PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift Rd 2 Afterthoughts

Mick K
30-05-10, 18:33
Excellent weekend of drifting.

Some great weather.

Dedication of the weekend to Donal Garry,Some work went into putting the Hachi right and when he did he drove excellent,(Still needs an SR:p)

Some major upsets in results,I wouldnt question much judging only with Alan and Gavin,Is Alan not allowed enter at a slower speed should he wish?He didnt seem to be on the breaks more less welly and Gavin mowed him? I'd have deemed that Gavin at fault but maybe someone could explain it better.

Gavin drove the best I'd ever seen him drive ever but I'd defo have ruled in Alans favour.

Nigel was very deserving of the win,Safe and Steady wins the race,Very good drive.

The team event type thing needs work on organising,Could keep the crowd a little more informed maybe.

Also the PA system was awful,Was around where entry was and couldnt hear a thing of what the judges were saying although in one sense it was a gift as I couldnt hear Gibbons.

What about Barry Leonard on Saturday,I think blue cars are the way forward for him,Changing his name to angles I heard???

Good to meet the DI lads too,I do exist:o
Greg can vouch for it with the tequila:rolleyes:

Overall it was a far better event than Fermoy just if they could fill the gaps and stop with the delays:(

Roll on CW.

git
30-05-10, 18:40
defo an improvement on fermoy by a mile ha ,train thing was cool and different ,p.a. system was muck if i had to ask the mot once more what he said she was gona thump me ha !.......i was also near the entry section burnt alive had a great day by far carpos yoke nicest looking car skiding ,best driver i though was james deane his mammy looked very proud of him she was up and down that fence like a huar's knickers with nerves :D ! ,well im guessing its her ,with her nexen gear on !!!other than that good laugh ,had a chat with nixon thats it really didnt know the rest of yez to say hi my bad ...............hope eveyone enjoyed it :)

Mick K
30-05-10, 18:42
Christys car is the nicest Drift car in Europe Imo!!

James Mammy was beside me most of the day,Poor woman was a wreck with nerves,Thought he drove great up until he had what I can only assume was grip issues,Not often James makes a booboo

ste
30-05-10, 18:44
agree with ya mick, the judging between alan and gavin was a sham... the judges said they cant see round corners to see wat happened between alan and gavin,yet could see james deane gettin pushed by other drivers when he ran outta juice like wtf??????

overall great days driftin micheal swans one to watch i reckon he drove very well.. i like the driftjam idea, seein the nothern ireland lads has me wanting to go watch udc they were very impressive...

likin the new commentator he gives bit more info bout the cars power,engine etc which is good for newcomers to the prodrift events

off topic- Mr balls i fuckin love the 81 looks amazing...

Stevo
30-05-10, 18:46
Ah was a gud weekend all round for drifting :cool: only bad bit (was'nt there today) was that absolute cock on saturday doing the scratching of the finest shit dance tunes of the mid 90's never thought id hear bobby fuckin joe in 2010 :o:o was fair annoying, sorry if your on here but fuck your muck :rolleyes:

ste
30-05-10, 18:48
sorry if your on here but fuck your muck :rolleyes:

driftirelands quote of the day lol

Greg
30-05-10, 18:50
Epic weekends drifting. Sinnot was on fire from Friday on and only for the weirdness in his runs against Gavin he would have won the the whole thing.

The team drift thing was quite simply the most exciting bit of driving I've witnessed ever. Team DI were flying and the Monster cans were a cool touch. I was hoping Gem would come back in and cream it off the barrier, but unfortunately he didn't hear the commentator. The northy boys were nothing short of epic and deserved the win.

Unfortunately things dragged on a good bit at the end with all the omt's, and DJ Danny was a bit crap. We need commentators that know what they're talking about.

Emm... ya.. savage weekend. Roll on CityWest. :)

Mick K
30-05-10, 18:51
Yeah Ste our Swanny/R Bobby could be a contender,We went over his mistakes of Saturday yesterday eve and He went out this morn and drove completly different,Everything is new for him from suspension to power and turbo,Great result considering his first drive of the car was 12.30 on Friday!

Chirs Brady is some unit in a car,Man on fire!Some driver and car!

DJ Danny Dee I think was the new guy,Seems cool,Took the time to walk the pits and speak to the drivers,Says alot about him.

git
30-05-10, 18:52

James Mammy was beside me most of the day,Poor woman was a wreck with nerves,Thought he drove great up until he had what I can only assume was grip issues,Not often James makes a booboo

that you in the black tshirt ?????????????? :eek:

Mick K
30-05-10, 18:53
Small fella,Bout 4ft:) Shades and Timberlands:)

git
30-05-10, 18:56
Small fella,Bout 4ft:) Shades and Timberlands:)

what are the chances of that ! i was the 6ft handsome bastard behind ya :) grey vans hoody with the motser sitn rite behind you . . . . . . yet so far away :D hahahaha xx

Mick K
30-05-10, 18:58
lol,Should have came over for the banter and the givin out !

git
30-05-10, 19:01
lol,Should have came over for the banter and the givin out !

didnt know it was you ! ah sure loads of time for hellos ha hope ya enjoyed the day :)

DaveM-sport
30-05-10, 19:24
Brilliant weekend!
Was annoyed I couldn't get up on Friday to see the practice as it seemed like great craic although be better if I had a fecking car ready to do it myself:rolleyes:

Saturday was good too and was surprised there was such a good turn out as usually there is only the few that go just to see people they know drifting.

Today went very well even if it dragged on abit with re-runs.
The team drifting was class and the NI team really got it right with the two abreast entries. Reckon the team drifting is definitely the little bit extra needed for events as nothing will keeptje attention of the crowd of 4 cars or so coming into the first corner inches away from eachother.

Reckon James Deane was driving the best today and should have won if Sinnot didn't seem to have a problem with a sticky brake caliper or somehing along those lines for a few battles!

Prodrifter86
30-05-10, 19:25
great day today! got sum lovely DI stickers and we had the RC cars out aswell! was talking to Peter T but didnt get to talk to anyelse!

so heres my thoughts on the event :

GIBBONS has to go! the other amercian/northen lad or watever was a funny cunt! but gibbons is great for videos but thats all !we were trying our best to get people clapping at the first turn on the entry and it kind of worked!!

gavin lenihan was on fire and great drive there!
james deane was doing very well but get spinning maybe a fault with suspension ???? it seemed like something like that but i dont no!

colfer went well but 1 of the battles i disagreed with the judges but i cant feckin remember who he was up against! all i no is that colfer straightent alot on the first left hander!

but other than that a savage day and lads some of the DI cars were yummy! haha

the team event was a great idea! and GEM-S13 was in fine form where i was standing and lovely car! and the northern team was on it big time!

Moose
30-05-10, 19:50
i was only able to make it yesterday unfortunatly, thought it was a vgud day,
lucky the weather held up, fun track to drive, nice entry
Thought their was a nice turn out for it,
Imo i think they should have a bit o commentry on the sat aswell, think it would do good for the saturday crowds,

Cezeli
30-05-10, 20:09
Today was my first day at Prodrift and i though Punchestown was a great venue. First corner was excellent to watch.

The NI boys put on a great show it has to be said in the Team battle.

I really really enjoyed it - cant say too much about the judging as im so new to the sport.

Should have a video completed in a day or two :)

Roll on the next one!

oh and special thanks to those drivers that allowed me to mount the camera on the car at various stages of the day!

Mick K
30-05-10, 20:11
I actually didnt show credit to the NI guys,To Chris and the guys,Very well done on the display,Crazy action and pulled off very well!Some amount of cylinders on your team:D

gem-s13
30-05-10, 20:15
Epic weekends drifting. Sinnot was on fire from Friday on and only for the weirdness in his runs against Gavin he would have won the the whole thing.

The team drift thing was quite simply the most exciting bit of driving I've witnessed ever. Team DI were flying and the Monster cans were a cool touch. I was hoping Gem would come back in and cream it off the barrier, but unfortunately he didn't hear the commentator. The northy boys were nothing short of epic and deserved the win.

Unfortunately things dragged on a good bit at the end with all the omt's, and DJ Danny was a bit crap. We need commentators that know what they're talking about.

Emm... ya.. savage weekend. Roll on CityWest. :)

ha ha well feck it anyway i was only told afterwards that they wanted me to i would have done it if i had new!!

Aidan Hogan
30-05-10, 20:18
ha ha well feck it anyway i was only told afterwards that they wanted me to i would have done it if i had new!!

gem your some pilot fair play,have a video here of you and the rest of the lads going mad,ill post it up when it decides to start working for me !!

Fredericks Balls
30-05-10, 20:29
Last drift event I attended was Satruday of Punchestown last year which I didnt like at all.

The day started shit for me cos the 3 hour drive consisted of 5 breakdowns :mad: but got there but I wasnt arsed with cleaning the banger properly, id have happily dumped it outside! I was just glad it didnt stop going in or out of the venue... :(

Shame I didnt see Chuck and the Chaser, did he run much? I think Pete said he was out but for how long/did what he wasnt sure

Team battles were the best part of the day, the D.I. team were deadly, consistant and pretty close considering its a new thing. The NI team were just epic, absolutely savage.

One thing which pissed me off (apart from the total lack of organisation in terms of the commentators not having a clue what was happening) was not knowing when a battle was starting. Even a simple fog horn when the cars left the line so we knew when they were hitting the corner, missed the sinnott/lenihan clash mainly because I wasnt looking. Once the battles got going though, in fairness it ran pretty well

Otherwise a good day, got sunburnt, the burgers were nice and saw some sweet cars and meet some people I never met before!

Greg, your stickers are cool, sorry I forgot to say that!

Carpo's S15
Ste's R34
k1984w's 180SX
MikeFitz S13
Coolest cars there IMHO

Thanks for having my car on the Drift Ireland stand guys, even if there wasnt room :D

ste
30-05-10, 20:32
mr balls your car was gettin some attention.....:)

Mick K
30-05-10, 20:32
Good to see ye again Kieran!

Administrator
30-05-10, 20:38
Epic weekeeeeeeend! Biiiiiiig well done to our very own Jay Rockett on his first proper day out in the 180 bringing us home some silverware! :D

Great to meet a few new faces and see a few cars in the metal!

And a fooking huge thanks to every one who helped out over the weekend, you know who you are ;)

Fredericks Balls
30-05-10, 20:51
mr balls your car was gettin some attention.....:)

I had two offers to buy it! Herself was going mad. "just fuckin sell it, it will just keep breaking down anyway" lol

Good to see ye again Kieran!

