PDA

View Full Version : Shallow open ended nuts 1.5mm thread (pic inside)

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 11:12
Cant be anymore than 13-14mm in overall length have to 1.5mm thread, Must have a tapered end like these also
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/images/large/shallow-wheelnuts.jpg
I need them for spacers that I got I tried every hardware store and motorfactors in my local town none have them, My only other resort is to get more studs like what you'd use with longchamps etc and get them milled down on the lathe my next door neighbour said he could do this no prob but id rather try get the right ones first. Thanks

Greg
28-04-10, 11:23
I got some of those last week in a local tyre place. The dude had to search the shop for 20 minutes but found them eventually. He charged me €2 per nut though.

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 11:26
I got some of those last week in a local tyre place. The dude had to search the shop for 20 minutes but found them eventually. He charged me €2 per nut though.

Can you get me a number please badly stuck for these. Last resort is getting them off DW.

Greg
28-04-10, 11:33
http://johnbasstyres.com/

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 11:40
Thanks, Before I ring them I presume there going to offer me the same ones you got whats the over all length? The absolute max I can go is 15mm do you think they would be more than that?

Greg
28-04-10, 12:17
I'll go check.

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 12:23
I'll go check.

Good man, Sound!!

Greg
28-04-10, 12:26
The ones I got are 24mm

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 12:34
The ones I got are 24mm

Grrr. Back to the drawing board so. Didnt realise it would be so hard to get nuts for the damn things. DW have them but there 18mm so I may get them and get them turned down a bit on the lathe seems to be the only option.

Administrator
28-04-10, 12:40
Or slightly bigger spacers?

2tonne
28-04-10, 12:42
did you try east coast alloys?

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 12:44
Or slightly bigger spacers?

Ive the spacers bought all I need is these nuts to bolt them on. I bought them 2nd hand there originally for a Nissan so I was supplied with 1.25 nuts but Toyota is 1.5mm so I cant put them on. There 20mm fronts and 25mm rears. Its the fronts that need to be 15mm or smaller the rears are deeper and dosnt matter as much.

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 12:44
did you try east coast alloys?

Yep, They only have 1.25 Nissan nuts.

Driftma
28-04-10, 13:58
use nissan wheel studs?

Mick K
28-04-10, 14:01
IceyT would stock them Jay,014019911

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:02
IceyT would stock them Jay,014019911

Icey who????

Mick K
28-04-10, 14:03
Sorry:) Icetronix

Administrator
28-04-10, 14:03
Icey who????

IceTronix I'd imagine

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:06
use nissan wheel studs?
Its hard to explain, I have a spacer, I put spacer on hub, The original toyota hub bolts come through the spacer now I need to bolt the spacer to the hub but I was supplied with 1.25mm thread nuts I need 1.5mm nuts to bolt it on and to make it worse the front ones can only be 15mm in length. The rear are a lot depper in there design as there 25mm wide so not to worried about them ones. After I have the spacers bolted to the car Im going to use Nissan wheel studs to hold the wheel on which I have. Sorry if I sound like im making it out to be black and white but its the easiest way to explain it.

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:07
Haha i'll give them a shout too thanks! Got word wheels will be here shortly so want to have the spacers ready to give it some more stance!!!

Administrator
28-04-10, 14:08
Haha i'll give them a shout too thanks! Got word wheels will be here shortly so want to have the spacers ready to give it some more stance!!!

It's either them or this chap.

http://hiphopandpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ice-t-photo-ice-t.jpg

Let us know

Driftma
28-04-10, 14:11
Its hard to explain, I have a spacer, I put spacer on hub, The original toyota hub bolts come through the spacer now I need to bolt the spacer to the hub but I was supplied with 1.25mm thread nuts I need 1.5mm nuts to bolt it on and to make it worse the front ones can only be 15mm in length. The rear are a lot depper in there design as there 25mm wide so not to worried about them ones. After I have the spacers bolted to the car Im going to use Nissan wheel studs to hold the wheel on which I have. Sorry if I sound like im making it out to be black and white but its the easiest way to explain it.

ya, i know what your trying to do,
but don't you have the nuts you want,but it nissan tread? So just use the nissan studs in your toyota hub

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:15
Ok IceyT has them and said they had the shallow ones I was after but there fecking €3 each thats €48 for a set of 16? Is it me or is that dear? Maybe not I never had to buy them before.

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:15
ya, i know what your trying to do,
but don't you have the nuts you want,but it nissan tread? So just use the nissan studs in your toyota hub

You cant there 2 different tread types.

Mick K
28-04-10, 14:17
Tell him 40quid cash and deal with Steven or Rob cos the 2 other guys cant give ye discount!!!

Thanks Uncle Mick!

jaycono
28-04-10, 14:18
Tell him 40quid cash and deal with Steven or Rob cos the 2 other guys cant give ye discount!!!

