PDA

View Full Version : No sway

Solus
14-01-14, 13:11
Curious if any of you guys has given this a shot, either no front or no rear sway bar.

Thoughts?
Feelings?

Discus

Stevo
14-01-14, 14:09
Plenty run without on drift cars, personal choice not much discussing lol

alan sinnott
23-01-14, 23:33
A lot of people have different opinions about this and i guess it comes down to personal choice in the end,
but i personally have tried it with and without both bars and found it terrible to drive would out them and would deff recommend using both of them.

Depends on your suspension set up really because running high spring rates reduces the need for arbs

CillianS14a
24-01-14, 21:02
i haven't tried it yet myself, but mark aylward runs without a rear sway bar and his car grips like mad

stephen180
24-01-14, 23:26
i havent thought of not usin them but ud imagine that it would stiffen up the car stoppin body roll which ya wouldnt want but ud imagine if ya hav stiff enough coilovers it wud b all driver preference i guess but if alan sinnot is usin them so wud i , possibly the stiffest lookin cars in idc last year

alan sinnott
24-01-14, 23:37
Depends on your suspension set up really because running high spring rates reduces the need for arbs

exactly every car is different it all depends on your spring rates your track width tires ect.

alan sinnott
24-01-14, 23:41
i havent thought of not usin them but ud imagine that it would stiffen up the car stoppin body roll which ya wouldnt want but ud imagine if ya hav stiff enough coilovers it wud b all driver preference i guess but if alan sinnot is usin them so wud i , possibly the stiffest lookin cars in idc last year
lol i wouldn't go by anything i say but i have learned a lot the hard way, imo if u want a good drivable grip setup for the dry i would run soft rear springs a stiff sway bar and good tires.

Solus
07-02-14, 13:01
Apologies for not getting back to this sooner, couldn't log onto the site for some reason.

I appreciate the responses.

Was more curious if initiating into a drift is much different without. Ive got Greddy Type S coilovers, front 6k and rear 8k springs. I also have trd swaybars and rear traction brackets. It feel perfect in the wet, but since the track has closed here, and speeds are a little slower, I was thinking of ditching one of the sway bars to help with the turn in, in the dry, and get it sideways a little easier.

DaveM-sport
07-02-14, 13:51

Why would you want the stiffest car possible? The opposite is probably what you want. You want to run the softest setup you can without making the car boaty or so to respond to inputs as it'll let you use the cars weight more and the car should have a lot more grip.

A bit of roll allows you to make more use of front end suspension geometry too depending on the setup.

Jay Rockett
16-02-14, 21:04
Ive got Greddy Type S coilovers, front 6k and rear 8k springs.

Sure it's not the other way around?!

ARB's should always be run in the dry, use tyre pressures and damping settings to add or remove grip. Softening the ARB's
or disconnecting them in the wet can be helpful too!