PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift Round 1 2010

Administrator
04-03-10, 09:46
http://www.prodriftseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rd1-fermoy.jpg

The opening event of the 2010 Prodrift Series is fast approaching, and what a treat it promises top be. Kicking off at Cork Marts, Fermoy, Co.Cork, Round 1 promises to deliver a spectacular opening battle to the 2010 season.

As we draw closer to the event, keep an eye on this page for special ticket concessions and added attractions. For the moment, check out the official event poster below and firmly mark April 18th in you diary as a must see drift event.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2681/4382714655_003dbe350e.jpg

Chuck_g
04-03-10, 09:51
Good stuff, kinda pisses me off they dont Advertise the 17th tho, its like the Amatuers and Semi Pro's dont exist. Ah well, i shud be there both days.

stack-180sx
04-03-10, 13:06
Good stuff, kinda pisses me off they dont Advertise the 17th tho, its like the Amatuers and Semi Pro's dont exist. Ah well, i shud be there both days.

your being very sure of your self chuck what if i just scream past you :D

s13-ste
04-03-10, 13:08
he didn't say he will be drifting both days :D

cant wait for this season to kick off. if last year is anything to go by it should be a good one and a few UK drivers coming over too

Dunnedriftin
04-03-10, 13:10

Your not the only driver who complains about this, a certain pro driver has complained to them before about this...

and looks like nothing has been done! :rolleyes:

Chuck_g
04-03-10, 13:10
he didn't say he will be drifting both days :D

Yes, i meant there to watch on the 18th!!

But Stackles, ur on bitch :D

yowdy
04-03-10, 13:13
ill be happy if i just have the car there

stack-180sx
04-03-10, 13:14
no prod chuck i cant wait for this year to start i'v the roads wrecked back my way doing a spot of practice :D

Prodrift
04-03-10, 16:19
Your not the only driver who complains about this, a certain pro driver has complained to them before about this...

and looks like nothing has been done! :rolleyes:

It seems in Ireland that 99% of spectators only come out on a Sunday, regardless of whats happening on the Saturday. Punchestown 2009 as an example. Full PD Irl Event on Sat but look at the crowds compared to the Sunday.
Other countries are different, when we go to Portugal, Sat is the event day with Sundays being more chilled/family days etc. Different cultures I suppose.
Also, Saturday spectators are usually hardcore fans or friends of competitors who already know whats going on.

PD Saturdays are designed for the Am Class and Non Seeded Drivers and to give them the best opportunity to shine/progress to the bigger show on Sunday. Example Donal Garry, Mike Fitz, Stephen Bolger & Michael Swan etc 2009.

We have things ongoing at the moment to get Car Clubs and Websites more involved in a PD Events for 2010 so watch this space for updates.

Cheers, KOS, PD

Mick K
04-03-10, 16:22
It seems in Ireland that 99% of spectators only come out on a Sunday, regardless of whats happening on the Saturday. Punchestown 2009 as an example. Full PD Irl Event on Sat but look at the crowds compared to the Sunday.
Other countries are different, when we go to Portugal, Sat is the event day with Sundays being more chilled/family days etc. Different cultures I suppose.
Also, Saturday spectators are usually hardcore fans or friends of competitors who already know whats going on.

PD Saturdays are designed for the Am Class and Non Seeded Drivers and to give them the best opportunity to shine/progress to the bigger show on Sunday. Example Donal Garry, Mike Fitz, Stephen Bolger & Michael Swan etc 2009.

We have things ongoing at the moment to get Car Clubs and Websites more involved in a PD Events for 2010 so watch this space for updates.

Cheers, KOS, PD
^^I think you mean Ricky Bobby:D

Ive a pic here of the car now as it stands,You'd never think it was the same one.

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-03-10, 19:08
Really looking forward to this........

Pray god my car will be ready..............!

Dunnedriftin
04-03-10, 19:44

Cheers, KOS, PD

I wasnt having a go at you Karl or anybody from prodrift. I was just saying basicly some people arent happy that theres not enough publicity for the PD Amature events, and that is wasnt only chuck that said it about the advertisment of the Amatures / semi pro's events.

