PDA

View Full Version : mondello 17-4-10 aftermath

bart
17-04-10, 18:11
well what ye all think??????????
great track time and what a savage day...
some laugh... :D:D:D

larry kehoe
17-04-10, 18:45
what a day.....

had a ball in my little 4age, no handbrake so little scandanavian and away she went....:D, only faltered for the last session breaking down on a cyl and water pump leak but other than that went like a clock.

herd a rumor there may be another one before august aswell

looneydrift
17-04-10, 18:51
july 10:) its on there site

Aidan Hogan
17-04-10, 19:03
For 2010 , Here ya go :

JANUARY
Sunday 24th - Finished

MARCH
Sunday 14th - Finished

APRIL
Saturday 17th - Finished

JULY
Saturday 10th -

AUGUST
Sunday 15th -

SEPTEMBER
Sunday 15th - Japfest

NOVEMBER
Sunday 14th -

hunty_sideways
17-04-10, 20:19
savage day :) got a spin out with taffy and andy so a good day in all :) roll on the next one :D

Stevo
17-04-10, 20:25
Savage day up there today, loads of track time and gud craic around the pits:cool: and the bouncy barge still in one piece :)

Greg
17-04-10, 20:40
Savage day up there today, loads of track time and gud craic around the pits:cool: and the bouncy barge still in one piece :)

How'd she go Stevo?

Stevo
17-04-10, 20:56
How'd she go Stevo?

Didnt miss a beat greggers, even with standard suspension the cage took a huge amount of body roll out :)
I NEED to plumb up the hydro tho standard handbreak was no use at all:(

jonny b
17-04-10, 20:56
savage day.... :)

joey banana s14
17-04-10, 21:13
my first time in mondello what a day sum craic car ran like a dream all day havta thank the wav man for stayin up til 3 lastnight gettin her ready mick for everything n gettin petrol, yowdy, taffy for loan of a front wheel your a life saver, after i blew the front tyre locking up after my lucky escape from the pit wall:D got my 1st 3rd gear drifts and managed 80mph sideways my last run at the s shit me jocks moment:eek: but happy out cant wait for next one now get up pics and vids lads;)

Greg
17-04-10, 21:17
Didnt miss a beat greggers, even with standard suspension the cage took a huge amount of body roll out :)

Good shit. Except for the handbrake obviously. There must have been loads of throwing it in and hoping for the best going on so. Wheres the pictures and videos? :D

bennycw43
17-04-10, 22:23
great day, very slippery after the water tanker :D afm went halfway through the day so i had to park up but stiil had great craic spectating ;)

crazypotato
17-04-10, 23:08
class day plenty of laps hole in the hedge was real dodge when water was down but good crack

JKAV
17-04-10, 23:38
Cracker of a day, first time out since Sep..............bug is BACK:)

rich20
18-04-10, 09:42
Great day loads a track time finaly got used to the car and going 3rd gear sideways. cant wait for the next one...Wheres the pics lads???

SUPER 180
18-04-10, 10:11
I tought it was SHIT!!! the way they wetted the corners and very dangerous!!!
my first time out was great and was flat out the whole time, great crack!!
but then they went and wetted the corners:( was commin flat out from a
half dry corner into a totally wet one and would just spin off...
so just packed up my stuff and left after my second run:rolleyes:
i think its safe to say i wont be going back:(

insejn
18-04-10, 10:12
serious stupid thing to wet the corners. its a joke . i know its down to keep the noise levels down, BUT CMON. ITS A TRACK.

hunty_sideways
18-04-10, 10:20
ill have a few video's up tomorrow ;)
sure the day that was in it ,once the corners were sprayed with water, they were dry again within 10 mins :rolleyes:

@ jeoy: newly painted pit wall held its breath that time ha ha ha

DOC23
18-04-10, 11:53

handbrake is terrible in omega's!! fitted a hydro to mine nd its a gr8t job!
did you try using shift locking atal?

SUPER 180
18-04-10, 12:23
ill have a few video's up tomorrow ;)
sure the day that was in it ,once the corners were sprayed with water, they were dry again within 10 mins :rolleyes:

true the track would dry up in about ten mins
but the water tanker was going aroud just before group C
was goin out (which i was in) then the next two groups would
dave a dry track:rolleyes::mad:

and the thing i cant understand is why do some days they wet it
and some days they dont :confused::confused::confused:

blusrule
18-04-10, 13:03
Savage day! Car went really well with the hydraulic handbrake working!
The pit wall paint isn't perfect any more though! :rolleyes:

The wet corners wasnt that big a problem really, sure they went for ages without wetting the corners at one stage and was really dry! I wouldn't care what it was like, after paying the money I'd use up all my time!

bart
18-04-10, 14:49
yea paul your right about wetting it.. was a joke.. comming in flat out and hitting wand on dry and then wet.. was tricky..
but really thought it was class...
anyone more pics????????

joey banana s14
18-04-10, 15:01
yeah that got me few times coming ta honda swong outa da wand at the plastic barriers hit the water the did bou 2 360 spins:eek: nearly puked worse than a carnival ride sum craic tho

wayne.c
18-04-10, 17:13
savage day car went well for the first day out was happy with the day.
the water wasn't bad it gave a bit of a callange no point havein it the same all day. good for practicing wet and dry track. them foam barriers are sum job seen a car hitin one hard and no damage.

Stevo
18-04-10, 18:22
handbrake is terrible in omega's!! fitted a hydro to mine nd its a gr8t job!
did you try using shift locking atal?

