PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift License

Midnight
31-01-10, 21:25
What exactly do you have to do to compete for your 1st year in prodrift,i know like car spec firesuits etc,but what is year 1st year ranked as in e.g amatuer or semi-pro?????????

What stage do you progess to non-seeded pro etc.

No guess's please:p:D

barryl
31-01-10, 21:27
all on prodrift web site buddy!

Chuck_g
31-01-10, 21:27
Novice licence needs no licence day, just apply and pay but if ur any way good id do licence day and try get a Non Seeded Pro or Pro Licence!

Midnight
31-01-10, 21:31
Novice licence needs no licence day, just apply and pay but if ur any way good id do licence day and try get a Non Seeded Pro or Pro Licence!

So just head down and put the car through scrutiney and try out.

Whats involved in the day,just drift a track or what??

Also what do the novice licence holders compete in of a prodrift weekend??

Midnight
31-01-10, 21:32
all on prodrift web site buddy!

I looked and couldn't find bud.

barryl
31-01-10, 21:42
I looked and couldn't find bud.

here ya go.
http://www.prodriftseries.com/ireland/rules-regs/

Midnight
31-01-10, 21:49
here ya go.
http://www.prodriftseries.com/ireland/rules-regs/

Yea i read over that bud,but still no mention of HOW to get your license or competeing details.Good info on car spec alright.

pmc-drifter
31-01-10, 21:52
You cannot go straight for your pro seed license you have to do a year in pro non seed first or unless you get a top 4 finish and get into the seeds.

Cooldrft
31-01-10, 21:57

Only drivers that competed with prodrift before were allowed go to the licence day last year.
If it's the same this year you'll have to start in the amateur class.
The rules last year were if you finished in the top 4 amateur twice in the year you were given a non-seeded pro licence.

Chuck_g
31-01-10, 22:00
The rules last year were if you finished in the top 4 amateur twice in the year you were given a non-seeded pro licence.

Thats defo not true as i finished both my times out in top 4 and wasnt offered any licence.....just told do Licence Day!!

Cooldrft
31-01-10, 22:21
Thats defo not true as i finished both my times out in top 4 and wasnt offered any licence.....just told do Licence Day!!

Just cause you weren't offered a licence dont mean it isn't true.
They were the rules when the championship started last year anyway.
The link from the thread on d.w to the prodrift site is gone.
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/prodrift/81727-2009-pd-ireland-licensing.html

Chuck_g
31-01-10, 22:28
I think how it works is if u finish twice in top 4 ie in the first 2 rounds u continue the year in non seeded, but u must still do licence day the following year!!

Cooldrft
31-01-10, 22:40
I think how it works is if u finish twice in top 4 ie in the first 2 rounds u continue the year in non seeded, but u must still do licence day the following year!!

Maybe ,I'm going to do the licence day anyway ,try for a non-seed licence.

Midnight
31-01-10, 22:52
Maybe ,I'm going to do the licence day anyway ,try for a non-seed licence.

Have you competed in any way in prodrift before,i so what licence did you hold,

Cooldrft
31-01-10, 23:06
Have you competed in any way in prodrift before,i so what licence did you hold,

I competed in a few rounds last year.
You're best ringing prodrift tomorrow + ask them ,what the rules for new drivers are this year.

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 00:59
Rules change every year but i dunno bout the ringing up bit, anyone i know even if they've never been on track before, had to do licence day :confused:

I know last year all novice/AM drivers only did licencing to try gain a non-seeded pro licence but after that i dont know as i didnt keep upto date with rules once i moved.

The bro is actually wondering the same thing...

grimix180
01-02-10, 16:52
deos any 1 no can u go for non seeded pro if u havent competed at all last year but have competed before

Cooldrft
01-02-10, 17:55
deos any 1 no can u go for non seeded pro if u havent competed at all last year but have competed before

I presume you mean you competed in prodrift before.
Johnny P was in a similar situation last year + he was left do the licence day + try for a non seeded pro licence.