PDA

View Full Version : fitted new elbow and now wont boost over .5 bar

s15_spec_r
21-06-10, 20:47
hows it goin lads, i fitted a new turbo elbow a couple of weeks ago and ever since the car wont boost past .5 bar, on light acceleration it starts to hesitate and slightly backfire, its grand on full throttle but still wont go past .5 bar, the dumpvalve isnt as loud either,
any suggestions on how i can fix the beast,
cheers

Robbie Daly Ps13
21-06-10, 20:53
hows it goin lads, i fitted a new turbo elbow a couple of weeks ago and ever since the car wont boost past .5 bar, on light acceleration it starts to hesitate and slightly backfire, its grand on full throttle but still wont go past .5 bar, the dumpvalve isnt as loud either,
any suggestions on how i can fix the beast,
cheers

You sure you didn't move the actuator.....! Sounds strange..........!

Cooldrft
21-06-10, 21:09
Would the wastegate penny be stuck open or not closing properly.

doyler
21-06-10, 21:18
well did u fit nd wire up da 02 sensor in da exaust elbow?cuda damaged a wire r sumit take'n it off

s15_spec_r
21-06-10, 21:19
You sure you didn't move the actuator.....! Sounds strange..........!

was thinking maybe it was wanked alright, it could hav taken a knock when i was refiting it................... would it be just a matter of seeing if theres movement in it? hopefully its just a leak in a joiner on th IC pipe, might hav ta just save up and ship her off ta stiv

doyler
21-06-10, 21:25
cud be da gasket from the block 2 manifold or mani 2 turbo der a whure 4 goin.had u the turbo off changn da elbow nd if u didnt change da gaskets sure as fuck thats it...

nissan_doctor
21-06-10, 23:51
What turbo are you running and what elbo did you fit?

richy
22-06-10, 07:46
Sounds to me like a stuck wastegate penny.

BTW, dump valve won't be as loud cos its not venting as much boost as normal

way2fastforu
22-06-10, 08:32
@s15 spec r...did ya not check it for boost leak yest or anythin after i was tlkin to ya??

@doyler he changed all the gaskets wen he had it out

@nissan doc he runnin t28r wit japspeed elbow

s15_spec_r
23-06-10, 17:19
sorted her today boyos, the rubber joiner from the hot pipe to the turbo inlet was split the whole way down, back too full boost now, nice improvement with the elbow fitted too woop woop