PDA

View Full Version : Site suggestion for DI & Drift competitors

wezwkd
22-04-10, 11:38
This is just a suggestion I have in relation to the heated Fermoy aftermath thread & in relation to some things that have come to my attention at drift events of late also.

What would people think of a private forum for registered PD licence holders to discuss freely what they think of previous events & how they feel improvements can be made in future events.

The reason I say private is because on public forums people sometimes "not Mick" hold back on their opinions & are reluctant to say things in case they step on peoples toes, especially the drivers.

Secondly I feel that a forum is the best way to get people together as almost everybody has internet access now & its the best way to meet. Ideally I would love to arrange say a monthly meeting or after each event meeting for the drivers to discuss certain matters but it just wouldnt be possible.

There have been a number of events where the drivers briefing has become a heated conversation & only a number of drivers had the balls to actually step up & their opinions be heard.

Im not trying to turn it into an anti PD management, judges or organisers forum or a 2 fingers to the general public & their opinions forum but somewhere that the drivers can express freely without being judged what they think & ultimately have a spokesperson who can actually approach PD management & judges etc & have a simple discussion with them on how the drivers feel & how they think events can be improved.

After all its the drivers who have the best view of the whole situation from both track & spectators point of view.

And finally what would we have without the drivers who put most work in for nothing other than the pleasure of it all. For PD its a business & for spectators its a day out but without the drivers there is nothing for anybody.

I think their voices should be heard & I think a lot of improvements could be made from their comments & opinions.

Stonie
22-04-10, 11:43
very good idea lad. It definatly would help.

way2fastforu
22-04-10, 11:52
thats a good idea dude.

1-JAY-Z
22-04-10, 11:54
With the amount of money been made at the gates should it not be brought up that there should be some prize giving?

1st €500
2nd €250
3rd €100

Surely that wont break there bulging wallets alot of the time its €25 sometimes €20 (once I paid fucking €30 into mondello) into these places it would only take 42 people to make the prize giving work how many usually go to these events usually a couple of hundred anyway!. I agree there is to much shite on public forums I mainly use here and 86irl. I used to be on dtd a good bit but thats gone to shit too way to overly moderated. Private forum is the way forward for drivers IMO.

Prodrifter86
22-04-10, 12:07
gud idea wez!!!!!!!:)

jamie180sx
22-04-10, 12:15
Good idea wez it would deffo help,count me in

DOC23
22-04-10, 12:18
very good idea wez. i tink it cud work and only improve the sport!

S13..KEV
22-04-10, 12:25
count me in to.any thing to keep the drifting in ireland ON TOP like it sould be.i as an irish drifter am proud to see d-mac james deane dean kearney and flat eric in america.proves that we can ahieve our dreams:D:D:D

Mick K
22-04-10, 12:37
Excellent idea once its Strictly drivers only,No marshalls,No money takers at the gate.Strictly licence holders and Moderated by one or two drivers also.Yes Darragh and the lads have access but limit moderation to a driver or two also!

The reason I say private is because on public forums people sometimes "not Mick" hold back on their opinions & are reluctant to say things in case they step on peoples toes, especially the drivers.

Nice pin pointing fooker:)
The amount of people I get pm's from saying yes Im right or "fair play I wanted to say that but was afraid".Shams,I have no problem voicing my opinion and others shouldnt either.As per my small print in my post on the Rd 1 thread it was my opinion yet I have the likes of "drivers" telling me Im wrong,Not if its my opinion Im not!

Going forward its a good idea to have the Drivers forum implemented.
A full list from PD of licence holders would be required but I should imagine that would be an issue.

On the subject of admission on the gate that J touched on,Prodrift posted twice on their site on the lead up to the event of concessions to be available on the site,Where were they? I didnt see them?Wouldnt bother me a whole lot as its just me and her but what about the family that have 2 12 yearold kids and maybe a friend over for the kids
Mother
Father
John
Francey
Tom = what? was it 80quid or more,Even if it was 50 in these times thats alot of money to a family with a mortgage.Then you have food at silly prices for essentially food poisen in a wrapper.
Prices strongly need to be looked at or else what show their putting on on the day.
Super Lap and top 16 wouldnt be great value for money to be fair,Planty here will agree yet wont comment.

