PDA

View Full Version : Wierd fueling problem....

Romo
21-07-09, 12:33
Quick question chaps my cars running out of petrol before the fuel gauge is getting to empty, I have a walbro in it but its been in about 3 months and it's only started acting the bollix in the last few days

any idea's?

mr.jailbait
21-07-09, 12:43
sender is fucked,or the last pump was installed incorrectly/has come loose

Romo
21-07-09, 13:00
Grand I'll pull the pump out later an have a looksy, was thinkin it had to be something like that alrite

NIALL JZX
21-07-09, 13:34
theres a little plastic bracket on the side of the pump which the steel arm for the fuel level thing clicks into. if thats not in place the guage will always read empty ..
thats wat was wrong with a 180 had here before.

same thing happenin sineads 180 at the mo -runnin out of petrol at a tad over quarter tank of petrol. im thinkin the arm poped out of the bracket at that level an thats the last readin the guage got.. so stayin readin quarter tank.. (must check it out)

theres little resistor things (tink dats wat der called) on the side of the pump that read the level as the arm goes up an down that sends the guage the fuel level. not very good at explain this :eek: but u'll see wat i mean....;)

--Sinead--
21-07-09, 14:40
same thing happenin sineads 180 at the mo -runnin out of petrol at a tad over quarter tank of petrol. im thinkin the arm poped out of the bracket at that level an thats the last readin the guage got.. so stayin readin quarter tank.. (must check it out)

Only for bobby came to rescue me last week with a jerrycan of petrol I would never have got home! :p :rolleyes: :D