19-03-10, 14:40
As above €35 snots cheapy cheap :D
http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12403.htm

drift student
19-03-10, 15:55
savage job...... now i know what ill be gettin this weekend ha ha

Dreamworks-silvia
19-03-10, 16:39
egg shells is whats being sold, grand for drifting dont think id be using one as my bike helmet tho

Mick K
19-03-10, 16:49
Wanna be thinkin of your head lads,You've only the one!

Stevo
19-03-10, 16:55
Wanna be thinkin of your head lads,You've only the one!

Be grand for drifting, would'nt fancy them hitting the tarmac coming off a bike tho!

drift student
19-03-10, 17:05
i was only thinkin of it for drivin around town in the passat!!!!!

dont own a bike.

SRray
19-03-10, 20:16
€35 for a potenial life saving piece of equipment?How shite would that be in fairness!!Has anyone ever seen the Japspeed Skylines crash?Dan Chapman at CastleCombe?It is possible to have a heavy impact in a driftcar aswell lads!
I dont mean to rant or anything but after the smash me Dad had last year on the bike we were all glad he had a €450 helmet and he still broke a bone in his neck!So to be quite honest if anyone would trust their skull with that then they really do need there head examined!

subzero
19-03-10, 20:31
bought the faceless one last year, i feel like an astranaut in it, feels massive...

gonna buy something proper this year .

Tekno Twinky
19-03-10, 20:32
its designed for your head to smash off the ground in crash..

It passes the latest standards..

Your not useing it on a bike..

35euro because it has no brand name!

there all mass produced by the same machines:rolleyes:

SRray
19-03-10, 20:48
its designed for your head to smash off the ground in crash..

It passes the latest standards..

Your not useing it on a bike..

35euro because it has no brand name!

there all mass produced by the same machines:rolleyes:

So you reckon they do the same R&D as Shoei,Agv,Sparco and Stilo?:rolleyes:
I certainly wouldnt go with €35 of R&D!

Tekno Twinky
19-03-10, 20:51
So you reckon they do the same R&D as Shoei,Agv,Sparco and Stilo?:rolleyes:
I certainly would go with €35 of R&D!

R&D whats that?

All im saying is that they would do the same job as any helmet to be used in drift car! none of us are doing 100kmh entrys here! bar you forgot to bolt your seats down or attatch your harness your never gona need a bike helmet.

sbradley
19-03-10, 20:56
they obviously passed a safety standard if there been sold...so they should do the job...

SRray
19-03-10, 21:02
Research and development
All Im getting at is that some things you just should spend a bit of money on,in fairness it is your head,Im not gorgous,but Id like a good helmet to hold some of my big brain intact ha ha!:D

jap scrap
19-03-10, 23:25
i would rather spend a extra few quid on a good harness i must buy one for passengers i have a omp one and a open face sparco one the open face sparco one is there 50 euro collected if anyone is interested..

insejn
19-03-10, 23:30
must've passed the regulations, so can't see a problem
if we were moto-racing i would agree, but as for a daily drifter out on the track...

better than no helmet:)

stack-180sx
19-03-10, 23:31
there was something said at pro drift loging day last weekend about aldi helmets dont know if they will let you use them this year ??

Dotzs14a
19-03-10, 23:37
there was something said at pro drift loging day last weekend about aldi helmets dont know if they will let you use them this year ??

Tats mad, at the end of the day it still a helmet which im sure had to pass the same safety standards like al the rest:confused:

stack-180sx
19-03-10, 23:40
Tats mad, at the end of the day it still a helmet which im sure had to pass the same safety standards like al the rest:confused:

ya but i dont think they are eu stamped lad i'm not sure what the story is but would be a good idea to ring them befor you buy one

Dotzs14a
19-03-10, 23:43
ya but i dont think they are eu stamped lad i'm not sure what the story is but would be a good idea to ring them befor you buy one

Altough it does make ye wonder why they are only 35euro:confused:

stack-180sx
19-03-10, 23:47
sorry that was ment to say they aren't eu stamped and thats prob why they are only 35 i gave 400 for a helmet one time and i well prob end up using that one this year becaust my motor cross one prod wont do

s13-ste
19-03-10, 23:51
nothing wrong with them at all.