Yea you too man, for about 2 secs ha!

jap scrap
30-05-10, 20:56
Savage weekend just home now and i am gone since 6 friday morning. way better event this one i think the slander from the last event payed off the team thing was class i did not see the croud get that excited since morris was around have to say the northern boys looked savage. Some of the judging today was a bit gash i still think they need to be split up with no radio contact. What happened with alan and gavin was when they were going towards the first corner side by side alan pulled forward about half a car length and alan swong his car in front of gavin nearly taking the front off his car there was impact due to this and both cars span out.

damo86
30-05-10, 21:00
good weekend had there, left friday at 7 and just back with a burnt face....:mad:

mick k is real :D

Rob_BZR
30-05-10, 21:01

You must have been fairly nearby to myself and Baz 180 so then! Great day of drifting today i thought. Not very often you see Deane spin out, not sure what was goin on with the car there because he was putting serious pressure on when following up until then. The team drifting needs to be kept just some more practice is needed. The Northy boys were pretty savage at it :D

Mick K
30-05-10, 21:06
good weekend had there, left friday at 7 and just back with a burnt face....:mad:

mick k is real :D
Tis True,Quiet fella me:o

You must have been fairly nearby to myself and Baz 180 so then! Great day of drifting today i thought. Not very often you see Deane spin out, not sure what was goin on with the car there because he was putting serious pressure on when following up until then. The team drifting needs to be kept just some more practice is needed. The Northy boys were pretty savage at it :D

Was there most of the day lad,Black teeshirt and shades

Greg
30-05-10, 21:11
Savage weekend just home now and i am gone since 6 friday morning. way better event this one i think the slander from the last event payed off the team thing was class i did not see the croud get that excited since morris was around have to say the northern boys looked savage. Some of the judging today was a bit gash i still think they need to be split up with no radio contact. What happened with alan and gavin was when they were going towards the first corner side by side alan pulled forward about half a car length and alan swong his car in front of gavin nearly taking the front off his car there was impact due to this and both cars span out.

Only realising now from your avatar that it's yourself who was driving the sexy S14.5. It looked well out on track.

chrisbrady325
30-05-10, 21:13
I actually didnt show credit to the NI guys,To Chris and the guys,Very well done on the display,Crazy action and pulled off very well!Some amount of cylinders on your team:D

was great fun i have to say wish we got a few more runs at it to perfect it but went pretty well for no practice.. mite i just add I am From the south lol people always think i live in the north.. i just drift there;) deffo will do another round of prodrift.. maybe CW?? just gettin the hang of how its all run and im over the moon didnt expect to make it too sunday never mind qualify in the top 16 this morning.. could have done better if make tire's didnt rip to pieces.. ah well i'll know for next time..

james deane in my eyes should have won today serious talent this lad has.. would love a run in the twins with him sumtime:D weather was class all weekend and the late nite sessions wer serious craic!

geordier1
30-05-10, 21:17
Was only there for an hour or so yesterday so didnt see a whole lot,was there with the di crew today,had a good laugh with all the lads...

the judgeing on some of the runs was pure shit,especially with the whole gavin and alan thing,they decide that gavin was at fault so alan was 10-0 up and then after the second run they decide too change there minds and run the whole thing again...what a load of crap,thats like giving a 6-4 score and then when the runs are finished they change there minds and say it was a 5-5.... not very fair really now!!!!!!!!!

Sinnot did not look impressed at all and i agree with him completely,he was running really well today and probably would have won...

Team drift event was good but needs some more organisation,like 3 runs instead of 2,the 1st been a farmilerisation run and then 2 scored runs....

Was a good day other than that and well done to nigel

jap scrap
30-05-10, 21:23
Only realising now from your avatar that it's yourself who was driving the sexy S14.5. It looked well out on track.

Cheers lad what were you driving your self was i chatting to you

SUPER 180
30-05-10, 21:24
Soo wen is city west on???

Baz_180
30-05-10, 21:29
Was there most of the day lad,Black teeshirt and shades

Jesus we were right beside you mick about two feet away to your right if I knew it was you would have said hello. I get you in CW :)

Great day today the level of drift is getting better and more consistent with every event. Thought James Deane was excellent following today was putting on serious pressure on everyone. Nigel Colfer is just a serious tidy drifter and the car looks unreal in the flesh! Fair play to Gavin he was on top form today!

jap scrap
30-05-10, 21:32
Small video robbed from driftworks of the northern lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDPMvmXSrUs

Chuck_g
30-05-10, 21:41
Shame I didnt see Chuck and the Chaser, did he run much? I think Pete said he was out but for how long/did what he wasnt sure

You should be happy you didnt...........;), the problems started before i even arrived, continued on all day, had no practice, finally got the car going for Qualifying but with boost/power problems it just seemed undrivable/controllable. Also the no practice didnt help me. So not a good day for me, but enjoyed watching the others, Wez n his backward entrys, chris brady, that fooking fast skyline etc........

How did Danny do commentating?? Had a chat with him yesterday, sound guy!

meego1
30-05-10, 21:41
great wkend irelands first 3day drift event, definitly no signs of recession on friday, place was packed. skill levels on the saturday was high for the 32 spots very luckey to grab one,just need more twin experience now and was last blast in the liner for me. the team drift excellent to watch, team N.I destroyed all, they shud hav let em run again.

chris brady it wont be the last we see of you, serious driving all wkend, swanie is one too watch definitly, gavin lenihan very agressive wel done, james deane shud hav went thru he destroyed colfer and the most amazing twining ud see anywhere, sinnot smoke machine, colfer took de win fair play, not gone on new commentator hard to make him out judgen was fairly spot on otherwise great day overall:)

Mick K
30-05-10, 21:43
Swanies up and comin alright Meego;)
Liner looked awesome with the lines you pulled lad

chrisbrady325
30-05-10, 21:51
meego you's lads wer goin well!! was good to meet up wit ye's hopefully see you's soon again!

meego1
30-05-10, 21:52
Swanies up and comin alright Meego;)
Liner looked awesome with the lines you pulled lad

cheers mick, im big fan of swanie max attack style he s liable to do anything, im sorry to part wid the liner shes a good aul yoke to go, back to the sr for me:(

Mick K
30-05-10, 21:52
Jaysus lads did ye see Robbie Daly,Hes some boy,Was flyin on Saturday,Some Go in that car!

markII-90
30-05-10, 21:53
Anyone got any pics or vids from friday??

Chuck_g
30-05-10, 21:53
Jaysus lads did ye see Robbie Daly,Hes some boy,Was flyin on Saturday,Some Go in that car!

Which car?? Not the green/blue liner??

damo86
30-05-10, 21:55
white 13 sponsered by jap performance

meego1
30-05-10, 21:58

bob junior was flying alrte lol, very unluckey not to qualify, cant get the gremlins out of that car:mad:

rich20
30-05-10, 22:00
Good weekend i agree with not knowing when cars were coming and missing them..was there fri + sat wit my car wasnt pulling great, miss fire, cracked manifold and need spacers on rack keept locking the steering on full lock=spin spin spin first event tho so get it sorted for next time:D if anyone was there friday and seen D.Healy????????? That lad is SAVAGE talent prob done some the best runs I seen all weekend ????????????

dR Dan
30-05-10, 22:10
Pretty Awesome weekend IMO....

Cant comment on any of the judging because i couldnt see it from where i was but the re run of the Alan v Gavin battle was the fairest decision that could be made in the circumstances....

Delighted the weather held off and at times was nervous watching some of those entries... Soooooo fast!!

Huge congrats to Nigel... Delighted for ya!

On a social point of view unfortunately Nixon ropped me into Time but had a SERIOUS nite... Met a few people here by a food stand Bt cant remember who :) Hahaha twas some laff!!!

Roll on City west i said!!!

Oh and my 2 fav drivers of the day Chris Brady and Donal Garry....

Super stuff from everyone involved!

Jay Rockett
30-05-10, 22:22
WOW!! What a weekend!

It started by not sleeping on thursday night finishing off the 180 (thanks again Willis!!) and straight upto the DriftJam to see how it drives!

Was a bit hairy and all over the place on friday but by the end of the weekend i got more and more comfortable with the car and managed to get 1st place in Amatuers in my first ever PD competition!

The Team Comp was a great idea and attracted alot of attention, team N.I were unreal, fair play to ya's!

Myself and Gem tried smashing monster cans off the barriers with our team but only ended up smacking the cars, ha!

Great weekend, great weather and great turnout.. And thanks to all that tagged the bonnet at the di stand, its going up on the wall in the HQ!

Big congrats to Nigel on the win, and to James Deane for an unreal performance!

Roll on City West!!!

barryl
30-05-10, 22:24
Pretty Awesome weekend IMO....

Cant comment on any of the judging because i couldnt see it from where i was but the re run of the Alan v Gavin battle was the fairest decision that could be made in the circumstances....

Delighted the weather held off and at times was nervous watching some of those entries... Soooooo fast!!

Huge congrats to Nigel... Delighted for ya!

On a social point of view unfortunately Nixon ropped me into Time but had a SERIOUS nite... Met a few people here by a food stand Bt cant remember who :) Hahaha twas some laff!!!

Roll on City west i said!!!

Oh and my 2 fav drivers of the day Chris Brady and Donal Garry....

Super stuff from everyone involved!

thats bullshit dan
cant be hit from behind.
non contact sport.
leadin driver sets the pace,second driver shadows.
END OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

dR Dan
30-05-10, 22:27
thats bullshit dan
cant be hit from behind.
non contact sport.

Im not going into an argument here dude.... There was a reason for the contact.... Spectators couldnt see that as it was before the cars came into visability.

kennethmurph
30-05-10, 22:33
did any1 take a red jack from the pits on friday???

Funnyonion
30-05-10, 22:35
Thought it went off well drifting woz top drawer....

barryl
30-05-10, 22:40
Im not going into an argument here dude.... There was a reason for the contact.... Spectators couldnt see that as it was before the cars came into visability.

plz do explain ted! or pm me

sean s14
30-05-10, 22:41
well done to every one today great driving by every one think the judgin was a bit funny but any way. also well done to alan tird place aint bad:)

Larry L
30-05-10, 22:45
What a weekend!!! Yeah def chris ye'll have to come down more often, not afraid to rub dat wall:) Entry speeds was just class.... Lovely track lay out:)

danmoorhead
30-05-10, 22:50
to be honest i was disappointed with most of sat and sunday!!!! for a start der was only a commentator on the sat for about 10mins after dat nothin!! no one knew wat was goin on who had gone tru, who the drivers wer nothin!! and to be fair there wer so may drivers on sat i belive every single one deserves a blow up of some sort on the mic!!! as for judging i felt tru out sat they wer very fair and der was a couple of hard calls but most were easy enough!!!

thats bullshit dan
cant be hit from behind.
non contact sport.

as for today it was al over the place i felt alan was utter and totally robbed as barry said above lead car sets the pace and its up to the second car to fall behind if the second car fails to do so which seems to be what is been implied then it was gavins fault plain and simple!!!! its not a race to the finsh line one car leads one car follows!!! the judges had no idea wat way to call it all they wanted was the easiest way out not carein who got the shaft as long as they got less agro for it!! and der was at least one more call after this for a run it again when der was already a clear victor of the battle!!!

sean s14
30-05-10, 22:53
Well said dan:D

bnollie
30-05-10, 22:59
Was a great day of drifting
Imo Sinnott was should have won super lap his entry was backwards thats what we want to see.
Fair play to Carpo though
Gem you lunatic very nice driving balls to the wall stuff,
Quad drifting what genius.Who came up with that? Hope they keep it for CW
Unreal stuff by the Northern lads
Love the DI stand a mass of cable ties and cracked bumpers go on ye lunatics
Judges didnt do a bad job few questionable calls especially as said Sinnott being hit from behind but shit happens
Well deserved win for Colfer car looks sick lad
Also Fair play to John Paul McCarty great work to get the car out for round 2 and to Donal Garry unreal dedication to have the car back out and driving well

dR Dan
30-05-10, 23:00
Ok... Firstly the judges cant see the main straight and its the same with Mondello so they realli hugely on the 2 marshalls at the start line for keeping them informed on any events....

