PDA

View Full Version : Budget builds?

Stevo
29-01-10, 12:07
Rite boys and girls, what in everyones opinions is the cheapest € you could buy a straight gud cond rwd road car(does'nt have to be sr rb jz ect) and track prep it (6-7 point cage, bucket seats harnesses, fire extinguisher kill switch ect) Basicly everything needed to pass all the regs to enter comps!!
Just intrested in what people think it would cost in there eyes..

Discuss :D

way2fastforu
29-01-10, 12:34
buy staight s body rollin shell sr it an all the reg stuff an cheap capable drifter rite there:D

Dreamworks-silvia
29-01-10, 12:49
stevo to be honest and im no expert in this area but the way prices are of cars nowadays u could be beter off buying one preped and all than going and buying a straight car and adding your bits, bits seem to be still expensive to get them up to regulation standards

Stevo
29-01-10, 12:58
Im going away from turbo track cars for this year after the s14 :( need sumthing i can actually get sum seat/track time in instead of a money pit that breakes everytime it starts:o and including the car i think i can do a sub 2k from stock road car to comp reg car wont be anything special (standard engine)just good enough to get track time at any event.

Dreamworks-silvia
29-01-10, 13:12
for that sort of money is possibly gonna leave u very under powered to what your used to (s14) ul have to adopt a completetly different style of driving to enable you to drift tracks like mondello so its gonna be like starting to learn to skid al over again dont think id like to do that myself but with the way things are we could be all forced into the same boat:o

damo86
29-01-10, 13:17
http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/200-SX/SX-1.8-T/200948195986041/advert?channel=CARS

prob get something like this for 1200 and 800 to do your bits if ya can do most bits yourself,,,,,

prob not best engine tho

Stevo
29-01-10, 13:27
for that sort of money is possibly gonna leave u very under powered to what your used to (s14) ul have to adopt a completetly different style of driving to enable you to drift tracks like mondello so its gonna be like starting to learn to skid al over again dont think id like to do that myself but with the way things are we could be all forced into the same boat:o

I know what you mean man, but i done feck all drifting with the silvia (due to reliability and my lack of patients ment i broke it) and did'nt really learn anything from it except how easy money disapears:(
Ive seen you doin mondello lad and u can skid:cool: but unfortunitly work been shit, mortgage to pay bills to pay kids to raise ect mean its super budget build or nothing this year:(

Can a sub 2k skidder be done :D

Dreamworks-silvia
29-01-10, 13:45
I know what you mean man, but i done feck all drifting with the silvia (due to reliability and my lack of patients ment i broke it) and did'nt really learn anything from it except how easy money disapears:(
Ive seen you doin mondello lad and u can skid:cool: but unfortunitly work been shit, mortgage to pay bills to pay kids to raise ect mean its super budget build or nothing this year:(

Can a sub 2k skidder be done :D

thanks stevo ive the same problems as ya hence ya dont see me in mondello anymore but if u can crack this sub 2k slider i might not be to far behind ya!!

s13-ste
29-01-10, 13:56
sub 2k could be done. cheap 325, weld the diff, cage, seats and your set really

damo86
29-01-10, 14:12
here stevo up your side of country an all :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/1126032

Stevo
29-01-10, 14:21
thanks stevo ive the same problems as ya hence ya dont see me in mondello anymore but if u can crack this sub 2k slider i might not be to far behind ya!!

Well gonna give it a gud go anyway, keep all the reciepts ect so here's hopeing :D

sub 2k could be done. cheap 325, weld the diff, cage, seats and your set really

Bm's really aint my thing at all ste but yeh this thread is for anyone and everyone so its in there :)

here stevo up your side of country an all :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/1126032

CA hope it never comes to that damo, lol bet it does'nt look as gud as the pic :p

Stevo
29-01-10, 14:23
Ooohh and lads, i have the car im doing but just generally can sub 2k be done or what would people be buying and doing ect :cool:

bart
29-01-10, 14:26
stevo your car will be under 2k...... ;)

Stevo
29-01-10, 14:28
stevo your car will be under 2k...... ;)

Yup should be ted, Just Jap recession buster slider :D:cool:

PeterT
29-01-10, 17:33
easily! if i ever have enough money spare to waste on a track car :D il be looking for a standard 200sx, diff welded, springs chopped or cheeeeeeeeap coilys, a seat and thats it. same aplies if i find an omega! 1500 i say it can be done no bothers!

blusrule
29-01-10, 18:36
Yeah you could have it for under 2 grand, don't expect mental power but in all honesty most lads are doing track days now and you don't need much power for that! Get some non-turbo (won't break your heart) with a good engine for under a grand and just put red stuff pads and hydro handbrake and away you go! All the other bits after that are just extras! :D

Flat Eric
29-01-10, 19:05
€1500 to €2000 can be done easy but if its for comps then most of your cash will have to go on a good cage.

