PDA

View Full Version : drift display at wicklow harbour

mick
01-06-10, 18:40
alright lads, and lassies.

Ive been asked to organise as many drift cars (road or track, so long as it looks cool!!) as possible to attend a static display in wicklow harbour on the twentyeth of june. It is for the round ireland sail fest which is being launhced in wicklow that weekend.

basically its a big festival all weekend and undoubtedly a pissup aswell. yer wan wants us to get together and park up for the afternoon because she reckons drift cars are more fun to look at than vintage yokes. There is the possibility of a live drift display on one of the piers which would be deadly but is not confirmed yet. I want to start getting the ball roling with numbers because itll be the twentieth before we know it!

theres gonna be a bmx display and all sorts goin on aswel so should be a bit of a buzz around the place. aparently last year the town was paked so it should be a good laugh and good exposure for the site. we might even get someone to set up some decks so we can have tunes to listen to aswel!

so please leave a comment if your interested in attending and well see how many we can get.

by the way, the di staff all are on board and if any of you have a prob with me postin this instead of you let me know, i just needed to get things started to give us the best chance.... cheers lads!

Greg
01-06-10, 18:46
Drifting on which pier? A lot of my family are from Wicklow town so it'd be rude not to put my car in. :)

retro head
01-06-10, 19:21
diffin on a pier im in!!!,by the way who defines whats cool,this question has stumped philosophers for centuries

mick
01-06-10, 19:56
the one in the middle, where the big silos an all are, thers plenty of space to slide round the building with the added danger of the water on the outside of the bend! baha all of which looks cool from up by the black castle where the static display an all will be.

cool is cool......

retro head
01-06-10, 20:14
cool is cool......[/QUOTE]

deep man...:rolleyes:

sounds like a class weekend,would drifters not be to obscene to be hanging with yacht club types!

Chuck_g
01-06-10, 20:33
Is there actually gonna be a drift display??

PeterT
01-06-10, 22:47
mick you cock...this is realy close?!

Chuck, when we put it to the woman about the pier, she said shed try get permission, so ya never know!

twailbait
01-06-10, 23:00
mick you cock...this is realy close?!

Chuck, when we put it to the woman about the pier, she said shed try get permission, so ya never know!

You wont be sliding on the pier!End of!

Amy G
02-06-10, 09:06
:( I won't be here, you'll have no BBQ, ha!
Sully will bring a car down if you want though, we have a selection to choose from, heeheehee ;)

PeterT
02-06-10, 10:15
You wont be sliding on the pier!End of!

yes, but maybe we can do burn outs! on the roads

bubble1984
02-06-10, 11:02
count me in as i live beside the pier it would be rude not to go, ha, unless its just donuts and spinnin wheels

twailbait
02-06-10, 11:07
count me in as i live beside the pier it would be rude not to go, ha, unless its just donuts and spinnin wheels

Conways aren't going to let there be a drift display on the pier! Not a chance off it!
There just be a static show. Which is grand!!

bubble1984
02-06-10, 11:31
Conways aren't going to let there be a drift display on the pier! Not a chance off it!

oh im sorry. :(

theres plenty of other places adrifty track cud be set up 4 a display then have the static display on the pier

gem-s13
02-06-10, 11:36

ur so negitive tim tim!!!!:D

PeterT
02-06-10, 11:45

shut up you! they are getting permission for a small area of road to do some burnouts on (yawn!) so then we mentioned the pier to her!

mick
02-06-10, 18:56
tim shut the fuck up. its all in the pipeline and the right people are bein aproached.

pete you knew when it is, bin sayin it to ya for ages!

right, we need a list so, whoever wants in stick your name down. and a pic up of your car cuz i wanna keep it semi respectable (not that my cars respectable or anythin! hah

1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing

Tekno Twinky
02-06-10, 19:34
what makes cool cool?

its as simple as

cool is ...

pernounced kool is (2 secs silence) dot dot dot dot dot

The more aestheticly minded you are the more odds you have of knowing whats cool..there is no rule, there is only cool.

as for this thread..

pear drifting sounds like fun! ha youl be fine pete that barge will be right at home should any missguided feeding of the throttle occur:eek::D

Newsome
03-06-10, 19:20
What time of the day would this be at then??

Romo
03-06-10, 19:25
silvers after yeeeeeessssssss

1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty

Administrator
03-06-10, 20:20
1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty
6)darraaa, 180sex (to keep the cool name thang going)

gem-s13
03-06-10, 20:44
1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty
im out

Administrator
03-06-10, 21:27
nice car lad

shines14
03-06-10, 21:29
nice car lad

i concur.....

geordier1
03-06-10, 23:18
1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty
7)gem, ps, rude not to as its around the corner
8)geordie ,s14.5,

mick
04-06-10, 12:37
think its about two in the afternoon, cant remember though, she wants us to do a lap thing of the town, but gaurds want tax and insurance so dunno if well bother doin that, might be a bit gay aswel.... were in the program on www.roundirelandsailfest.ie havent astually looked at that site yet to be honest, but were in there somewhere!

mick
04-06-10, 12:39
ah, were in for twelve, and as far as i know its all afternoon.....

mick
04-06-10, 12:41
putting jay down aswel, and si, i asume theyll be coming

1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty
8)jay, beemer and 180.
9)si, broken cam baahaa

gem-s13
04-06-10, 12:44
what can we do mick and ware????

mick
04-06-10, 14:18
dunno, well have to see how it al pans out

Dan Byrne
04-06-10, 14:53
I'll be down for a snoop but the 15 is staying under her blanket at home!!