Coming down the main straight gavins nose was edgeding alondside alans quarter as was the case with 90 per cent of the top 16 battles with drivers making big straightline entries....

In this case as they were about to initiate alan drastically fired the car rite leaving Gavin stuck to a barrier (not actualli hitting it but certainly greatly impeding his entry pretty much causing the spin)...

When looking back at previous entry speeds this particular run was pretty slow.. Making it look bad for Alan, Almost like he was sandbagging as they say.... Now before i get abuse im not saying alan was it just coulda seemed that way....

After talking to Alan after he said he was having problems getting grip off the line so maybe thats why he didn get up to the usual speed...

Now while the big delay occured where the judges were trying to get all the info and make a call i made an error... Having been told the track was clear another message came over the radio which i mistakingly thought said release the cars... So i released them on their 2nd run... This run was not counted as the judges were still deciding and as the cars finished they came to their conclussion...

Basically to run them again as they couldnt see and going by third party info they had to make a call....

I had no say in this, I just gave them the facts of what happened ... There was also a number of drivers at the 1st bend and their opinions were asked and of the 12 or so they were split 50-50 and who was wrong and rite so then the judges made their call....

All im doing here is giving the facts so now ye can draw ye'r own conclussions...

I think it was a hard call to make to be honest and dont really no whether twas rite r wrong...

Stevo
30-05-10, 23:06
to be honest i was disappointed with most of sat and sunday!!!! for a start der was only a commentator on the sat for about 10mins after dat nothin!! no one knew wat was goin on who had gone tru, who the drivers wer nothin!! and to be fair there wer so may drivers on sat i belive every single one deserves a blow up of some sort on the mic!!!

Agree 100% ted, if you did'nt know the car/driver ya had no idea who it was, also nobody knew who went through on saturday due to no commentator which was a pitty... Friday/saturday was fair sweet other than the above :)

Aidan Hogan
30-05-10, 23:07
What I thought the worst thing for the judges to do to sinnott today was when the 2 lads were infront of the judges stand and they got the crowd to cheer for who they should put through and when they said sinnott the place let out the biggest shout of the day , sinnott was clearly delighted with himself as you could see him smiling from a mile off but then the judges turned back on their word and made them go again . All of us felt awful bad for alan at this point as that was a horrible thing to do. If they were gonna run it again , grand , just do it , dont make it a big deal that the crowd are gonna cheer for who goes through then go back on their word. That really pissed me off and everyone around us about the judges !!

barryl
30-05-10, 23:08
Ok... Firstly the judges cant see the main straight and its the same with Mondello so they realli hugely on the 2 marshalls at the start line for keeping them informed on any events....

Coming down the main straight gavins nose was edgeding alondside alans quarter as was the case with 90 per cent of the top 16 battles with drivers making big straightline entries....

In this case as they were about to initiate alan drastically fired the car rite leaving Gavin stuck to a barrier (not actualli hitting it but certainly greatly impeding his entry pretty much causing the spin)...

When looking back at previous entry speeds this particular run was pretty slow.. Making it look bad for Alan, Almost like he was sandbagging as they say.... Now before i get abuse im not saying alan was it just coulda seemed that way....

After talking to Alan after he said he was having problems getting grip off the line so maybe thats why he didn get up to the usual speed...

Now while the big delay occured where the judges were trying to get all the info and make a call i made an error... Having been told the track was clear another message came over the radio which i mistakingly thought said release the cars... So i released them on their 2nd run... This run was not counted as the judges were still deciding and as the cars finished they came to their conclussion...

Basically to run them again as they couldnt see and going by third party info they had to make a call....

I had no say in this, I just gave them the facts of what happened ... There was also a number of drivers at the 1st bend and their opinions were asked and of the 12 or so they were split 50-50 and who was wrong and rite so then the judges made their call....

All im doing here is giving the facts so now ye can draw ye'r own conclussions...

I think it was a hard call to make to be honest and dont really no whether twas rite r wrong...

fair play dan!
would luv see some footage.
cmon peeps,surely someone has a clip for us!

tbk
30-05-10, 23:47
Fucking locko saturday.... commentator was shiiiiite! Would have liked to know who went through at least!

Sunday was the job! bigger crowd but some questionable judging

Aidan Hogan
30-05-10, 23:49
fair play dan!
would luv see some footage.
cmon peeps,surely someone has a clip for us!

I recorded 53 videos today , have basically every round except a few in the middle where I stopped for a break :p
Also have the trains including the di one.
Will post them up in the morning when photobucket decides to start working for me again.
Had a pretty windy and cold at times view but it was pretty good (on a metal box attached to a trailer :cool:)

alan180sx
31-05-10, 00:03
great weekend so glad i travelled up for sat and sunday. soe quality driftin.
nigel was so deserving of the win gavin drove great all weekend althought the incident wit alan had me confused didnt no who was rite or wrong

the drivers i taught wer outstanding were

larry love that guy has serious talent he was unreal

gavin lenihan was solid all weekend

nigey. wat can b said he gets better an better everytime my yoyos on him to win the championship

Frankae86
31-05-10, 07:26
First off it was an truley EXCELLENT weekend from start to finish!

I think the afterthought thread of Fermoy must have given PD some idea's and fair play for trying them and improving the event.

My car went faultless all weekend so im happy, not 100% happy with my driving and grip is one issue i have.

Its hard to pick on form drivers the weekend because there were so many
Chris Brady really impressed me as i never saw him before, great driver!
Larry Love saturday especailly had some of the best runs of the weekend
Barry Leonard super result, well deserved.

Delighted for Nigel on the win, keep up the good work

The thing that makes the drift events so enjoyable imo is the friendly nature of the competitors, everyone just wants to have the craic and help eachother out which is brilliant to see.

Cant wait for Citywest

bart
31-05-10, 07:46
heard there was serious action in the hotel rooms aswell:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

yowdy
31-05-10, 07:55
i have to say realy enjoyed saterday,,geat banter with the lads,, congrats to barry well deserved on fire all day,, chis brady i though was a very agressive diver on the exit cone all day,, also a huge to the lads running the justjap on the cars franky, kev, chucky, dan,, nice to see it out there,,jay man fair play pushin so hard fist day out,, roll on citywest ill have the 13 out fingers crossed

Mick K
31-05-10, 10:13
thats bullshit dan
cant be hit from behind.
non contact sport.
Exactly my take on it!!!

Is this ProDrift's official word on it from a starting marshall judging it or just your opinion Dan? Genuine question

heard there was serious action in the hotel rooms aswell:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:cool:

PeterT
31-05-10, 10:54
Some weekend! Got an hours sleep thursday, was up on fri for driftjam and was there till the end on sunday!

Well done to Jay for taking home some silverness in his first event!

I dont know how its still going on, but what the f*ck is the story with the lack of organisation up on the PD judging tower?? A few times i found myself shouting out 'get on with it' as myself and ALOT of others around were getting bored of 1 minute drifting 10 minutes talking absolutebolox. At least let us know why theres a delay? Sunday evenening was shocking for it realy, i just couldnt wait for it to be finished so we could stop listening to them on the pa system.

Team drift event just SHOWS how things are getting too tame/boring in regualr events, as the crowd the team drifting even pulled was insane! EVERYBODY in the place was up against the barriers! Fair play to all of the teams, in fairnes everyone was trying hard! I think it should seriously be a catagory in future as it was seriously exciting!

Mick k, despite a photo of him not existing and him being a dick on here : ,hes actualy a real person and a good man to have a chat with! ha

PeterT
31-05-10, 10:57
Actualy one more thing regarding certain websites 'models'...they should let them eat. horrible!

Mick K
31-05-10, 11:02
Actualy one more thing regarding certain websites 'models'...they should let them eat. horrible!

yes,We discussed this,Big dinners for the moths FTW in future

damo86
31-05-10, 11:30
ha ha thats what i said too bacon and cabbage for the girls

Greg
31-05-10, 11:36
Jaysus. Imagine the farts after that. They'd probably smell like the inside of your van did yesterday Damo ya durty bollix!!!

ontherack
31-05-10, 11:53
I was only there on Saturday, the organisation of the amateur and non-seeded class seemed poor. They couldn't halve the number of competitors into two groups at all, instead had like 30% of the competitors in one ground and 70% in the other, with the same time allocated for both groups. So group one got 3 times as many laps.

The lack of commentary on Saturday is also a huge loss, nobody has any idea what is going on. I also think the after each qualifying run the score should be given, maybe on a screen at the back of the judge tower, or else announced. They have it typed into the laptop, so not hard to show it on a screen somewhere for people to see!

Would be better for the crowd and would give people a good idea of how people are performing. If they need help putting a system in place to do it, I help out with it wouldn't be too hard.

And from the way its run with huge delays, I can not see how Citywest with two rounds held in one weekend will work!!!

bart
31-05-10, 11:56
And from the way its run with huge delays, I can not see how Citywest with two rounds held in one weekend will work!!!

ive a feeling that this is just going to be a pure nightmare... :o

wezwkd
31-05-10, 12:17
Saturday ran smoothly I think & great to see such a huge entry. Was a pity to have no commentry. Its a simple thing to organise & would have been nice for the croud to know who & what was going on. From a drivers point of view it would be great to have had a cone on the tear drop to see where your clipping point is. It got pushed off to the side at one stage & there is remained for the afternoon.

Sunday
I firstly have a massive issue with the Lenihan v Sinnott decision. First of all it is always said to us that it is a NON CONTACT SPORT. Cars are to start a battle side by side to a certain point (cone) where one car leads and the other falls behind to follow. The following car is to mirror the lead car.

Coming down the main straight gavins nose was edgeding alondside alans quarte

Should he not have been behind Alan.

First of all its up the the lead driver to take what line he likes and the following driver should adapt to the lead drivers entry speed. Gavin should not have been beside Alan in the first place. He was in the total incorrect position for initiation and the marks can be seen on Alans front wing & we all saw his front bumper falling off. Contact from following driver. 10 Nil simple.

The judges gave a 10 nil decision & then because of complaints the decide to rerun it all over again. Sher if we look hard enough we will find pros & cons in every run. Does that mean we are gonna rerun them all again just because one party is not happy.

Another very unfair decision I felt was the 2nd last battle between James & Nigel. Both drivers were really on form & made for fantastic drifting but on James following run he was literally inches from Nigels car on almost every part of the run. Nigel following was text book drifting but clearly not as close as James. How that is deemed a rerun I dont know. Even Kieran Hynes made the judgement in favour of James & Kieran is a harsh judge.

Ive seen drifting all over the world & its not often you see a chase car so close for the whole run without contact.

Im not taking sides by my comments or trying to get at anybody Im only giving my opinion on my understanding of the rules & what I saw. Lets see who agrees or not.

Fair play & well done to Nigel for the win.
Its a pity the weekend ended up with as much tension & controversy.

Oh & train drifting FTW :)

wezwkd
31-05-10, 12:19
They couldn't halve the number of competitors into two groups at all, instead had like 30% of the competitors in one ground and 70% in the other, with the same time allocated for both groups. So group one got 3 times as many laps.

