PDA

View Full Version : 4 cylinder to 6 cylinder rev count

grange
20-12-13, 19:17
What's the best way to convert them? I've a rb in my s15 I nw there is ways with converters from the states but can you use any parts of skyline clocks that will convert them for me?

Sir Diffsalot
21-12-13, 20:46
I dont really get the question, rpm's are measured from the crank so wheather you have 2,4,6,8 cylinders your still dealin with the same rpm. An sr crank spinin at 2k rpm is the same as a rb spinin at 2k rpm, or am i missing somethin?

Void_The_Warranty
21-12-13, 20:51
I took it to mean since he fitte the RB in the s15, the rev counter doesnt work ?
and he wants to know how to sort it ?

rps13Carlow
21-12-13, 21:10
I dont really get the question, rpm's are measured from the crank so wheather you have 2,4,6,8 cylinders your still dealin with the same rpm. An sr crank spinin at 2k rpm is the same as a rb spinin at 2k rpm, or am i missing somethin?

Unless rpm is measured from the spark. I used diodes before to make an aftermarket tacho work on a twin coil car before

grange
22-12-13, 00:58
tbh i dont know what its measured off i was just told that normaly gareth uses a convert he gets from the state and when i googled it it seems to be done. just wondered if there was a cheaper and quicker way by using some skyline parts? my revs are all off. at idle its at 2k when it should say 1k