PDA

View Full Version : remapping-where to go

chris
27-07-09, 19:46
getting the car remapped soon was thinking tdp where else would ye recommend.dont want any bitching or stories about it just yer own experience

s13-ste
27-07-09, 19:47
oh here we go again:rolleyes:
what car, what system, how much you have to spend?

Greg
27-07-09, 19:49
TDP or WCP. Whichever is closet to you. My Chaser made 326bhp in TDP after it was mapped by Robbie, and 295bhp with WCP on Saturday. It is due a service though.

s15_spec_r
27-07-09, 20:22
jesus 31bhp lose? hardly make that up with clean oil and a filter, do RR's vary alot?

chris
27-07-09, 20:28
oh here we go again:rolleyes:
what car, what system, how much you have to spend?

dosnt really matter im asking wheres good.

podge
27-07-09, 22:03
track day performance or stiv in mod docs

mike g
27-07-09, 22:19
i think i going to go to TDP but kinda wanta get a HKS F-Con gold now!! :(

PeterT
27-07-09, 23:02
dosnt really matter im asking wheres good.

matters alrite, some guys are better with differant ecu's etc..

s15_spec_r
27-07-09, 23:32
stiv with nistune.... ive heard very good stories

jonosilvia
28-07-09, 12:26
This is my experience with tdp

firstly its a high spec sr20det with hks f-con gold (ecu came in from japan with)
went up around 4 months ago with it to be mapped
he said someone swapped the circuit board of the ecu in japan with a silver f-con and the ecu was no good. He said he has them for sale 1300e or better again get a motec.

So i went home and had a think.
Took a few pics of the board sent them on to a sound guy (jack strong) in hks europe then he took the ecu had a look hooked up to it and said there was absolutly nothing wrong with it. So he sent it back. I looked around for someone else to map it, to no avail so i booked back in with tdp, i went up and straight away he was out saying "i thought this ecu was repaired" ,so i said that jack strong of hks said there is nothing wrong the ecu and it was perfect. He then said "oh your dealing with jack strong" and walked off
two minutes later i could hear him fixing the bad idle of the car and not long later it was on the dyno.

Car came away running excellent with 413.5bhp and 359lb torque brought it home and took it for a spin and noticed there was no limiter.
Rang tdp back and he started arguing that i shouldnt be reving it that high and should not be hitting the limiter when drifting anyway so i just asked him nicely to put a limit of 7200rpm on it just after where the peak bhp ends and he said to send it up so i took out the ecu and sent it up two weeks later he sent it back with correct limit on its all back together now and running fine

these are the facts of my experience without my opinion

PeterT
28-07-09, 13:07

firstly its a high spec sr20det with hks f-con gold (ecu came in from japan with)
he said someone swapped the circuit board of the ecu in japan with a silver f-con and the ecu was no good. He said he has them for sale 1300e or better again get a motec.

Took a few pics of the board sent them on to a sound guy (jack strong) in hks europe then he took the ecu had a look hooked up to it and said there was absolutly nothing wrong with it. So he sent it back. I looked around for someone else to map it, to no avail so i booked back in with tdp, i went up and straight away he was out saying "i thought this ecu was repaired" ,so i said that jack strong of hks said there is nothing wrong the ecu and it was perfect. He then said "oh your dealing with jack strong" and walked off
two minutes later i could hear him fixing the bad idle of the car and not long later it was on the dyno.

Car came away running excellent with 413.5bhp and 359lb torque brought it home and took it for a spin and noticed there was no limiter.
Rang tdp back and he started arguing that i shouldnt be reving it that high and should not be hitting the limiter when drifting anyway so i just asked him nicely to put a limit of 7200rpm on it just after where the peak bhp ends and he said to send it up so i took out the ecu and sent it up two weeks later he sent it back with correct limit on its all back together now and running fine

sounds like a cunt of an experience to be honest. think ill get my mate (who used to work there and drive there evo) to sort me out with a place when i need mine done!

he seems like an odd fellow, but you got good power at the end!

jonosilvia
28-07-09, 13:22
yeah bit of a dose but hopefully i will have a bit of luck with it now

Daraghs14a
28-07-09, 23:00
John in wcp is good too. He has my s14 at the mo doing a map on a power fc.

chris
28-07-09, 23:25
does he map too didnt realise he did will give him a ring tomorrow

Greg
28-07-09, 23:26
John is as sound as a pound, and won't see you wrong. :)

chris
28-07-09, 23:37
ya know him alright brought a bit off him didnt realise he mapped never even taught to ask him

Daraghs14a
29-07-09, 10:56
Try him sure he tells it like it is wont bull shit you,

Tekno Twinky
29-07-09, 11:16

robbie thorton is a tool with know how iv heard dozens of these storys!

hard guy to deal with but can get the job done ace it seems

jonosilvia
29-07-09, 13:24
heard around 8 horror stories myself
with an f-con who else do you give business to.
the north was too far for me aswell

chris
29-07-09, 18:12
was taking to wcp today wil be taking it there id say

jonosilvia
30-07-09, 12:49
let us know you get on
what ecu is it again

Richie200sx
01-08-09, 15:02
Track day preformance is da spot 2 go!! couple of da lads hav gone der an bin no complaints!! not really sure bout da price doh!!

DAVEO
22-08-13, 11:48
have to say i was speaking to john in wcp last week and out of all the lads ive been speaking to about remapping the car he seems to be fairly well clued in and answered my questions in laymans terms rather than giving a big massive technical explaination. i think ill be taking the car down to him anyway.