Glad to hear about getting more people / clubs involved in the irish drifting series! :)

grimix180
04-03-10, 22:49
your being very sure of your self chuck what if i just scream past you :D

u have to catch me first lol:D

stack-180sx
04-03-10, 23:21
u have to catch me first lol:D

hope your bringing big power :D

what car have you now lad ?? havent see you around in ages ??

grimix180
04-03-10, 23:31
hope your bringing big power :D

what car have you now lad ?? havent see you around in ages ??

built a 180 now lad dont u be worryd bout my power lad should have more than enough have been in hiding tryin to build this car wat class goin in lad

stack-180sx
04-03-10, 23:35
i'm in non seated since last year looking forward to seeing the 180 will yoube getting it logged the 13th ?

grimix180
05-03-10, 00:04
yeah id say so have 2 go at it next week gettin a stand alone 850 injectors fuel pump and e85

danmoorhead
05-03-10, 00:08
ill be happy if i just have the car there

as will i!!!!

Mick K
05-03-10, 00:08
as will i!!!!

Are ye buildin or sellin the 14 now Jim?

danmoorhead
05-03-10, 00:12
Are ye buildin or sellin the 14 now Jim?

have it nearly back 2gether at the min!!! should be gettin it mapped in the next 2 weeks all goin well!!!

Mick K
05-03-10, 00:12
have it nearly back 2gether at the min!!! should be gettin it mapped in the next 2 weeks all goin well!!!

Mint,Cant wait to hear the clatters of the Anti lag again

danmoorhead
05-03-10, 00:17
Mint,Cant wait to hear the clatters of the Anti lag again

started it up in da garage da orther night!!!! had it running for a gud 10 mins just popin da shit outa it!!! never get tired of hearin it lol

yowdy
05-03-10, 00:23
started it up in da garage da orther night!!!! had it running for a gud 10 mins just popin da shit outa it!!! never get tired of hearin it lol

ha ha sure how could ya get sick of anti lag,, unless ur in a campsite:D

Prodrift
05-03-10, 01:55
I wasnt having a go at you Karl or anybody from prodrift. I was just saying basicly some people arent happy that theres not enough publicity for the PD Amature events, and that is wasnt only chuck that said it about the advertisment of the Amatures / semi pro's events.

Glad to hear about getting more people / clubs involved in the irish drifting series! :)

No probs. The AM class is there for drivers to get a feel for PD events. We hope that this year by integrating AM & Non Seeded Pro that it will give AM's with higher skill level an opportunity to experience twin battles without having to enter a whole new competition. This should lead to an interesting Saturday with more opportunities for Amateur Drivers.
For example, there is a possiblility that an AM driver could climb a weekend PD Event ladder that would see him end up in the Seeded Pro Top 16 on Sunday - that would be awesome, and theres not too many championships out there that can offer that kind of system.

I think its important that the Clubs & Sites get more involved in the events. Think of them as 5 opportunities during 2010 for like minded paople to get together and have a good day out. We'll have details shortly.

Dunnedriftin
05-03-10, 09:06
No probs. The AM class is there for drivers to get a feel for PD events. We hope that this year by integrating AM & Non Seeded Pro that it will give AM's with higher skill level an opportunity to experience twin battles without having to enter a whole new competition. This should lead to an interesting Saturday with more opportunities for Amateur Drivers.
For example, there is a possiblility that an AM driver could climb a weekend PD Event ladder that would see him end up in the Seeded Pro Top 16 on Sunday - that would be awesome, and theres not too many championships out there that can offer that kind of system.

I think its important that the Clubs & Sites get more involved in the events. Think of them as 5 opportunities during 2010 for like minded paople to get together and have a good day out. We'll have details shortly.

Glad to see PD are trying new things as always to improve the irish drifting scene!

OT: did could you pm me your email address? need to forward something on to you.

MikeFitz
12-03-10, 23:20

Oh da headaches of bygone sundays in rosegreen :) :D

Mick K
30-03-10, 12:16
Hotel for the event,Im assuming we're not allowed back to last years hotel?