PDA

View Full Version : prodrift

podge
04-07-09, 23:54
anyone here the rumour that prodrift wont be running next yr

Dunnedriftin
05-07-09, 00:08
whats the reason why they wont be running podge?

i think that could be a bit of a fairy tale, Graham has poured thousands into it and its going sucessful from what i can see!

Anyway if they dont run next year, all i can say is D-Rift is going to be back up on its feet running 110% and will have more tracks to use as prodrift wont be using them!

podge
05-07-09, 00:49
cause theyre not making money hence the reason the super series round was cancelled lately and also y nutts corner was reduced to a one day event

ste
05-07-09, 09:22
couldn see this being true.... fuckin hope not anyways:(

Davie
05-07-09, 09:34
cant see this happining,the amount of people at punchestown they have to be making a profit

ste
05-07-09, 10:13
sure they have money comin in everywhere, look at punchestown for example,

€20 entry per person
trade stands would have to pay in for there stands
drifters have to pay to enter too dont they?
and the clothing etc...

podge
05-07-09, 10:14
cant see this happining,the amount of people at punchestown they have to be making a profit

there wasnt as many there as wat usually attends these events

podge
05-07-09, 10:15
sure they have money comin in everywhere, look at punchestown for example,

€20 entry per person
trade stands would have to pay in for there stands
drifters have to pay to enter too dont they?
and the clothing etc...

but look how much it would cost to rent punchestwn for the day security for the event insurance all marshalls judges etc

ste
05-07-09, 10:20
i know at your sayin podge but it surely has to be makin money, i was talkin to bergo in pub last night and he was sayin nutts corner still aint finished yet and not sure wat way the spectators will work out as the tracks never been used before but i will agree that the nutts corner event will be dead, purely cause of the dates they have chosen..........ill not be going up anyways:(

Kruizer
05-07-09, 10:30
Can't see this being true...

Davie
05-07-09, 10:39
there wasnt as many there as wat usually attends these events

i know but there was still a hell of a crowd,they mightnt be making as much as previous years but with the times were in now there still pulling in the crowds, and as ste said there clothing and sponsers would be making them a few bob too

podge
05-07-09, 10:52
be interesting to see how it,ll fair out for next yr

bart
05-07-09, 11:22
yea heard this aswell a few weeks ago:(

Administrator
05-07-09, 11:40
Prepare for a driftireland series if it is the case :p

But I highly doubt and really hope it's not, PD over the last while has brought drifting to a whole new level and is without doubt the best series in the world with the resources they have available to them.

ste
05-07-09, 11:59
Prepare for a driftireland series if it is the case :p

that be savage but jay would win bleedin everythin..:D

s13-ste
05-07-09, 12:09
the amount of people at punchestown they have to be making a profit
Punchestown was empty lad.
the sat was a flop and the only reason the sunday was some what busy was because there was a good few english drivers over for the SS.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were to stop. first sign of people not making as much as they where a year ago and bang its shut up shop and call it a day.
they only have them selfs to blaim tho, over charging into events(both to drive and watch), charging silly money for their products, think i say the PD hoodys on sale for €80 at heatwave.

ste
05-07-09, 12:16
i think €20 is a reasonable price for a days entertainment i have to say...i was in punchestown on both sat and sunday and didnt think it was totally empty... i think it looked empty as the spectator area was so big, for example look at mondello it always looks packed but look at how small the spectator area in mondello does be

Dunnedriftin
05-07-09, 13:26
Punchestown was empty lad.
the sat was a flop and the only reason the sunday was some what busy was because there was a good few english drivers over for the SS.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were to stop. first sign of people not making as much as they where a year ago and bang its shut up shop and call it a day.
they only have them selfs to blaim tho, over charging into events(both to drive and watch), charging silly money for their products, think i say the PD hoodys on sale for €80 at heatwave.

