PDA

View Full Version : mondello 6th aftermath

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 19:24
ill get it started so what did we think lads crazy weather but i had a blast car went like a dream some great driving from lads any pics or vids welcome:D

hunty_sideways
06-06-10, 19:34
was the weather shit joey ? many turn up ?

Cooldrft
06-06-10, 19:36
It was my first time doing a practice day in mondello.
Will definitely be back for more, 3rd gear ftw :cool:

Love them big white bales "something to aim for" ;)

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 19:37
was the weather shit joey ? many turn up ?

apsolutly pissed it down man but was my 1st time drifting ona full wet track so was good for experience good turn out of cars concidering only two groups so got loads track time im happy out anyway ha

Frankae86
06-06-10, 19:37
Thats the job james, you enjoyed it so.

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 19:40
It was my first time doing a practice day in mondello.
Will definitely be back for more, 3rd gear ftw :cool:

Love them big white bales "something to aim for" ;)

there great there sponge i kept trying to clip the 1 on the hill after honda corner some craic:D

Mick K
06-06-10, 19:43
Did you get much track time considering TA was on today?

turbo asti
06-06-10, 19:46

Dont think there was any ta on today.Next round is the 27th on the international.

Cooldrft
06-06-10, 19:46
Thats the job james, you enjoyed it so.

Absolutely :D
I didn't like the water tanker though.
The grip was very patchy for a few laps after it.

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 19:47

was no TA ted

Cooldrft
06-06-10, 19:49

There was no TA , I did 140kms on the track ,so Loads of track time :D

Mick K
06-06-10, 19:50
There was no TA , I did 140kms on the track ,so Loads of track time :D

Ah,Confusement on my part!!!

140kms? Greedy much?:eek::D

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 19:52
tank and a half of go go juice i used:eek: and im fairly standard haha

turbo asti
06-06-10, 19:56
Ah,Confusement on my part!!!

Dont lie.You have been drinking again.Haven't you?

Cooldrft
06-06-10, 19:58
tank and a half of go go juice i used:eek: and im fairly standard haha

I went through 55Litres on the track "7miles to the gallon :D"

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 19:59
I went through 55Litres on the track "7miles to the gallon :D"

NIIIICE:D what were you driving man

Cooldrft
06-06-10, 20:06
Grey/black R32 ,I was in group A.

jdmjimmy
06-06-10, 20:08
despite the shite weather it was the best ay i ever had got to bring all the las out for spins in the car when it dried u was unreal such a go day absolutly wrecked after it!!car is in one piece no damage other than the bitch of a bonnet flyin up (never trust bonnet pins)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYBODY GOT PICS?

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 20:09
Grey/black R32 ,I was in group A.

me to you were driving very well lad was behind ya few times well done;)

Mick K
06-06-10, 20:12
Feck all tyres used today?

Barry
06-06-10, 20:26
Great day alright, was out with taffy most the day, great fun....... Now i hate to be ''THAT GUY'' but i feel it should be said as we couldn't believe our eyes, a car was drifting around the right hander behind the pits(2nd last bend) and lost his bumper, he then stoped 50 yards or so after that bend on the left side the track, his passenger then jumped out and he took off, he ran back up the side of the track to the corner, he then ran across the track when he got a gap between cars and picked up the bumper, he then ran back down towards a spot in the fence where he could pass the bumper through, THEN he turned around walked up to the very edge of the tarmac to wait for his mate to come back around but the marshals got to him first, all this happened during a busy live session and just after a fairly fast bend, i guess i just cant understand how people can be so brain dead, fuckin idiots........ rant over:mad:

geordier1
06-06-10, 20:29
Was out in the new drift car today for the first time,really enjoyed it even tho it pissed down,3rd and 4th gear ftw:) car ran really well was delighted..roll on city west

jdmjimmy
06-06-10, 20:29
heard about that alri wat some lads o be thinkin i do not know!

Barry
06-06-10, 20:31
Was out in the new drift car today for the first time,really enjoyed it even tho it pissed down,3rd and 4th gear ftw:) car ran really well was delighted..roll on city west

Great sound off it too ted:cool:

joey banana s14
06-06-10, 20:31
Great day alright, was out with taffy most the day, great fun....... Now i hate to be ''THAT GUY'' but i feel it should be said as we couldn't believe our eyes, a car was drifting around the right hander behind the pits(2nd last bend) and lost his bumper, he then stoped 50 yards or so after that bend on the left side the track, his passenger then jumped out and he took off, he ran back up the side of the track to the corner, he then ran across the track when he got a gap between cars and picked up the bumper, he then ran back down towards a spot in the fence where he could pass the bumper through, THEN he turned around walked up to the very edge of the tarmac to wait for his mate to come back around but the marshals got to him first, all this happened during a busy live session and just after a fairly fast bend, i guess i just cant understand how people can be so brain dead, fuckin idiots........ rant over:mad:

totally agree man, didnt know where you went after was gointa bring ya for a spin probably safer you didnt tho haha taffy drove great today i thought

