So much action I never ran out of things to say.

At the end of the day I'm not just hired help, I'm a huge fan and the best part of the weekend for me was that I got the best seat in the house to watch some of the best drifting I've ever seen in this country.

I think if all (drivers, supporters, sponsors, organisers etc.) pull together like they did at Citywest, world drifting will start looking at us, rather than the other way round.

Of course any criticisms, suggestions etc. of how I could go about things differently for the next time would be a great help! I'll try and improve whatever I can by Japfest.

And I'm hoping I will get to meet more of the drivers face to face at the next event so I have more info on their thoughts and I can relay this back to the crowd.

Sorry for the rant:o But as a fan my weekend couldnt have been any better.

Mick K
28-06-10, 23:51
Dave,Just go out and do exactly as you did at the weekend,No changes mate!
Served me proud!

okachan
29-06-10, 00:08
try and put this evenly betwwen pros and non ,
but the non seeded pros arent gettin credit were its due , some grass route drifting the weekend!!

Mick K
29-06-10, 00:32
Also to note,Papa Deane,The mans a legend,I'd listen to him all day,Funniest man in PD!

Prodrifter86
29-06-10, 00:54
Also to note,Papa Deane,The mans a legend,I'd listen to him all day,Funniest man in PD!

very ture mick! same with mammy deane! two legends in irish motorsport!:)

and i have to say ! danni murphy was going rather well on sunday! i only seen her drift once on a video but she was giving it welly on sunday!
so fairplay on that!!!!!!!!!!11

James Deane RX7
29-06-10, 00:54

hahaha! :D

D.Garry
29-06-10, 01:23
What a great weekend , massive thanks to PD for such an amazing event
some craic out there ,

thanks to all who helped piece the bits of corolla we could find back together ,phil,jules ,kev sarah, brian what an effort
between sinnot, healy, short and myself the corolla's got some trashin !!

By the looks of non-seeded there could be a top 32 in pro next year ye were flying ,chris, jay ,barry shit hot

sick i spun it ,school boy error :mad:
cheers for the support ,

wezwkd
29-06-10, 01:42
I could comment on almost every previous post on here but my thread would be too long.

Its a pleasure to be involved in such a fantastic motorsport. It had its ups & downs but this last weekend just lifted the barrier above & beyond what PD themselves has ever produced in all the years of its existence.

Crowd turnout didnt seem to be its usual self but after a few shit rounds that was bound to happen.

Bottom dollar is PD is alive & kicking & its up to us the die hard fans to spread the word for round 4.

Lets make this work guys.

Wez

dR Dan
29-06-10, 01:52
Ok... Where do i start?????

1stly HUGE tanx to every1!

Drivers, Pd staff and hotel staff.... And of course the FANS!!!!!

Realli realli nice to see every1 HAPPY! Ye wouldnt believ the work done behind the scenes by Graham and co to get this right!!!

The commitment by every single driver was simply AMAZING!!!
Wouldnt no where to start on who was my favourite... Also to all who wrecked i hope ye get yer cars sorted as soon as cas ye realli added to a greAt event!!!!

Personaly loved my promotion even if i missed the craic at the startline...

Dave you were AWESOME dude.. Lookin forward to sittin next to you at the remainin events!

As for the craic at nite... Lol meeting the famous Mick Kenny Saturday nite and agreein to get into a taxi he organised was unexpected but a good laff with the Knocknagree crew

EPIC, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat is all!

Mick K
29-06-10, 01:54
Ok... Where do i start?????

1stly HUGE tanx to every1!

Drivers, Pd staff and hotel staff.... And of course the FANS!!!!!

Realli realli nice to see every1 HAPPY! Ye wouldnt believ the work done behind the scenes by Graham and co to get this right!!!

The commitment by every single driver was simply AMAZING!!!
Wouldnt no where to start on who was my favourite... Also to all who wrecked i hope ye get yer cars sorted as soon as cas ye realli added to a greAt event!!!!

Personaly loved my promotion even if i missed the craic at the startline...

Dave you were AWESOME dude.. Lookin forward to sittin next to you at the remainin events!

As for the craic at nite... Lol meeting the famous Mick Kenny Saturday nite and agreein to get into a taxi he organised was unexpected but a good laff with the Knocknagree crew

EPIC, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat is all!

