PDA

View Full Version : Hx35 on 1jz, mapping?

gary g
08-06-14, 02:04
Will a holset hx35 bolted on to a 1jz need to be remapped? Or will it run fine without mapping

874age
08-06-14, 07:51
it will need remapping to get the mot from it.cant see it running fine without map and supporting mods

niall s14a
08-06-14, 10:46
I wouldn't chance it without it being mapped or if you were driving it just normal driving. I'm no expert but your fuelling etc.. Will be completely different when your running one big turbo instead of two. That's the problem with having a 1jz through, you'll pay for a decent Ecu!

gary g
08-06-14, 13:58
Well its a track car so il see how it goes and keep an eye out for an ecu in the mean time

MarkII
08-06-14, 14:18
see how it goes! its not a nissan. it will not go well at all. you'd get better results if you stand against the wind and piss.at the end of the day you want to be buying engine management not another engine.

lsd32
08-06-14, 14:24
if your changing boost or fuel you need mapping,could start running lean and shit itself

gary g
08-06-14, 14:57
Would a safc and fcd help the situation

niall s14a
08-06-14, 17:21
Would a safc and fcd help the situation

It's not the kind of thing you should be skimping on man, they're not a cheap engine to rebuild, Richard Bradley could prob do ya a decent deal on a link Ecu fitted and mapped. At least then you'll be getting the good out of the holset, you'll probably only make similar power to what the standard twins were making without it mapped properly.

phil-blr
08-06-14, 18:08
From what I here Richard will just tell you the holset is shit I don't think he likes them. But he's the man to supply fit an map your ecu. You'll need a decent clutch an more than likely need injectors.. Jdmdistro has a cheap set of 550's.

gary g
08-06-14, 19:57
Thanks lads

gem-s13
08-06-14, 20:47
you will need to have the car mapped to run properly, [probibly the cheapest/best ecu option would be a hks f-con is, they work very well on 1jz's and its asimple as buying the ecu and wiring harness and just plug it in, get onto tdp, hks ecu dealers

gary g
08-06-14, 20:51
you will need to have the car mapped to run properly, [probibly the cheapest/best ecu option would be a hks f-con is, they work very well on 1jz's and its asimple as buying the ecu and wiring harness and just plug it in, get onto tdp, hks ecu dealers

Been lookin a the alright, seems to be a few different types, hks fcon v,is and s. Which one is suitable

gem-s13
08-06-14, 21:02
Been lookin a the alright, seems to be a few different types, hks fcon v,is and s. Which one is suitable

the v-pro would be the best but the "is" would do with the hks map and airtemp upgrade and is not as dear as the vpro,

gary g
09-06-14, 07:21
Thanks man