"Material – PC for ECE 2205 Standard"

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12403.htm

whats ECE 2205???
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/ece-22-05.htm

way2fastforu
19-03-10, 23:55
id trust one no bother in a car...but in fairness i wouldnt trust any helmet on bike ya can still get a scrambled brain wit a helmet even if it doesnt break

stack-180sx
19-03-10, 23:55
nothing wrong with them at all.

"Material – PC for ECE 2205 Standard"

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12403.htm

i hope so because i dont feel like wrecking my €400 helmet will use the €30 motor cross helmet i used last year

Alan B.
20-03-10, 00:38
sorry that was ment to say they aren't eu stamped and thats prob why they are only 35 i gave 400 for a helmet one time and i well prob end up using that one this year becaust my motor cross one prod wont do

i hope so because i dont feel like wrecking my €400 helmet will use the €30 motor cross helmet i used last year

:rolleyes:
why did you spend 400quid on your helmet if you're not going to wear it when you need it?

i could be wrong but that sounds stupid.

s13-ste
20-03-10, 00:48
yeah i agree if i could afford a 400 lid i wouldn't be leaving it sitting there to gather dust while i wore a cheap one:rolleyes:

gem-s13
20-03-10, 02:45
them lids will be grand no point spending over a 100euro on a lid to wear inside a car!! back when i raced bikes i paid 350euro on a gold stamped vemar helmet went out on the bike 3rd lap i hit a jump flat(not recomended) over jumped it landed on the flat hit my face off the handle bars broke the front off the helmet and burst my teeth out trough my lip!! 350euro and that happend if it was 35 euro piss pot the same thing would have happend so ill be buying one as a spare!!

Dotzs14a
20-03-10, 02:49
them lids will be grand no point spending over a 100euro on a lid to wear inside a car!! back when i raced bikes i paid 350euro on a gold stamped vemar helmet went out on the bike 3rd lap i hit a jump flat(not recomended) over jumped it landed on the flat hit my face off the handle bars broke the front off the helmet and burst my teeth out trough my lip!! 350euro and that happend if it was 35 euro piss pot the same thing would have happend so ill be buying one as a spare!!

Sounds sore man, sure if it goin happen wit a 350 euro helmet migh iswell buy the 35 euro one

Ace
20-03-10, 11:51
was told at loggin last week no way a lidl or aldi helmet was good enough :-(
this year they are goin to be strict on the regs for helmets lads so dont waste the 35e cause that helmet wont pass scrutiny!
below is regs copied from Prodrift!

Certified Helmet (Full face only)
FIA8860-2004
Snell Memorial Foundation – SA95, SA2000, SA2005
SFI Foundation – Spec 31.2, Spec 31.1A, Spec 31.2A
British Helmet Standard – BS6658 Type A/FR, BS6658-85 Type A

Alan B.
20-03-10, 12:17
i'd be ringing to see if an ECE 2205 Standard helmet will pass, not if a lidl helmet will pass.
cant see why a european standard wont be good enough when a british one is?
not to mention that the ECE standard is more stringant then the 2010 snell standard as thats an american standard and their helmets dont need to witstand as high an impact force to pass as the helmets in the ECE standard.

where it came from or how much it cost shouldnt matter a fuck.

s13-ste
20-03-10, 12:41
i'd be ringing to see if an ECE 2205 Standard helmet will pass, not if a lidl helmet will pass.

exactly, because the names lidl/aldi are mentioned people think its to a shit standard because they are so cheap... thay are cheap because they are bought in a fucking mahoooooooosive bulk!:rolleyes:

ask PD about the stadard code and not the name and i bet it would pass.

and as for full face only, thats bull shit, thay can try enforce FIA standards but even WRC drivers use open face helmets

Alan B.
20-03-10, 12:59
tbh, asking if an aldi/lidl helmet will be okay,
is about as worth while as asking will a blue helmet be okay.

bnollie
20-03-10, 13:29
Lads they should be grand they are ECE 2205 standard as said you are inside the car not on a bike. A bit off topic but how many people drive with bride seats for every day use and they aren't EC tested look at this test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Qsd4-8IMo

