PDA

View Full Version : Tyre changer in meath??

Gar-4-age 86
07-05-10, 12:01
Has any one off here got a tyre changer in the meath are or can you recommend anyone cheap who wont mind stretching tyres.....Thanks

way2fastforu
07-05-10, 12:06
get the tires put onto the rim an if they cant stretch them do it yourself wit some brake/carb cleaner

retro head
07-05-10, 14:07
kev posted this for me lads,i can blow them out no problem theres fuk all stretch on em anyway just need the use of a tyre changer as ive twelve or more tyres to get on wheels for bishopcourt and if i go to a local tyre place itll cost a bomb,so if theres any fellow drifters with one that would be so kind,obviously ill pay a small fee:)

ste
07-05-10, 14:52
off topic but retro head do you live across from geith ..... was delivering there and seen a nice hachi nose poking out from back of a house when i was pullin out

retro head
07-05-10, 15:02
off topic but retro head do you live across from geith ..... was delivering there and seen a nice hachi nose poking out from back of a house when i was pullin out

yes that would be my manor,any would be thieves youse know where i live now!the secrets out :D

titey86
07-05-10, 15:04
yes that would be my manor,any would be thieves youse know where i live now!the secrets out :D

sneek in and rob all your ac~dc t shirts:cool:

retro head
07-05-10, 17:10
eh dont do that please

second look ive only six tyres to do the rest will do for another bit

heres a thought meath heads, why dont we all chip in for a tyre changer ,after ye sort a van and trailer its the next biggest expense, finding and fitting tyres,what does everyone else do before a drift day?just get a stack of tyres fitted in your local tyre place? or the old fashion way,piece of angle iron and a sledge!

Livewire 78
07-05-10, 17:37
eh dont do that please

second look ive only six tyres to do the rest will do for another bit

heres a thought meath heads, why dont we all chip in for a tyre changer ,after ye sort a van and trailer its the next biggest expense, finding and fitting tyres,what does everyone else do before a drift day?just get a stack of tyres fitted in your local tyre place? or the old fashion way,piece of angle iron and a sledge!

hold that thought just for a few weeks ;)

meego1
07-05-10, 18:04
we ve been usen david cassidy on the slane rd for last 4yrs, he s reaonable to us but that might more than ur wilin to pay, u want the horses u have to pay for the hay:D

retro head
07-05-10, 18:32
we ve been usen david cassidy on the slane rd for last 4yrs, he s reaonable to us but that might more than ur wilin to pay, u want the horses u have to pay for the hay:D

ah yeh hes sound enough that way but id usually go to his brother in nobber whos dead on too which ill go to tomorow if i dont get sorted otherwise,im always lookin for the cheaper option dude;)

thegosson
07-05-10, 19:54
i wouldn't mind chipping in for a tyre changer, its a feckin dose running around like a mad yolk before events or tracks days.

Robbie Daly Ps13
07-05-10, 19:58
I have a trye machine at my house....... But iv one slight problem...... Iv no compresser.........!

nissan_doctor
07-05-10, 22:18
In the next few weeks I'm having a tyre changer, balancer and corner weighting scales and alignment gear fitted. I'm only up the road from Slane and will be doing god rates for drifty types:D

retro head
07-05-10, 23:03
well thats great news! how exactly does corner weighting work?,you adjust the height and dampning of coilovers to get more even weight distribution or something to that effect?

nissan_doctor
07-05-10, 23:08
well thats great news! how exactly does corner weighting work?,you adjust the height and dampning of coilovers to get more even weight distribution or something to that effect?

That's it, its not the dampening that's used though. The real reason for the height adjustment on coilovers is to balance out the weight, not deck the car:D

Evening out the weight distribution as much as possible gives much more balanced handling.

GTSr32
09-05-10, 18:33
awh paul didnt know u were only up the road from slane... sure ur only up the road now... ill be up when i get all the bits of my engine back together

nissan_doctor
09-05-10, 18:57
awh paul didnt know u were only up the road from slane... sure ur only up the road now... ill be up when i get all the bits of my engine back together

I'm in Ardee, call up any time....

RIKOS14
10-05-10, 21:53
holy fuck ,slane must be the centre of the universe or something im near slane too , david cassidy is sound he put 4 inters on for me last week before mondello , 50 quid to take off road tyres put on inters and then take off inters after track day and put road tyres back on and balance both times , id say thats fair but id sooner have a second hand machine between a rake of people or something, ive a spare compressor too if needed .