PDA

View Full Version : IDC Rd 1 2014 afterthoughts

nikkisixx69
27-04-14, 22:58
Great weekend, congrats to dave egan on his first round as IDC boss, the whole set up was on another level, really professional and you were bringing the lols on the microphone today!

stand outs for the weekend for me was the galvin brothers battles! one of the most aggressive exciting battles ive ever watched! i was actually happy when the judges asked for 1 more time!

wez's backwards entry was sick! john mccartys bmw was an epic smoke machine!

also fair Play to ali power for what he did today, the world needs more people like you man! :)

Sir Diffsalot
27-04-14, 23:03
really professional and you were bringing the lols on the microphone today!

Wish i could have heard it but i was down at Ford where none of the spaekers were workin, you'd imagine it wouldnt have been rocket science to wire them up

Stevo
28-04-14, 00:24
Whopper weekend, paul murphy was on it all day!

Only complaints were mondello and their shite fucking speakers!!!

And Chris brady was absolutely robbed for an "Illegal overtake" against mckeever who washed out then bogged when he tried to get out of the clip zone worst call ive seen in IDC since ffrenchie and james!

Top job by Dave and the IDc crew, hard to beat this country when the sun is out at a drift day...

Fucking love this car!!!!
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zh34ox.jpg

Kruizer
28-04-14, 07:13
Was only there on Saturday but really enjoyed the day, great to meet some familiar faces and some new ones, Paul's car is looking badass this year...

LarZ
28-04-14, 08:56
The pit looks and feels like a tented village now.
The speakers weren't great but standing on the pit side of the bridge i could still hear it.
The driving was just sensational. ridiculous... In a good way...
The commentary was better than formula D's livestream.
Some more signage would help with selling the hoodies and t-shirts (mannequins and price lists).
There must have been about 3-4 thousand people there? I can't believe there weren't 10,000 and I don't think there's much more that can be done to get more people in the gate.

It needs to be noted that there are some people in the drift scene who are the heart and soul of it and the main reason that it is thriving. Mentioning names wouldn't be fair as you'd definitely forget some major contributors. Lending each other cars after a bad accident to help them 'get back on the horse'. Lending people cars to go and compete and win. Helping your competitors during a 5-minute rule. Going the extra mile to put on a show for the crowd, be it doing a sensational victory lap or presenting your car well.

lady89
28-04-14, 10:59
We were only there on Sunday but it was good and I loved the "freshness" of all the new looks on the cars :)
Am I the only one who thinks Mike Fitz should have won the Superlap? :o Found he was very good (technique-wise)

Anyway, can't complain really, only pity was that the speakers were not working everywhere.

decobyrne106
28-04-14, 11:21
And Chris brady was absolutely robbed for an "Illegal overtake" against mckeever who washed out then bogged when he tried to get out of the clip zone worst call ive seen in IDC since ffrenchie and james!

Im sorry but he wasn't 'robbed' atall! Duanes car didn't bog he got the clip and took it like everyone else took it! Chris passed at the entrance of the corner and that wasn't the line to be taken all weekend! If chris held back and just stayed behind duane he would've had a fighting chance but should'a, would'a, could'a DIDN'T!
END OF

Weekend was savage! Everyone was welcome'd by everyone and the standard of the cars and driving is on such a big level! And thank god for mother nature because the weather was epic all day!

Bommel
28-04-14, 11:59
Absolutly a cracker of a weekend . . Weather always makes hope it can hold the that level for all rounds

LarZ
28-04-14, 12:27
Also some serious cars on display. A lot of money and time spent on most of the cars on show. Only 1 PS13 on show though. I must try get a second there for Japfest :p

twincam 20
28-04-14, 12:31
Great weekend, excellent standard of cars this year.
Commentary was better than previous years pity about the speakers! Some of the best door to door action iv seen in a while.

Stevo
28-04-14, 14:08
Im sorry but he wasn't 'robbed' atall! Duanes car didn't bog he got the clip and took it like everyone else took it! Chris passed at the entrance of the corner and that wasn't the line to be taken all weekend! If chris held back and just stayed behind duane he would've had a fighting chance but should'a, would'a, could'a DIDN'T!
END OF

Weekend was savage! Everyone was welcome'd by everyone and the standard of the cars and driving is on such a big level! And thank god for mother nature because the weather was epic all day!