LauraD
20-03-10, 19:53
iv looked into how safe and that theres nothin wrong with them ill be getting on for track :)

vtecpete
20-03-10, 22:23
il be buying one tomorrow, its gonna be used by me learning to drift and track days i wont be entering corners at mad speed.
it passes the standards so while its not the best it cant be total shit.
it will do me for a start but i dont think id be using one on a bike just in case, its a lot safer inside the car (hopefully ha)

Tekno Twinky
20-03-10, 22:27
il be buying one tomorrow, its gonna be used by me learning to drift and track days i wont be entering corners at mad speed.
it will do me for a start but i dont think id be using one on a bike just in case, its a lot safer inside the car (hopefully ha)

bingo! was his name

Tekno Twinky
20-03-10, 22:32
was told at loggin last week no way a lidl or aldi helmet was good enough :-(
this year they are goin to be strict on the regs for helmets lads so dont waste the 35e cause that helmet wont pass scrutiny!
below is regs copied from Prodrift!

Certified Helmet (Full face only)
FIA8860-2004
Snell Memorial Foundation – SA95, SA2000, SA2005
SFI Foundation – Spec 31.2, Spec 31.1A, Spec 31.2A
British Helmet Standard – BS6658 Type A/FR, BS6658-85 Type A

all these rules are aload of cock there all cunts without a clue i dont care what they have on paper! everyones should have to sign a fully responsible documeant and that be it! money money money money COCK

Arnie
20-03-10, 23:37
I think it's worth to note that the difference between standards for motorbike helmet and car helmet is that the car one (in addition to passing the strength requirements) has to be flame retardant to some standard (in case of fire in the cabin) whereas it doesn't matter on a bike helmets.

BTW, is it ok to have an open face helmet on practice days in a non-rollcaged car (Stones, Mondello, WGH if ever opened) as I truly hate full face ones.

Going to buy one tomoro, thanks for letting know

vtecpete
20-03-10, 23:51
I think it's worth to note that the difference between standards for motorbike helmet and car helmet is that the car one (in addition to passing the strength requirements) has to be flame retardant to some standard (in case of fire in the cabin) whereas it doesn't matter on a bike helmets.

BTW, is it ok to have an open face helmet on practice days in a non-rollcaged car (Stones, Mondello, WGH if ever opened) as I truly hate full face ones.

Going to buy one tomoro, thanks for letting know

yeah afaik open faced are grand for the track, iv seen plenty of people use them

stack-180sx
21-03-10, 01:11
yeah i agree if i could afford a 400 lid i wouldn't be leaving it sitting there to gather dust while i wore a cheap one:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
why did you spend 400quid on your helmet if you're not going to wear it when you need it?

i could be wrong but that sounds stupid.

had a CBR 600 one time prob going to buy one again thats why i got the €400 helmet seemed like a good idea to spend money on something that keeps my head safe only have one of them :D

cobcorsa
21-03-10, 04:24

spot on , cant get any clearer than that

Alan B.
21-03-10, 11:27
had a CBR 600 one time prob going to buy one again thats why i got the €400 helmet seemed like a good idea to spend money on something that keeps my head safe only have one of them :D

yeah but my point was more that the helmet isn't going to get wrecked unless you crash,
and if you crash, wont you want your head as protected as posible?

Gitzer
21-03-10, 13:10
got one of these for tomorow....they had feck all left at 11am!!!

jap scrap
21-03-10, 14:57
what are they like

s13-ste
21-03-10, 15:00
what are they like

i got a moto-x one a while ago and its grand, id rather a moto-x as it easier to breath in

Stevo
21-03-10, 21:36
what are they like

Surprizingly gud!!! fit well, look decent and €35 snots booooom! got the last medium in belgard at 11.45 everyone is buying them ha :D

vtecpete
21-03-10, 21:40
Surprizingly gud!!! fit well, look decent and €35 snots booooom! got the last medium in belgard at 11.45 everyone is buying them ha :D

guess i wont be getting one in my local, gotta try further a field tomorrow

mick-skyline
22-03-10, 10:50
they actually seem very good quality compared to the last ones they were doing, me da got one for potterin about on his 125, so im nicking the nitro one i bought a few years ago to keep it safe :D

Jimmy
22-03-10, 16:00

x2 got the last medium in finglas at 12 ha, i recon they'll be sound for what i want it for i wont be goin near prodrift anyway ha

LauraD
22-03-10, 16:03
on of the lads went around 4 shops and there all gone so far ha