Thats because 75% of the competitors didnt bother their arse to be ready on track at 9am for the first group.

ontherack
31-05-10, 12:24
There was a que of cars waiting to go out in the first group and weren't left out, as they said they was enough in the first group!

barryl
31-05-10, 12:27
I recorded 53 videos today , have basically every round except a few in the middle where I stopped for a break :p
Also have the trains including the di one.
Will post them up in the morning when photobucket decides to start working for me again.
Had a pretty windy and cold at times view but it was pretty good (on a metal box attached to a trailer :cool:)

would luv see few my runs from sat if anyone has some:D

Aidan Hogan
31-05-10, 12:28
Saturday ran smoothly I think & great to see such a huge entry. Was a pity to have no commentry. Its a simple thing to organise & would have been nice for the croud to know who & what was going on. From a drivers point of view it would be great to have had a cone on the tear drop to see where your clipping point is. It got pushed off to the side at one stage & there is remained for the afternoon.

Sunday
I firstly have a massive issue with the Lenihan v Sinnott decision. First of all it is always said to us that it is a NON CONTACT SPORT. Cars are to start a battle side by side to a certain point (cone) where one car leads and the other falls behind to follow. The following car is to mirror the lead car.

First of all its up the the lead driver to take what line he likes and the following driver should adapt to the lead drivers entry speed. Gavin should not have been beside Alan in the first place. He was in the total incorrect position for initiation and the marks can be seen on Alans front wing & we all saw his front bumper falling off. Contact from following driver. 10 Nil simple.

The judges gave a 10 nil decision & then because of complaints the decide to rerun it all over again. Sher if we look hard enough we will find pros & cons in every run. Does that mean we are gonna rerun them all again just because one party is not happy.

Another very unfair decision I felt was the 2nd last battle between James & Nigel. Both drivers were really on form & made for fantastic drifting but on James following run he was literally inches from Nigels car on almost every part of the run. Nigel following was text book drifting but clearly not as close as James. How that is deemed a rerun I dont know. Even Kieran Hynes made the judgement in favour of James & Kieran is a harsh judge.

Ive seen drifting all over the world & its not often you see a chase car so close for the whole run without contact.

Im not taking sides by my comments or trying to get at anybody Im only giving my opinion on my understanding of the rules & what I saw. Lets see who agrees or not.

Perfectly well said ;)

wezwkd
There was a que of cars waiting to go out in the first group and weren't left out, as they said they was enough in the first group!

At 9am when I was on track there was approx 10 to 15 cars on the start line. They would have had to stop the runs every 3 or 4 runs to keep letting cars out as lads arrived. Start time was 9am and thats when it was to be divided 50 50. If it looked unfair it was nobodys fault only the drivers.

Aidan Hogan

was only there sunday sorry

yowdy
31-05-10, 12:32
well said wez,, the way i see it is the following driver is ment to mirror the leader as close as possable not get into a position where he cannot hold pace or make contact due to a change of position fom the leaded,, hard done by alan after bn on fire all weeknd

ontherack
31-05-10, 12:32
Yes it was divided 50 50 at that time, so half were left out and then the original second half who were on time was expanded to take those that came late! They know how many cars would be there, I was at media sign on and they asked the gate how many cars to expect!

Fredericks Balls
31-05-10, 12:34

I totally agree with you. Not to take anything from Nigel he was brilliant and in fairness very consistant IMO which I think let others down but I couldn't believe when they called omt again James was so close the whole time chasing. But the judges came back on and explained why but that makes no sense to me.

Maybe this is where not being at enough events let's me down. The chase car has to mirror the lead car. But then they seemed to award the second chase car better if instead of mirroring the car just got the qualifying clipping points. From watching yesterday it's really a case of one or the other and I'd have though seeing the drivers as close as possible like James was is more entertaining to watch?

Maybe I'm wrong and if so my bad! Just my 2 cents worth....

grimix180
31-05-10, 12:36
was a great wknd dennis healy proved how much of a huge loss he is to the sport was unreal jamie russel was on fire up till he blew his box some good action on sat taut the non seed standard was poor apart from a few drivers who were flyin it taut sunday was a great day team drift was savage and team ni made the day awesome fair play to chris brady really showed us wat he can do i think james deane was robbed he clearly bet colfer and was made run again and i think the alan and gavin thing was handled well by just startin again james runnin outta petrol was a bit unusual lol. had great fun doin a bit of panelbeatin on friday with duct tape and cable ties lol

<Shane>
31-05-10, 12:53
Pissed off now I couldn't make it. Been the first one in a long time that I missed. Sounds like it was good!

dR Dan
31-05-10, 12:57
Is this ProDrift's official word on it from a starting marshall judging it or just your opinion Dan? Genuine question

Firstly anything i say on here is my opinion and not that of Prodrifts unless i state otherwise..

However as 1 of the 2 marshalls at the startline and being 1 of only a few people who saw the incident 1st hand i just gave the exact details of what happened..

As i said im not saying its right or wrong i just felt if there was going to be an argument id inform everyone of exactly what happened..

Id like to think i get on well with all drivers, Especially the pro as they'v been around awhile so i dont take sides in this kinda thing..
Me and Alan had a good chat at the end and he knows this too..

Like i said Wez i honestly dont know whos right or wrong and im not even going into it to be honest...

Just giving the facts dude...

Thats because 75% of the competitors didnt bother their arse to be ready on track at 9am for the first group.

Agree 100 per cent... I was at the line for 9 and there was only a handfull of drivers... If youv to keep stopping it to leave more cars up it can become a safety issue as lets say if it kept happenin and i missed 1 and released the cars there could be a huge chance of a head on just on initiation.

Most drivers are pretty good and the likes of Wez, finbarr and so on are always there raring to go but u'l always have the stragglers holding everyone else up.

1jsoarer
31-05-10, 13:00
@ pddan, suggest to the pd crew ta get a big screen for scores and entrys for city west!!;)

ontherack
31-05-10, 13:04
@ pddan, suggest to the pd crew ta get a big screen for scores and entrys for city west!!;)

Agree can't see why it hasn't been done here before, and will only make it more exciting to watch, as you get know exactly whats going on. I m sure it not too hard to do and have a few ideas on how it could be done easy enough. I will help with it if they want

Amy G
31-05-10, 13:17
Agree can't see why it hasn't been done here before, and will only make it more exciting to watch, as you get know exactly whats going on. I m sure it not too hard to do and have a few ideas on how it could be done easy enough. I will help with it if they want

It costs money thats why they don't have one! :(

ontherack
31-05-10, 13:19
It wouldn't have to be a huge screen, something like a 19" screen would do, like 100 euro. I would nearly even loan them a screen if they would do it! Place it at the back of the judges' tower pointing down. They could also just announce over the PA system they already have, surely that would be grand, and use a screen at th back with the scores of the last few or the top scores so far, kinda like the D1 qualifying league table.

damo86
31-05-10, 13:19
you can hire them out for peanuts these days same as the ones on the motorways

Prodrifter86
31-05-10, 13:35

very good idea! would help alot!

Prodrifter86
31-05-10, 13:36

yeah defo lad! some of them were a disgrace!

Prodrifter86
31-05-10, 13:42

Sunday

totally agree with u there wez on the two bad decisions

it was obvious that alan wasnt at fault and should have been run again

james deane was on nigels arse on that run! but hey at the end of the day we can do fuk all about the stupid judges decisions!

kieran hynes was on the ball on that run !

i seriously think 1 or 2 judges should go and bring two new judges for a round !

MikeFitz
31-05-10, 13:42

Here here, even though Nigel was driving perfectly all day and was definately driving well enough to win, from where I was down at the corner it looked like James was stuck to his back bumper for the most of the 2 runs and very slightly pulled away from him when leading. Maybe I missed something because we were down near the start line.
In general I thought it was a good weekend, pity about the controversy. Even though I was standing there, I didnt see what happened between gavin and alan s because I was looking out towards the track when it happened, but maybe it shows that theres a need for a rule from the start line until initiation at tracks where space is tight? This track is unique too because the further to the right you are, the more of a hump you come over, which in turn throws you further to the left when you're coming down off it, which didnt help in the battle in question. It was just a situation which hopefully will never arise again, and if we learn a lesson from it, it wont.
As for the train drifting, oh my god! That was the coolest thing ive ever seen ha ha! Everyone loved it! Hopefully we can make it a regular feature at events! :D I was stopped at the corner waiting to go out for the parade and all the lads coming back from the train looked like soldiers coming from a battle, they all had the thousand yard stare! :eek:
Id just like to say thanks to shane, holly, trevor, jules, sean, and everyone else for changing the box on my car in under an hour to get us back out for the top 16, legends!
And Christys and Nigels cars are both unbelievable.
Bring on CW! :)

Aidan Hogan
31-05-10, 13:48
I found the hardest video to record was after the trains were done and everyone just came back out and went mental !!
Hadn't a clue which way to point the camera :eek:

Mick K
31-05-10, 14:18
It costs money thats why they don't have one! :(

To be fair Amy they take so much out and put nothing back into events,Simple thing as a guy on a mic on a saturday and a decent screen for scoring is very badly needed,How many €20 went through the gate yesterday and they cant afford a screen for 2 days????

Aidan Hogan
31-05-10, 14:20
I would have much rathered watch more of the trains for the day for €20
Thank god we had a bbq (even though health and safety didn't agree) cause hearing how much that chipper was was just unbelievable !!

ontherack
31-05-10, 14:26
Something like this would even do http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/16_MONITOR/03_MONITOR/productdetails/15584874/Samsung_SyncMaster_923NW_LCD_display_TFT_19_/LS19HANKSH_EDC/default.aspx

cheaper monitors can b got, or a little more and you can get a lot bigger!

And announce it as well. By letting people know how they are getting on through qualifying and so on, it would create an atmosphere. I m sure on the FD stream during qualifying if they weren't giving the score it would making it boring, cause it would just look like practice!

G. Sweeney
31-05-10, 14:36
was great fun i have to say wish we got a few more runs at it to perfect it but went pretty well for no practice.. mite i just add I am From the south lol people always think i live in the north.. i just drift there;) deffo will do another round of prodrift.. maybe CW?? just gettin the hang of how its all run and im over the moon didnt expect to make it too sunday never mind qualify in the top 16 this morning.. could have done better if make tire's didnt rip to pieces.. ah well i'll know for next time..

james deane in my eyes should have won today serious talent this lad has.. would love a run in the twins with him sumtime:D weather was class all weekend and the late nite sessions wer serious craic!

Me too i'm not frm d north either haha!!! Thanks 2 d lads for lettin me do d train with dem it woz mental , Best crack i've ever had :D
Quote Chris at d start line: Don't me afraid to trade paint dats wat its all bout haha ,, wat a lunatic :)

Well done 2 brian cotter also drove well all weekend!!
Also 2 larry he woz on fire all weekend great driver!!

james woz unlucky in d end thought he shud hav won nd his entry 2 super lap woz unbelievable , practically backwards :D
Well done 2 nigel on d win!!!