After that, cheap springs, washers on the steering rack, seat and harness and your done.

damodeane
29-01-10, 19:07
try,a,mv6,omega,or,a,carlton,cheap,loads,of,power, and,reliable,not,to,mention,if,u,hit,something,tha t,will,be,worse,off,than,ur,car

Stevo
30-01-10, 15:27
Yup hope to build my mv6 for under the 2k, yeh Eric cage will be the biggest spend after the car!!

Arnie
31-01-10, 11:00
I can't figure it out why you want to do 2k build if there are n/a drift cars around that can be bought for 1-1.5k.

For 1k:eek: , yes one thousand my friend is selling his 535i that was in prodrift few years back (well, stickers are still there) full cage, extinguisher, killswitch, bbs wheels, wand, pins all round, sparco seat, 4 point wide harness, all lightened up with the help of Mr Angle Grinder, doesn't look rough apart from missing rear bumper (need to be refitted) due to my friend being a bit carried away and having an off in goldstone last week.

I drove it and it's great for beginners. I felt really safe in it due to size, weight and huge cage. First time it was down on power, 2nd time it was good but it could be much better if I could get onto someone with sensors.

My s13 will be around 6k euro when finished but it's a different story as it will be a one-off twin charged build. As till now it cost me 1700 euro

Stevo
31-01-10, 13:52
I can't figure it out why you want to do 2k build if there are n/a drift cars around that can be bought for 1-1.5k.

For 1k:eek: , yes one thousand my friend is selling his 535i that was in prodrift few years back (well, stickers are still there) full cage, extinguisher, killswitch, bbs wheels, wand, pins all round, sparco seat, 4 point wide harness, all lightened up with the help of Mr Angle Grinder, doesn't look rough apart from missing rear bumper (need to be refitted) due to my friend being a bit carried away and having an off in goldstone last week.

I drove it and it's great for beginners. I felt really safe in it due to size, weight and huge cage. First time it was down on power, 2nd time it was good but it could be much better if I could get onto someone with sensors.

My s13 will be around 6k euro when finished but it's a different story as it will be a one-off twin charged build. As till now it cost me 1700 euro

Yup no doubt the bm is a cheap car but i hate bm's :D
:eek: 6k your spending on a CA:eek:

PeterT
01-02-10, 11:58
Arnie is that the blue one that was at the last DI day in goldstone?? think that was a 535 and it looked 100% dead and couldnt spin a wheel?

jap scrap
05-02-10, 23:53
mv6 carlton or omega is your answer lad one can be lifted for under 1 k cage do it your self €200materials a pair of x rally seats €100 hydro h break home made €40 for cylinder a shit load of your own labour ans you can have a good skid car for 1500
Keep eyes open you will see something like this:http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1067562 or http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1095472

Prodrifter86
06-02-10, 00:54
thank god yee put this up! hopefully next week ill be searching for a drift car! probably an s14 cuz there cheap! wud yee tink i wud be better buying a yoke for around 4500-5000 wit a bit of spec (or alot of spec) or buy a 14 for around 2grand and put a rollcage in it ! i hav a brand new seat and harness that i use to put into rally cars that i sit in and then get all the extinguishers etc... ! what do yeee tink????????

Steo84
06-02-10, 09:51
Just picked up an sr20 180sx non turbo last week for €400. Its as rough as a bears arse but it's my first drifter so it's only going to get worse.
Looking to do a sub €1000 build on it as ill be doing all the work myself.

Stevo
06-02-10, 14:46
mv6 carlton or omega is your answer lad one can be lifted for under 1 k cage do it your self €200materials a pair of x rally seats €100 hydro h break home made €40 for cylinder a shit load of your own labour ans you can have a good skid car for 1500
Keep eyes open you will see something like this:http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1067562 or http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1095472

Yup lad have an mv6 here as the project :D

thank god yee put this up! hopefully next week ill be searching for a drift car! probably an s14 cuz there cheap! wud yee tink i wud be better buying a yoke for around 4500-5000 wit a bit of spec (or alot of spec) or buy a 14 for around 2grand and put a rollcage in it ! i hav a brand new seat and harness that i use to put into rally cars that i sit in and then get all the extinguishers etc... ! what do yeee tink????????

Pm bart or yowdy about this, if i had cash it would be mine already http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=2414

Just picked up an sr20 180sx non turbo last week for €400. Its as rough as a bears arse but it's my first drifter so it's only going to get worse.
Looking to do a sub €1000 build on it as ill be doing all the work myself.