Apparently Ive been warned not to speak of the "said" craic:o!

dR Dan
29-06-10, 01:58
Apparently Ive been warned not to speak of the "said" craic:o!

Sums it up without words :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs115.snc4/36130_10150233329820002_617270001_13148843_5105358 _n.jpg

Mick K
29-06-10, 01:59
PMFSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spat my tea on my phone laughing!

What a fooking night!

Famous jh
29-06-10, 02:06
:D:D:D Mike Fitz is a feckin legend...that pic sums him up nicely!!

Mick K
29-06-10, 02:08
:D:D:D Mike Fitz is a feckin legend...that pic sums him up nicely!!

Oh man you've know idea of shit that went down Sat night:D
Wild night!

Famous jh
29-06-10, 02:12
Oh i can only imagine!

And ive still to meet the famous mick k :eek:

jaycono
29-06-10, 07:52
savage event...

donal garrey some driver man your entrys were amazing... some great drivin and a great weekend all around.. even if i was stuck workin on sat

Mick K
29-06-10, 10:45
Oh i can only imagine!

And ive still to meet the famous mick k :eek:

I am actually a real person:eek:
I was like 5 feet away from ye in the hotel on sat night:rolleyes:

@PRODRIFT
Before Mondello comes around you will need another grandstand to get people off the ground!!! Ive gotten a quote for pig iron and they arent expensive!!
And none of the 5euro bullshite once in the gate to sit in it!
Bear in mind its Japfest,Gate reciepts will be huge so give something back to the fans for a change! I know your hands were tied in CW with regard to grandstand so Im letting that one go,But going forward when you have small spectating space like CW you need to get fans off the ground!

Administrator
29-06-10, 10:52
Holy 7000 views batman!

1-JAY-Z
29-06-10, 10:53
@PRODRIFT
Before Mondello comes around you will need another grandstand to get people off the ground!!! Ive gotten a quote for pig iron and they arent expensive!!
And none of the 5euro bullshite once in the gate to sit in it!
Bear in mind its Japfest,Gate reciepts will be huge so give something back to the fans for a change! I know your hands were tied in CW with regard to grandstand so Im letting that one go,But going forward when you have small spectating space like CW you need to get fans off the ground!
Couldnt agree more, between been musceled out of the crowd and little 14-15 year old shits walking in between ya to get up to the front I couldnt see a thing hardly, I was in the pits for the first half of the day but couldnt see anything in there either. I needed a drink too so had to come back over to the middle but ended up standing on top of a blue bin for most of it until told to get down.

Also Mick I see you say "@PRODRIFT"

Why are they lurking reading everything, I know Dan probably relays a lot of the messages but is there anyone on this site directly involved with organising Prodrift?

Famous jh
29-06-10, 11:02
I am actually a real person:eek:
I was like 5 feet away from ye in the hotel on sat night:rolleyes:

Pics or it didnt happen :p

You should have come over.....!

Mick K
29-06-10, 11:03
Also Mick I see you say "@PRODRIFT"

Why are they lurking reading everything, I know Dan probably relays a lot of the messages but is there anyone on this site directly involved with organising Prodrift?

Judges,Staff,Owners etc all read here Jay!
No harm I say as obviously they took our views on board and nailed Citywest!
My Mrs is Knee high to a grass hopper and I had to bring her to the pits to watch as due to being so short she couldnt get near the fence!
Pits was a good distance for viewing but managed all the same!

Mick K
29-06-10, 11:05
Pics or it didnt happen :p

You should have come over.....!

Ah ye were having the banter and I was mad to get out of there so I kept to myself!

1-JAY-Z
29-06-10, 11:07
Judges,Staff,Owners etc all read here Jay!
No harm I say as obviously they took our views on board and nailed Citywest!

When I say why are they lurking reading I also mean if there here lurking why dont they register fully and and look for feedback etc communicate with us.

1-JAY-Z
29-06-10, 11:13
Added ya there on FB Kenny

Driftma
29-06-10, 11:37
Ah ye were having the banter and I was mad to get out of there so I kept to myself!

