PDA

View Full Version : What happened to DMAC in FD?

abceire
15-04-15, 13:36
No Darren this year, what happened? Was there no drive with last years team?
A shame, he was always up there and nice to have someone to follow, lets hope Kearney can keep up the good form of the latter half of last season.
Wonder will James ever get a FD drive again.

conrod
15-04-15, 17:56
Falken pulled there full support Motorsport drifting programme from fd

Baz_180
15-04-15, 19:38
Yeah Falken have taken a step back from FromulaD, they still run their tyre sponsorship program just not a full team. JTP built and running his own car this year. I'm not sure if Dai bought the brz or what but he's still driving it. It's a shame DMac isn't there this year, it looked like he was getting very competetive in the S14. Unfortunately it's costs a fortune to run FD and even more if you want to be competitive.

DannyRB25
17-04-15, 09:44
chatted to darren about this for about an hour only the other week, its actually quite interesting if you have the time to go into it. theres alot more to it than everyone thinks. Achilles are the main tyre for drifting now in the states and it would have costed falken millions to develop a tyre to compete with the achilles tyre dedicated to drifting because achilles wouldnt have good tyres for any other motorsport where as falken do in pretty much all other motorsports, so they decided to pull out of drifting.
darren told me to try to get the falken tyres to compete they were using a huge tyres and running them at 11psi, but they were de beading at 10 psi so u can imagine how hard it was. just a long story short coming from darren which makes sense

abceire
19-04-15, 13:22
chatted to darren about this for about an hour only the other week, its actually quite interesting if you have the time to go into it. theres alot more to it than everyone thinks. Achilles are the main tyre for drifting now in the states and it would have costed falken millions to develop a tyre to compete with the achilles tyre dedicated to drifting because achilles wouldnt have good tyres for any other motorsport where as falken do in pretty much all other motorsports, so they decided to pull out of drifting.
darren told me to try to get the falken tyres to compete they were using a huge tyres and running them at 11psi, but they were de beading at 10 psi so u can imagine how hard it was. just a long story short coming from darren which makes sense

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Will be great to see Darren I'm guessing do al the rounds this year? Hopefully James is doing all the rounds too. Nice to see it really put up to James. Hope we get a few good guest drivers too.

abceire
19-04-15, 13:49
What about James then for this year? Are Falken still sponsoring people outside of FD?

Dave
19-04-15, 14:31
http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/04/audi-drift-sport-dmac-s1/

Jus on the note of dmac.....This is gonna be amazing!

derek89
19-04-15, 18:59
Ye was reading it earlier. Insane build. Can't wait to hear 800hp 5cyl screaming

DannyRB25
21-04-15, 08:51
yes think so, they still have there "falken sponsership" but no race team, its all self funded which in america is nearly impossible to compete with massive race teams worth hundreds of thousands. the likes of Dai still using falken stickers and all that..
dmac wont have his car ready for round 1

ELV-iS
22-04-15, 15:07
dmac wont have his car ready for round 1

which the audi? judging by the state its at according to the speedhunters article I'd be fairly impressed if its finished for round 3 never mind this weekend

abceire
23-04-15, 09:10
It is funny how there is so much time between last round of 2014 and first of 2015 and still same people will be struggling to get a car finished. But what the hell do I know about building a car? Oh yea, nothing!