PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheel alignment

yashio
31-01-10, 00:19
can some one help us out here
looking at getting 4 wheel alignment and cars geometry done
need a decent place to get this done right!
also i live in meath,so dublin,meath,louth areas please if possible
thanks

gona get for my daily

FRONT:
2.5 deg negative Camber
7-8 deg possitive Caster
0 deg Toe

REAR:
1.5 deg negative Camber
0 deg Toe

wezwkd
31-01-10, 03:19
Call me next week. :)

irishpaddy
31-01-10, 09:07
2.5 - camber is going to be awfull on our roads... the car will pull all over the place when you go over bumps... and you will eat through tires

Shane
31-01-10, 09:41
yea, bad enuff that u have a 2 way ha ha

place over in dunshaughlin can do that for ya rob.....as ya turn for navan, its on the right hand side beside the petrol station

subzero
31-01-10, 09:47
any down south do this ??

ste
31-01-10, 09:48
give wez a call, and if that fails advance pitstop in dundalk have a seriously low ramp for alignment. my skyline went up on it no probs at all

yashio
31-01-10, 16:09
great feedback here!:)

u guys think so 2.5 is too much?-what do u recommend?

shane-whats the name of the place?

yashio
31-01-10, 16:12
yea, bad enuff that u have a 2 way ha ha

place over in dunshaughlin can do that for ya rob.....as ya turn for navan, its on the right hand side beside the petrol station

first stop tyres is it??

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-01-10, 16:22
first stop tyres is it??

Are you fucking mad lad........ Jesus christ i wouldn't give them lads a wheelbarrow to set up......... Them lads wouldn't even know what camber is...... Ionly live down the road from there and i wouldn't step foot in the place.......

Send it down to wez or someone who knows what there at...... It might be a bit of a spin but if you think anything of your car it'l be worth it in the long run.......

Seen your car in the top shop at kilmoon cross last week...... Nice bus but id ditch yhe spoiler for a lip one it'd look much better imo....... :D

yashio
31-01-10, 16:32
Are you fucking mad lad........ Jesus christ i wouldn't give them lads a wheelbarrow to set up......... Them lads wouldn't even know what camber is...... Ionly live down the road from there and i wouldn't step foot in the place.......

Send it down to wez or someone who knows what there at...... It might be a bit of a spin but if you think anything of your car it'l be worth it in the long run.......

Seen your car in the top shop at kilmoon cross last week...... Nice bus but id ditch yhe spoiler for a lip one it'd look much better imo....... :D

ye i wasnt sure about them myself?:confused:
i think i will be driving down to carlow to get it done RIGHT!--anyway only 1 n half drive for piece ov mind.
seems to be mixed view from people about the spoiler;)
was getting the 2way fitted lol
tommy in there great lad!

anyone have an est. on getting all this set up would be great.:)

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 16:52
The alingment need to suit the power the wheel tyre combo and the driving style. What works for one may not work for another.

Robbie

moons657
31-01-10, 17:02
what would be a suitable set up for road use and a bit of track??disregarding eating tyres:cool::D

Dreamworks-silvia
31-01-10, 17:17
negative 2.5 on front camber is lethal on a wet road think about it u have less of the tyre making full face contact with the road, as pointed out above advace pitstop=fail wez=win

yashio
31-01-10, 17:23
negative 2.5 on front camber is lethal on a wet road think about it u have less of the tyre making full face contact with the road, as pointed out above advace pitstop=fail wez=win

ok cool thanks
what sort of camber for front then?????:confused:

moons657
31-01-10, 17:33

yea well mine had a good bit of negative camber(dunno how much,hadnt got it on the road long enough to get laser aligned)but the car never was good at braking.the brakes were perfect but it would always go into a skid something i reckon could be sorted with a good setting up.ive heard only the best of things about jstoneracing.was thinking of getting the car set up there:cool:

Dreamworks-silvia
31-01-10, 17:50
ok cool thanks
what sort of camber for front then?????:confused:

depends why u want camber is it for drift purpose or just looks wise

yashio
31-01-10, 17:53
depends why u want camber is it for drift purpose or just looks wise

drift lad!
prob chat wi wez see what he says next week

robbie@tdp.ie
31-01-10, 18:28
For road use max 1.25 deg neg camber on the front and 5 deg castor. Towed in 1.5mm

On the rear the camber should be 0.25-0.5 max negative. Towed in 1mm

Wont eat tyres and will have the best all round grip.

Robbie

moons657
31-01-10, 18:32
For road use max 1.25 deg neg camber on the front and 5 deg castor. Towed in 1.5mm

On the rear the camber should be 0.25-0.5 max negative. Towed in 1mm

Wont eat tyres and will have the best all round grip.

Robbie

good advice man...:cool:

yashio
19-02-10, 22:37
well just an update to this
went to WKDImports,and the fellas sorted me out with some settings.
top lads up there even tho its1hour and 30 away its worth it.
car feels great now and will be dealing with them in the future
not just with alignment but with parts also.

tweek
20-02-10, 10:01
do wkd do laser alignment?print out and all that?rough idea on cost please

yashio
20-02-10, 13:38
they sure do -all the above.
they prob will need to look at ur car first-just take a trip over lad,tell dem rob black s15 sent ya.im sure he will look after u on price
the laser machine is from the states,some job