PDA

View Full Version : Silvia drift/race/hill climb car build....

Stonie
21-05-10, 22:10
Ok lads I am building my silvia again, a little different this time as I am going to use it for a little racing and definatly some hill climbs, so the car is being built to Motorsport spec.
The car is just a shell really at the min. Ronan in roco bent the 4 bars that needed to be bent for the cage (top job) and my brother John is going to do the rest of the cage to FIA spec.

I will have some pics as soon as the heavy work starts and it starts going together as I am really only gathering up all the parts I can at the min and have a good bit of stuff either got or located:-)

Here is a rough idea on what the spec will be!!

Engine and managment.
sr20det from an s15
forged pistons and rods
ACL race series big end and main bearings
block will be CNC bored for high grade liners
head will be CNC surfaced and combustion chambers CNC milled
toda 264 cams with vvt and TDP adjustable cam gear
Turbo not decided something fairly big:-)
Will all be controlled by a MoTeC M4pro

Drivetrain
r32 GTR gearbox modified to fit
clutch undecided prob go with an exeedy of some sort
GTR diff
GTR shafts
GTR hubs

Brakes
front is getting 355mm discs with Lucas girling 4pot huge calipers same as on the TDP evo.
Rear will prob get some decent discs and twin pot brembos

Interior
Full cage to Motorsport spec
motordrive custom seat FIA approved
hydro wand
tilton alloy peddle box, brake and clutch

Exterior
staying s14a front
full wide arch kit from drift2motorsport
black crystal headlights and corner lamps
wheels not decided
full respray in White
BGW from drift2motorsport

Suspension
tanabe coilovers for the min anyway
adjustable arms not decided maybe custom TDP arms

There is prob a shit load more but it's a rough idea. I'm hoping to get this together asap and will keep the thread updated....

ger15
21-05-10, 22:37
Sounds sweet,get some pics up.

Stonie
21-05-10, 22:46
Sounds sweet,get some pics up.

I will once it starts coming together.

Prodrifter86
22-05-10, 13:02
nice lad! ive being trying to get drift cars into hillcimbs for a year now! sick of watching shit at them

Stonie
22-05-10, 13:04
nice lad! ive being trying to get drift cars into hillcimbs for a year now! sick of watching shit at them

Hills is where the real fun is at!!!! trees and walls going proper fast:D

Prodrifter86
22-05-10, 15:46
Hills is where the real fun is at!!!! trees and walls going proper fast:D

yeah i said that a page on bebo i had before (for hillclimbs and sprints) and most of the single seater drivers came on and told me that Drifters we lads that use there daddys money and who need to learn how to drive and said that never seen people doing drugs at hillcimbs ! i cudnt believe the shit they were saying! they cudnt get that u have to be skilled to drift!

to be honset i wanted single seaters gone and drift cars in! in dungarvan last year when mike deane was out! he was only person to come to the hairpin and actually get appluaded for smoking tyres and clipping the ditch on the way out of the hairpin! proper driving! they also cudnt get into there heads when i said that drift cars shud be in hillclimbs to help promote and make it bigger in ireland! they knocked drifitng and drifters into the ground over it

but i wish u the best of luck anyway lad and make sure to burn some rubber and prove a point:)

Robbie Daly Ps13
22-05-10, 15:51
Ok lads I am building my silvia again, a little different this time as I am going to use it for a little racing and definatly some hill climbs, so the car is being built to Motorsport spec.
The car is just a shell really at the min. Ronan in roco bent the 4 bars that needed to be bent for the cage (top job) and my brother John is going to do the rest of the cage to FIA spec.

I will have some pics as soon as the heavy work starts and it starts going together as I am really only gathering up all the parts I can at the min and have a good bit of stuff either got or located:-)

Here is a rough idea on what the spec will be!!

Engine and managment.
sr20det from an s15
forged pistons and rods
ACL race series big end and main bearings
block will be CNC bored for high grade liners
head will be CNC surfaced and combustion chambers CNC milled
toda 264 cams with vvt and TDP adjustable cam gear
Turbo not decided something fairly big:-)
Will all be controlled by a MoTeC M4pro

Drivetrain
r32 GTR gearbox modified to fit
clutch undecided prob go with an exeedy of some sort
GTR diff
GTR shafts
GTR hubs

Brakes
front is getting 355mm discs with Lucas girling 4pot huge calipers same as on the TDP evo.
Rear will prob get some decent discs and twin pot brembos

Interior
Full cage to Motorsport spec
motordrive custom seat FIA approved
hydro wand
tilton alloy peddle box, brake and clutch

Exterior
staying s14a front
full wide arch kit from drift2motorsport
black crystal headlights and corner lamps
wheels not decided
full respray in White
BGW from drift2motorsport

Suspension
tanabe coilovers for the min anyway
adjustable arms not decided maybe custom TDP arms

There is prob a shit load more but it's a rough idea. I'm hoping to get this together asap and will keep the thread updated....

Pic's or it never happened.......

Stonie
22-05-10, 16:40
Pic's or it never happened.......

Not much to take pics of at the min, unless you want pictures of parts?