Other than that Saturday was a well ran day,Sunday just needed a little extra,FMX riders or something to that effect.Academy cars are not amusing.

John Gibbons really needs to go.Few will disagree on that.

Famous jh
22-04-10, 12:42
+1 great idea...Its the drivers opinion that counts the most i think..

Also Gibbons needs to go, and that judge Kieran something or other?? What qualifies him as a judge :confused:

Mick K
22-04-10, 12:43

Also Gibbons needs to go, and that judge Kieran something or other?? What qualifies him as a judge :confused:

I said that the other day too!Pedan and Ian are mint!
Idealy if it was judged from different areas and like FD would be much better!

1-JAY-Z
22-04-10, 12:44
John Gibbons really needs to go.Few will disagree on that.

IMO Ian Bergin has the most irritating voice ever!

Famous jh
22-04-10, 12:48
I said that the other day too!Pedan and Ian are mint!
Idealy if it was judged from different areas and like FD would be much better!

Ya 1 or more judging stand would not go astray to be fair... Mr Kierans judging scores always seems to be so much dofferent to the 2 boyos... Why is that?? Gibbons if i recall correctly sometimes calls him the "Simon Cowell" of drifting :confused: That does NOT justify his sometimes brutal scoring.

Fredericks Balls
22-04-10, 13:02
Yea great idea. As Wez said for the compeditors, its not possible to meet in person, so the net is the only way. And raceday isn't possible because of time constraints and people fixing cars etc. We had all this in karts years ago but not the luxury or nearly everyone having web access.

stack-180sx
22-04-10, 13:02
good idea wez and i like the idea of a few euro prize money all you get is a pat on the back and well done it makes the sport very dear like but i still wont stop doing it even if the prize money dont go ahead but on talking to alot of the pro drivers sonething needs to be done count me in

Mick K
22-04-10, 13:10
Open to correction but wasnt there prize money on sunday?

stack-180sx
22-04-10, 13:11
Open to correction but wasnt there prize money on sunday?

not that i know of dont think PD ever give prize money but i could be wrong ??

Mick K
22-04-10, 13:16
There was prize money last year,Just not in the super series.

carpo
22-04-10, 13:21
There was prize money last year,Just not in the super series.

very good idea wez be interesting to see how it would work..would prob
build a grow the series even more..

mick...ya there is price money at all pd events in pro class

Driftma
22-04-10, 13:22

i also think thats a forum just for drivers is a great idea,because as said already its really only there opinon that counts,
and on the judges,what the hell quailifies that Kieran something or other fella to be a judge,i can remember back when i started drifting back a few years ago in the rosebowl i always use to think that his judging was a bit suspect and it seems to be getting worse.

Mick K
22-04-10, 13:22
Thought I was right!`

jamie180sx
22-04-10, 13:31
I vote Mick kenny should be a judge for prodrift:p

Greg
22-04-10, 13:48
Sounds like the drivers need a union and the union needs a spokesman. :D

nigey00
22-04-10, 13:52
this is badly needed.... very good idea and the ball needs to be got rolling on it asap!!

Stevo
22-04-10, 13:57
Sounds like the drivers need a union and the union needs a spokesman. :D

Mick K for spokesman:cool:

Administrator
22-04-10, 14:01
We're definitely game for helping out with this. If someone can send me through some concrete info or a plan for this I could get straight on it over the weekend. Obviously we would need names of all competitors and this to be used and taken seriously etc etc.

Would be an ideal opportunity to iron out the creases in the series I think, and also get the input from drivers and relay what the fans are saying to the drivers and the organisers

jap scrap
22-04-10, 14:03
good idea even though prodrift will be able see all thats being said.
That gibbons comintator is a dick i remember a few years back that morris lad used have the croud mental in the stand in mondello you would be shouting and roaring and not even know the names of half the drivers

1-JAY-Z
22-04-10, 14:43
Maurice was the best commentator ever that ive seen basiclly due to the fact he got the crowd going bring him back I say. Why did he leave?

Mick K
22-04-10, 14:48
Maurice was the man really!
At D-Rift with a shitty crowd there and he could still get them going,Shame he went really,Crowd interaction was shite on Sunday,Was only a handfull of us shouting on the hill!

