PDA

View Full Version : Autoheroes!

michealkirwan
01-10-15, 18:13
http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag434/michealkirwan0125/10509768_690318007735090_8760181320201958327_n_zps tln9sfmp.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/michealkirwan0125/media/10509768_690318007735090_8760181320201958327_n_zps tln9sfmp.jpg.html)
anyone heading to this? thinking of using the diffing area!

Darren
01-10-15, 19:08
im thinking about does anyone know how the drifting will be set up? justjap day style or clubloose style?

michealkirwan
01-10-15, 19:44
might ring tomorrow and see many interested? even the show part?

conor
01-10-15, 20:18
hard to see there being anything but fuck all track time at this with all the other shite going on, ill give the first one a go but i have serious reservations about how this is goin to be set up! ...... im a bit sick of driving a 6 hour round trip to practice days only to get 2 hours track time if even that, with split groups, stops, change arounds etc with any minor mishap, tyre changes etc an hour and a half plus on track is the best you can hope for over the course of the day,

i only really have any time for events that run an open pit layout as it affords the most track time in the most relaxed setting, no rushing for groups or changing tyres that are only half worn so you dont have to waste half your 30min session changing them, theres no big rushes to track either and you can make your on space on track as the day progresses!

mk2glenn
02-10-15, 08:04
Yea be interesting to see how seat time will fare out considering theres a grip day on aswell

Darren
02-10-15, 09:30
The way I picked it up was they are running grip out the back track drift on the usual one and hard parked and diffing in the paddock I could be wrong though

mk2glenn
02-10-15, 10:38
The way I picked it up was they are running grip out the back track drift on the usual one and hard parked and diffing in the paddock I could be wrong though

Where did ya see that? FB or somewhere?

Looking forward to the event either way!

-edit-
Just read on Facebook that drift cars need fixed back seats and harnesses, thats a bit crap. Also 3 classes Amatuer/Experienced/Pro so sounds like a Clubloose setup

Darren
02-10-15, 11:15
Yea fb the seat thing doesn't bother me I just want to know how much seat time there will be

derek89
03-10-15, 00:37
Ye will be heading to this myself to see what it's like. Sounds good do far to me.

mk2glenn
05-10-15, 09:03
Auto Heroes Drift Practice Info:
Drift Practice will run 3 groups :Beginner/Advanced/Pro
Beginner Class:
This class is intended for those that are in the learning stage and do not have competition-spec cars. The minimum requirement is a bucket seat/harness/tow hooks. This class is also for those running under-powered cars (sub 250bhp)
Advanced:
This class is dedicated to drivers who have taken part in Mondello Park practice days in the past, are familiar with the layouts, but do not have a competition-spec car. The minimum requirement is a bucket seat/harness/tow hooks. This class is also for those running high-power road cars (+250bhp)
Pro:
The Pro class is dedicated to those who's cars meet IDC (Or similar) safety regulations and have competed in the IDC (or similar) recently.
-We will be running 3 layouts and 3 classes throughout the day
-From 9:00am to 1:00pm we will run the circuit in reverse using both IDC layouts (Global Warfare and Japfest)
-From 1:30pm to 2pm the IDC Class will perform a demo
-From 2pm to 5:30pm we will run the regular Mondello layout.
Due to insurance issues, only the PRO CLASS may take passengers.
**Booking opens from 1pm tomorrow**
Please call (0)45 860200
or see www.mondellopark.ie
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
‪#‎AutoHeroes‬

Taken straight off their FB page. Why the thing about passengers now I wonder? Was never an issue before at drift days

conor
05-10-15, 11:57
why do they always over complicate this shit, the passenger thing ruins it too, having someone in the car for the experience is half the fun.

mk2glenn
06-10-15, 09:19
why do they always over complicate this shit, the passenger thing ruins it too, having someone in the car for the experience is half the fun.

I agree it's more craic with a passenger

Amy G
06-10-15, 10:36

I agree it's more craic with a passenger

Passengers up the insurance liability costs! Anyway you drive better and learn more driving in the car solo! Who wants a passenger weighing the car down :P

mk2glenn
06-10-15, 13:17
Passengers up the insurance liability costs! Any you drive better and learn more driving in the car solo! Who wants a passenger weighing the car down :P

Ah yea I know the insurance would cost more that way. It's just strange that it was never an issue before, but all of a sudden it is yet the entry fees are the same which doesn't reflect any decrease in insurance cost.

No big deal, better than no practice days lol

GTSr32
06-10-15, 15:35
Passengers up the insurance liability costs! Any you drive better and learn more driving in the car solo! Who wants a passenger weighing the car down :P

EYE EYE Amy you speck the truth!~

conor
08-10-15, 16:03
Ah yea I know the insurance would cost more that way. It's just strange that it was never an issue before, but all of a sudden it is yet the entry fees are the same which doesn't reflect any decrease in insurance cost.

No big deal, better than no practice days lol

smells like bull shit to me, no problems with passengers a month ago at nikki hayses drift day and it had an abundance of open pit track time