PDA

View Full Version : Like button for each comment!

LarZ
17-04-18, 15:17
You can now like individual comments. This shows appreciation and/or agreement. This means that you can now interact with posts in a similar way to Facebook without having to go to the hassle of posting a comment and notifying the world that you think someone has a 'nice car laaaaaad'

So in the past, nobody would respond to this message unless they felt strongly. But you can now just click the thumbs up or thumbs down below without needing to leave a comment.

Doesn't work in tapatalk unfortunately. But does work in your normal PC browser.

lady89
19-04-18, 09:30
Great idea!
Just wondering, is this linked to FB then as in: shows up on your FB that you liked something here or just internal Forum-like?
Hope that makes sense ha

LarZ
19-04-18, 10:31
Just internal for now. Each button has a unique reference but doesn't post anything anywhere. I don't actually even think it's linked to FB, it's a separate thing altogether :)

LarZ
25-04-18, 12:01
So this was just a 7 day trial it seems. Do we want to keep it? I quite like it.

LarZ
28-04-18, 12:17
I went ahead and paid for this plugin. And for shits and giggles i made it a "Nice Car Lad" button :p please use it to show people your appreciation/disproval. I'm hoping that this button will show that people use the site without necessarily commenting all the time!

Hachi
29-04-18, 07:14
I went ahead and paid for this plugin. And for shits and giggles i made it a "Nice Car Lad" button :p please use it to show people your appreciation/disproval. I'm hoping that this button will show that people use the site without necessarily commenting all the time!

I think this is a nice addition, especially for those times when you like what you see but couldn't be arsed to write a comment (first world issues :D)

Did it cost much to put on?

LarZ
29-04-18, 18:10
I think this is a nice addition, especially for those times when you like what you see but couldn't be arsed to write a comment (first world issues :D)

Did it cost much to put on?

Only paid for 1 year and it was about 12euro so worth a punt. Had to customise it and install it manually. We're allowed 10 of them per page but seeing as our threads only show 10 comments at a time, it's ideal. I don't always want to comment either. Same as FB... Mostly i just want to show some appreciation :)