Mike and James had someone shouting behind us for them and ourselves were shouting for Alan,That was about the height of it,Ive never seen such a huge crowd yet so dead in my time going to events.
When you look at the vids of JDM at the weekend and then look at Fermoy its a huge contrast,Last year they were on par.Gibbons needs to go.

1-JAY-Z
22-04-10, 14:52
Maurice was the man really!
At D-Rift with a shitty crowd there and he could still get them going,Shame he went really,Crowd interaction was shite on Sunday,Was only a handfull of us shouting on the hill!

Mike and James had someone shouting behind us for them and ourselves were shouting for Alan,That was about the height of it,Ive never seen such a huge crowd yet so dead in my time going to events.
When you look at the vids of JDM at the weekend and then look at Fermoy its a huge contrast,Last year they were on par.Gibbons needs to go.

I wonder is it commentators skill to get the crowd going or as everyone knows us irish are a bit dull at events like these were to "embarrased" to let a roar out of us incase ya man beside ya thinks "whats that nutter at"" Thats the way a lot of people are I wouldnt give a fuck we need to be a bit more like the yanks!

Mick K
22-04-10, 14:55
Its 50/50 imo,Billy Nolan told me doing those shows he does in Europe are a total different kettle of fish,Said the crowds go crazy for it when you wind them up a bit,Maurice had the crowds here doing the same back in his time,Gibbons cant do that.Ive no doubt in my mind at any of the pill fests he gigs at he can get a crowd going but I dont think driftings his gig.

damo86
22-04-10, 16:46
very good ide wez, if ya could get a list of drivers from pd and send them to darragh and he can give access to whoever has a licence

Moose
22-04-10, 16:47
excellent idea, count me in if it goes to plan, something has to be done..

Robbie Daly Ps13
22-04-10, 18:09
Really really good idea....... I read that whole tread about formoy and didn't leave one comment cause there was too many muppets on it who haven't a clue about drifting and were trying to voice there opinions.......!

Theres about 1100 on this site wich means theres at least 600 muppets who think cause they know a car go's sideways that they know everything there is to know about drifting and there the ones who fuck good sites like this up......!

Best idea so far this year...........! Get the ball rolling..! Count me in..........!

Midnight
22-04-10, 18:51
I agree with above comments 100%

1.Bring Maurice back,was feckin brilliant.

2.Mick K for Prodrift President:D:D:D

Frankae86
22-04-10, 18:58
REALLY great idea Wez, im in and in sure every other driver will be too,
Lot of head scratching done after the weekend.

Maurice as commentator, am i the only one that remembers people giving out about him :confused: From what i can remember people culdnt wait to get rid of him... Was always mixing up drivers and generally didnt know what he was on about

lsd32
22-04-10, 19:13
ya a good idea i think also

give the drivers a bit of a voice

Prodrifter86
22-04-10, 19:25
Its 50/50 imo,Billy Nolan told me doing those shows he does in Europe are a total different kettle of fish,Said the crowds go crazy for it when you wind them up a bit,Maurice had the crowds here doing the same back in his time,Gibbons cant do that.Ive no doubt in my mind at any of the pill fests he gigs at he can get a crowd going but I dont think driftings his gig.

im not sure about maurice most of spectators thought he was a little bit iritatiing!! he's a bit too noisy but i think he wasnt so noisy and loud that he got the crowd going! so maybe a trial for maurice and try keep him from being too iritating! and i think u mick should be the spokesperson for the PD Q's and A's you seem to no your shit and dont give a shit about speaking up!:)

tango cam
22-04-10, 19:47
a1 idea wez, would support this 100% somethig like this has to be done, will benefit everyone in the long run,

Cooldrft
22-04-10, 22:10
Good idea wez.
As most competitors know at least 2 other drivers, it'd be easy enough to get a list together.

conor-vtec86
22-04-10, 22:25
i thought maurice was sacked cos he was making mistakes wen it came to car names and engine specs etc,,he didnt leave :confused:

raff
22-04-10, 22:32
Maurice was brilliant for running around the track and getting crowds going...
Years ago in mondello the atmosphere was brilliant everyone screaming etc
once maurice was gone the atmosphere went with him...
A decant commintator would bring more spectators i think...

