PDA

View Full Version : Boost RB25DET

rb25First
07-03-14, 10:57
Hi Guys, I have an issue and don't know where to start the investigation..... I have a HKS boost controller and when running .5 bar, the car runs perfect. Then on .8 or on 1.15 as the car was mapped for 1.15, it seems as if the engine gets flooded or choked.... As if its missing.... Any ideas? I'm a newbie to turbo engines so maybe its a boost leak??

SMOKIE
07-03-14, 11:27
dose this only happen when u boost the car? check all the hard pipe and connections between the pipes that non of them are loose and drawing extra air. if they are all ok pop in some upgraed spark plugs. i had a similarly problem lately myself, the plugs were burnt out in mine

rb25First
07-03-14, 12:00
Yeah it only happen when I put the foot to the floor, boost gauge reads right, but I have a feeling it could be a leak... Might try the plugs.... Also only discovered, I have 5 splitfires and 1 original.... will hardly help the situation....

SMOKIE
07-03-14, 23:21
thats probably whats causeing it right there, u man aswell clean ur spark plugs if u have the coillpacs off unless ur replaceing them. ;et us know how it goes.

Cooldrft
07-03-14, 23:50
I have 5 splitfires and 1 original.... will hardly help the situation....

That should make no difference if the oem coilpack is ok.
Check plugs + what gap they have. what ecu is it running ?

rb25First
11-03-14, 12:14
Hey guys, update...... I had Shane from Drive-n-style have a look at it, the gasket for the rocker covers was shot..... oil all over the plugs and coil packs... all cleaned up, gasket sealed..... shes running like a clock now....

Shes running a HKS FCON is..... Mapped by TDP