PDA

View Full Version : R32 GTST type-M brake upgrade question

cruising_r32
21-07-09, 06:00
Hi guys,

I have a 1992 R32 GTST type-M, now as much as I love the performance I have never been impressed with the braking ability the car has.

I bought a set of R32 GTR brakes a while back thinking it would be a good up grade for me but found out when I got them home that my car has R33 GTST brakes which are basically the same as the R32GTR.
So they have sat in a box along with a set of HELL braided brake lines I bought as there is no point in changing for what is pretty much the same thing.

Now I've just been offered a set of R33 GTR Vspec Brembo brakes for a reasonable price and was wondering what people thought...........

Should I buy and fit the standard R33 GTRVspec Brembo brakes (330mm daimeter, 4pots) or should I buy after market discs (295mm) and pads for my car?

I have one set of 17" wheels for rolling on and three sets of standard 16" wheels for playing on so if I go with the brembo the 16" wheels will be no use to me anymore........

I want better and possibly bigger brakes so I know I can stop if things ever go all pete thong so.......What do you think I should do?

cruising_r32
21-07-09, 06:01
ksport 330mm 8pot discs, pads and lines will set me back 1500euro fitted but will need 18" alloys which means I will have to sell me 17" works wheels and three sets of 16" standard wheels I have for playing on.

The R33 GTR Vspec Brembos 320mm discs will cost me 600euro fitted along with the HELL braided lines I already have and will need 17" alloys which means i will need to sell three sets of wheels.

The upgraded option of say 3G 295mm discs and Mintex pads will cost me 650euro fitted along with the HELL braided lines I already have but will allow me to keep all four sets of alloys I have at the minute.

nissan_doctor
21-07-09, 07:09
What sort of braking are you doing? fast road, drifting or out and out track driving.

For all out track driving you will need something larger in terms of disk size for any sort of longevity.

If its fast road or drifting then r32 gtr or r33 gtst(gts-t's disks are 30mm thick and gtr's are 32-only difference) will be more then adequate with decent pads and braided lines.

cruising_r32
21-07-09, 17:34
I decided to go ahead and buy the R33 GTR Vspec brembo brakes today so they will be getting fitted next week.

Thanks for the help guys.

lsd32
21-07-09, 20:51
let me know how much your looking for the standard 16,s lad i might take a set off you:D

Nicky
21-07-09, 20:53
Let me know how much your looking for a set of the R33 calipers lad, both front and rear if you have them, and are willing to sell them that is..

Cheers

nicky