PDA

View Full Version : Ffrench to drive for new team in the UK

s13-ste
24-06-10, 15:15
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/mittomatto/car%20work/neuton-press-one.jpg

I am very happy to confirm the launch of the Neuton Tyres Drifting Team for 2010! Over the past couple of months, I have been working behind the scenes with the staff of Neuton and the drivers to be able to get to this point. I can confirm that the Neuton drivers will be entered into both the JDM Allstars and BDC competitions throughout the year, with additional attendances at several other events.

I would like to thank all of the team for their hard work and also thank all of you guys for your continued support of drifting to allow for things like this to happen.

“Neuton Tyres / Neo Brothers are very happy about being involved with drifting in the UK. This fast emerging sport is very exciting and is an excellent platform to promote our tyres. We have already achieved 3 podium results this year alone, and we are very happy about what the team has achieved. Moving forward we can see a bright future, both for our tyres and the team themselves. We look forward to seeing you are the upcoming JDM Allstars events and BDC series in the UK in the coming months.” – The Neuton Tyres Team.

“It's great to see new teams becoming involved in drifting and supporting the sport, It shows how quickly drifting is growing. Neuton has chosen to launch their brand with drifting” – JDM Allstars

The team is made up of both new talent and established drivers, investing in all levels of the sport. The tyres are very carefully priced to be affordable, but without compromising performance.

“Initially I was surprised to get the call inviting me to the team. I had previously run the Neuton tyres and knew how much potential they had, specifically the grip levels! My only hope is that I can do the team proud!” – Ian “Bizz” Phillips

“I’m delighted to get the invitation to the team, especially with the other drivers involved. It’s great to see up and coming drivers getting some support too! I was testing the tyres at JDM Allstars Round one, they are very good. Jon Calvert won the event, so they definitely have what it takes.” – Martin Ffrench, Driving Advisor.

“The tyres are good, simple. I definitely rate them amongst the best out there, but with the added benefit of lasting much longer. They have a strong sidewall, like a track tyre, so the response is amazing. As for being in the team, I’ve had a grin on my face since Mitto called me!” – Jon Calvert

It’s taken a lot of work to get where we are with Neuton now, but it’s worth it because I can support both my friends and drivers involved in drifting. It’s so good to see new investment in the sport and it can only help us all to work towards a better future together as a community and as professional drivers.

Myself and the team look forwards to seeing you all over the next few months, please feel free to talk to any of us about the tyres and we will be more than happy to help!

I would also like to offer a huge thanks to Neo Brothers / Neuton tyres for their time and support!

Mat Steele – Neuton Tyres Drift Team Manager

Neo Brothers Saab - Saab Parts and Saab Spares. Saab Garage Workshop - Neo Brothers Saab Spares and Saab Parts

ps. I would also like to thank Driftworks for allowing us to post this on the forum!

Mick K
24-06-10, 15:18
Driving advisor?

Best Driver in Ireland to date imo

Eddie
24-06-10, 16:24
cool,congrats

wat will Ffrenchy be driven?

Robbie Daly Ps13
24-06-10, 17:09
Driving advisor?

Best Driver in Ireland to date imo

Freanch is a serious driver always up there with the best......!

But thats a very debateable point.....!

Mick K
24-06-10, 17:15
Robbie your a very debatable point!

Theres some talent in the Country,James,Eric etc....

Nobody in Ire is where Martin is at for Precision!

Chuck_g
24-06-10, 17:20
Fairplay..................im sure Martin will do the team proud, his talent is endless :)

Robbie Daly Ps13
24-06-10, 17:24
Just as an example.....!

They say fd's the best drivers in the world....! Would you agree....! D-mac is over there giving all them lads a run for there money.....! I know he has an unbeliveable team and car but do you think if french was in his boots he'd be doing better than him.......!

Ant the end of the day driftings all bout holding your nerve and although french can do this sometimes he still hasn't got the results under him other lads have.....!

Like last year in ennis he was unbeliveable all day coming in way harder than anyone......! But he still only finished in the top 8........!

Kruizer
24-06-10, 17:41
Drifiting is turning into a chequebook motorsport just like rallying, at least Neuton are investing it wisely ;)

Doofer
24-06-10, 18:28
Fair play to Ffrench, Its a pitty havin that sorta talent and not using it.. lookin forward to seein him in action.. Walls Beware!!

Larryk
24-06-10, 19:39
I have to agree with Mick K here - I always reckoned Martin was the classiest drifter this country has. With the right backing he would have been gone to the states years ago.

I remember back in the early days of drifting we were all down in Rosegreen trying to get our licences - Martin's 180 had shit itself the previous week and he had no car. He arrived down in a bog standard 525i E34 BMW, no mods at all except for a welded diff! Who scored the highest points of the day? Ffrenchie was out there on his own. The 525 was driven down to Rosegreen and driven home again afterwards :D

Even back when he rallied the 205gti he was untouchable - Found it hard to find a co-driver with enough balls to sit in with him though :D

He is 110% committed to every bend, I reckon he is the Irish Numora - pure crowd pleaser

Fair play Martin

skinny d
24-06-10, 20:06
Congrats to Ffrenchy ! Great to see him with some proper backing . Should be epic .