Shane Lynch stealth bumming ftw

Stevo
29-06-10, 11:42
My Mrs is Knee high to a grass hopper and I had to bring her to the pits to watch as due to being so short she couldnt get near the fence!
Pits was a good distance for viewing but managed all the same!

Poor maddie still has alot of growing up to do, give her time :p:p:p

EvojeepGal
29-06-10, 12:21
have too agree with the Danny Eyles comment the guy is so far up his own hole hes a good driver but goes on like hes the best driver out there which obviously hes not:rolleyes:

Im not wanting to get a bitchfest started, but personally speaking, Danny Eyles is by far stuck up his own hole! The lad can drive & continues to improve everytime I see him on track, & fair play to him!
Did any of you actually talk to him or have a conversation to make this asumption of him?
I just think its unfair as its by far a true statement....
I didnt see what happened in his practise, but didnt he blow his gearbox on the following lap? Which maybe suggested he had noticed something not right? That or he was playing tactics with Dean... There was/is definately nothin sinister about Danny's character I have to say.

Credit where its due Danni,Never ever seen you drive as well as you did,Obviously the new car is clicking with you!

Spent the first half of the year tryin to figure its problems, Citywest was only my 2nd time out in it going proper, finally back to enjoying the sport and having fun, instead of wanting to burn it!!:o
Just cant believe i was stop of entry speeds tbh, only one matched me on sunday was Dean K. Apart from Healy obviously who did a 103/107kph at one point on sat in practise.
Room for improvement at the next one :D

and i have to say ! danni murphy was going rather well on sunday! i only seen her drift once on a video but she was giving it welly on sunday!
so fairplay on that!!!!!!!!!!11

Crowd turnout didnt seem to be its usual self but after a few shit rounds that was bound to happen.

I forgot actually, after reading this last post... I did have one issue with the event.
Who was marketing it?? There was NOTHING around the area to publicise the event at all, apart from the one poster on the N7 at the turn off for Citywest, and even that wasnt that noticable...

Also noticed ads on radio, but there was so many people in the local area who hadn't a clue what was going on and i believe there was a lot of the crowd lost due to this.
The venue was 110% and surely would/should have attracted a full house, i just believe from what i seen around the area, there was no advertising to promote the event.

Even smaller posters up around the shops in Saggart & the adjoining villages, garages etc. Was shocked to not see anything, especially around Saggart Village!
And also I believe the sign on the N7 only went up a few days before the event??? Should this not have been up a few weeks ago?:confused:

Prodrifter86
29-06-10, 12:27
[QUOTE=EvojeepGal;130897]Im not wanting to get a bitchfest started, but personally speaking, Danny Eyles is by far stuck up his own hole! The lad can drive & continues to improve everytime I see him on track, & fair play to him!
Did any of you actually talk to him or have a conversation to make this asumption of him?
I just think its unfair as its by far a true statement....
I didnt see what happened in his practise, but didnt he blow his gearbox on the following lap? Which maybe suggested he had noticed something not right? That or he was playing tactics with Dean... There was/is definately nothin sinister about Danny's character I have to say.

when i was at the auto graph siging! and talkin away to dan moorhead, went to danny eyles and he was grand! he said hello, how ya gettin on etc.....
i thought he was grand out

danmoorhead
29-06-10, 12:49
on the danny eyles note!! ive never had any hassels talkin ta danny ever!!! always have a gud oul chat and a slag!!! i no he looks like someting out of a cheesey boy bad but hes a top driver and a sound chat 4m my point of view anyway!!! but each to der own!!!

EvojeepGal
29-06-10, 13:37
If anything, apart from Alan Sinnot (:p) He's a shy and quiet lad who keeps himself to himself. He'll always have a smile & a hello in the pits and willing to chat about anything if approached and asked!

Even when he was leading the Super Lap we were all laughing at him in the pits as he's got 1 or 2 worded answers cause he's shy and a big wuss lol

dR Dan
29-06-10, 15:12
Oh on a slightly disappointing note.. All drivers were told to take away their tyres after the event but around 15 tyres were gathered after.. Not on really considerin all Pd done to make it a good weekend.. Not a big ask eithr to throw a few tyres into the car!!!

