PDA

View Full Version : diesel pump for a 02 transit.

200sx
25-04-10, 21:43
anyone no wear id pick up a diesel pump for a 02 front wheel drive transit,,haveing a bit off bother getting one?

gem-s13
25-04-10, 22:07
anyone no wear id pick up a diesel pump for a 02 front wheel drive transit,,haveing a bit off bother getting one?

new is the only job lad they give way to much trouble to buy a second hand one as they have to be programed to the ecu by a ford dealer, they aint cheap to fix so unless the van is spotless its scrap time

SRray
25-04-10, 22:26
€550-600+vat Fully reconditioned with 12months Bosch Diesel Warranty,no programing needed as immobiliser is unlocked on the test bench when its being calibrated so you just fit,turn key wait till red light stops flashing(8secs)and fire her up,job done.Iv done at least 2 of these pumps a day for the last 6years to private and trade customers north and south of ireland
www.corryautoengineering.com

200sx
25-04-10, 22:29
€550-600+vat Fully reconditioned with 12months Bosch Diesel Warranty,no programing needed as immobiliser is unlocked on the test bench when its being calibrated so you just fit,turn key wait till red light stops flashing(8secs)and fire her up,job done.Iv done at least 2 of these pumps a day for the last 6years to private and trade customers north and south of ireland
www.corryautoengineering.com@gem yea i no new is the only way but there stupid money if i could get a second hand one for cheap id nearly put it into it..@ray...would it be worth getting a decnt second hand one ray or whats the crack there?can they be got handy?

SRray
25-04-10, 22:40
@gem yea i no new is the only way but there stupid money if i could get a second hand one for cheap id nearly put it into it..@ray...would it be worth getting a decnt second hand one ray or whats the crack there?can they be got handy?

ya can get second hand ones but 1 your own pump could be as good,2 you need to get it unlocked by a compatable diagnostic tester bosch/delphi/ford or on a bosch test bench costing 50-100euro.
3 main problems are;lack of service to vehicle,water damage/poor fuel quality and spike in electrical current burning the ecu on the pump out

Dunnedriftin
25-04-10, 22:40
As gem said new is the only way! there a basta*d to do aswell on the rwd, duno what the FWD is like to work on...

SRray
25-04-10, 22:46
As gem said new is the only way! there a basta*d to do aswell on the rwd, duno what the FWD is like to work on...

rwd aint that bad,fwd piece of piss:p

200sx
25-04-10, 22:58
well the van has a full service history...i gave it 2 one off the lads some little bollicks fucked beach sand into the tank off it:o...i cleaned the tank the pump is working,but the van is dropping on cylders the pressure is week...put new injectors into it..so its definetly the pump..any ideas?

SRray
26-04-10, 08:32
well the van has a full service history...i gave it 2 one off the lads some little bollicks fucked beach sand into the tank off it:o...i cleaned the tank the pump is working,but the van is dropping on cylders the pressure is week...put new injectors into it..so its definetly the pump..any ideas?

pump problem
diesel is a lubericant,sand is not:d