Barry
06-06-10, 20:34
totally agree man, didnt know where you went after was gointa bring ya for a spin probably safer you didnt tho haha taffy drove great today i thought

Haha dunno about safer bud, lets just say we had a couple moments that bo+luke duke would've been proud off :D

geordier1
06-06-10, 20:36
Great sound off it too ted:cool:

cheers lad,she sounds well alright:D

mArKo
06-06-10, 20:41

Derk wasn't to busy anyway man.....

Was a good day down there but, some good driving too!!!!
Hopefully I'll be joining the action soon enough:D

andymurp
06-06-10, 20:45

ye i was coming around that corner flat in third when he got out of the car to get the bumper was a bit stupid!!was a great day car went good sponge blocks for clipping points FTW!!used a full tank and another 30 litres of petrol and only went through 2 sets of tyres well worth the money!!!

Greg
06-06-10, 20:52

That's fooking crazy. It's a third gear bend and seen as it was wet an emergency stop wouldn't have went very well. Dopes!

I'd love to tackle Mondello in the wet.

Any pics or videos yet???

danny86
06-06-10, 21:28
was a good day drifting..was out in jdmjimmys s14 wit him was serious craic..

any pics or vids up yet??

retro head
06-06-10, 21:53
my first time doin a driftday in mondello and what a great days driftin,some value for money only two groups out,was great craic in the wet with my car felt like i had horsepower but fuk me understeer!when it started drying out it was tricky some of the track was still wet and patches of dry would catch ye out,had to work so hard in my cam in the dry i think i sprained my arm and pulled a calf muscle clutch kickin!!
the lad in the white r33 in group A was fukin epic,he was linking the whole straight,the barrys mts cars were also class and the lad in the red carlton was a joy to watch
i didnt even use a set of tyres!
time for more beer:)

thegosson
06-06-10, 22:04
good on ya john.

geordier1
06-06-10, 22:13
the guy in the red carlton and the guy in the 33na were giving the cars dogs abuse today,they were flying,

Amy g was also going very well today from what i seen of her

wayne.c
07-06-10, 10:34
didn't have a good start to the day myself after leavein my oil on main straght:mad: so went home with it picked up yowdys ps13 so worked out a good day after:D there was good track time not much waitin around..

jdmjimmy
07-06-10, 10:53
didn't have a good start to the day myself after leavein my oil on main straght:mad: so went home with it picked up yowdys ps13 so worked out a good day after:D there was good track time not much waitin around..

what happened the 180??my windscreen got destroyed by an oil cloud behind ya...anybody got pics from yesterday?

bart
07-06-10, 10:56

did ya blow ur yoke up lad?????????:(:(

retro head
07-06-10, 12:22

seen ye heading off early alright was thinkin thats a kick in the balls and a wasted 150 notes!grand to have a spare yoke
titey off here nearly had an early day too,the dizzy in his white booter decided to jump out of the engine while out for the first session!got her sorted though
there was a load of oil at stena line which was where your front tyres would be so mid drift the car would take a serious notion to understeer!

Derk
07-06-10, 15:34

Derk wasn't to busy anyway man....

Sold 4 fitted 2..... Made 20 euro profit... Wooohoooo! :D
Ah shur ya cant win em all...
Worst thing is there's only so much driftin i can see from the back of me van, especially with my limited eyesight :o
But all the lads seemed happy out with all the seat time they got and shur thats what its all about!

yogi325
07-06-10, 15:58
anybody got pics from yesterday?

yeah me brother was up der wit the camera yesterday, he has a rake of pics!! ders a thread in the pictures section he has a good few stuck up..

blusrule
07-06-10, 17:17
Savage day, delighted with the time i got out on track, even though i lost 1 run because ended up in the gravel pit! Was sickened! Was loving it when was raining as could get it goin grand, when it dried up had to drive alot harder to try make it slide! Which ended with me in a tyre wall out the back backwards first and then head on when i tried to avoid a lad that spun! Fair shitting it when hit it head on! Damage is cosmetic only though, still driving grand so it all good! :D

bruno s14
07-06-10, 17:42
a savage days drifting. track was savage in d wet good crack fish tailing up the
straight:D loads of track time which was sweeet!!!! good value for d yo yos:D
bulling for d next drift day!!!!

