PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

ciaran r
13-06-10, 13:02
looking for a bit of advice,im only really starting out at this hole drifting thing,and i does most my practice on the port road in waterford,heres a vid if yer not familiar with the road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqsU9xc9YQ&feature=player_embedded

anyway my problem is i can come out of the bottom bend sideways and carry it up the road like the lads in the vid but i cant get her round the top bend,iv being told to use the handbreak to slid her in round the bend and power out of it,but what happens me is i get her going round the bend on the stick and then when i try put the power down im after droppin in revs and she dont have the power to keep slidding,and if i bury the boot when i lay off the handbreak she spins out as soon as the turbo is fully spooling,
i does all this in second gear by the way i either come out of the bottom in first and get her into second when shes slidding or just come out the bottom in second and hold it up the hole way,
any advice much appreciated like am i on the handbreak for too long,or shud i put her back into first????
and i dont want to lisen to any `you shudnt be drifting on public roads` or shit like that im just looking for advice

docco86
13-06-10, 13:12
cool enough vid where is that road??

Greg
13-06-10, 13:20
First off take down the video and the location. :)

Come into the bottom bend in second kicking the clutch as you come to the bend and manji up the road, and when you dip the clutch to pull up the handbrake keep pressing the throttle to keep the revs up,, once the car is sliding around the bend it's just a case of catching it. :)

I do that bend with no handbrake because I have none. Must get down there again because I haven't been in ages.

Edit - From what I remember that bend is really slippy anyways so it's hard to catch the slide there.

Robbie Daly Ps13
13-06-10, 13:22
Lad when your on the handbrake keep blipping the trottle even doh your foots on the clutch......! Keep the revs up and when ya release the handbrake let the clutch out and your revs will be right up and turbo will be spooled.......!

Golden rule about drifting.......!

And don't be afraid to clutch kick.....!

gem-s13
13-06-10, 13:24
ur prob staying on the stick for to long lad try comeing on and off the stick a few times trough the corner, basicly hand brake - power - hand brake - power - hand brake

Joe
13-06-10, 13:32
ya only need a bare tip of the wand down there for that bit in the dry,

curtis
13-06-10, 14:17
cool enough vid where is that road??

Must be japan lad, don't let the appearance of a foxy lad in a twin cam mislead you:p

ian g sr20
13-06-10, 15:20
Must be japan lad, don't let the appearance of a foxy lad in a twin cam mislead you

looks like a cam frm ireland keep an eye on the reg looks 2 be 87 mh cud b wrong doh,, anymre vids of diff cars on that road

andy t
13-06-10, 15:45
that bend is fairly slippy so just get da revs right & you should be ok man,,,,,

or else keep da slide goin & swing into da bend with a slight clutch kick

ciaran r
13-06-10, 16:04
thanks for the advice lads,its after starting to rain now so its alot easier,so ill let ye know how i get on in the dry when it clears up,

yea i think im on the stick way to long,

@ DOCCO86that piece of road is top secret,if yer ever round waterford japan give me a shout and ill bring you down

m-sykes
13-06-10, 16:12
sorry for ot, but whats the blue car? it that an old datsun? class jammer :) realold school

Cefiro Panch
13-06-10, 17:10
sorry for ot, but whats the blue car? it that an old datsun? class jammer :) realold school

Old Corola i think???

ciaran r
13-06-10, 17:57
shes a blue chermont i think thats how ya spell it,its a old datsun but she has full twincam running gear,very nice car

niallsilvia
13-06-10, 18:41
shes a blue chermont i think thats how ya spell it,its a old datsun but she has full twincam running gear,very nice car

no datsun, shes a daihatsu charmant

Jimmy
14-06-10, 14:22
Much trouble from the shades down there?

ciaran r
14-06-10, 14:37
Much trouble from the shades down there?

if you be clever bout it yer grand,if yer not into showing off infront of crowds and just want to do a bit of slidding yer grand,3 to 5 cars would get away with some hassel free messin any more and ya begin to attract attention,