SAVAGE WEEKEND!!
Roll in city west :D

Cezeli
31-05-10, 17:04
My video of Sundays action!

http://driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=8110

paddymcgrath
31-05-10, 17:06

Don't worry dude, keep an eye on Speedhunters tonight for shots of the first can getting explodinated off the barrier :)

Stevo
31-05-10, 17:32
My video of Sundays action!

http://driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=8110

Savage job man :cool:

Cezeli
31-05-10, 17:57
Savage job man :cool:

cheers dude :)

James Deane RX7
31-05-10, 20:17
Overall I thought the weekend was Awsome, nice weather, big crowd and I have to say Serious Driving from Everyone!!!! Never was at a pd event before that every driver was really really pushing hard... :eek:

Well done to Larry Love who was on it all weekend and qualified 2nd in super lap and was delighted for Martin O Meara aswell for doing a 'super' Super lap run...And of course to Nigel for the win..Well deserved.

And as for the Judging I cant really comment because i didnt see all the battles cause i was mostly at the start line...Roll on City West!

richy
31-05-10, 20:30
You should've won James, no need for 1,000 OMT's, best driver on the day by miles.
The judges, well two of them, need to sprout a pair of stones and make a decision on a close run instead of running and running until someone makes a big obvious mistake.

sarhsPD
31-05-10, 22:00
The Team Drift was a new initiative that was tried out to see how the crowd reacted, and it proved to be one of the highlights of the day. Fair play to all the teams especially the Team Northern Ireland loonies, you all put on a great show and fingers crossed we can fit it in the manic weekend that will be Citywest.

The comments about Saturday having poor organisation are a bit unfair as Wez and the lads have said, drivers come in drips and drabs throughout the day. Thats neither their fault nor PD's as a lot of drivers have a substantial distance to travel. Track delays are also inevitable when the entry field consists of 67 cars on Saturday and 22 on Sunday. The start line and track marshalls have a lot of work to do to get cars lined up and ready to rock.

Danny D was very nervous on Saturday as he has never commentated at a drift event before, but I thought he did very very well on Sunday. He did a lot of research on Saturday night into all the competitors and made every effort to speak to a lot of the drivers on Sunday. :)

The low point of the weekend for me was the fingers to the tower following the Alan and Gavin situation. Highly nasty stuff even though I know they were not necessarily directed at me. Understandably certain people were upset following the decision to re-run the battle but that sort of reaction is nothing I have ever been on the end of at PD events before, and hopefully one I wont see again.:confused: Especially as usually everyone really seems to get along and have the laugh both at the event and afterwards.

From my view, Gavin, James, Nige and Alan were all on form all day, some crazy drifting was on show. And big up to Larry and Chris Brady.. flying it all day Saturday and were great to watch on Sunday. Some great battles were had and thankfully the weather held up.. :)

Cant wait for Citywest!

damo86
31-05-10, 22:07
good essay :p

gem-s13
31-05-10, 22:20
Don't worry dude, keep an eye on Speedhunters tonight for shots of the first can getting explodinated off the barrier :)

seen that lad:eek: cheers for putting me on it!:D

paddys great work:
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/05/31/event-gt-gt-prodrift-ireland-rd-2.aspx

sarhsPD
31-05-10, 22:30
good essay :p

Haha yeah it seems to be the trend..:p

ste
31-05-10, 22:33
Haha yeah it seems to be the trend..:p

good answer :)

SRray
31-05-10, 22:45
First of all I dont want to be seen to be putting a negative spin on the round that was Punchestown but Im sorry I felt it was more bad than good.It was a great venue as always and the weather perfect for high speed drift action.

1.Commentors were awful,uneducated in mechanical terms,lack of communication with PD crew on the ground,some silly N.I remarks that were kinda risque in my opinion,I know DannyD was trying but by 5.30 sunday I was glad not to have to listen to himself and Gibbons anymore:p

2.Judging,as long as Iv knowing what drifting was and is ment to be I always thought the lead car was to set off at his pace,his level of intenseity in regard of angle,early/late iniation and its up to the chase car to mirror there lines/moves??:confused:

3.At €20(1day)a head the event is seriously not as good value as some UK events for example JDM Allstars is £15 for a weekend ticket,32 top drivers,top judges,well organised,no shite show cars and best of all massive crowd interaction!!
We need to get the buzz that exsisted in drifting in Ireland two or more years ago back,crowds going mental,drivers getting off on knowing the crowd was wanting more,that just is not happening,crowds booing judges says it all really!:mad:

4.I have to say the DriftIreland guys had a cool,laid back set up,I like:D
wished I could have made it over for a chat but well done Jay and Gem ye did yourselves proud:cool:

5.Thought the UDC lads were unreal,Brady and Barnett(light blue Procars 180sx)some awesome driving cant wait to see them again

6.Big respect to the competing drivers who drove so well over the weekend,with limited sponsership out there its not easy and these guys gave it there all out there,I didnt see anyone not trying hard,100% f*ck it whatever happens happens driving,which is cool!!:D

So on a whole great drifting and drivers gave it there all but the organisers are letting the scene down in my opinion

PeterT
31-05-10, 22:50
4.I have to say the DriftIreland guys had a cool,laid back set up,I like:D
wished I could have made it over for a chat but well done Jay and Gem ye did yourselves proud:cool:

Thats what we aim for, its more fun that way than being all serious:D

SRray
31-05-10, 22:53
Thats what we aim for, its more fun that way than being all serious:D

maybe PD should take a leaf outa DI's book!:D

Jay Rockett
31-05-10, 22:56

Hahahah!:D

PeterT
31-05-10, 22:57

A few of is tried shouting at the PD tower a few times, dont think they heard though:D:D

SRray
31-05-10, 23:02
A few of is tried shouting at the PD tower a few times, dont think they heard though:D:D

good on ye anyways!!:D
keep irish drifting fun!:D

Jay Rockett
31-05-10, 23:11
Team-Trains definetly make it more fun, sunday was one of the best days of Irish drifting i'v ever witnessed!

Maybe a little too many "Run em again" though!

Administrator
31-05-10, 23:13
good on ye anyways!!:D
keep irish drifting fun!:D

Cheers for that Ray!

Just to add to what Ray and a few others have said, in my eyes the drivers seem to be progressing from strength to strength, the scene is evolving rapidly, but our events and organisation are lagging somewhat behind. Fans, members and drivers alike on here have suggested countless times that changes need to be made and it's still not really happening is it?

I'm not sure if Prodrift staff really take the time to take onboard what is said on here but I think it's high time that they did before it's too late. Make City West one to remember, new venue - new attitude - new thinking, before the fans and drivers lose heart

PeterT
31-05-10, 23:13
Team-Trains definetly make it more fun, sunday was one of the best days of Irish drifting i'v ever witnessed!

yeh, the trains were seriously good! i was so disapointed when they said it was over :( only went on for like 10 mins. going through the day after with all the run them agains and waiting around i was just dying to leave and get home...mega bored tbh!

SRray
31-05-10, 23:14

deafo agree with the run em agains Jay,some could have been done and dusted a bit quicker

Doofer
31-05-10, 23:15
[QUOTE=richy;117521]You should've won James, no need for 1,000 OMT's, best driver on the day by miles.

I wouldnt agree at all, James Deane is a serious talent dont get me wrong, but i dont believe he was the best driver of the day, Nigel Colfer was imo by far the most consistent driver of the day and the weekend.. James had a couple of spins and went off course once or twice, and i know a lot of that was down to different things like bein low on fuel and doing sumtin like 8 or 9 consecutive runs one after another on the same set of tyres, but at the end of the day..... It was the same for the two drivers. Nigel did the same amount of runs with him and i dont think i seen Nigel spin once, or straighten badly, in that match with james or over the hole weekend.. from what i can remeber anyway... I think Nigel deserved the win 100%.He didnt put a foot wrong anywhere... And plus the 6 cylinder sounds absolutely Deadly... Especially when its passin your nose at 14,500rpm sideways. Ha! Well done to all drivers.. Its easy for me to pick out james deane for goin off course twice out of all the great runs he done but im well aware how talented he is aswel as the other drivers and the fact is if i tried doin a run at that entry speed id have the poor RX7 on its roof in beside the crowd, so im just sayin it the way i seen it.. And Gibbons was painful to listen to

moons657
31-05-10, 23:17
savage day out and yea the DI stand was serious lads.was over trying to get the shiny stickers off yas but you's were out of them:(
love techno's car.serious hachi man
daraghs 180.love it man.i want your wheels:p
all the cars on the DI stand were deadly:)

Administrator
31-05-10, 23:20
Just going to throw this out there too, I did actually think James deserved the win after the first OMT. He was on Nigel's door throughout his chase run and Nigel, while chasing wasn't as close to James. I heard some people then saying, 'ah sure James can't always win' etc.. Why not?! If he can drive like that consistantly he is the man to beat and every other driver will have to up their game again to beat him.

Mick K
31-05-10, 23:22
Would prob agree on that score Dar!

Tekno Twinky
31-05-10, 23:29
james deane should have won it.Looked to me like he lost interest after the decision to re run them hence spinning out a few times then..nigels friving was epic still, but james was stuck to him on the chase an he well pulled away on the lead run.

Shouldnt have been re-ran.

donal should have got a mos' bals out award

-jus seen posts above now im clearly not on my own here..PD judgeing fails

richy
31-05-10, 23:29
That's my point exactly, James was practically stuck to him when he was shadowing, run after run. On that merit, he should've won. No need for any OMT's in the final, in my humble opinion and from my epic vantage point atop the driftkits van!

EvojeepGal
31-05-10, 23:49
Was happy to be back in Ireland after missing the last couple of events last year, and Fermoy.
Apart from actually planning ahead and having the car running well on thurs eve, got to start line fri, revved it and stupid thing was spluttering, onto the trailer and straight back to Xtreme Autos to sort for sat, thankfully it was just the air flow meter acting up, made some adjustments and back to Dublin.

THanks to Shane O'Sullivan for lending me an AFM for qualifying etc (And Damien Short for letting me try his one to be sure first) :)

Thank god sat was unorganised as it gave us plenty of time to sort various issues between mine, my bro's and mates cars! I appologise for continueously goin thru the pits looking for spares!

Was happy with my entry speeds too on sat and even happier tat i qualified considering still having issues, handed the battle over on a few different things but was expecting this anyway.

Cars gone into therapy now and ive my own form for a week in the sun coming soon! So should have no excuses for Citywest with the car messing me up again :D

nixon001
31-05-10, 23:58
Well folks on the back of an absolutely epic weekend this part is hugely important! The feedback after the events is always taken on board and i personally take the time to read through this thread and take any notes which i feel would benefit the series.

Firstly-Everyone can see that PD are making a huge effort to increase fan interaction and evolve along with the scene by introducing team drifting, passenger rides etc. So i dont think some of the harsher comments are justified..

Im not a judge so i have no opinion on any of the calls made but i respect the guys decisions..

In my opinion, i think we need to shake this 'Fight the Power' attitude towards PD. PD isnt some massive corporate company that laughs all the way to the bank after each event. Where would the drifting scene in Ireland be without PD?? Diffing comps in carparks organised by ae86irl?? When Rosegreen closed down it was a major kick in the teeth to the drift scene in Ireland and PD are the only people who went out and found us new tracks and kept the scene alive! Many others have tried and failed but PD have lasted and its only for one reason, the absolute love of the sport!!

People don't realise that by coming on here after each event and bad mouthing the whole thing there just killing the sport and the friendly atmosphere that we have worked so hard to create in Ireland.

