PDA

View Full Version : anyone no this car???

gem-s13
26-01-10, 12:59
just wondering whats the story with it? id seen it around a few years ago whats the story with it????

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1105193

docco86
26-01-10, 13:09
was for sale bout 2 months ago for 3000 needed head gasket. fella bught it never fixed it put it up for 4500 and now dropped the price to 3000 again. id say ur man baught it with the intention of fixing it but then found out it had another prob so now tryin to get rid of it or else hes just a clown tryin to make money of the car and it backfired on him!

wezwkd
26-01-10, 13:39
Eddie Quirke in Carlow used to own it. Im not sure of its mechanical history. I can put somebody in contact with him if you require any history info. The omex 6 cyl management alone would cost near the asking price for the car.

nigey00
26-01-10, 15:42
It was originally David Quigly's R32, he was drifting it a few years back... Load of top quality gear in it!!

1-JAY-Z
26-01-10, 15:50
It is so tempting but i got burnt with enough cars before. My heart is telling me to go look at it but my head is keeping me back.

1-JAY-Z
26-01-10, 15:52
was for sale bout 2 months ago for 3000 needed head gasket. fella bught it never fixed it put it up for 4500 and now dropped the price to 3000 again. id say ur man baught it with the intention of fixing it but then found out it had another prob so now tryin to get rid of it or else hes just a clown tryin to make money of the car and it backfired on him!

My thoughts exactly. I wonder what is the real problem as this car has a lot of aftermarket parts and if it was running would be very competetive. Either way it has potential.

OLD ADD:
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1009113

The latest owner only had it a month before it was put back up for sale.

bart
26-01-10, 16:36
My thoughts exactly. I wonder what is the real problem as this car has a lot of aftermarket parts and if it was running would be very competetive. Either way it has potential.

OLD ADD:
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1009113

The latest owner only had it a month before it was put back up for sale.

ring him and ask him waht the real prob was..
he wont care.. he's sold the car;)

nick180sx
26-01-10, 17:51

the lad that had it before the current owner didn't know what was wrong with it.first he said it was the turbos and then it was the headgasket...i was told before that it overheated badly and whatever the prob is it was cause a that...lot of aftermarket gear on it and was meant to be runnin roughly 400 brake

1-JAY-Z
26-01-10, 20:06

I rang the previous owner and he said to stay well clear I couldnt talk to him for long but he said there was oil coming out the air filters and all.

docco86
26-01-10, 20:07
knew it wasn just head gasket!

jdmjimmy
26-01-10, 20:13
I rang the previous owner and he said to stay well clear I couldnt talk to him for long but he said there was oil coming out the air filters and all.

how is that even possible????:rolleyes:

git
26-01-10, 20:16
how is that even possible????:rolleyes:

mobile phone ,move fingers ,open mouth, words fall out , move fingers again ! :D

1-JAY-Z
26-01-10, 20:23
mobile phone ,move fingers ,open mouth, words fall out , move fingers again ! :D

Hahahahahahaha that is priceless.

Im only passing on the info I got from previous owner.

jdmjimmy
26-01-10, 20:24

haha if it was to blow oil out through the air filters no.1 it would need filters not stockings no.2 it would have to blow air rather than suck it in then the turbos would need to be in reverse sounds very odd could be a logical reason do???

git
26-01-10, 20:36
On a serious note tho...... ha!!!! what if turbo went ka blamo !! and oil pissed into filters ???or some other catastrophic engine blowing up !...........im sure it could lol !xxx............... :D

gem-s13
27-01-10, 01:15
i was talking to the lad who has it for sale he no very little about the car he took it as a trade in he seems to be a dead sound lad i asked if i could do a comperssion and leak down test and he said there would be no problem, i was also talking to another source from tdp the turbos were not 100% from the time the car was built or mapped by them so it would prob need turbos and a head gasket, it was in goldstone before and filled the place with steam out the exhaust so either just the turbos completely shit them selfs or the head gasket

grimix180
27-01-10, 01:22
that was a savage car was a genuine tommy kaira model 2

200sx
27-01-10, 01:54
I no the lad who has this now hes a friend...it is a genuine toommy keiara shell...it was a seriosue car when quigley was driveing it...like was said he only took it on a trade....was told it needs a head gasket...there is an awful lot off stuff on that car...would be worth doing a compression test on and havening a look over...its still starting!!!

1-JAY-Z
27-01-10, 08:19
I think a complete overhauled engine would be handier and probably cheaper than trying to fix this one.

Arnie
27-01-10, 22:51
The oil going out the filters WTF:confused: Maybe he meant the dipstick (shot piston)