And great idea wes...it should work really well...

DaveM-sport
22-04-10, 22:46
Great idea, be interesting to see how much a drivers opinion would
be voiced if they are afraid of stepping on toes as it could be still seen by quite a few people but at least all the shite from people posting in general threads with their own asumptions would not have to be waded through to see first hand views on things from people that put the most on the lline and benefit the most or loose out on any changes or decisions made at events or throughout the series.

Another advantage could be if a particular driver has an issue with something but doesn't want to voice it, they could pm the whoever is appointed to be this spokesperson.

SRray
22-04-10, 22:46
Great idea wez,something like this is badly wanted to keep the sport from going limp I reckon.

I would love to help out when and where I can if it means our events can run smoother and be entertaining for both driver and spectater.
After being at JDM Allstars last weekend and last year I have to laugh at how unmoved our Irish crowd have got at events in comparison,I remember awesome atmosphere at PD events in 2006/2007 even 2008,seems to haved fizzled out a bit of late.

Anyways thats my two cents. .

Finbar180
22-04-10, 23:13
well but ted i think it would be a good idea and why dnt you run 4 spoke person you but enough in to it yourself and was not afarid to speak up in mondelo at the judges lst year drivers briefing in top 32 lst week was a joke and to watch was even worst no lines taken wht so ever cos theydid not know wht they were at

gem-s13
22-04-10, 23:29
very good idea id be in anyway

Dan Byrne
22-04-10, 23:57
Count me on board too!

MarkII
23-04-10, 14:37
fair play wez you have your thinking cap on!!

just a small note, it would be a good idea to not just limit it to current prodrift competitors and have it as a section in the forum for feed back on all series drivers north south and even across the water too as not every driver is dedicated to the prodrift name and drift other places.

one other thing, it should include all who have a licence and or held a licence in the last few years, i'v had a licence for he past 2 years and opted out this year as lack of funds but will be on the go again,i would like to be included in the final result of who can and can't access the drivers section as its only fair, i agree prodrift do have alot of issues to sort out and the new driver section will help alot.

its progress towards a better sport!

tweek
23-04-10, 15:47

just a small note, it would be a good idea to not just limit it to current prodrift competitors and have it as a section in the forum for feed back on all series drivers north south and even across the water too as not every driver is dedicated to the prodrift name and drift other places.

one other thing, it should include all who have a licence and or held a licence in the last few years, i'v had a licence for he past 2 years and opted out this year as lack of funds but will be on the go again,i would like to be included in the final result of who can and can't access the drivers section as its only fair, i agree prodrift do have alot of issues to sort out and the new driver section will help alot.

i agree with that it should be open to previous competitors

as for kieran what ever his name is lol i remember him in rosegreen for novices judging what a disastor

as for a spokes person there should at least be a commitee first

are competitors who didn't qualify to go through to sunday still getting charged when they come to watch it on the sunday??

jap scrap
23-04-10, 16:10

I would say nearly every one on the site has held a licence at some stage so opening a seperate section would be a waste of time. It only interests the drivers that are at it this year really and the years to come.

meego1
23-04-10, 17:22
great idea wez, im wel up for this , a drivers commitee much needed, a lad i know wanted to start this back in 06,07 he was only an ameteur at time but other drivers were afraid if they put their name down that the judges would hold it against them so it came to nothing, but i have a feeling theirs a bit of momentom behind this and it could be the difference in the series goin stale or moving 4ward..

Cooldrft
23-04-10, 17:24

I dont agree.
It should only be only open to the current pd licence holders.
If all series + lads who had a licence before are included, it may as well be open the everyone.
If there is a issue where the current licence holders want the views of past or future drivers ,a thread can be posted in a public section.

tango cam
23-04-10, 18:57
I dont agree.
It should only be only open to the current pd licence holders.
If all series + lads who had a licence before are included, it may as well be open the everyone.
If there is a issue where the current licence holders want the views of past or future drivers ,a thread can be posted in a public section.

have to agree, makes more sence for current pd licence holders to make there views heard, not for past drivers!

meego1
23-04-10, 21:06
past drivers should be allowed in this, alot of em left over reasons that have been brought up and their imput greatly appreciated, and as former pro drivers they can see immediately where problems are..

geordier1
23-04-10, 22:43
very good idea wez,bout time something like this was done

jap scrap
24-04-10, 00:38
past drivers should be allowed in this, alot of em left over reasons that have been brought up and their imput greatly appreciated, and as former pro drivers they can see immediately where problems are..