Just slowed down enough to dip clutch in second on most of the corners, but done shift lock on the S's and was savage in the barge :D
Track was'nt watered that much only first 2-3 runs which was great for the omega but think with weather been so hot they didnt bother wetting after lunch!!

rich20
18-04-10, 21:27
Yea wetting the track was stupid but i was in group a so was only dry on very first run was a little bit tricky in the half wet parts.....Disconnect the water in the place next time :D

joey banana s14
18-04-10, 22:34
bump for pics and vids the wav man has pics but his interweb is fooked soo any1 else:cool:

titey86
18-04-10, 22:51
ha a great day out...really starting to get the hang of the car...as much seat time as ya can get really is the key!!

rollon the next one:D

yowdy
19-04-10, 07:02
yep realy enjoyd this have a smalll few teething probs to iron out but was ver hapy,, well worth the wait,, as for the water i didin mind it made for more of a challange,, id rather a wet track than no track,, bumpo for pics

hunty_sideways
19-04-10, 14:31
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv285/HUNTS15/andys13.jpg

Powwwwwwwwwww 1jz FUN !!!!! what a car :cool:

hunty_sideways
19-04-10, 14:35
jeoy and yowdy ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/hunty180kph#p/a/u/0/vZcqoKhBIRE

Taffy
19-04-10, 15:57
jeoy and yowdy ;)

any of me baby face :p

yeh was a savage day car did not miss a beat started to link up from the hole in the headge past the back of the pits

loving it got the bug proper bad now :D:D:D

yowdy
19-04-10, 17:24
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv285/HUNTS15/andys13.jpg

Powwwwwwwwwww 1jz FUN !!!!! what a car :cool:

cheers ted ah it looks well.. worth all the trouble

Aidan Hogan
19-04-10, 18:04
jeoy and yowdy ;)

For as long as I've known joey I knew he was a mad cunt but fucking hell :eek: :D :cool:

Aidan Hogan
19-04-10, 18:05
Andy that car is simply gorgeous :eek:
The sound off it is unreal too fair play man:D

joey banana s14
19-04-10, 18:57
jeoy and yowdy ;)

loving the vid lad i tried getten 3rd onda straight but poor standard sr couldnt hack it haha and ya wouldnt think it was yowdys 1st day to even drive tha car haha mad cunt:eek:

Taffy
19-04-10, 18:59
loving the vid lad i tried getten 3rd onda straight but poor standard sr couldnt hack it haha and ya wouldnt think it was yowdys 1st day to even drive tha car haha mad cunt:eek:

fair play ted you had the the bends behind the pits dailed in in the end :Dwas some crack seamed to leap frog each other all day :p

joey banana s14
19-04-10, 19:06
fair play ted you had the the bends behind the pits dailed in in the end :Dwas some crack seamed to leap frog each other all day :p

ahh stop everytime you wer behind me id spin then see you around the corner ahh sum craic its all a learnin curve well be sippin tea with the deanes and macnamaras soon with our trophie cabinet full :p well maybe ha

Taffy
19-04-10, 19:08
ha ha cant wait for the next outing now you want that ecu you will get 3rd then :p:D

SUPER 180
19-04-10, 19:36
Were you in group c joey?
if so i think you were the lad i vas havin sa good little dice wit:D
i was in a purple 180

1jsoarer
19-04-10, 20:23
yeah it was some day! My car was actin the fuck alday! Had some craic doe!

bart
19-04-10, 20:26
yeah it was some day! My car was actin the fuck alday! Had some craic doe!

and a few close ones..
had a good run with you lad there on one run... :D

EvojeepGal
19-04-10, 20:42
Did they get rid of all the tyres on track then or what did they use (if anything)

hunty_sideways
19-04-10, 20:57
nope no tyre's only big foam blocks on the side :D

@taffy dude iv only one of you just as ya straighten up <no abuse please> :p
and thanks for the terrifying/enjoyable spin out ha ha

@ jeoy ill upload the other one off ya tomorrow lets just say it proves ya can get further down the straight ;)

@yowdy ill invoice ya for workin till 3am friday night,think barry and taffy have already done so :D:D

yowdy
19-04-10, 21:55
ah tanx hunty woz epic,, gona take a while to get the feel of the car and mite be able to push it next day if i sort the hand breke,, joey get wan and staceys pics up ya ..........,, i wana c our dunlop pic:D

SUPER 180
19-04-10, 22:36
nope no tyre's only big foam blocks on the side :D

@taffy dude iv only one of you just as ya straighten up <no abuse please> :p
and thanks for the terrifying/enjoyable spin out ha ha

@ jeoy ill upload the other one off ya tomorrow lets just say it proves ya can get further down the straight ;)

@yowdy ill invoice ya for workin till 3am friday night,think barry and taffy have already done so :D:D

Any vids of me doin the straight lad??? (purple 180)

hunty_sideways
19-04-10, 22:56
just the one where ya do a lovely drift off the corner and then end up facin the camera :eek:
throw it up tomorrow lad ;)

SUPER 180
20-04-10, 00:44
Good man!! :D

1jsoarer
20-04-10, 20:06
and a few close ones..
had a good run with you lad there on one run... :D

close ones????? i'd only one :eek: moment lol!, yeah we'd a bit of craic alrite:D....ya fucker....if i could only get the bastard to rev!!:p

joey banana s14
20-04-10, 20:26
Good man!! :D

yep iwas was that you i remember being behind you on the straight couldnt see a thing you had the place smokin haha i was trying ta follow your lines:rolleyes: not that easy haha good laugh trying tho

SUPER 180
21-04-10, 10:11
yep iwas was that you i remember being behind you on the straight couldnt see a thing you had the place smokin haha i was trying ta follow your lines:rolleyes: not that easy haha good laugh trying tho

lol ye tats the one :D

you were pilotin your yoke well to lad!!