If people have a genuine suggestion or idea thats brilliant, but out right putting down the series will get us nowhere.

Im in the D.I HQ every night, if anyone has an idea or suggestion to better the series please come and talk to me, or pm me.

The weekend just gone proves that an effort is being made to push the scene, all constructive criticism is welcome but there's no point in abuse! Everyones help is needed to create the drift scene that we all want so lets work together rather than trying to pull it apart!

PeterT
01-06-10, 00:04
Oh yes actualy also, bins, why is there none?!

Aidan Hogan
01-06-10, 00:07
Well folks on the back of an absolutely epic weekend this part is hugely important! The feedback after the events is always taken on board and i personally take the time to read through this thread and take any notes which i feel would benefit the series.

Firstly-Everyone can see that PD are making a huge effort to increase fan interaction and evolve along with the scene by introducing team drifting, passenger rides etc. So i dont think some of the harsher comments are justified..

Im not a judge so i have no opinion on any of the calls made but i respect the guys decisions..

In my opinion, i think we need to shake this 'Fight the Power' attitude towards PD. PD isnt some massive corporate company that laughs all the way to the bank after each event. Where would the drifting scene in Ireland be without PD?? Diffing comps in carparks organised by ae86irl?? When Rosegreen closed down it was a major kick in the teeth to the drift scene in Ireland and PD are the only people who went out and found us new tracks and kept the scene alive! Many others have tried and failed but PD have lasted and its only for one reason, the absolute love of the sport!!

People don't realise that by coming on here after each event and bad mouthing the whole thing there just killing the sport and the friendly atmosphere that we have worked so hard to create in Ireland.

If people have a genuine suggestion or idea thats brilliant, but out right putting down the series will get us nowhere.

Im in the D.I HQ every night, if anyone has an idea or suggestion to better the series please come and talk to me, or pm me.

The weekend just gone proves that an effort is being made to push the scene, all constructive criticism is welcome but there's no point in abuse! Everyones help is needed to create the drift scene that we all want so lets work together rather than trying to pull it apart!

Nicely said .
On another note : what have you done to that poor van ?? :eek:
You were killing us with the fumes when you were moving it from beside us !!

Mick K
01-06-10, 00:13
Danni didnt make one comparison to the UK? WTF? Can someone check IP address's to make sure its the same one its always been?

Administrator
01-06-10, 00:16

Well said dude.

I don't think there's much grievences with PD as a brand, company or organiser to be honest but the issues repeatedly outlined in judging, PA, commentators etc are cropping up all too often in aftermath threads I feel. What better way to be able to work on these than to have the fans spell out what they're not happy

nixon001
01-06-10, 00:16
Nicely said .

tell me about it! some fucker drove it through a flood, hydraulic lock=bent conrod=fucked van!!!

DARRAGH- Just going to throw this out there too, I did actually think James deserved the win after the first OMT. He was on Nigel's door throughout his chase run and Nigel, while chasing wasn't as close to James. I heard some people then saying, 'ah sure James can't always win' etc.. Why not?! If he can drive like that consistantly he is the man to beat and every other driver will have to up their game again to beat him.

MICK K-Would prob agree on that score Dar!

Not trying to start any arguements but is it not yourself mick who was accusing pd of being corrupt because its always the same winners???

Jay Rockett
01-06-10, 00:18

Filled it with Monster!

Well said Nixon.. I think people should start making points on what they feel needs to be done, in order to stop the critisim that goes on, constantly after every event!

PD are making a big effort to keep fans entertained and the Team-Train idea worked! Keep idea's like that going for sure!

Another thing i feel that needs to be done is having a timetable printed out, for competitors at least.. No one knew what was happening all day sat, and most of sunday unless the commentator announced it, it would defo help speed things up as competitors would be ready!

Mick K
01-06-10, 00:22
No not so much Aaron this year as opposed to last,I felt certain events results were laid out for some people,Not limiting that to either series last year just to note.

I thought with James and Nigel after James laid down a run and Nigel couldnt shadow it that the run was deserving of James. Not discrediting Nigel,He drove well and consistent all weekend just with regard to that run I felt there was no need for OMT!

Judging in PD needs a huge shake up! It needs to be 3 seperate judging angles and no communication between judges,Just my take on it!

Administrator
01-06-10, 00:22
...PD are making a big effort to keep fans entertained and the Team-Train idea worked! Keep idea's like that going for sure!..

Should have mentioned that too myself! Team train idea was genious in fairness, testiment to PD's thinking outside the box attitude methinks! Keep the interval acts coming, *cough* extreme entry comps *cough* :D

Famous jh
01-06-10, 00:24
*cough* extreme entry comps *cough* :D

I second that....! Driving like Aussies FTW :D

nixon001
01-06-10, 00:24
Well said dude.

I don't think there's much grievences with PD as a brand, company or organiser to be honest but the issues repeatedly outlined in judging, PA, commentators etc are cropping up all too often in aftermath threads I feel. What better way to be able to work on these than to have the fans spell out what they're not happy

I understand that dude and its all good but progress is a slow process and i think its fair to say that its getting better, or at least new things are being tried anyway, introduction of a new commentator, more crowd interaction etc etc

Administrator
01-06-10, 00:27
I understand that dude and its all good but progress is a slow process and i think its fair to say that its getting better, or at least new things are being tried anyway, introduction of a new commentator, more crowd interaction etc etc

Yep Rome wasn't built in a day and all that for sure! Long live Prodrift, without them we'd have sweet fuck all, and nothing to give out about :D

nixon001
01-06-10, 00:28
im thinking i might get an auld meeting going one night soon down in the D.I hq, anyone with an opinion is welcome amd wel brainstorm a few realistic ideas...

tea nd biscuits for all!!

Mick K
01-06-10, 00:29
im thinking i might get an auld meeting going one night soon down in the D.I hq, anyone with an opinion is welcome amd wel brainstorm a few realistic ideas...

I'd honestly be well up for that and I'll bring drivers!
If that suits you??

Famous jh
01-06-10, 00:31
If that suits you??

Where and when :cool:

nixon001
01-06-10, 00:32
If that suits you??

Yup no sweat!

Im gonna get onto this tomorrow and organise something for the next week or two!!

Mick K
01-06-10, 00:33
Maybe 2 weeks be ideal! Mid week!
If thats good for everyone else of course,

PeterT
01-06-10, 00:36
That would be a good idea alrite. sat or sunday week?

edit: just noticed mick says mid week, suppose whichever suits more!

Mick K
01-06-10, 00:36
Midweek only for me Petey T

gem-s13
01-06-10, 00:52

you may put the kettle on now if its to boil on time!! peice of crap!!lol

a few things have been said that i agree with i did motorcross racing for nearly 6 years the orgainisation in it is very good, i think pd shold look at other sports in this country and see how they run i no motox is diffrant but this is how we did it you got givin a program when you go to sign on in the morn all spectators were given one as they came in the gate a simple bit of paper on it it had all the entered riders names, licence numbers, sponsers, bikes, ages (this is not only handy for the spectators as the comintators could do with it at times) a timetable of events
8.30-9.00 sign on
8.45-10.00 scrutiny (not when you are on the way to practice)
10.00-11.00 group A practice
11.00-12.00 group B practice
and so on very simple!! then people would not find them self asking whats happining now???? or running around because they see a car from there groupe out on track and there was no announcement to say go to the line and so on!

this is a simple idea i no it does be planned and there is a timetable done up but it is not given to the drivers only to the event staff,

but my number 1 thing that needs to be done is GET RID OF THAT MUPPET GIBBENS he is an embassment to the sport he has no clue what a car is so haow can he comment on how it is being driven!!

thegosson
01-06-10, 06:54
a proper P.A. system (sound system) is needed at these events in order to get any interaction with the crowd. i also work for a P.A. hire company called M.G. Audio and could help get this sorted out. The sound needs to be evenly spread out along the track and each stack properly time delayed, not just squawking out of the judges stand, even as far as down to the drivers who are queuing up, to let them know whats going on. Screens too, as mentioned by many could be sorted without any hassle by M.G. Audio. something to think about and look into, would make a huge difference to the atmosphere at the events. its as simple as, if people are having fun they will come back.

SRray
01-06-10, 07:34
Id be up for a meet to air some views on this.Im not going after PD on some witch hunt either I just think they have some issues to sort out,they are easily sorted too for the future of the sport and future of crowd support because without crowd support you have no driver support and no driver support you will have no sport at all.Also we need the people who have been there from day1 to air their views of the way things are now.

Fredericks Balls
01-06-10, 07:36
**oh yea, the last PD event I was at was Punchestown last year, and this was a big improvement. As said above, its a great event, but just needs some improvement to make it even better**

From a spectators point of view, we have no idea what is happening. So our only way of know what's going on is by listening to the commentators. But when they dont know then that gets frustrating. Before some of the events were to start they were saying stuff like:

"well it should start now at a quarter to so just a few minutes, although it will probably be ten or fifteen more because we are running late haha so about five past"
So i go to the jacks and come back and ive missed the start :confused:

I, and from what I could gather too most people around me had no idea at all when the runs were starting. Again neither did the commentators.

The Judges, well two of them, were very tame in making judgements, there seemed like a lot of OMT's that probably didnt need to be run. They also seemed to change their minds quite a bit depending on what other judges said which makes no sense.

Dont get me wrong, im not having a dig here, just making points. OMT's are great, and id have been happy to see, for instance, Colfer and Dean OMT 45 times because it was great to watch, but in the fairness of the sport you have to also be fair to the lads too. They are the guys paying the big bucks to put on the show.

IMHO Prodrift needs:

A timetable. Visable at certain points so drivers and spectators know whats going on. But not a decorative one, they need to stick to it.

I agree a screen for the judges would be an advantage

Some sort of fog horn/light system visable/audable to the spectators to alert them a run has just started. And by the looks of it to inform the Judges too.

I thought the commentators were ok but neither guys had a clue about drifting itself. Maybe it would be better to have one clued up commentator. Kind of like in F1, you have one guy to talk shite, and the other to give some informed opinions, which is great.

I thought the judging was a bit all over the place, in the super lap the guys were being fairly critical in a good way but come the battles a lot of the time they seemed a little bit afraid to make a decision.

€20 entry is top money, for any motorsport event in Ireland. I dont for a second think that Prodrift were down the local AIB unloading the tipper full of cash yesterday but at the same time it lacks some basic features that pretty much all other Motorsport events in Ireland would feature.

As previouisly said, City West is a new venture for them, it would be great to see them step up the running too.

EvojeepGal
01-06-10, 14:35
Another thing i feel that needs to be done is having a timetable printed out, for competitors at least.. No one knew what was happening all day sat, and most of sunday unless the commentator announced it, it would defo help speed things up as competitors would be ready!

Didn't they usually have timetables printed? Serious lack of communication for drivers.
Fridays practise was a joke (thankfully my car broke pre so dint sit there all day) No offence to non PD drivers but WTF, they had an hour tothemselves, 8/9cars? When competitors in the amount if 50 odd had to share an hour also where most only got 3 laps throughout the whole day!! What a waste of €50.

If organised proper there should have been a continuous lane or even seperate into more groups so everyone could make full use of their time, instead of waiting 2hours between laps.