Newsome
04-06-10, 16:18
Ill try get the day off work for it.

1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty
8)jay, beemer and 180.
9)si, broken cam baahaa
10)Derek s14a
11)Geordie s14.5

Geordie went missing along the line so i stuck him back in.;)

Mick K
04-06-10, 16:21
Is this worth going down for a look or will it be a small enough space confined to diffing

Administrator
04-06-10, 17:06
Is this worth going down for a look or will it be a small enough space confined to diffing

I'm gonna hoop my coupe

Mick K
04-06-10, 17:08
Ye think thats what it'll be? If it was a big enough area I'd make the trek

gem-s13
04-06-10, 23:28
if its only going to be rings and burn outs im not going

mick
05-06-10, 11:31
its not rings and burnouts no way! they asked if we wanted to do that but i sed no action is better than diffing action, if the actual drifting goes ahead itll be round a big sweeping bend at the end oa big pier. round these two silos (obviosly the ship wont be there...) and through the building, its a big sweeping corner like. not sure if the actual drifting bit is gonna happen anymore, theyve got a bit windy about insurance. but the static display should be sweet!
http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/63/163/7/64/93/419976493DkPWtE_th.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1419976493011144738DkPWtE)

Simon
05-06-10, 13:46
sounds cool, i reckon the static show will be cool, there is no way im sliding my road car in public display infront of loada localish gardas.... thats a no no for me. thats if my car is working baahaha

Dan Byrne
05-06-10, 16:07
sounds cool, i reckon the static show will be cool, there is no way im sliding my road car in public display infront of loada localish gardas.... thats a no no for me. thats if my car is working baahaha

Static display should suit you lovely Si!! Harsh, I know. !!!!!

mr-scones
08-06-10, 18:46
whats the story with this??? any pic of this pier

mick
08-06-10, 18:54
theres a pic about three posts up.

story is static display and lots of other stuff goin on durin the day, actual drifting is looking unlikely due to watery insurance stuff. should be a fun dayout whatever happens and probly a night out after aswel.

gem-s13
08-06-10, 20:05
i think you would be better off forgetting about the whloe thing as there is no 1 actual drift car on the list above the only cars on it are road cars if that is the case you may as well send the garda a txt and tell them to call down and take note of all the reg numbers as they will clearly no after this who does all the streeto around the county

gem-s13
08-06-10, 20:06
.1)mick, binliner
2)tim, hairdryer
3)pete, ceff
4)greg, chaser thing
5)romo, pandeighty
7),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
8)jay, beemer and 180.
9)si, broken cam baahaa
10)Derek s14a
11)Geordie s14.5

mick
08-06-10, 20:30
bring your car then! dont think that will be the case, i thing it wil be a good thing for drift ireland and for drifting in general as a lot of the general public have no idea what it is, will be good to show that were not a bunch of scumbags. I plan to have a monitor set up with footage of a few events and shit to give people an idea.

id love to see a few more competition cars there! so get your names down.

if people that are gonna participate have any questions, fire away, also if anyone has any concerns fire away also.

if yiz are jus gonna complain an spam, leave it out!

thats not aimed at you specifically gemgem hunny by the way

mick
12-06-10, 18:08
right! bump it up there lads, this is on next sunday and should be a fun day, its only a static display now but if anyone else fancies coming along stick yer names down, would be cool to get a couple o competition cars down!!

mick
13-06-10, 19:22
right, everythings finalized now, and were al set. its on saturday, (they had to change the scedule of things for some reason) and the location has been changed to the gaol courtyard in the centre of the town. surf simulator machine, nixon in the monster truck, and other stuff in the same courtyard goin on aswel so should be a bit of a laugh! weathers set to be good aswel.

Jimmy
14-06-10, 10:41
This sounds like a bitta craic, il buzz down :D

mick
14-06-10, 13:42
oh yea, if yas could be there from about 12 ish thatd be sound!

mick
18-06-10, 14:50
right, feckin dopes have chaged venue again! so were back to the black castle....

see ye there round twelve or so tomorow!

if anyone wants any more info give me a buzz on 087-8269380

bubble1984
19-06-10, 00:04
would like to enter my comp car into this as d black castle only rite beside me house, unortunately i keep me car down in waterford so a bit much hassle to get it up 4 a display. would hav liked to enter tho. :(