Famous jh
29-06-10, 15:15
Oh on a slightly disappointing note.. All drivers were told to take away their tyres after the event but around 15 tyres were gathered after.. Not on really considerin all Pd done to make it a good weekend.. Not a big ask eithr to throw a few tyres into the car!!!

You just reminded me to give out about this actually...

There was alot of tyres left around the place and we ended up bring home someone elses Nexens :mad: Cos the were just left fucked there

Chuck_g
29-06-10, 15:21
Can i ask something??

If anyone knows...........how many of the reserves actually got a drive the weekend??

gem-s13
29-06-10, 15:25
ye thats not on realy everyone had room to bring the tyres with them so why not bring them home after!!! its not like graham didnt say it to all the drivers in breifing and he also said if it kept hapining he would stop suplying a tyre changing service so cop on lads!!!

damo86
29-06-10, 15:26
@ chucky ..i know paul stryker got in last min, but dunno after that

dR Dan
29-06-10, 15:28
I no ye'r not all doing it lads but just keep an eye out... If ye see someone do it report it to a marshall otherwise ye will loose ye'r tyre machine and that fcuks everyone... 30+ tyres at punch at a fiver a tyre to dispose is a joke... Improvement at City West but still not good enough really!

Anyways dont wanna ruin a good thread and weekend with negativity!!!

Still cant get over how good it was and LOVING me new job :D

Bubba
29-06-10, 15:31
@ chucky ..i know paul stryker got in last min, but dunno after that

That just reminded me of two of the coolest names i've ever heard, that and Larry Love :D

sarhsPD
29-06-10, 15:39
Can i ask something??

If anyone knows...........how many of the reserves actually got a drive the weekend??

Sean Sinnott
Andrew Kenna
Neil Donnellan
Paul Stryker

We got 4 out of a possible 8 reserves in after Friday practice and some saturday morning no-shows.

Mick K
29-06-10, 16:30
I didnt say Danny Eyles was ignorant for reasons of not being a nice guy,I said what I said for him just taking the lead lap in practice and driving the track like he was on the way home from Mass!
Im sure hes lovely,After all,He is from the UK

yowdy
29-06-10, 16:32
as sarah said lads i went up as a no 2 reserve having payed the day entrys opned and gramh and sarah came and asked me wolud i like to compete as there was a cancelation,,

Mick K
29-06-10, 16:35
I no ye'r not all doing it lads but just keep an eye out... If ye see someone do it report it to a marshall otherwise ye will loose ye'r tyre machine and that fcuks everyone... 30+ tyres at punch at a fiver a tyre to dispose is a joke... Improvement at City West but still not good enough really!

Anyways dont wanna ruin a good thread and weekend with negativity!!!

Still cant get over how good it was and LOVING me new job :D

Good Job on keeping to time Dan,

And lads just pick up the tyres,Its hard enough get them changed without losing lakeland!

Mick K
29-06-10, 16:44
Added ya there on FB Kenny

:eek:
John your aul boy?

Muttly
29-06-10, 17:29
I've neveer really spoken to Danny in person but from what I've heard he's a sound guy As for him driving his lap. Thats his decision. Also its not his decision to drive in front, he had to as he was the lead car.

Alan Linehan has done it loads of times and no one has ever said anything about it. Its his warm up he can do what he bloody likes.

If Dean had a problem with it, his car has this amazing invention called brakes. You stop for a few seconds to give a gap then drive forward. Its not really that hard.

As for Polo in the same situation he was the follow car. It was nothing about him being nice and allowing Colfer to go first.

1-JAY-Z
29-06-10, 17:38
:eek:
John your aul boy?

??????????????????

Mick K
29-06-10, 17:38
His decision,Not very sporting!

Mick K
29-06-10, 17:39
??????????????????

I wont say your last name on here but is he?

1-JAY-Z
29-06-10, 17:44
I wont say your last name on here but is he?

Oh yea sorry get ya now, How you know that, Take it to pm's if ya like.

Muttly
29-06-10, 17:51
His decision,Not very sporting!Why? He didn't force Dean to stick to his bumper while he drove around the lap.

James Deane RX7
29-06-10, 18:47
You just reminded me to give out about this actually...