That your right Ste, They went money mad charging absolute mad money for events and are you serious about the hoodys? thats fooking rediclous and i think they need to get down of there high horse with prices!

i heard (did not find out how true) but to enter 1 of the proseries events the entry fee is over €200 :eek:

s13-ste
05-07-09, 13:33
i was talking to dani at heat wave and she said its cheaper to enter a PD event than any in england, think its €150 for YOUR first event of the year and €100 for the rest. id say the €50 extra is for admin fees.
with over 100 cars at punchestown(136 i think it was) that means PD has taken in at least €5k in admin fees this year.

jamie180sx
05-07-09, 14:15
at the start of the year it costs€150 for the licience day.that includes stickers for the year and entry and licience.
its €100 for pro and 75 for novice

Frankae86
05-07-09, 18:00
Its a balls that our fun is going to be governed by the amount of spectators.
you hear people saying "oh drifting is the fastest growing sport in the world" and all this stuff about its taken the country by storm. So where are all the people and what are they doing?

I was at D-rift today and the crowd was shocking, the weather wasnt great today but the turn out was very dissapointing. Also the level of drivers was down on previous events.

paddymcgrath
05-07-09, 20:24
s13-ste, PD Hoodies have never been €80, they were €30 like always, could of been dodgey hand writing but whatever, common sense should prevail before making hilariously inaccurate assumptions just to create some controversy.

It is cheaper to enter a PD event than any of the UK events and when you look at EDC who don't even run a qualifying session anymore (names out of a hat system), PD is the premier drift series in Europe, bar none. BDC would probably be second even though they bill themselves as a sort of semi-pro series, the atmosphere and balls out driving is what the UK drift scene needed about five years ago.

2009 has been and is still tough for everyone, but I say fair play to all the competitors who still show up and support Irish drifting by driving the balls of their cars at every event and improving after every run. Graham is probably the most under-thanked person in Irish & UK drifting, he created from nothing one of the most recognised drift series on the planet and brought Irish drifting to the fore of the world scene. Unless you've worked behind the scenes, I don't think many people can appreciate how much work goes into each event, let alone an entire season ...

Prodrift is here to stay.

lsd32
05-07-09, 20:34
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well said paddy

lads we need to support and help all our home grown drift series casue without them what the hell have we???????back to steeto?????prodrfit is probably one of the most professional outfits we will ever see and thats not cheap!!but when competing or even spectating i think its dam good value for money with the tracks that are laid out for us and everything down to the stickers...top class!!!!!

starting rumours and such is not going to help with sponsors and getiing more spectators to events and i for one invest every spare penny as do most drivers just to get to the events as a drift community we need everyone here to be less negative and help drive drifting in ireland along

rant over:)

conorosr20
05-07-09, 21:14
s13-ste, PD Hoodies have never been €80, they were €30 like always, could of been dodgey hand writing but whatever, common sense should prevail before making hilariously inaccurate assumptions just to create some controversy.

It is cheaper to enter a PD event than any of the UK events and when you look at EDC who don't even run a qualifying session anymore (names out of a hat system), PD is the premier drift series in Europe, bar none. BDC would probably be second even though they bill themselves as a sort of semi-pro series, the atmosphere and balls out driving is what the UK drift scene needed about five years ago.

2009 has been and is still tough for everyone, but I say fair play to all the competitors who still show up and support Irish drifting by driving the balls of their cars at every event and improving after every run. Graham is probably the most under-thanked person in Irish & UK drifting, he created from nothing one of the most recognised drift series on the planet and brought Irish drifting to the fore of the world scene. Unless you've worked behind the scenes, I don't think many people can appreciate how much work goes into each event, let alone an entire season ...

Well said lad. :D This year has been tough on everyone,like most of the drivers are trades men or have something to do with that line of work.And all them jobs are being wiped out on a daily basis.....I know my job isnt secure i can only take one day at a time!And on that basis its hard for drivers,crowds etc to fund doing and attending these events.Hopefully we will have another few years of prodrift and d-rift.And our irish drivers abroad hopefully doing better :D And the lucky few who will defo get a break to go there too eventually! Rant over :)

Chuck_g
05-07-09, 21:27
Really hope this aint true as next year i will be going at it full wack..........if things do go bad tho il start up my own series!! Poverty series irl, entrys taken on Wednesdays, will settle for a good song! :)

podge
05-07-09, 21:49
de amount of seat time sucks at prodrift events thou towards the uk i didnt start tis as a rumour heard it mentioned a few times now at tis stage

conorosr20
05-07-09, 22:06
track time is practice day time,an event isnt a practice day.Esp not with the usual entries and the time limit.

