PDA

View Full Version : A lot of mistakes first round?

abceire
28-04-15, 08:05
There seemed a lot of winning of twin battles because of others making mistakes, spins, trips into the dirt.
Any ideas why this was the case?

Squire
28-04-15, 08:10
Nerves I'd say, wasn't there a few rookies going up against the big boys in a few of those battles that ended up with them dropping a tyre or two?

Hachi
28-04-15, 10:33
Judging from the live stream, there was a lot of mixes conditions on the track that probably had quite a bit to play

davep91
28-04-15, 12:16
Sunday was a dry track all day
Saturday was a wash out till about 1 o'clock , started to dry out in patches which made it difficult

NoelB
28-04-15, 15:34
I'd say it's just because everyone was going tits out on Sunday, a lot of hype leading up to round one too which added to the pressure. Saturday was just a wash out with the weather

Dunnedriftin
28-04-15, 15:48
New layout! The clipping points where all based on running a outside line so basicly from clip 2 to clip 4 it was all on the edge of the track.

where as it normally went from clip 2 (rear clip), snappy transition to clip 3 (rear clip) then clip 4 (front clip) would be on the apex of the corner on the inside of the track, then back out to clip 5 (rear clip) on the outside of the track.

Hope it makes sense. .

LarZ
28-04-15, 18:16
yep... may not seem like it, but there was a new layout. That AND it was all or nothing. Only the most consistent ended up doing well and not necessarily the most 'fun to watch' drivers. The conditions really didn't help either :p

Stevo
28-04-15, 22:49
One or two judging calls were shocking bad! Looked hard for the semi pro lads in the rain Saturday

kenokennedy
29-04-15, 11:22
Seemed to me that a lot of people were running an almost japfest line between clip 1 and 2 which would cause many to drop wheels in clip 2.

In the briefing, they stated that running a wide line will carry the cars through clip 2, but with that weather, I'd imagine running a wide line from 1-2 is next to impossible.