There was alot of tyres left around the place and we ended up bring home someone elses Nexens :mad: Cos the were just left fucked there

Very interesting, We took all our second hand tires home with us, we were parked by the lakeland tyre truck all weekend and our van was right behind the truck, all the tires me and mike used we took home as always...Its 1 simple thing that everyone should be able to do at this stage.

Famous jh
29-06-10, 18:54
Very interesting, We took all our second hand tires home with us, we were parked by the lakeland tyre truck all weekend and our van was right behind the truck, all the tires me and mike used we took home as always...Its 1 simple thing that everyone should be able to do at this stage.

Never said twas yourself lad...

They were left across from where we were parked at some stage on friday (pretty much across from polo and danni) then we had to move into the space they were left in on sat and said we better bring em home with us sunday...

yowdy
29-06-10, 19:11
its fucking cat to say lads cant be arsed to bring home there poxy used tyres:mad:

carpo
29-06-10, 19:50
Never said twas yourself lad...

They were left across from where we were parked at some stage on friday (pretty much across from polo and danni) then we had to move into the space they were left in on sat and said we better bring em home with us sunday...

they are'nt mine ither dude..i took up 16 and took home 16...i cant understand lads leaving tyres behind..if you have space to bring them
they have space to bring them home..

Derk
29-06-10, 20:03
its fucking cat to say lads cant be arsed to bring home there poxy used tyres:mad:

Annoys me too, its the same for me at Mondello, lads try to feck off and leave them around me van and if i dont notice till the end i end up comin home with more tyres than i arrived with :mad:

chrisbrady325
29-06-10, 20:14
Took all mine home also plenty of thread left on them for a bita craic at a track day :)

Famous jh
29-06-10, 20:16
they are'nt mine ither dude..i took up 16 and took home 16...i cant understand lads leaving tyres behind..if you have space to bring them
they have space to bring them home..

Like i said i havent mentioned any names cos surely theres more than the 2 of ye usin em... Just a bit of a loada cock they way they were left there

B.Egan
29-06-10, 20:23
Took all mine home also plenty of thread left on them for a bita craic at a track day :)

Ha you must have brought a truckload to have anything left after something like 107 runs over the weekend lol!!! :D

danmoorhead
29-06-10, 21:28

as did i all the ones i had still had tons of thread left so wasen't lettin them go!!!!

Polo
29-06-10, 22:12
My self and Danni had no tyres changed over the weekend, only tyres we had off rims wer good ones and we aint leaving them behind;)

sully08
29-06-10, 22:16
Sorry lads i left 2 {and only 2}nexens 255/35/18 behind just looked in shanes truck there and they are not in it , there was a bit left on them to , always bring my seconds home for a bit of fun and the lads have enough to do, i will cover the recycling fee ,Would hate too spoil a great weekend

Frankae86
29-06-10, 22:22
Sorry lads i left 2 {and only 2}nexens 255/35/18 behind just looked in shanes truck there and they are not in it , there was a bit left on them to , always bring my seconds home for a bit of fun and the lads have enough to do, i will cover the recycling fee ,Would hate too spoil a great weekend

No wonder JH carried them with him :rolleyes:

Muttly
29-06-10, 22:23
Sorry lads i left 2 {and only 2}nexens 255/35/18 behind just looked in shanes truck there and they are not in it , there was a bit left on them to , always bring my seconds home for a bit of fun and the lads have enough to do, i will cover the recycling fee ,Would hate too spoil a great weekendFair fucks for owning up and saying you'll cover the costs. Mucho respect!

gem-s13
29-06-10, 22:39
just came to mind ware was JP Mac???? missed the screaming m3

Muttly
29-06-10, 22:41
just came to mind ware was JP Mac???? missed the screaming m3He was getting married.

sully08
29-06-10, 22:42
Thanks , infairness i forgot them , but there is many that didnt ,

Frankae86
29-06-10, 22:44
Getting married Gem

Famous jh
29-06-10, 22:45
No wonder JH carried them with him :rolleyes:

ha fuck you frank :p Nicky has them well burnts by now id say.. In a fire.

dR Dan
29-06-10, 22:46
Fair play Shane... Nice to see someone owning up and once it wasnt ment its all good!

Quealy
29-06-10, 22:47
ha fuck you frank :p Nicky has them well burnts by now id say.. In a fire.

FACT! The environmentally friendly "incinerator" has them well taken care of!