Administrator
05-07-09, 22:12

Amen to that. And well said, straight from the horses mouth.

I'll gladly fork out €20 for a days entertainment and to watch what we all claim to love! Plus I'm sure that feck all of that is actual profit when everything is taken into consideration, insurance, staff, advertising etc.

I'd urge everyone to head along to as many events as possible to make sure the humours are put to bed as quickly as they arose. If PD ever stop it'll be a dark dark day for the sport.

s13-ste
05-07-09, 22:50
s13-ste, PD Hoodies have never been €80, they were €30 like always, could of been dodgey hand writing but whatever, common sense should prevail before making hilariously inaccurate assumptions just to create some controversy..

like i said i think i saw them at €80. as you said it could have been dodgy hand writing. i didn't say it just to create some controversy as i wouldn't be surprised at all. every stand a shows charges sill prices for products so why would it be strange for PD to do the same.

podge
05-07-09, 22:50
track time is practice day time,an event isnt a practice day.Esp not with the usual entries and the time limit.

how come the bdc can afford to run so uch pratice time then and as such theres no where really to pratice in ireland much bar watergrasshill some mondays and mondello every month or two

paddymcgrath
05-07-09, 23:49
BDC have half the competitors of PD and ten times the choice of tracks ...

bart
06-07-09, 01:18

but how can you say that when your not allowed to practice on the tracks PD have?? :confused:
also there is alot of people that pay 75 euro for 3 practice runs and then qualify run.. like in fairness. how are people ment to get better?? and not be pissed off at the same time??:mad:

Nicky
06-07-09, 02:06
Will definately not be good for the sport in Ireland if they were indeed to stop running events.

They are a very big concern in the drifting, and have done alot for the sport as you's have said, so its only right to attend as many events as possible to support the cause, because where would we be without it..? I really dont think Bishopscourt could take many more numbers up here than it already does.. lol

But, on the flip side, and as a reply to the over-price hoodies, some of their prices do indeed need looked at. For instance, the ProDrift coats they had for sale at Punchestown were €130, and that wasnt a mistake. The girl even tried telling me they were reduced for the event, with a normal price tag of €150.. "You having a laugh..?" was my reply.. Just glad there was no need for a coat that day.. lol

But, we are yet to see any confirmed reports or hear from any of the organisers themselves that the club is shutting up shop, so lets all assume its a load of balls and carry on the love, do what we can for the drift scene and continue supporting the fastest growing motorsport in the world, cos thats what has us all here in the first place, is it not..? :D

SWRC Wayne
07-07-09, 01:54
... theres no where really to pratice in ireland much bar watergrasshill some mondays and mondello every month or two

Emmm, yes there is ;)

jamie180sx
07-07-09, 09:18
in fairness to prodrift and im not sticking up for them,But
on saturday theres alot on.they have the novices first thing in the morning and look how many there are.They have to do practise,Qualifying and Twin battle(even though i heard its only a top 4 now.
Then theres the non seed pro and theres fook loads of them in it.They have to one again practice,Qualify and do a top 16 in which They have to allow for re-runs. Then theres pro on sunday which in itself takes to long,between practise,Qualifying,Super lap,top 16.and if theres a european event on that fucks that 2.
Now in fairness i do agree you dont get alot of runs in novice and not much more in non seed,but its and event which is a COMPETITION not a practice day.ITs for trying to win rather than practice.But every bit of track time counts because if you say im not going because you get fuck all track time ,its still better than none.
As for practice theres watergrasshill,Mondello(which i hear is savage)Goldstone which maybe a little rough but its not that bad,And you can go up north Which i hear you get savage track time.(ill be up soon wayne).
So if you want to practise there not like theres nowhere to go(just not to many). Rant over:D
P.SBRING BACK THE ROSEBOWL

bart
07-07-09, 13:39
Emmm, yes there is ;)

yea but he said IRELAND:p thats 3hrs away from us:cool:(but well worth the spin)

podge
07-07-09, 18:55
BDC have half the competitors of PD and ten times the choice of tracks ...

well maybe prodrift should vet and make people work for licences instead of just paying for them ive been to a good few prodrift and bdc events in the last year and imo bdc is a lot better run courses mightn be as fast or techical but better value for money imo

podge
07-07-09, 18:57
Emmm, yes there is ;)

ive been there wayne and a very good days entertainment ive had there but alais its a very long spin for some of us southerners u ever thing of trying to run an event down tis way;)

SWRC Wayne
07-07-09, 19:53
...And you can go up north Which i hear you get savage track time.(ill be up soon wayne)...[/SIZE]

Lol, yup thought you'd forgotten about us!