Nice one, bit a tramp twinning:cool:

fitzer
10-01-11, 21:45
not really much point buyin a standard car cause ya cud pick up a prodrift registerd car wit all d works in her for 3 grand or around dat

Stevo
10-01-11, 21:52
not really much point buyin a standard car cause ya cud pick up a prodrift registerd car wit all d works in her for 3 grand or around dat

Holy thread resurrection batman :eek:

Diesel-Dick
10-01-11, 21:56

there is sum serious thread revials goin on the last few days! :eek:

jeff nelson sileighty
10-01-11, 21:58

ahahahaha whats with newbies and bringin up old threads, must be some disease floating about??:eek:

Stevo
10-01-11, 22:00
ahahahaha whats with newbies and bringin up old threads, must be some disease floating about??:eek:

Its called a how to get my post count up syndrome :D

No such thing as a cheap build as i found out the hard way :o

darren C
10-01-11, 22:07
friend of mine used to be big into prodrift he ha a sil80 standing him over 40grand went out of it 3 years ago had car parked in a contaner. sold it recently for 7500 grand.. dats bargen of the century dare :D

mark
10-01-11, 22:10

fact of god:rolleyes::rolleyes:

skinnynphats200
10-01-11, 22:10

Its not all a post count thing lads I dont think :confused:! I think some of them just dont know the run of things, hence the newbie tag :D.........

SUPER 180
10-01-11, 22:11
what ya lookin for a new car for stevo??

dont ya hav the 180 there :confused:

Stevo
10-01-11, 22:11

How ya getting on kid??

Stevo
10-01-11, 22:12
what ya lookin for a new car for stevo??

dont ya hav the 180 there :confused:

I do indeed paul, its a old thread bumped up from when i started the mv6!!

SUPER 180
10-01-11, 22:15
I do indeed paul, its a old thread bumped up from when i started the mv6!!

so it is... :o i blame the beer :D

mark
10-01-11, 22:24
How ya getting on kid??

in the shed, in the shed, in the shed

i'd lost interest all last week but i'm back at the 14 now

Derk
11-01-11, 02:02

Hhhhhhheeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Have ye not seen my slider?? €220 on the track (price excludes delivery and dealer related charges) :D

PeterT
11-01-11, 10:55
Have ye not seen my slider?? €220 on the track (price excludes delivery and dealer related charges) :D

man speaks the truth! with budget builds, its all about luck!

calicagesracing
11-01-11, 11:56

hardly much of a "build" though lol:p

weld the diff and bring her on, track damage optional:D:D

damodeane
12-01-11, 10:43
mv 6 omega or carlton seats cage few other bits 1500 max and you wuold be able to play with the best of them

MADMARK
12-01-11, 21:12
YE HAV PROBABLY ALL SEEN THIS ALREADY,BUT GREEN DIESEL MIGHT BE THE NEXT BIG BUDGET DRIFT SERIES.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW3C1AYQLnI&feature=related

luda
12-01-11, 21:27
is it really worth buyin a tramp? you might pick up a car cheap, but ya still have to get it to where ya wanna skid it, plus have somewhere to store it?..just asking as im considering getting something to practice with, just weighing up the pro's and cons?

Derk
12-01-11, 23:12
is it really worth buyin a tramp? you might pick up a car cheap, but ya still have to get it to where ya wanna skid it, plus have somewhere to store it?..just asking as im considering getting something to practice with, just weighing up the pro's and cons?

Your not makin sense man...
Any car you buy for drifting has to be transported and stored, wheather its a tramp or a pro-spec car.

johnbro
13-01-11, 00:34

If your serious about drifting then yes it's worth buying a tramp even if you only make 2 or 3 days a year it beats watching and wishing you had a car:D
plus you won't be afraid of getting a few tips:D

I'm sure you know someone who has a towbar and will tow you to he track;), and you can hire a trailor for 50 euro a day.

luda
14-01-11, 20:49
Your not makin sense man...
Any car you buy for drifting has to be transported and stored, wheather its a tramp or a pro-spec car.

you misunderstood what i was saying, what i meant was, is it worth buying a track car and trailor over using my road going 180

luda
14-01-11, 20:55
If your serious about drifting then yes it's worth buying a tramp even if you only make 2 or 3 days a year it beats watching and wishing you had a car:D
plus you won't be afraid of getting a few tips:D

I'm sure you know someone who has a towbar and will tow you to he track;), and you can hire a trailor for 50 euro a day.

i have a 180 over two years now mate, but havent had it on a track yet..terrible i know, but between fixing and adding on its been off the road more than its been on..

just wondering, is it worth it from a cost perspective to get a tramp and a trailor, have a van, so towing not a big deal, but the other costs kind of are, given the way things are these days, not exactly flush with the money ya know

shay
14-01-11, 20:59
Luda you have a PM dude^^^^^^