PDA

View Full Version : My R32 GTR Progress thread

beep-beep
12-03-15, 08:15
Well might aswel update you all a little bit. I purchased this in early Dec, grade 4 car as I wasn't interested in anything else. It has the period correct mods but want to get it back to standard or as near as visually anyway.

I had some misfortune with the car when they went to board the car 1st time around! Apparently AUX belt was heavily overtightened when the Timing belt and Water pump was done. So started the car after been sitting for a while and BANG, sheared the water pump, took the rad, fan and shroud out with it also. I suppose I was lucky it happened there rather than in Rotterdam where they would have probably kept driving the car. Was told the car was stopped immediately so fingers crossed. While it needed a new pump I went and got an N1 item just to improve the flow a bit better and got all the other work carried out over there.

So the car was purchased in early December and still has to leave Japan! :( Its supposed to leave in the next few days (I bloody hope so anyway). I have compiled a collection of bits and have a list of jobs to do when it arrives! I'm just sick of all the waiting, I WANT MY CAR, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! :P

beep-beep
12-03-15, 08:35
Now I have a few jobs to do on the car when it arrives in no particular order

1. Get the interior standard. I think it suits these best. All I require is seats though (can anyone help a man out?! :D)
2. Sort out slight surface rust on drivers rear 1/4 panel
3. Spray front lip matt black as I prefer them in black and feel it suits the silver
4. Bonnet may need a spray but will see on further inspection
5. Sort standard R32 Wheels
6. Get standard steering wheel re-trimmed
7. VRT it, I am not looking forward to this at all
8. Sort out a radio
9. Major service

Kruizer
12-03-15, 08:48
Great to see people not afraid of the VRT on these :)

delsolcrx1
12-03-15, 09:15
Always nice to see another GTR on its way over!

beep-beep
12-03-15, 10:50
Great to see people not afraid of the VRT on these :)

I am afraid, VERY afraid!

ryan348
12-03-15, 11:31
Serious potential love that ur puttin it back standard you goin to try find gtr seats and wheels

beep-beep
13-03-15, 08:12
Serious potential love that ur puttin it back standard you goin to try find gtr seats and wheels

Really struggling to get seats for it! Been on the search a while now!

ryan348
13-03-15, 13:18
I know a lad wit a set i can text him an see if he still has them if u want

beep-beep
13-03-15, 13:53
I know a lad wit a set i can text him an see if he still has them if u want

That would be great!

GTSr32
13-03-15, 14:42
Where are the pics!

ryan348
13-03-15, 15:53
That would be great!
txt me back there hes keepin them in his car cuz hes selling the car sorry about that man

derek89
13-03-15, 20:13
ye cant see any pictures

beep-beep
13-03-15, 20:49
Should be working now, don't know what happened as they showed up yesterday!

300zx tt
14-03-15, 21:15
Did you try elite autos for seats? I know they have some r33 gtr seats for sale

Hachi
15-03-15, 10:56
So what is happening with the wheels on the car once you find the GTR wheels?