@ Podge, yes I'd certainly run the Amateur events just about anywhere and there are indeed plans for Championship events to be held around the country too. I'll keep ye posted on that. Meanwhile, I'll bugger off. Don't wanna hi-jack this thread...

meego1
07-07-09, 20:44
Lol, yup thought you'd forgotten about us!

@ Podge, yes I'd certainly run the Amateur events just about anywhere and there are indeed plans for Championship events to be held around the country too. I'll keep ye posted on that. Meanwhile, I'll bugger off. Don't wanna hi-jack this thread...

glad to see u always given time for your ameteurs wayne, this lacks in both other series. had a good days drifting wid use on saturday il be bck up for de court,best track in the country.

Administrator
07-07-09, 21:10
glad to see u always given time for your ameteurs wayne...

+1. I've only got praise for the SWRC and what they're doing for us beginners

--Sinead--
07-07-09, 21:21
P.SBRING BACK THE ROSEBOWL

Tried asking them last week if theres any hope of an ole sly practice day & its never gonna happen! :( :( :mad:

bart
07-07-09, 22:29
Tried asking them last week if theres any hope of an ole sly practice day & its never gonna happen! :( :( :mad:

never say never.. cause its going back to court;)

conorosr20
08-07-09, 11:13
but how can you say that when your not allowed to practice on the tracks PD have?? :confused:
also there is alot of people that pay 75 euro for 3 practice runs and then qualify run.. like in fairness. how are people ment to get better?? and not be pissed off at the same time??:mad:

As most of the tracks pd have,arent really tracks!Thats the problem in ireland,noone can get planning to build a track,and any track thats there is barely hanging in with morons complaining and trying to get them closed down.We in Ireland are unlucky as we can only practice in a few tracks and one of the best ones in gone because of some stupid prick.There is no doubt people get better by doing events as you push yourself harder at each one!The prices are crazy but lads,all motorsport is!

bart
08-07-09, 13:42
As most of the tracks pd have,arent really tracks!Thats the problem in ireland,noone can get planning to build a track,and any track thats there is barely hanging in with morons complaining and trying to get them closed down.We in Ireland are unlucky as we can only practice in a few tracks and one of the best ones in gone because of some stupid prick.There is no doubt people get better by doing events as you push yourself harder at each one!The prices are crazy but lads,all motorsport is!

yea thats true alrite.. rallying is alot dearer in fairness...
but in my opinion if PD did an amature season aswell as a pro..
then just have them totally different from each other
and they'd get alot more responce.. cause 90% of the amature drifters this year WILL NOT make it through to the sunday.

conorosr20
08-07-09, 15:55
yea thats true alrite.. rallying is alot dearer in fairness...
but in my opinion if PD did an amature season aswell as a pro..
then just have them totally different from each other
and they'd get alot more responce.. cause 90% of the amature drifters this year WILL NOT make it through to the sunday.

You could prob do that alright,but they prob wouldnt make as much profit as they would from a full weekend of it.Also they would prob find it hard to rent a place twice and the cost of renting the track alone wouldnt be covered by an amateur event alone.At the end of the day they are there to make money!

bart
08-07-09, 17:53
You could prob do that alright,but they prob wouldnt make as much profit as they would from a full weekend of it.Also they would prob find it hard to rent a place twice and the cost of renting the track alone wouldnt be covered by an amateur event alone.At the end of the day they are there to make money!

you said it in one there lad.. MAKE MONEY....

EvojeepGal
08-07-09, 18:54
What i find funny is a lot of accusations in here are being made by non PD competitors!

