View Full Version : R33 gearbox short shifter

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 20:30
Ne1 got one if these by anychance? with everything needed for fitting an with that bushing at the end if d gearstick? thx :)

Robbie Daly Ps13
26-03-10, 20:49
Good lad how ya keeping was talking to ya up in urban the day of the mapping....... Did ya get your yoke mapped in the end............

Don't know about a short shifter but i know of an ikea formula going cheap if your interested......!

sweeney87
26-03-10, 21:13
how much for the ikea i would take one for my 33

Robbie Daly Ps13
26-03-10, 21:17
1000 squids brand new in the box..........!

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 21:18
Good lad how ya keeping was talking to ya up in urban the day of the mapping....... Did ya get your yoke mapped in the end............

Don't know about a short shifter but i know of an ikea formula going cheap if your interested......!

well man hows tings?!!!?!? which lad wer u again? d lad wit d white wideass 13? :D didnt get d chance 2 offload d car even, sum olde one came in an gave out bout d noise had to shut it down. :( im gona sound stupid asking dis but fuck it... wats a ikea formula?? :o a gearbox is it?

Robbie Daly Ps13
26-03-10, 21:27
Yea i was the lad with the fat bitch..........:p

Na ya don't sound stupid at all they wouldnt be that many of them around these parts...........

It a shifter that bolts on in place of your origanil shifter........... Its kinda like a squenquill box....... Man i can't spell that word for the life of me.......! But ya still have to use the clutch............. But ya can bang it up trough the gears theres no more H patteren........

Just straight up and down............

Heres a link............

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/index.html

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 21:57
Yea i was the lad with the fat bitch..........:p

Na ya don't sound stupid at all they wouldnt be that many of them around these parts...........

It a shifter that bolts on in place of your origanil shifter........... Its kinda like a squenquill box....... Man i can't spell that word for the life of me.......! But ya still have to use the clutch............. But ya can bang it up trough the gears theres no more H patteren........

Just straight up and down............

Heres a link............

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/index.html

oh yeh now i know, bita outa my budget thou :( ha, wat figure u get dat day again man?

Robbie Daly Ps13
26-03-10, 22:04
oh yeh now i know, bita outa my budget thou :( ha, wat figure u get dat day again man?

Sure ya went this far with the build ya might aswell finish it off.......... Go on treat yourself........:D

Car made 306 bhp and 330 torque......... Was a little less than expected and still haven't driven the car so dunno what to think........... But im sure when i drive it il be happy............

When you getting your yoke mapped so............ You doing pd this year.......!

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 22:09
Sure ya went this far with the build ya might aswell finish it off.......... Go on treat yourself........:D

Car made 306 bhp and 330 torque......... Was a little less than expected and still haven't driven the car so dunno what to think........... But im sure when i drive it il be happy............

When you getting your yoke mapped so............ You doing pd this year.......!

nothing wrong wit dat man!!! as for the gearbox, im truly broke after d build lol, i can only wish man lol, yeh im tink about it, mite do 1 r 2 round depending on d funds, u al set 4 it urself? steve said he'll come back on d 8th den map it for me an another fells dat ran outta time aswell, cutting it tight thou, off to silverstone d next day!!! :S in a car i never drifted since august!

Robbie Daly Ps13
26-03-10, 22:20
nothing wrong wit dat man!!! as for the gearbox, im truly broke after d build lol, i can only wish man lol, yeh im tink about it, mite do 1 r 2 round depending on d funds, u al set 4 it urself? steve said he'll come back on d 8th den map it for me an another fells dat ran outta time aswell, cutting it tight thou, off to silverstone d next day!!! :S in a car i never drifted since august!

Ah ya'l be grand lad few laps ya'l get the feel of it in no time.......... Your yoke should make good power.......... What did ya say it was running a 2871 was it............

Bit of advice for ya aswell lad....... If ya have all the arms in her get them set by someone who know what thereat up big time....... It'l be like night and day............ The best money i ever spent on my car..........!

Will ya do formoy......... !

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 22:34
Ah ya'l be grand lad few laps ya'l get the feel of it in no time.......... Your yoke should make good power.......... What did ya say it was running a 2871 was it............

Bit of advice for ya aswell lad....... If ya have all the arms in her get them set by someone who know what thereat up big time....... It'l be like night and day............ The best money i ever spent on my car..........!

