PDA

View Full Version : sound deadening

podge
22-07-09, 15:15
any easy way to get tis off ive used chisels screw drivers some sort of spray and release stuff i was told worked as well freezes it or something heads wrecked trying to get it off

s13-ste
22-07-09, 15:24
best iv heard is the freeze spay and a sharp chisel and mallet, its just a pig of a job to do

Barry
22-07-09, 17:10
Andy just used a sharp chisel and lump hammer as far as i know.

barryl
22-07-09, 17:13
hammer ,chisel and heat gun and lots off patience;)

Barry
22-07-09, 17:21
hammer ,chisel and heat gun and lots off patience;)

Lots and lots of that needed:D

Administrator
22-07-09, 20:56
Do it on a cold fucker of a morning too. Helps the stuff come off in pieces rather than chunks of soft tar type shite. I used a mallet, sharp wood chisel and some white spirits

NIALL JZX
22-07-09, 21:11
dose of a job arite..
done mine was a fucker of a job. heat gun made it real sticky though, so gave up on that...
get off wat ya can wit hammer n chisel n den gettin one the spinny wire brush type heads for a drill n u'll get it mint..
looks a tidy job wen done. well worth doin it an sprayin the inside..:):)

podge
22-07-09, 21:44
dose of a job arite..
done mine was a fucker of a job. heat gun made it real sticky though, so gave up on that...
get off wat ya can wit hammer n chisel n den gettin one the spinny wire brush type heads for a drill n u'll get it mint..
looks a tidy job wen done. well worth doin it an sprayin the inside..:):)

tats the plan planning on spraying it up to tidy it all up a bit and leave it neater looking

mike g
22-07-09, 23:53
been there and done it and dont wanna do it again lol

Dunnedriftin
23-07-09, 00:33
in the middle of doing my R32 at the moment, and it weighs quiet a bit!

hammer & sharp chiesl is the best and once all is romoved then a cloth & white spirits to clean it and a scraper to get the little bits!

might be tryin liquid nitrogen on the weekend tho as im able to get my hands on it :D

gofaster_s13
28-07-09, 14:57
Co2 fire extinguishers sprayed onto the sound deadening and it separates itself from the floor of the car, removed all the sound deadening in my car in about 25 mins(except for the boot which I tried with hammer and chisel before using the extinguishers););)

Dunnedriftin
28-07-09, 16:33
Co2 fire extinguishers sprayed onto the sound deadening and it separates itself from the floor of the car, removed all the sound deadening in my car in about 25 mins(except for the boot which I tried with hammer and chisel before using the extinguishers););)

never thought of it! must give it a try, cant get the liquid nitrogen yet :o

podge
28-07-09, 18:31

lol pity u didnt tell me tat at the track day last monday its all off now and being painter at min