Yes it was a great event but god someone is seriously lacking in organisational skills even at this stage, how many years later??
I can easily compare a lot of things but surely if other organisations can manage, why can't PD, especially a it's one of the oldest Championships in Europe?

For crowd interaction, u need funny commentators, not serious, the odd laugh and talkin a lot of bollix! Along with general banter and discussions about runs the way the average person would chat about it, give out bout drivers wen they fuk up, have the banter and change of tone every now and then instead of a boring same toned voice all along, boring!

Stevo
01-06-10, 14:39
Didn't they usually have timetables printed? Serious lack of communication for drivers.
Fridays practise was a joke (thankfully my car broke pre so dint sit there all day) No offence to non PD drivers but WTF, they had an hour tothemselves, 8/9cars? When competitors in the amount if 50 odd had to share an hour also where most only got 3 laps throughout the whole day!! What a waste of €50.

If organised proper there should have been a continuous lane or even seperate into more groups so everyone could make full use of their time, instead of waiting 2hours between laps.

The non PD drivers ponyed up €100 to do the practice day and i seen all the cars alot more than 3 times;)

EvojeepGal
01-06-10, 14:39
*Removed post*

Mick K
01-06-10, 14:43
Did they treat Polo poorly? Was he OK,Will he pull through?
Does he need a cuddle?

Can someone have Aidan organise a cuddle for whoever it was?

Also this is a handy link...
http://www.samaritans.org/

EvojeepGal
01-06-10, 14:43
The non PD drivers ponyed up €100 to do the practice day and i seen all the cars alot more than 3 times;)

If I had've had a working car I would have had to pay €100 to be in the PD group, I can assure u I wouldn't have been happy if I did participate for 3 laps.
Of the amount of drivers I spoke to throughout the weekend I didn't come across one who had more than 3/4 laps after been there all day. And not one happy either with the track time they got, I must have just come across the unhappy ones all wk end!

Mick K
01-06-10, 14:45
Also to note any driver that competed over the weekend had only forked out 50quid for the friday and had alot more runs than 3,Thought it was great value,I didnt hear one guy complain,Although in saying that their cars were running all day!

EvojeepGal
01-06-10, 14:45
Did they treat Polo poorly? Was he OK,Will he pull through?
Does he need a cuddle?

Can someone have Aidan organise a cuddle for whoever it was?

Also this is a handy link...
http://www.samaritans.org/

What actually is ur problem?:rolleyes:

Stevo
01-06-10, 14:52

hmmmm you and your silly statements, ur car was'nt capable of running friday so why are you giving out, your the first and id say the ONLY one giving out about the track time friday, the non PD streeto lads payed twice what you payed and have'nt heard anyone say not enough track time last weekend:rolleyes:
If letting the streeto lads out encourages even 1 which it has to compete in PD its done the job in my eyes:cool:

Stevo
01-06-10, 14:54
Stop editing danni:rolleyes: I never heard 1 driver say anything about track time all weekend!!

Mick K
01-06-10, 14:57
Stop with the horseshite and I'll stop!
90% of your posts are UK related,Again,Nobody gives a fook! If the UK is so great what the hell did you come back for?

Stop editing danni:rolleyes: I never heard 1 driver say anything about track time all weekend!!

Nobody complained over the weekend on tracktime with regard to friday!

EvojeepGal
01-06-10, 15:06
your the first and id say the ONLY one giving out about the track time friday, the non PD streeto lads payed twice what you payed and have'nt heard anyone say not enough track time last weekend:rolleyes:

Read what I wrote IF I participated fri it would have cost ME €100 not €50 like PD drivers. I'm not complaining about the track time as it didn't effect me, I'm only passing on what I was told by various other drivers.

I'm on a gay iPhone hence the edits to correct fuk ups on spelling etc ;)

Stop with the horseshite and I'll stop!
90% of your posts are UK related,Again,Nobody gives a fook! If the UK is so great what the hell did you come back for?

Nobody complained over the weekend on tracktime with regard to friday!

Oh sorry being in the UK so much must be making me scenile and imagine things, oh and make them up, I do appologise
sincerely Mick for passin on some "made up horseshit" I must have been dreaming :rolleyes:

I've not singly compared the UK in this tread regarding organising etc, I quoted "other organisations" maybe if u started competing and viewed the world you might understand the constructive critisism I make ;)

Comparing notes and ideas isn't a bad thing, at the end of the day all drivers want is to know the plan/timetable for the day, drive as much as possible and not have any bullshit.

Everything on here is taken on board, so why is there still major delays thru the days, none if the drivers no wots goin on and most important the crowd are still bored and frustrated at shit PA systems and shitier commentators...??

Mick K
01-06-10, 15:11
Ye ever sit back and think back to Saturday and wonder why nobody would give you a Z32?
Yeah,Thats what I thought too.
Dont forget when Your finished with the UK you'll have to come back to shitty and behind the times Ireland again yeah.

Thats the last of it,Moving swiftly on and away from this.

Roll on CW!

EvojeepGal
01-06-10, 15:23
And what has that got to do with me making an opinion just like u, I'm sorry if people frown upon me because I'm competing in the UK, what u want me to say to that?!

If people are that interested in my business, including u by the sounds if it every time I make a comment, well then I actually feel sorry for you.
I'm not appologising for trying to do well at a sport and competing over seas, which has gained me some sponsorship this year, I've nothing to appologise nor be sorry for :)

bart
01-06-10, 16:40
i think what everyone is fed up is that you just keep on relating back to the UK danni...
if we all gave a shit what they do. we'd be over there doing it...
prob is better run over there..
but no matter how much we give out about PD we'll all still be at the next event...
i'm sick of everyone on here giving out the whole time..
wez said the most sense thing on this..
if people were on time and that.. there be more track time..
this is also PD 1st drift practice day before an event.
so cut them slack too..
when they seen it wasnt working fri they changed it around and it went well..
i know everyones comments will be going back to PD..
so i just hope they can change it a little for city west...
does anyone know if city west is fri sat and sunday???

sarhsPD
01-06-10, 17:27
i think what everyone is fed up is that you just keep on relating back to the UK danni...
if we all gave a shit what they do. we'd be over there doing it...
prob is better run over there..
but no matter how much we give out about PD we'll all still be at the next event...
i'm sick of everyone on here giving out the whole time..
wez said the most sense thing on this..
if people were on time and that.. there be more track time..
this is also PD 1st drift practice day before an event.
so cut them slack too..
when they seen it wasnt working fri they changed it around and it went well..
i know everyones comments will be going back to PD..
so i just hope they can change it a little for city west...
does anyone know if city west is fri sat and sunday???

Well said! :)

Again the issue with Friday is drivers arriving at different times, and again that is no ones fault as its an open practice day so you can come whenever you choose.

Didn't hear much complaining Friday once the whole situation got sorted, any driver I chatted to was happy out with getting extra time on track before Saturdays qualifying...

Polo
01-06-10, 18:06
Love the bitching in this thread:D
I thoght it was only over here all this shit went on!!:rolleyes:

Tbh, i only have two things to add what i thoght needed improving on, but lets not let them detract away from the fact that it was a good event with some good drifting!!

As a spectator the PA was shite and the comentry was boring.
IMO is it Fozzy? on the mike and a better PA would sort that.

I spoke to a few drivers asking them when is this hapening or when have you got to bla bla?? not one had a clue what was going on at any time.
Simple time table and sticking to it will make things run alot more smoother and free up more track time.

On a pluss note it was the only drift event iv ever been too where i thoght the judging was spot on and i didnt disagree with a single call!

Frankae86
01-06-10, 18:06
I think there is was too much undeserved criticism towards PD
Every event is getting better and better.

Last year i didnt like the fact that we were told to be at the track for 8am and did absolutley nothing for 2 hours but wait for other drivers or whatever.
This year things are moving faster and we have a bit more practice (i still think this could be improved even more)

Most of the criticism is coming from people that were'nt driving, i thought they did an excellent job and i really enjoyed the weekend.

Cooldrft
01-06-10, 18:25
I didn't get to the track till 4:30 on Friday.
Thanks to graham "PD" for being accommodating ,I got to do 4-5 laps before the track closed.
I was 1 of the lads that didn't arrive till 10am on Saturday :rolleyes: ,I was still happy with the amount of practice we got.

I agree with Polo a time table for the weekend would have been helpful.
The team drifting was definitely the highlight of the weekend.
Roll on C.W "at least I cant be late if I stay there" :D

wrc spec
01-06-10, 19:02
was gd day lookin forward to nxt time

Finbar180
01-06-10, 21:12

they were too bad no 1 videod them ha ha lol

barryl
01-06-10, 21:23

be quiet:P

Frankae86
01-06-10, 21:52

Had a few good runs out with ya Finbar, mad f*cker :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
01-06-10, 21:55
Had a few good runs out with ya Finbar, mad f*cker :D

Remember i was saying all weekend frank im gonna keep going till it blows up........!

stack-180sx
01-06-10, 22:01
i thought the weekend was brill saturday was good got a nice bit of pratice but still fucked up my qualifying due to a tyre blowing out and came off the rim :mad: but that aside was good crack, sunday was mental got more pratice with the seated pros nice to see how they drift the track and try and keep up with them :rolleyes: team drift was the best part of the day so all in all great weekend roll on citywest

Frankae86
01-06-10, 22:11
Remember i was saying all weekend frank im gonna keep going till it blows up........!

And what happened after junior?

1jsoarer
01-06-10, 22:15
Savage weekend!!...savage craic, pissed off with the car lettin me down at the end of the day...but what ya goin to do!!:(

here's a pic of my quailifying lap!

Bradley_Motorworks
01-06-10, 22:23
Had a briliant w.end... Was drifting the black s14 in the team drifting... Somehow managed to spin in my first battle on the sat....:P Never spun in a battle in my life...lol
http://i4.bebo.com/051a/7/large/2010/05/31/18/2685263057a12546086677l.jpg

Mick K
01-06-10, 22:25
Had a briliant w.end... Was drifting the black s14 in the team drifting... Somehow managed to spin in my first battle on the sat....:P Never spun in a battle in my life...lol
http://i4.bebo.com/051a/7/large/2010/05/31/18/2685263057a12546086677l.jpg

You got skillz,Well done on great driving all weekend

PeterT
01-06-10, 22:42
@ Danni, or anyone else wondering about pd cars not getting anywhere near as much time as the 8/9 street cars that were at driftjam, such is life. Driftjam is aimed at being a friendly environment for having fun and getting some drifting done, its not a pd practice day. Next time there will be alot more street cars so itl seem alot fairer too!

I just wanted to point that out, incase its in peoples head as a PD practice day that a few street folks manages to mingle there way into!

Mick K
01-06-10, 22:44
Pete dude,Nobody else complained of track time!

PeterT
01-06-10, 22:45
yeh just read over it all there, my bad! i just had to write it before I forgot what i had to say!

Mick K
01-06-10, 22:47
No worrys,Your prob drunk,Yeah Its just Danni bitching is all about track time

PeterT
01-06-10, 22:48

haha sound!? Im just in from work actualy! anyways, carry on people!

curtis
01-06-10, 23:58
Driftjam is aimed at being a friendly environment for having fun and getting some drifting done

Damn straight!

BTW was there scrutiny for the street cars? Just trying to get my cage etc sorted for next time and want to know what to expect.

