PDA

View Full Version : NCT For Vintage Cars - Have your say !!

Dunnedriftin
16-10-14, 13:32
Just read this in the independent, the RSA is looking for the public opinion on compulsory NCT for vintage cars .

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/vintage-cars-now-face-nct-30668339.html

Billy_P
16-10-14, 13:52
Another way for the government to grab money off people, A simple by-annual mechanics sign off would be grand if they actually worry about the condition, but truth being told if the car made it as far as being vintage, it more than likely has an owner that will care for it and keep it in good condition.

As said in the comments theres already a 3 month waiting list to get test, Why add fire to a problem they already cant cope with?

Also is the 30 year rule still in or did I hear they capped it at some year?

alan opel
16-10-14, 15:21
Anthin under 1980 doesnt need a test at the moment!

Billy_P
16-10-14, 16:21
Does that increment every year? or is it capped?

alan opel
16-10-14, 17:49
Does that increment every year? or is it capped?
Capped for nct not for tax so tax is vintage after 30 years

subzero
16-10-14, 18:47
painfull having it capped ....

id like to see there stats on vintage cars involved in accidents / even deaths . id say its stupidly low . money fucking racket as usual .

LarZ
17-10-14, 07:43
... truth being told if the car made it as far as being vintage, it more than likely has an owner that will care for it and keep it in good condition.

EXACTLY... vintage cars don't become vintage by being crap...

mk2glenn
19-10-14, 13:48
painfull having it capped ....

id like to see there stats on vintage cars involved in accidents / even deaths . id say its stupidly low . money fucking racket as usual .
This exactly, I'd say more pushbike users are injured than classic car drivers!

PS13!
19-10-14, 22:30
usual bullshit from the rsa, finding ways to rip people off, i own a vintage car, and i can tell you anything older than 1980 that is on the road got there by being looked after and allot of money spent on it! Its just more reason why not to have nice things on this island!

mk2glenn
19-10-14, 23:34
http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Your-Vehicle/Vehicle-Standards/Information-Notes-Consultations--EU-proposals-/Consultations-/Active-Consultations/Testing-of-Vintage-Vechicles/

Fill in the form lads, say you want rolling 30 year exemption and it could work out for the better for us!