Prodrifter86
24-06-10, 21:09
fairplay to martin! he's 1 good driver and no's his shit!
so hope he does well!

geordier1
24-06-10, 21:31
Fair play too ffrenchy,he never mentioned anything about this when i was talking to him the other day, great news tho

RyanTime
24-06-10, 22:31
Good sponcership is exactly what Ffenchy needs to put himself on the map and hopefully someday see him up there with th FD boys!!!

Greg
24-06-10, 22:42
Is he actually driving? That driving advisor tag is a bit strange. Happy days if he is. :D

Martin ffrench
24-06-10, 22:45
What can i say im humbled by the comments.
As for results i never not once have ever finished a championship for one reason or another.

The rallying in the 205 was hilarious when i think back to the stupid things i did.:D anyone who was there can votch for this. The last single stage i did i was 12th over all after the first run after going off for at least 10 to 15 secs.
Unfortunately i was unable to continue because of a burst radiator and an unwilling codriver lol. (in a bad std 205 gti 1600cc)

And yes my name is on this and you will notice it is down as a driving advisor this is because i can not commit to participating in events at the moment.
So therefore if i dont compete i will be at the events coaching the other guys and acting as a spotter for them. I will be actively promoting neuton tyres and using them on all my cars from now on.
So hopefully funds permitting i might actually finish my altezza's in the very near future and hopefully get back haveing fun behind the wheel.

And most importantly entertaining all of you good folks who are kind enough to watch.

Martin Ffrench.

Mick K
24-06-10, 23:30
Congrats Ted,Well earned!

conorosr20
25-06-10, 13:01
Just as an example.....!

They say fd's the best drivers in the world....! Would you agree....! D-mac is over there giving all them lads a run for there money.....! I know he has an unbeliveable team and car but do you think if french was in his boots he'd be doing better than him.......!

Ya if Ffrench was in Darrens boots i think hed be doing twice as well as Darren does.

Larryk
25-06-10, 16:28
I have the height of respect for D-Mac, the very first day of drifting in Rosegreen he was down there and gave me plenty of advise - sound lad, but from drifting with and watching the two lads, i think D-Mac lacks the killer instinct that Ffrenchie has. D-macs balls are made from steel alright, but Ffrenchies are made of titanium.

Can't take anything away from Darren though, he has done very well, and as said above, is putting it up to the yanks over there. Would still love to see what Martin would do with that kind of backing behind him..... I do suspect he would wreak a few cars along the way, but by god would he win a few rounds too

serious tom
25-06-10, 17:20
also D-Mac has been over there for a few years now, and i think it takes that initial time to 'gel in' and adapt to the hugely different styles, aims, atmosphere etc...
Like with eric.. it only a matter of time before he has the experience of FD under him..

If any other Irish driver went over to FD now, it would take time and investemt for them to be competative,.. fair comment? ... course it wont happen over nite..

But if there was one person who could go over there with the right backing and support and from day 1 be up there... you know fine rightly it would be Ffrenchy ;)

Davie
25-06-10, 19:00
Fair play Ffrenchy.keep her at it :D

Larryk
25-06-10, 19:31
also D-Mac has been over there for a few years now, and i think it takes that initial time to 'gel in' and adapt to the hugely different styles, aims, atmosphere etc...
Like with eric.. it only a matter of time before he has the experience of FD under him..

If any other Irish driver went over to FD now, it would take time and investemt for them to be competative,.. fair comment? ... course it wont happen over nite..

But if there was one person who could go over there with the right backing and support and from day 1 be up there... you know fine rightly it would be Ffrenchy ;)

Agree 100% - change of scenery as severe as that would take a bit of getting used to alright

s13-ste
25-06-10, 21:43

Who stole Tom's keyboard????:D

serious tom
26-06-10, 19:32
You lads just dont ask me the right questions..
Im actually a good outside look at the current proceedings in the drift world, ive got a newer take on things as oppose to you who have watched drifting grow from the beginning.

Like, I love Irish drifters and i think Ireland has more skill than the UK etc..

That is still true, but recently im getting quite disheartened by the driving.
Its brilliant, but i think the drivers are too good for the tracks, the teardrop thing is all good, power, angle, smoke, feathering... but it needs to be stepped up...
It looks too easy... i know its very very difficult, but it looks all too familiar?

The fun thing about drifting is creating a challenge that you can fulfill by means of using the car....

We need to shake/spice/insert a bit of fun to the line up....

(im getting the feeling citywest will probably be the answer, but i havent seen it yet..)

rich20
30-06-10, 22:19
I agree lads i loved watching him always 110% flat out was deffo the best man to watch and that yellow s14.5 was meant to be 435hp when he got it first?? He made that car look like it had 100hp +++ more than others i know sometimes he didnt chase as well as he lead but wat a pilliot.. We been missing out on his talent in this country wish him all the best, sooner or later im sure there be some good results over there :)