Duane washed out and bogged down simple. Chris had to check his line speed and angle, which should have resulted in a 0 anyway, not just my opinion but that of anyone i spoke to that was down at that clip at ford

jdmjimmy
28-04-14, 14:27
From my memory He passed him mid corner Duane was out wide maybe Im wrong? Unreal event I was kind of glad the speaker wasnt working otherwise it would blow the head off a man.Weather was savage layout was great cars exceptional attendance awesome. and Ali doing the make a wish thing was really cool. More of all this

decobyrne106
28-04-14, 16:31
Duane washed out and bogged down simple. Chris had to check his line speed and angle, which should have resulted in a 0 anyway, not just my opinion but that of anyone i spoke to that was down at that clip at ford
your suppose to stay wide on that corner till the very end then come inside! Theres an outside clip and duane got it and christ didn't! His mistake his loss end of. By the way you were talking you were on the corner and you seen it yourself but then your just going by word of mouth, lead car does the line and sets the pace, follow car follows B-All-End-All and thats how a battle is done. Duane did not bog down, everyone looses speed getting that clip because you've to throw on the angle to head for the inside clip on the exit, duane couldn't even go in for the inside clip because chris brady was right infront of him.
Call me a bullshitter but you sound very one sided about the hole thing

ConorS15
28-04-14, 16:49
First time in a couple of years just spectating and not doing media. Really enjoyed it, especially with the nice weather yesterday. The layout of the pit area was cool, reminded me a bit of D1 in Fuji last month. Looking forward to round 2 :)

Hachi
28-04-14, 17:06
Was there for Saturday and Sunday. Had an awesome weekend. I think everything I would want to say has been covered, IDC Round 1 was awesome, like Jimmy said I'm glad too that the speakers weren't all working, because they turn those things up way too loud, too the point that you couldn't even hear the cars at some points!

On a sidenote, it was a bit disappointing to see so many hondas and dubscene failures in the modified live show area. Thankfully Sakura Squad did an awesome job bringing some absolutely sick (and possibly the best) cars in for the show. Nicely done girls :cool:

Bring on Round 2

DannyRB25
28-04-14, 17:16
Gonna keep it short and sweet. Epic day, congrats to Dave Egan and ALL the drivers involved! Cars are looking super, balls are bigger this year than ever before. Roll on round 2! :D

Billy_P
28-04-14, 18:16
Also some serious cars on display. A lot of money and time spent on most of the cars on show. Only 1 PS13 on show though. I must try get a second there for Japfest :p

There was 2 there, one from Galway and the second from Mayo.. both white.
Epic day, epic drifting, grand stand was some place to be.. MC was really good aswel.. John McCarthy's skills were unreal, some smoke and angles, backwards entry was unreal.
Only thing I will say is modified live was like a car park meet.. no real stucture to it at all..

hoopsbhoy
28-04-14, 18:51
I have been at a hell of a lot of drift events, here and across Europe and I reckon Sunday was the best day out of them all. Sun and drifting in Ireland just = awesomeness.

On the whole Duane thing, I wouldn't have had a good line of sight but listening to the Judges who said they re-watched a video to confirm, seemed to clear it all up to be honest. That shouldn't be talked about anyway.

How about wez keating, throwing the car around just for the fans. legend and fair play to all involved.

Dunnedriftin
30-04-14, 18:42
your suppose to stay wide on that corner till the very end then come inside! Theres an outside clip and duane got it and christ didn't! His mistake his loss end of. By the way you were talking you were on the corner and you seen it yourself but then your just going by word of mouth, lead car does the line and sets the pace, follow car follows B-All-End-All and thats how a battle is done. Duane did not bog down, everyone looses speed getting that clip because you've to throw on the angle to head for the inside clip on the exit, duane couldn't even go in for the inside clip because chris brady was right infront of him.
Call me a bullshitter but you sound very one sided about the hole thing

chris overtook Duane before Duane could even get to the clipping point !! I was at briefing for both semi pro and pro, listened to the judges ect.. i can see why it was marked down on chris! If chris didn't overtake Duane and just drove up hos door and on clipping points he would havebeen marked up alot and possible took the win

grange
30-04-14, 19:27
Thank the lord thee speakers wernt workn I had the worst beer fear :( what a weekend best one yet! Keep them coming Dave :)