Famous jh
29-06-10, 22:50
FACT! The environmentally friendly "incinerator" has them well taken care of!

I lol'd :D

chrisbrady325
30-06-10, 08:34
Ha you must have brought a truckload to have anything left after something like 107 runs over the weekend lol!!! :D

ha i only took 12 or so.. it wasnt hard on tyres.. i've went to other tracks and used 10 ina day and i mean used them fully till thread was flapping:p mite use the 2nd hands for mondello drift days maybe :)

MikeFitz
30-06-10, 11:50
Have to agree there... He wasn't "cool" enough to avoid a stealth bumming though, either was Shane Lynch :D :D

I would never claim to try and avoid that by the doc :D:D:D

grimix180
30-06-10, 12:00
Shane Lynch stealth bumming ftw

pics or it never happened

MikeFitz
30-06-10, 12:21
Well some of you guys on here know me and some I havent met yet, but I was doing the commentary for the two days at CityWest. Was absolutely wrecked on Sunday, and no voice left, but I loved every minute of it. I really appreciate some of the comments you guys left and was really worried before the weekend as I'd never commentated on anything (bar a few games of Forza:D) before. All I want to do is throw out a few thank yous....

Thanks to Mick K for putting my name forward.
Thanks to Graham McNamara for giving me a chance.
Thanks to ALL the Prodrift staff (Judges,Marshalls,Organisers etc.) for being so helpful, friendly and supportive.
Thanks to all you guys who cheered and roared and helped build the atmosphere.
And most of all thanks to the drivers who were so commited, talented and able to tackle what was the most difficult and technical track I've ever seen in Ireland. So much action I never ran out of things to say.

At the end of the day I'm not just hired help, I'm a huge fan and the best part of the weekend for me was that I got the best seat in the house to watch some of the best drifting I've ever seen in this country.

I think if all (drivers, supporters, sponsors, organisers etc.) pull together like they did at Citywest, world drifting will start looking at us, rather than the other way round.

Of course any criticisms, suggestions etc. of how I could go about things differently for the next time would be a great help! I'll try and improve whatever I can by Japfest.

And I'm hoping I will get to meet more of the drivers face to face at the next event so I have more info on their thoughts and I can relay this back to the crowd.

Sorry for the rant:o But as a fan my weekend couldnt have been any better.

Dude, from what I could hear from where I was, you were savage, fair play

MikeFitz
30-06-10, 12:24

If anyone gets chatting to him in the bar at a round later in the year or whenever, get him to tell a few yarns, and prepare to laugh! Legend! :D

MikeFitz
30-06-10, 12:27
Sums it up without words :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs115.snc4/36130_10150233329820002_617270001_13148843_5105358 _n.jpg

SHIT! :D What a night! Some gang of dodgy people to go out with at these drifting things! :D :D :D

Mick K
30-06-10, 12:28
SHIT! :D What a night! Some gang of dodgy people to go out with at these drifting things! :D :D :D

Lets not go there eh;):rolleyes::o

MikeFitz
30-06-10, 12:34
That just reminded me of two of the coolest names i've ever heard, that and Larry Love :D

Larry Love and Jay Rockett, 2 names which contain detailed descriptions of the men who wear them... :p

PeterT
30-06-10, 12:37
I dont get it, is that a heroin addict zombie woman half naked....or a lad dressed up in drag? Not sure which is better

EvojeepGal
30-06-10, 16:50
pics or it never happened

Unfortunately im a witness to this! Only the camera didnt catch him at the time, and i dont think he was too impressed either!

If anyone gets chatting to him in the bar at a round later in the year or whenever, get him to tell a few yarns, and prepare to laugh! Legend! :D

And u gotta have a Jager with him too, some man for it & the disco dancing! lol :D

Quealy
30-06-10, 17:04
Unfortunately im a witness to this! Only the camera didnt catch him at the time

Witness no.2 right here. It was epicness.

Famous jh
30-06-10, 17:36
Unfortunately im a witness to this! Only the camera didnt catch him at the time, and i dont think he was too impressed either!

God damnit i was sure ye would have gotten it! I'm just gonna have to strike again ;)

Witness no.2 right here. It was epicness.

and a victim :D :D