wayne.c
07-06-10, 18:37
did ya blow ur yoke up lad?????????:(:(

no lad where the oil filter screws on snaped the treads. hopefully its handy fix. andys car was at home so handy to pick that up dan fix mine. the best bout mondello home in a few mins..

bart
07-06-10, 18:38
no lad where the oil filter screws on snaped the treads. hopefully its handy fix. andys car was at home so handy to pick that up dan fix mine. the best bout mondello home in a few mins..

woohoo savage lad..
fuck for a min there i thought ya were in serious trouble...:(:(
be ready for city west?????

wayne.c
07-06-10, 18:44
woohoo savage lad..
fuck for a min there i thought ya were in serious trouble...:(:(
be ready for city west?????

i hope to be. won't have new kit on it tho. will you be reddy??

bart
07-06-10, 18:47
i hope to be. won't have new kit on it tho. will you be reddy??

yea lad...
parts in this week
should be back in next monday or tues evening
map it then and ready to roll(all going well):o:o:o

wayne.c
07-06-10, 18:54
yea lad...
parts in this week
should be back in next monday or tues evening
map it then and ready to roll(all going well):o:o:o

o bit o rubbin so:D team drift before i change colour;)

Mick K
07-06-10, 18:57
o bit o rubbin so:D team drift before i change colour;)

Spraying it something a little easier on the pocket for wall rubbin?:o

wayne.c
07-06-10, 19:00
Spraying it something a little easier on the pocket for wall rubbin?:o

O mite have to the price to fix it after the last day i would get a full respray
for. Time for a change:D

jdmjimmy
07-06-10, 19:01
Savage day, delighted with the time i got out on track, even though i lost 1 run because ended up in the gravel pit! Was sickened! Was loving it when was raining as could get it goin grand, when it dried up had to drive alot harder to try make it slide! Which ended with me in a tyre wall out the back backwards first and then head on when i tried to avoid a lad that spun! Fair shitting it when hit it head on! Damage is cosmetic only though, still driving grand so it all good! :D

lol sorry bout that man i hooked third on the exit of the big sweeper round the back and got a bit too much angle tout u were gonna come in my door then outta balls you put your own car in the tire wall

jdmjimmy
07-06-10, 19:03
Worst thing is there's only so much driftin i can see from the back of me van, especially with my limited eyesight :o
But all the lads seemed happy out with all the seat time they got and shur thats what its all about!

i was one of those who got tyres cant describe how good a service you provide lad keep it up..

blusrule
07-06-10, 19:09
lol sorry bout that man i hooked third on the exit of the big sweeper round the back and got a bit too much angle tout u were gonna come in my door then outta balls you put your own car in the tire wall

Ha was it you? Ah no bothers lad, sure thats all part of it! Ha i just saw ya spun and knew i'd either hit you or the wall so into the wall i went! I was nearly flat in third so say would have done some damage to your car! Say you were shitting it when ya saw me were ya?

Taffy
07-06-10, 19:17
had a great dat car did not miss a beat till the last outing of the day coil packs got to hot

had a few hairy momments stuffed it in to the tyres behined the pits as some one spun in front of me then came round and lost it in the same place stuffed it in the same place wid the same wing :p fix it today metal wide arches rule big hammer and a mig sorted :p

jdmjimmy
07-06-10, 19:19
Ha was it you? Ah no bothers lad, sure thats all part of it! Ha i just saw ya spun and knew i'd either hit you or the wall so into the wall i went! I was nearly flat in third so say would have done some damage to your car! Say you were shitting it when ya saw me were ya?

yea was just thinking hear it comes got away ok for the day apart from the bonnet slappin the roof and windscreen @ 80 mph on the straight! NICCEEEEEE:D

jdmjimmy
07-06-10, 19:21
ready for off to monello (before nice and shiny)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3370/image1671.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/i/image1671.jpg/)

during the carnage of drift and after the bonnet flew up

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2897/image176f.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/image176f.jpg/)

blusrule
07-06-10, 19:29
yea was just thinking hear it comes got away ok for the day apart from the bonnet slappin the roof and windscreen @ 80 mph on the straight! NICCEEEEEE:D

Ha the tyre wall isnt really that hard, better than a car anyway! Yeah i passed you just after that happened, fierce bad luck!

andymurp
07-06-10, 20:57

yeh fair play to ya for selin them tyres some job them and third gear didnt get on too well when it started to dry up ha ill be onto ya if i need more cheers chief.

