PDA

View Full Version : project lets do it right this time

matty
02-01-14, 23:14
so a few of ye might have seen my old e36 drift project that didnt exactly go to plan, so i said id try again and got myself a 323i.

when i got the car it was on cut spring,had a welded diff,and a fan infront of the rad wired direct to the ignition.

so far ive put fk coilovers on it
put 25mm spacers on the front
got a cobra fixed back that i still have to fit
got a suede wheel and boss
got trs tow straps
put harnesses in it
skinned the spare doors,boot and bonnet from the old car waiting to go onto it
got bonnet pins and boot springs on
cut out the back seat pannel
changed the wings because the old ones were starting to bubble
cut off the back box because i hated the quietness of it and have a piece of pipe to weld on in its place (will get a straight through made up at some stage)

i have yet to get a hydro and a cage will be put in at some stage.

speaking of cage do i need one to carry passengers in superdrift?

thanks for looking any advice greatly appreciated :D

thehatchet
03-01-14, 00:43
Yes cage is need to carry passengers in superdrift. Get on to Liam Crowely on here. Does good cages

conor
03-01-14, 01:00
plus 1 on liam crowley he done mine couldnt recommend him highly enough

matty
03-01-14, 18:29
ill only be entering the amateur class for a while so when the time comes ill get onto him sound ;)

jamiem
03-01-14, 21:10
Best of luck with build lad

matty
03-01-14, 21:29
Best of luck with build lad

sound lad !!

matty
03-01-14, 21:39
small bit done today got a set of 195/50/15s for the front,swapped all the rusty front panels for good ones and attempted to spray them matt black but came out patchy, put on my tow strap and a few other small bits,thats its til tomorrow i suppose, next on the list is a hydro :)

i hate the wings!!

matty
03-03-14, 18:53
havnt updated this in a while. got a few bits done its basically ready for superdrift now just need to plumb the hydro ! in the middle of painting the the rest of the car matt black aswell so at least it will be all one colour ! got a load of spare wheels and tyres so im sorted for the year. i put on a splitter too because i like my shit low :D not much else to do now but practice practice practice !! also in the middle of modifying some spare hubs and wishbones i had but wont be fitting the wishbones because it wont fit up on the trailer then !

matty
03-03-14, 18:57
sorry for the pics too havnt a clue how to enlarge them :confused:

this is the look im going for anyway thinking about doing a drag style wing too.