Competition is a competition, not track time nor practise. Every series is differently run. BDC does not run any advantage to track time over PD this year anyway so far, and also BDC can run a lot more cars on track at any one time compared to tracks we have here.

You have to attain a licence at a licence day to be able to compete in the BDC which is by far a great idea for limiting wasted track time by complete novices etc taking up time when they spin out or crash.

Tbh track time in practise sessions is mainly to blame for ppl crashing etc as it works at some events and not others.

PD as a series for drivers is not overly expensive & yes BDC does cost more on entry. And €200 entry for the Super Series is bullshit whoever came up with that ;)

I love the way Irish people jump on any bit of a band wagon to gossip and bad mouth at any given chance:rolleyes:

s13-ste
08-07-09, 20:24
you said it in one there lad.. MAKE MONEY....

ah now bart come on, they are hardly going to run it at their own cost, are they?
If i started a drift seris id look to make a few bob for my troubles. ALOT of time and effort goes into running an event and there is now way it could be done on your spear time. there fore time off work(or maybe even giving up your job) has to be taken and at your own cost

bart
08-07-09, 22:55
ah now bart come on, they are hardly going to run it at their own cost, are they?
If i started a drift seris id look to make a few bob for my troubles. ALOT of time and effort goes into running an event and there is now way it could be done on your spear time. there fore time off work(or maybe even giving up your job) has to be taken and at your own cost

im not getting onto them like for making money. we all out to make a few bob lad.. ;) but in one thread it says like they hardly make money at them.. but do the sums in ur head.. not gonna say it on this but its well over the cost...
im not gonna get into a row about this with anyone. cause im still gonna give PD my money:cool:

s13-ste
08-07-09, 23:09
but bart the fact of the matter is that no body on here knows the overheads PD face. we all say oh they are overcharging(iv said it more than once) but at the end of the day insurance aint cheap for these events.
i was looking into holding a drift day on some land belonging to a friend but when i looked into the insuance the cheapest quote i got was €30k. sound equipment for the weekend, right they might own it but it didn't pay for itself. use of the land. puncestown was deffo not cheap to rent for 4 days.
right they will make a good bit back from sponsers but not alot id say.
we can all only asume they are over charging untill we see their bills.

bart
08-07-09, 23:20
we can all only asume they are over charging untill we see their bills.

well thats not gonna happen ted.. ;)
i know where your coming from with the insurance and staff etc.. thats not cheap..
i'd a chat with graham before about a perfect venue i know where to use and got some details on prices..

but that all fell through(cops again):mad:

James Deane RX7
11-07-09, 12:21
Prodrift wont be going anywhere lads ;) Roll on Mondello.....:D

podge
11-07-09, 12:34

y is all the events being cancelled then ted

paddymcgrath
11-07-09, 13:14
Lydenn Hill was cancelled due to complications with the Lydenn Hill organisers, new date TBA shortly.

Croft was cancelled because of a court ruling, re-scheduled to August 8th at Donnington.

Nutts was postponed the first time because the track wasn't ready and second time because of no entries perhaps down to the weekend thats in it.

Not one thing PD could do about any of those things, not one. But yet again, it always seems to be the big, bad Prodrifts fault for everything ...

lsd32
11-07-09, 18:32
its always the same in ireland,people begrudging anyone making a sucess out of something(prodrift).In my opinion if there is so much money to be made and prodrift are not doing it right ,off ya go and start your own series.I have a fair idea where that will end.

moving on,there is a prodrift practise day in mondello in two weeks and an event there the following week so bring it!!:D

conorosr20
12-07-09, 11:37
nab nab nab nab,your gonna still have the same morons complaining the whole time!

danmoorhead
13-07-09, 18:02

fact!!!!can't wait for mondello

Dreamworks-silvia
14-07-09, 12:10
i heard they left it to late to book nuts the first time and some one else had it booked for that weekend wen they wen to book it and the story bout the track not being ready was the cover up excuse :confused:

paddymcgrath
14-07-09, 15:27
Oh yah, theres always a coverup. I heard PD were behind Area-51 and 9/11. True story ...

ste
14-07-09, 17:13
Oh yah, theres always a coverup. I heard PD were behind Area-51 and 9/11. True story ...

pmsl.... sure thats old news by now paddy:D