Will ya do formoy......... !

yeh gt2871r, so hopefully il get d hang of it, yeh i mite try get dat done before rd1, who u get 2 do urs dude? tink u told me but i forgot, i av all d arms, but i havent a clue about d alignment :S

mike g
26-03-10, 22:36
steve said he'll come back on d 8th den map it for me an another fells dat ran outta time aswell,

ya thats me, only need 30mins to set mine as only has to be set for 1.5bar of boost and ill be done

Robbie Daly Ps13
26-03-10, 22:44
yeh gt2871r, so hopefully il get d hang of it, yeh i mite try get dat done before rd1, who u get 2 do urs dude? tink u told me but i forgot, i av all d arms, but i havent a clue about d alignment :S

I got john stone to do mine but i was down in wicked imports a few weeks ago and seen the equpmient he has for doing it so id send it there.......... He's not dear either so i think il be sending my own down there in a wee while...........

You should be looking at a handy 350 bhp if not more............!

colm
26-03-10, 22:52
Ne1 got one if these by anychance? with everything needed for fitting an with that bushing at the end if d gearstick? thx :)

$50 on ebay, i was looking at one the other day myself

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 22:57
ya thats me, only need 30mins to set mine as only has to be set for 1.5bar of boost and ill be done

hey man! every1s on here! lol :) u get coilovers sorted after? have u had ne word from steve ? tinks it set for the 8th? @robbie, yeh i was askin WKD to get mine done, is it a gud set up yeh? in fairness dey do know der stuff , its 100 euro to have it done. hopefully ill b getin near that figure alrite, hopefully all will go well. duno bout fermoy, i heard ders a trackday in mondello d same day?? an id like abit practice

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 22:59
$50 on ebay, i was looking at one the other day myself

hey colm, do dey come wit dat little bush at d end do u know? i didnt get a gearstick at all wit my rb box :o

colm
26-03-10, 23:00
there the whole kit from what i could see. Il be sticking one in mine so there will be a standard one here if your stuck

mike g
26-03-10, 23:05
hey man! every1s on here! lol :) u get coilovers sorted after? have u had ne word from steve ? tinks it set for the 8th?

ya iv 3 sets here i can use so be grand i say!! lol.. no i didnt email him yet about it, i will do it on monday and find out wha the craic is!! shud be good when its done

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 23:15
there the whole kit from what i could see. Il be sticking one in mine so there will be a standard one here if your stuck

cud u send us on d link man? i mite have to take u up on dat if i dont get sumtin sorted :(

ya iv 3 sets here i can use so be grand i say!! lol.. no i didnt email him yet about it, i will do it on monday and find out wha the craic is!! shud be good when its done

lol yeh i tink ur covered wit 3 sets alrite, :rolleyes: yeh just to see wats happening, i tink he's busy dis weather thou, its hard to get a reply at times, let us know if u get ne news. hell ya itl b gud wen its done, it was mad to go dat time neway!! lol, itl be cool next time cuz he wont b rushing as der'll b just me and u getin d cars mapped

mike g
26-03-10, 23:26
lol yeh i tink ur covered wit 3 sets alrite, :rolleyes: yeh just to see wats happening, i tink he's busy dis weather thou, its hard to get a reply at times, let us know if u get ne news. hell ya itl b gud wen its done, it was mad to go dat time neway!! lol, itl be cool next time cuz he wont b rushing as der'll b just me and u getin d cars mapped

ya it wont be all rushed but mine will be done quick as iv no engine problems and hopefully will have grip this time!!:D lol..

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 23:29
hopefully il be in d same boat :rolleyes:

colm
26-03-10, 23:37
cud u send us on d link man? i mite have to take u up on dat if i dont get sumtin sorted :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Skyline-R32-R33-GTS-T-Short-Shifter-Shift-Quick_W0QQitemZ280479755254QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414de56bf6

TIMMY495
26-03-10, 23:46
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Skyline-R32-R33-GTS-T-Short-Shifter-Shift-Quick_W0QQitemZ280479755254QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414de56bf6

yeh was lukin at dat one dude, only tings throwin me off on dat is dat bushing at the end of d gearstick is a smaller in diameter dan d one out of the rb box? (i tink) luks like a sr one, i could be wrong thou :o

colm
26-03-10, 23:50
il let you konw when mine arrives lol

TIMMY495
27-03-10, 00:00
il let you konw when mine arrives lol

lol thx dude, its on order already? u expecting it soon? hope it will fit ok 4 ya dude, let me know, just readin through ur build thread ere, its taking me ages!! lol gud stuff thou

colm
28-03-10, 15:40
yep should be in sometime this week. Il let you know how it fits