No if they see a improvment in the way its ran this year they might come back in next year and share there views. No point in some one telling us what to do if they are not physically involved not trying to be a dick here but it is more for the lads that want to share there opinion without it being heard back and let 1 spokesperson stand forward and speak on behalf of all drivers.
Personally i think prodrift shoult push for this to happen as they dont need the bad advertisment of drivers giving out about them on public forums some one like mick kenny but not as out going or prodrift will think we want everything and give nothing.

curtis
24-04-10, 12:57
not trying to be a dick here but it is more for the lads that want to share there opinion without it being heard back and let 1 spokesperson stand forward and speak on behalf of all drivers.

If you mean a separate part of the forum for drivers, seems like this could be difficult to pull off. Plenty of drivers are directly linked to PD so anything discussed would almost definitely be heard back..

Cooldrft
24-04-10, 13:27
If you mean a separate part of the forum for drivers, seems like this could be difficult to pull off. Plenty of drivers are directly linked to PD so anything discussed would almost definitely be heard back..

Well there isn't much point in discussing issues with Pd events,if the views of competitors are not reported back to Pd.
It should be about improving the Pd series for drivers + spectators ,not a Pd bashing forum.

curtis
24-04-10, 13:47
Well there isn't much point in discussing issues with Pd events,if the views of competitors are not reported back to Pd.
It should be about improving the Pd series for drivers + spectators ,not a Pd bashing forum.

Yeah, that's what i mean:) I think some of the PD bashing on this thread is getting personal anyway.
I don't think there's much point in having "secret" parts of the forum, but i do think it's a good idea to use driftireland as a place where drivers can give feedback on how they want competitions to be run.

Anyway i'm not a driver, this is just from a spectators point of view.

s13-ste
24-04-10, 13:52
Y
I don't think there's much point in having "secret" parts of the forum, but i do think it's a good idea to use driftireland as a place where drivers can give feedback on how they want competitions to be run.

Anyway i'm not a driver, this is just from a spectators point of view.

Iv tried stay out of this thread because its for drivers.

it wont be a secret section of the forum at all it will be a section for drivers to talk things over with out all the bull shit that goes on when non competitors try talk about something they know nothing about.

cruising_r32
24-04-10, 14:25
I'm not a driver but I've photographer enough events and been around the forums a long time.

I reckon it is a great idea to have one place where all the current drivers can talk openly and discuss ideas and issues without keyboard warriors having an input.

Fair play Wesley for putting this forward.

driftescort
24-04-10, 17:59
Good idea I'd say.

EvojeepGal
26-04-10, 20:35
I have one question though, what on earth will Mick do as he's not a driver?!:rolleyes::p

Anything that requires a union/comittee or spokesperson etc etc usually always ends up in a disaster. Yes it's a great idea and great for drivers to clear their chests a bit and clean the un drift educated comments of a general forum but it will be interesting to see if it would actually work and be run proper along with the constructive comments actually been taken on board by the PD enterprise?! :confused:

I know of many previous suggestions over different things even back to before I competed and there was always a constructive reason or comment to stop any questions or suggestions within the series.

Robbie Daly Ps13
11-05-10, 17:47
Lads is there anything being done about this theres 7 pages of people saying what a good idea it is but it don't look like theres much being done.......!

Administrator
11-05-10, 19:00
Lads is there anything being done about this theres 7 pages of people saying what a good idea it is but it don't look like theres much being done.......!

This can be done, but those who want it will have to approach us about it with details of what they want, get us driver listings etc.

Robbie Daly Ps13
11-05-10, 21:43
This can be done, but those who want it will have to approach us about it with details of what they want, get us driver listings etc.

Well then lets do it then........! Someone needs to take charge of this.......! Wez i think your the man for the job seeing as you tought of this.......!

damo86
11-05-10, 21:45
ya wez you da man:D