Falvey
07-06-10, 21:08
This was my first day out in the car and I have to say i really enjoyed it. Was out in group A myself and the buddy was out in the car in group B and we still left Mondello at half 5 rolling on our first set of tyres:eek: Some serious motors and pilots there too, Roll on the next one on the 11th july.

Amy G
07-06-10, 22:16
the guy in the red carlton and the guy in the 33na were giving the cars dogs abuse today,they were flying,

Amy g was also going very well today from what i seen of her

Thanks dude, had a great day despite the weather and a few jerks thinking they owned the track.... The wet really suits the RX and we got loads of track time till I ran out of fuel.... Some serious drifting out their, takes alot guts on a wet/oily track :)

Derk
07-06-10, 22:39
i was one of those who got tyres cant describe how good a service you provide lad keep it up..

yeh fair play to ya for selin them tyres some job them and third gear didnt get on too well when it started to dry up ha ill be onto ya if i need more cheers chief.

Cheers lads, positive customer feedback always appreciated :D

Roll on the next one on the 11th july.

Is it not the 10th??

geordier1
07-06-10, 22:42
Thanks dude, had a great day despite the weather and a few jerks thinking they owned the track.... The wet really suits the RX and we got loads of track time till I ran out of fuel.... Some serious drifting out their, takes alot guts on a wet/oily track :)

ye we got plenty of track time alright, you seemed to be going really well in the wet,i was behind you for a couple of laps.

nicknack
08-06-10, 01:12
Fair play to yis, all put on a good spectacle!! Purple PS is lovely if its anyone on here!

Seen the Bonnet fly up jimmy and ye werent the only one at the same place thats bonnet flew up, whoever it was in the s14 with all the grapics no spoiler did it too!!

I have an awful issue with mondello charging at the gate for a drift practice though. I drove straight through at first but the bastard followed me and wouldnt take laser off me for payment cause they dont have a machine. He said cash only and i told him this is my cash. he said go to prosperous and get money, i meant to tell ask him would he give me the fiver off for wasting petrol to get over there!!

I think a petition should be made out on all forums for guys wanting to go spectate to take the charge off the gate. In all fairness, no offense to anyone, its a practice day, some are going out for the first time and getting used to their cars, and some are flat to the mat. Chargin a tenner in to watch lads getting used to their cars is a rip off. Now i love watching people goin round and like to take pics also (dint have camera today though) but I dont see the idea of 10 euro being worth it. i mean theres no facilities there to avail of, hungry? tough shite, thirsty, no bottles in machine, or cantine open. What do any spectators think?????

|Rant over :mad:

Derk
08-06-10, 08:11
Fair play to yis, all put on a good spectacle!! Purple PS is lovely if its anyone on here!

Seen the Bonnet fly up jimmy and ye werent the only one at the same place thats bonnet flew up, whoever it was in the s14 with all the grapics no spoiler did it too!!

I have an awful issue with mondello charging at the gate for a drift practice though. I drove straight through at first but the bastard followed me and wouldnt take laser off me for payment cause they dont have a machine. He said cash only and i told him this is my cash. he said go to prosperous and get money, i meant to tell ask him would he give me the fiver off for wasting petrol to get over there!!

I think a petition should be made out on all forums for guys wanting to go spectate to take the charge off the gate. In all fairness, no offense to anyone, its a practice day, some are going out for the first time and getting used to their cars, and some are flat to the mat. Chargin a tenner in to watch lads getting used to their cars is a rip off. Now i love watching people goin round and like to take pics also (dint have camera today though) but I dont see the idea of 10 euro being worth it. i mean theres no facilities there to avail of, hungry? tough shite, thirsty, no bottles in machine, or cantine open. What do any spectators think?????

|Rant over :mad:

The purple ps is Yowdy's on here...

Kind've agree with ya on the admission thing but then again Mondello are bound to charge ya, they're a business at the end of the day.
Dont know why the canteen wasn't open on Sunday, usually is.
Eventhough you get rode for the "food" they sell its nice to have the option there, maybe coz there wasn't enough cars booked in? :confused:

titey86
08-06-10, 10:57
i had a great day, took a bit of gettin used to the new car! the wet made it very interesting but i struggled a lot in the dry! handbrake refused to lock up and very little grip on the front:eek: along with a lack of skill on my part:D

delighted to be back in an ae86, drove the car to and from mondello, then when got home filled it with booze and drove it to ballyshannon in donegal for the last day of the rory gallagher festival:D
gotta love the 86's:cool:

retro head
08-06-10, 12:11
@nick nack,your dead right id nearly get bored lookin at a good lad drift never mind the likes of myself!it is only a practice day its not for entertaining spectators so why should they have to pay in
arent normal track days free for spectators?last one i was at there was no one at the gate anyway