Thanks Uncle Mick!

some man you should have your own section :D

Driftma
28-04-10, 14:19
You cant there 2 different tread types.

ya use the nissan studs to bolt the spacer to your hub, ie take the toyota tread studs out of your hub and fit nissan ones.its not rocket sicence.:(

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:23

Thanks Uncle Mick!

Good man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Priase is all your after lol, Ah no thanks !!

Mick K
28-04-10, 14:24
Did ye get em for the €40?

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:35
ya use the nissan studs to bolt the spacer to your hub, ie take the toyota tread studs out of your hub and fit nissan ones.its not rocket sicence.:(

OH right sorry I was confusing myself there I get what your saying now basiclly in short swap the hub bolts out of the spacers for the ones in the original hub? Would they be the same size yea? How hard would it be to get them fookers out? Good thinking batman. Mick your fired!

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:36
Did ye get em for the €40?

Id rather bargain face to face might have to go up Saturday. Im going to ponder on driftma's idea for a while now.

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 14:45
Bollicks just remembered, I got a choice of free wheel nuts with the new wheels I ordered so I asked for 1.25mm nuts so I would have a brand new set to bolt on to the spacers which would render swaaping out the hub bolts useless. So may knock driftma's idea on the head and get the other ones off IceyT. This thread really is getting confusing now lol. Thanks for the help tho!!! Im making progress now at least anyway!

Driftma
28-04-10, 16:03
Bollicks just remembered, I got a choice of free wheel nuts with the new wheels I ordered so I asked for 1.25mm nuts so I would have a brand new set to bolt on to the spacers which would render swaaping out the hub bolts useless. So may knock driftma's idea on the head and get the other ones off IceyT. This thread really is getting confusing now lol. Thanks for the help tho!!! Im making progress now at least anyway!

ya,that should work out for ya,you doing the twincam trackday on the 14th?

Greg
28-04-10, 16:08
Ive the spacers bought all I need is these nuts to bolt them on. I bought them 2nd hand there originally for a Nissan so I was supplied with 1.25 nuts but Toyota is 1.5mm so I cant put them on. There 20mm fronts and 25mm rears. Its the fronts that need to be 15mm or smaller the rears are deeper and dosnt matter as much.

I had the same problem but the spacers are 40mm so I didn't have to get the slim nuts. :D

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 16:30
ya,that should work out for ya,you doing the twincam trackday on the 14th?

I hope to be at it. Didnt 100% commit yet tho just in case.

Driftma
28-04-10, 16:41
I hope to be at it. Didnt 100% commit yet tho just in case.

thats the job,i hope to be there aswell,just waiting on wheels from christy,it should be a good craic anyway

1-JAY-Z
28-04-10, 16:43
thats the job,i hope to be there aswell,just waiting on wheels from christy,it should be a good craic anyway

My cars in a sorry looking state at the min, Its multi coloured nearly to ashamed to bring it out in dyer need of a spray job the roof is gone pink nearly white in some places lol and, purple from bumper with blue wings lol

1-JAY-Z
04-05-10, 11:03
Ok so getting a lad to pick these up for me in IceyT's today (thanks Mick!) got 18 of them for €36 not too bad I suppose. Cant wait till he gets back to fit the wheels.

Sorta offtopic:
But I dont know why Icetronix get some bad feedback sometimes. I have dealt with them numerous of times over the phone and they were more than accomadating. One time they didnt have the product I was looking for and told me the best place to get it which was one of there "rival" business's. I completly forgot about checking them out this time for the nuts until mick told me.

Tekno Twinky
05-05-10, 13:31
i payed about 45e for muteki lug nuts M12X1.5 SHORT OPEN ENDED and i have 4 spare too at that AND there ALL lock nuts wit sweet key socket provided.

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/media/muteki_lug_nuts.jpg

1-JAY-Z
05-05-10, 13:47
i payed about 45e for muteki lug nuts M12X1.5 SHORT OPEN ENDED and i have 4 spare too at that AND there ALL lock nuts wit sweet key socket provided.

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/media/muteki_lug_nuts.jpg

Got sorted after.

Mick K
05-05-10, 13:53
Jay you'll find the big prob with Rob and Steven is jealousy! Couldnt find a better pair of fellas to deal with!

1-JAY-Z
05-05-10, 14:07
Jay you'll find the big prob with Rob and Steven is jealousy! Couldnt find a better pair of fellas to deal with!

Yea honestly they did everything they could and threw in a set of spigot rings as well for free unfortunately they only fit the front 2 spacers as the rears are a different brand. Never had as much bother before with spacers should have bought a brand new set would have worked out cheaper at this stage!

Were getting there tho heres the pic with new wheels and spacers on. There only trial fitted as I need to trim down the front hub nuts a couple of mm and need to find the proprer spigot rings for the rear then good to go!

http://i41.tinypic.com/bg2vpu.jpg

jaycono
05-05-10, 14:11

aye they've always looked after me over the years and go outta there way to help when they can. the busyness of the garage speaks for its self sure :D

there noice I luvs wide...