PDA

View Full Version : Mr2 Sideways/Road Car Eventually

ToyotaHead2
18-01-16, 17:36
Welcome Im new to the site. Im from Ireland,Cavan.Im the proud owner of a 1992 Uk spec Rev2 Mr2,sadly shes N/A.The engine runs good and strong but i think it may be slightly out of time as the last owner did the clutch and the timing belt,I've owned her for about 9 months during that time i've done some wee bits to her,oil change,spark plugs,fuel filter,painted and wrapped the mani,resprayed the front bumper just need to wetsand it abit more and,got new front indicators, Powerflex front engine mount as after 1 burnout i ripped it in half,the car's paint is in good condition for being 26 year old paint.The underneath is quite crusty,It needs New sills,Interior is nice clean and stock.The car was originally registered in the uk,but it was imported into Ireland about 8 years ago,It sat in Athlone for 7 of those years then a man from my local area bought it,which it sat in his driveway for a year before i snapped it up for 750quid which at the time was the cheapest mr2 for sale.The last owner had put in yellow foglight bulbs,But the right hand side foglight doesnt work i think its the fuse or the wires going to it are frayed,It has a aftermarket gay radio which has been terribly installed the last owner must have used a pocket knife to carve some of the plastic of of the radio surround to make the radio fit.Im going for the Jap Gangster look,would love a set of wed's bellona's.The brakes are quite terrible and have the tendency to lock up at the slightest touch of the brake.She also has no power steering but sure ya get used to it in no time or ABS.Ill be getting a new brake discs front and back in a week or so.I've also red oxided the front crash bar.I've also flushed the coolant and put new stuff in it.Also have a new alternator belt waiting to be fitted as the current one squeks like the devil.All the bolts on the flywheel cover/inspection plate have been snapped by the last owner so you can visibly see the flywheel from underneath.I also replaced the battery a little while back.The interior is clean other than a hole in the gear gaiter and a tatty stock gearknob.The plans is coilovers and wheels when i get her more or less roadworthy im in no rush to finish her as im not nearly old enough to have her out on the road,legally at least.She also has a sleepy eye kit.
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t34.0-12/12570856_817095635082925_895491745_n.jpg?oh=e6fb20 cc1551c04f1f6cc17eebb3b6f5&oe=569F1418

Sleepy Eyes in the snow only a few days ago.The tyres are also fucked aswell.Also need side rub strips as snapped the original ones.
I also need to get a job as i've ran out of money
Ill get some more pics for ye lads.

LarZ
19-01-16, 15:37
Welcome Im new to the site so lay off being da bollocks.

I'd go back and just edit out that part telling people to 'lay off being da bollocks'. If anything it'll do the opposite of what you're suggesting. Have a look at the other welcome posts around here. We don't rip the piss until we know you or have met you :)

Anyways, Welcome along man. MR2s are a deadly car with lots of potential. Sounds like you've a decent plan of what you want to do with it anyway.