PDA

View Full Version : r32 with hks 2530

keith_b
02-02-10, 22:37
Well lads sent my car down to jr performance for a few upgrades. Heres what they have done so far on my r32

Hks 2530
Emanage
Down pipe
440cc injectors
GReddy profec b spec 11 boost controller

Also manifold to follow just waiting on it to be delivered should have it in a week. The lads in jr performance couldn't be more helpful. My old standered turbo started to whine on boost so i needed the work done asap. The lads looked at the car on fri night. Told them my budget and they got the parts ordered. That sat i went and collected the turbo (thanks Gem13) and sun dropped off the car to jr. By wed evening the car was up and running. The car now fills the clock and my only problem is traction. In 2nd and 3rd gear when the the boost comes in the back end steps out in the dry with 235x40x17. Only problem is a bit of lag. Boost in at 4k all the way to 8k but the lads say once the manifold is fitted and re-mapped should drop down some more. Lets hope so but car is very easy to drive off boost to save fuel and all the power i want when needed. When the manifold is fitted ill let ye know the difference.:D

grimix180
02-02-10, 22:46
she a savage yolk to go lad fair play

mark-32
02-02-10, 23:49
hopes she goes well for you, you got a good deal on that turbo .

nissan_doctor
02-02-10, 23:53
What was the dyno results? boost etc?

bart
02-02-10, 23:54
What was the dyno results? boost etc?

well if mapped by jr.... it was on the road.. so no print out:o

sounds good though lad... fair play to ya....

PeterT
03-02-10, 00:26
thats my old turbo! its a slut. haha. interested to see/here vids or something! pretty annoyed i had to sell it tbh!

Micko
03-02-10, 00:57
Have a 2530 on my own 32 they are a savage piece of kit for the size of them.

Good to see what figures she makes.

keith_b
03-02-10, 19:14
Hope to get it dynoed after the manifold goes on and the lads give it another map. Car not at full potential yet jim in jrp wants to see how the engine goes at this map and then if all is well he can give me a few more horses. At the moment its running at about 1bar but the actuator needs replacing. In the near future i hope to lock out the hicas, change the alloys and do a few bits to the inside. If anyone has any ideas and pics put them up. Would like to either go deep dish or gtr rotas but no money now so they may wait. And mark-32 thanks for the deal on that turbo. Hey jamie180 can you get them pics of the dc5 bumper up?

Robbie Daly Ps13
03-02-10, 20:20
Jesus boost in at 4....... Thats td06 lag.......:p Hopefully she'l come down a nice bit....... Iv a 2530 on my ps and shes in a lot earlier than that.......

Get a few pics up lad...........:D

gem-s13
03-02-10, 21:55
ye lad deffo sumting up with that lag id say that acuator bracket is not sitting right it was a small bit flimsy

nissan_doctor
04-02-10, 10:57
It may be the actautor or more likley its the map.
If someone said to me here is your car back lets 'see how the engine goes' I'd be very worried!

gem-s13
04-02-10, 11:01
If someone said to me here is your car back lets 'see how the engine goes' I'd be very worried!

true;)....

jamie180sx
04-02-10, 11:54
hi keith hows things,
hope all is well.i will send the pics of the bumper a,s,a,p although i remember you saying that its the splitter is what he needs and i dont have that.as for the lag,the actuator needs replacing as discussed.its very strong as is and is boosting high with the boost controller off(actuator is not adjustable),when the boost controller is set up it does come on boost earlyier but controlling the boost levels is difficult.there is also quite a large back housing on this turbo which would not help lag.but like i said when we replace the actuator and fit the manifold and a remap.the lag will be less and will go for more power,as is it sounds like your having fun breaking traction in 2nd and 3rd:D
talk to u soon
jamie

jamie180sx
04-02-10, 12:02
what was said to keith was not 'see how the engine goes.
when we gave him back the car we explained to him what was needed and theres no point in having it parked up while waiting for parts as kieth also needed the car,we said sure see how it goes till we get the parts,and once there in we will check over the car again,fit the parts and remap it(free of charge),he was happy with this,

as for the map there is nothing wrong with it and this i can assure u.if there was a problem there would have been a problem by now and would not be going so well,the problem with lag was explained above and will be sorted;)

keith_b
04-02-10, 19:12
As jamie said the map is perfect but not up to full power yet because of the actuator. All i think i need is a actuator and then the manifold fitted and that should take care of the lag but as is im delighted with the results so far. :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-02-10, 19:19
That turbo should be boosting before 3k when you get it mapped...... Hks 2530 is a very very quick spooling turbo........ Then the fun will begin.........:D

keith_b
04-02-10, 19:30
Anybody have a vid with 2530 fitted to a rb20 ive checked and cant find much. Like to see what my car will do in a few weeks :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-02-10, 19:48
Anybody have a vid with 2530 fitted to a rb20 ive checked and cant find much. Like to see what my car will do in a few weeks :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o14T4ADpNiI

This is mickos yoke the red r32....... Running 380 bhp with a hks 2530 @1.3 bar......

keith_b
04-02-10, 20:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o14T4ADpNiI

This is mickos yoke the red r32....... Running 380 bhp with a hks 2530 @1.3 bar......

Savage car and micko well able to handle it. Fair play cheers Robbie anyone have more vids of mickos r32.

nissan_doctor
04-02-10, 23:15
what was said to keith was not 'see how the engine goes.
when we gave him back the car we explained to him what was needed and theres no point in having it parked up while waiting for parts as kieth also needed the car,we said sure see how it goes till we get the parts,and once there in we will check over the car again,fit the parts and remap it(free of charge),he was happy with this,

as for the map there is nothing wrong with it and this i can assure u.if there was a problem there would have been a problem by now and would not be going so well,the problem with lag was explained above and will be sorted;)

I'm not saying the map is unsafe, I am saying it may be the map that is causing the lag, The 2530 turbo doesn not have a large housing at all, It is very nearly the same size as standard, it just flows better and has stronger internals.
A well mapped 2530 will be spooling at 2500 and hitting full boost by 3000. It would also be very unusual for someone to have fitted an non adjustable actuator to one.

Also on the RB tubular exhaust manifolds only serve to loose torque over the standard nissan one. They will not give any power increase or any meaningfull change in spool up.

jamie180sx
04-02-10, 23:34
Yeah the non adjustable actuator is an odd choice but that's what came on the kit,shur once it's finished Keith can explain the difference,don't worry Keith plenty left in her yet;)

PeterT
04-02-10, 23:49
It would also be very unusual for someone to have fitted an non adjustable actuator to one.

i bought this turbo in question from japan, it indeed has a nissan actuator on it, reason being it came in a kit with manifold, turbo, elbow and a tomei premapped ecu to run the set up at that boost level only! just, the kit got split up after i sold bits!

jamie180sx
05-02-10, 00:00
i bought this turbo in question from japan, it indeed has a nissan actuator on it, reason being it came in a kit with manifold, turbo, elbow and a tomei premapped ecu to run the set up at that boost level only! just, the kit got split up after i sold bits!

came with a std type actuator alright,tis a good turbo with no play happy days

PeterT
05-02-10, 00:02
even better was the price i paid for it with the 6 branch and screamer elbow :D were the braided lines still on it?

keith_b
05-02-10, 18:30
Whats the price of an adjustable actuator lads? What else you think i need?

keith_b
07-02-10, 21:40
Anyone any info

Cheers