PeterT
01-06-10, 23:59
scrutiny is: have you got a cage and seat? yes, ok :D i think it went like that!

curtis
02-06-10, 00:06
hehe think i can manage that anyway:)

EvojeepGal
02-06-10, 21:31
@ Danni, or anyone else wondering about pd cars not getting anywhere near as much time as the 8/9 street cars that were at driftjam, such is life. Driftjam is aimed at being a friendly environment for having fun and getting some drifting done, its not a pd practice day. Next time there will be alot more street cars so itl seem alot fairer too!

I just wanted to point that out, incase its in peoples head as a PD practice day that a few street folks manages to mingle there way into!

Im not bitching about track time, if u read my posts right u would see where "it didnt effect me" im just posting what was said to me by others.
My only issue if any over the weekend was lack of timetables for drivers and noone knowing what they were doing.

Shit stirring without reading thru get u nowhere :rolleyes:

Oh sorry im missing something..... UK UK UK UK blah blah UK UK blah blah :D

Fredericks Balls
02-06-10, 21:41
Oh sorry im missing something..... UK UK UK UK blah blah UK UK blah blah :D

I lol'd :D

Fredericks Balls
02-06-10, 21:47
Love the bitching in this thread:D
I thoght it was only over here all this shit went on!!:rolleyes:

Tbh, i only have two things to add what i thoght needed improving on, but lets not let them detract away from the fact that it was a good event with some good drifting!!

As a spectator the PA was shite and the comentry was boring.
IMO is it Fozzy? on the mike and a better PA would sort that.

I spoke to a few drivers asking them when is this hapening or when have you got to bla bla?? not one had a clue what was going on at any time.
Simple time table and sticking to it will make things run alot more smoother and free up more track time.

On a pluss note it was the only drift event iv ever been too where i thoght the judging was spot on and i didnt disagree with a single call!

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I was walking through the paddock on Sunday and I passed a couple (maybe more then 2) and the first thing I thought was "thats yer man polo" then I thought how the hell would it be, there were no team Green cars anywhere! And the UK is miles away! ha

Anyway back to drift talk :D

Mick K
15-06-10, 10:41
Would it be a good idea to get a Programme going in the gate on a Sunday of times of events etc and what way its being ran off for your €20?

chrisbrady325
15-06-10, 12:27
Would it be a good idea to get a Programme going in the gate on a Sunday of times of events etc and what way its being ran off for your €20?

good thinking there mick.. list of drivers numbers cars etc.. wouldnt take long to type up a wee sheet and photocopy them even as a flyer type thing?

damo86
15-06-10, 12:31
mick you need to send a cv down to pd in buttavant, co.cork

dR Dan
15-06-10, 12:57
Its very hard to do a schedule guys.... Take Punchestown as an example.... Because drivers were delayed or lazy or whatever we didnt have the cars to start it on time.... Therefore before a car had seen track it was delayed by half an hour.... Schedule out the window straight away as it has to finish at a certain time assigned by the owner of the grounds....

Administrator
15-06-10, 12:59
Its very hard to do a schedule guys.... Take Punchestown as an example.... Because drivers were delayed or lazy or whatever we didnt have the cars to start it on time.... Therefore before a car had seen track it was delayed by half an hour.... Schedule out the window straight away as it has to finish at a certain time assigned by the owner of the grounds....

That's the idea of a schedule though isn't it, to stick to it?

dR Dan
15-06-10, 13:08
That's the idea of a schedule though isn't it, to stick to it?

Yes... But like i said, If youv no cars to run what can you do? Sure you can leave them with half an hour, get 1 run each then Saturday night come on here and read page after page of abuse... We both no it wouldnt have been Prodrifts fault but still... U see where im comin from.

Mick K
15-06-10, 13:24
A little note at the bottom of the page

:This is only an example of times we hope to run off,Due to Drivers Mishaps and other difficultys it may not always run on time!

Muttly
15-06-10, 13:52
Yes... But like i said, If youv no cars to run what can you do? Sure you can leave them with half an hour, get 1 run each then Saturday night come on here and read page after page of abuse... We both no it wouldnt have been Prodrifts fault but still... U see where im comin from.I've been there an done that Dan as you well know but until the drivers are forced to be there at a time and will miss practice etc if they're not on time then they won't ever change. Its not PD's fault people can't be there at a time when they're told well in advance. BUT on the other hand PD is known for moving times around so again until they're forcing times it won't change.

You'll never see a F1 race start 20 minutes late because a few lads couldn't stop drinking the night before.

Mick K
15-06-10, 13:58
I've been there an done that Dan as you well know but until the drivers are forced to be there at a time and will miss practice etc if they're not on time then they won't ever change. Its not PD's fault people can't be there at a time when they're told well in advance. BUT on the other hand PD is known for moving times around so again until they're forcing times it won't change.

You'll never see a F1 race start 20 minutes late because a few lads couldn't stop drinking the night before.

Exactly.
Set a time and stick to it regardless of what time Wez runs out of Vodka:o

On a serious note,Your being very negative towards what is a very good idea Dan.

Administrator
15-06-10, 14:07
I've been there an done that Dan as you well know but until the drivers are forced to be there at a time and will miss practice etc if they're not on time then they won't ever change. Its not PD's fault people can't be there at a time when they're told well in advance. BUT on the other hand PD is known for moving times around so again until they're forcing times it won't change.

That's more along the lines of what I mean't Dan, I'd say going harsh on drivers is the only way of keeping to schedule! Cruel to be kind and all that, and it will be drivers' fault not Prodrifts.

curtis
15-06-10, 15:18

Very good idea. Would be handy to have a list of drivers and their car spec etc; maybe a bit of basic info on where drivers are from. I reckon spectators might give more support to a driver if they knew he was local to them or whatever.

If it can be done at low level GAA matches it can be done at prodrift events.

Mick K
15-06-10, 15:24
Very good idea. Would be handy to have a list of drivers and their car spec etc; maybe a bit of basic info on where drivers are from. I reckon spectators might give more support to a driver if they knew he was local to them or whatever.

If it can be done at low level GAA matches it can be done at prodrift events.

To go into that detail if they must but a simple list of the top 32 drivers,The car they drive and Number on the car would do me,Most important would be the time table,As you say,€5 on the gate of a club GAA match and you get a programme,€20 on the gate at PD and ye get fook all!

Time table and stick to the fooking thing

damo86
15-06-10, 15:29
@ dan, we asked graham what time was it startin on the sat, his answer was drivers briefing at 9.30, we were in the pits standing around waitin for a briefing when we heard cars out on track, a simple print out or one big board with the details on it in the pits would do ..:(even wrote in marker

jaycono
15-06-10, 15:30
To go into that detail if they must but a simple list of the top 32 drivers,The car they drive and Number on the car would do me,Most important would be the time table,As you say,€5 on the gate of a club GAA match and you get a programme,€20 on the gate at PD and ye get fook all!

Time table and stick to the fooking thing

i think thats a good idea

dR Dan
15-06-10, 15:44
Exactly.
Set a time and stick to it regardless of what time Wez runs out of Vodka:o

On a serious note,Your being very negative towards what is a very good idea Dan.

U have me all wrong Mick..

Not being negative at all..

Just saying why it could be difficult..

Personally think its a good idea.

Mick K
15-06-10, 15:49
Grand Grand,Slowly redeeming yourself,
Just on a saturday eve,Have a template loaded on a laptop connected to a printer

Bang in 32 Names,Enter sundays timetable,Hit print,Horse the first copy out of the printer into the photo copier!BOOM,3000 copys of the A4 sheet be grraaaaaand!
Not looking for a copy of Oxfords Chinese dictionary,Just a simple Timetable and list of alcoholics driving on the sunday!
You know Dan if you drank less at events and worked more this idea could be pulled off???:p<<<Notice for effect

Not huge expense involved in the above!
The amount of familys that dont know the format of how Drifting is ran off is unreal,Like how many Dads local to Naas brought their nippers to Punch and left still not with a clue of what was going on?

damo86
15-06-10, 15:54
all the names are on lap top anyway cause kieran hynes read them out in punch, print one, give it to night porter in hotel tell him sort it out, drop him 50 bucks happy days

conor-vtec86
15-06-10, 16:11
wen i raced motocross,u always had a programe and it was kept to(unless there was an accident on track or something that would delay it a few mins) but it ment all riders knew exactly were they needed to be at wat time so they knew to be ready,all it was was a simple a4 page with a timetable and a list of riders in each class,spectators then knew wat time to roughlky expect a race or practice etc to be on,instead of waiting around not knowing,plust they could refer back to the programe to look up a number of a bike to see who the person was etc

simple idea but would make a big difference and for 20euro in the gate surely could be given out to everyone

Mick K
15-06-10, 16:17
Question for Sunday Drivers

Have you been fully aware this year at what time you had to be at track on Sundays at most events so far?
In fact even saturday drivers

damo86
15-06-10, 16:24
not saturdays anway

gem-s13
15-06-10, 16:43
no one has a clue what time to be at the start line for BECAUSE there is no set time table so useing the excuse we cant make a timetable because people dont be here on time bla bla bla i said this about 3 weeks ago on here and no one took any note of it!

wezwkd
15-06-10, 18:47
I wasn't aware what time we were to be on track for hence i made it my business to ask.

Jay Rockett
15-06-10, 20:10
I remember a few of us going around asking PD staff and organisers when we were due on track but none of them knew!

Sunday was a bit easier alright, when the P/A system was working!

Mick K
15-06-10, 23:45
So its fair to say a Programme is needed as even the drivers arent informed?

chrisbrady325
16-06-10, 08:49
http://www.prodriftseries.com/2010/06/10/prodrift-round-3-event-information/

wezwkd
16-06-10, 09:11
So its fair to say a Programme is needed as even the drivers arent informed?

Sorry but no.

Ive no prob standing up & speaking out when I disagree with things but Im putting the foot down here lads.

Fair enough there are no print outs for following days or no announcements or whatever is needed for spoon feeding.

Ok I mite know some PD staff or whatever but that makes no differ. I still had to turn around & realise I had no idea what kick off time was the next day so simple resolution. ASK.
It aint rocket science.

Competitors get the finger out & just be there on time.
Simple as.
Cop on.

Make complaints where they are deserved.
Quit the cribbing lads.

ontherack
16-06-10, 09:48
Wez not disagreeing but would it be easier to make an announcement rather than having 80 people ask when stuff is starting.

wezwkd
16-06-10, 10:00
Wez not disagreeing but would it be easier to make an announcement rather than having 80 people ask when stuff is starting.

Absolutely but its not a big deal just bloody ask.

If yer not sure of yer dentist appointment do you just turn up at any random hour. NO.

Lets just leave it & get onto more important points.

Mick K
16-06-10, 10:03

80?
There was over 100 drivers there afaik on the Saturday of Punch,

I think it makes more sense for an announcement to be made as opposed
to each guy approaching someone to ask.

As with FD they have guys announcing whats what,Jdm,BDC are the same,
Even UDC have a guy announcing whens what!

Long and short of it is,Obviously PD agreed with our views as they have a Timetable posted,Even if its a guideline I say well done on a good job!

Administrator
16-06-10, 10:17
Long and short of it is,Obviously PD agreed with our views as they have a Timetable posted,Even if its a guideline I say well done on a good job!

Word! One less thing for people to give out about :)