PDA

View Full Version : ABS Leave or take out???

Stevo
22-06-10, 15:59
As above lads any advantage in removing the abs in a track car/drifty yolk??

Pro's/Cons of it?

way2fastforu
22-06-10, 16:20
pro's = less weigh better pedal feel wont act funny wen ya pull the hydro

con's = none:D

Bobbys14
22-06-10, 16:28
As above lads any advantage in removing the abs in a track car/drifty yolk??

Pro's/Cons of it?

Well if the diff is welded or an aftermarket one i dont think the abs will function, i could be wrong but it dont work on mine and i'v a two-way..

Larryk
22-06-10, 16:47
I pulled the fuse on it in my S13 because used to frighten the shit out of me when it cut in. Should have really removed the whole ABS unit when i was at it to save a bit of weight...

Chuck_g
22-06-10, 16:48
This on an Omega ste??? Take it out, its dangerous

Romo
22-06-10, 18:00
I wish i had abs sometimes in the road car, nothin worse then locking up when you need to jam on all of a sudden...

fuk it out in the tramp though!

Kaleb180
22-06-10, 18:10
with the abs in the car steve she wont kick out ..... the idea of abs is to make braking easyer in a road car so that the car wont just lock up when u JAM ON !!!

So in other words .... the abs wont allow ya to slide !
So pull it out !!!! ;)

serious tom
22-06-10, 18:55
+1 vote for OUT!
i know my car says abs edition... and the ABS light on the dash is on.. so out ta fluck! :D

Chuck_g
22-06-10, 22:16
with the abs in the car steve she wont kick out ..... the idea of abs is to make braking easyer in a road car so that the car wont just lock up when u JAM ON !!!

So pull it out !!!! ;)

Not entirely true...............my omega always slid with abs.............but i once spun and smashed into a wall, where as if i had had pulled out the abs fuse id have stopped!!

Larryk
22-06-10, 22:34
ABS is a pain in most lowered cars i've driven, mostly BMW's.

With the lowered suspension i reckon the wheels weren't traveling up and down as much as standard spec, so over a bumpy road while braking from high speed, the wheels were 'skipping' so to speak. A couple of times this happened and the ABS thought there was something wrong and decided to take matters into its own hands, nearly putting me and the car over the hedge in the process.

It obviously has its benifits on a road car, but even on my road going Beemers i usually pull the fuse as the cons out weigh the pro's in my experiance. (with lowered cars anyway)

Famous jh
22-06-10, 22:37
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck it out!

rdec1701
22-06-10, 22:58
abs works by solenoids releasing the pressure on abrake line that sensor detects the wheel locking then locks/unlocks it many times a second to slow ya down instead of skidding into the ditch haha. traction control will try stop ya gettin her arse out :D

either way its outta there :D :D :D

Larryk
22-06-10, 23:02
Can the nct test for either of these? Obviuosly there is the warning light but if that was removed I assume they couldn't fail it for not having any?

rdec1701
22-06-10, 23:21
nct will fail ya if the light is on in the dash or if there is abs and light does not come on to self check n den go out like normal, or any of the components like sensors pipes etc are still on the car but not connected,

so ya jus have to whip everythin out and leave no visible trace :D

Larryk
23-06-10, 07:56
nct will fail ya if the light is on in the dash or if there is abs and light does not come on to self check n den go out like normal, or any of the components like sensors pipes etc are still on the car but not connected,

so ya jus have to whip everythin out and leave no visible trace :D

Cheers for that :) Maybe I'm being optimistic by thinking I can keep the car roadwothy while being a competitive drift car also - but will give it a lash :)

rdec1701
23-06-10, 08:03
Cheers for that :) Maybe I'm being optimistic by thinking I can keep the car roadwothy while being a competitive drift car also - but will give it a lash :)

dooooo it streeto all the way :D all ya need is the cert den ya can do whatever ya want really, until the next test :p

Stevo
23-06-10, 09:52
This on an Omega ste??? Take it out, its dangerous

Yup the tramper chuckles

So pull it out !!!! ;)

:eek: it slides no problems at all:D

ABS is a pain in most lowered cars i've driven, mostly BMW's.

With the lowered suspension i reckon the wheels weren't traveling up and down as much as standard spec, so over a bumpy road while braking from high speed, the wheels were 'skipping' so to speak. A couple of times this happened and the ABS thought there was something wrong and decided to take matters into its own hands, nearly putting me and the car over the hedge in the process.

It obviously has its benifits on a road car, but even on my road going Beemers i usually pull the fuse as the cons out weigh the pro's in my experiance. (with lowered cars anyway)

Dropage is on the way also, cheers lads :cool: