PDA

View Full Version : Short boss + quick release in one unit?

LarZ
09-12-13, 16:50
I've found some short boss kits and some quick release units. But I can't find any units that give me the following all in one (for nardi deep corn in s13 road car):

1. Short boss
2. Quick release (snap off)
3. Nardi fitment
4. Horn support (no wire from steering column to boss)
5. indicator cancellation

Do units with all of these features even exist?

Laurence

Damien
09-12-13, 17:54
I don't know for certain, but I doubt you can get a boss/snap off all in one. That would make the item very car specific and would be bad for producers I'd say.

LarZ
10-12-13, 08:49
I don't know for certain, but I doubt you can get a boss/snap off all in one. That would make the item very car specific and would be bad for producers I'd say.

That's a good point. Anyone with a deep nardi have recommendations on which boss/quick release to go for. I want the indicators to be just behind the steering wheel, not miles away.

k1984w
14-12-13, 19:30
I've a slimline snap off on mine only problem is the nardi horn buttons don't work wit them

LarZ
14-12-13, 19:37
I've a slimline snap off on mine only problem is the nardi horn buttons don't work wit them

i'd want to keep the nardi horn button. finishes off the wheel nicely.

kenny046
29-12-13, 22:55
find anything for this

LarZ
29-12-13, 23:24
find anything for this

Nope. Pity... I'm starting to think that a snap-off wheel on a road car is as good as, if not better than an alarm/immobiliser

kenny046
30-12-13, 00:03
Nope. Pity... I'm starting to think that a snap-off wheel on a road car is as good as, if not better than an alarm/immobiliser

im of the same view although no harm in both

PeterT
30-12-13, 00:39
I had to ditch the dished wheel in the stagea because of this. From now on all my cars are snap off wheels though. And immobiliser and I'm doing another security measurr

k1984w
02-01-14, 01:20

Ye I still used the chrome bezel without the horn button, to be honest IMO alarms aren't worth feck all there not that hard to get by if someone really wants yr car I've an alarm , 3 kill switches , snap off and a tracker going into my build this time way I see it is you'd wanna be *mutha fuckn*David Blaine to rob a car with no steering wheel "or just handy with a vice grips"

Dori_Rory
02-01-14, 09:01
"NRG" do a slimline boss and snap off in there newest gen of parts. I'd highly recommend them. Not too sure on the horn working though as i had mine rewired to a button on the dash before i got one of theirs. Loads of vids on youtube of their stuff

beep-beep
16-03-15, 12:46
I ordered an NRG slimline snap off kit also for the skyline. I may be willing to sell mine as I purchased an original wheel for the car. Its brand new and unused

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/278194-installing-nrg-short-hub-nrg-slim-thin-quick-release.html

LarZ
16-03-15, 14:14
Can you pm me a price for the short hub, space and quick release please dude. I'm on the lookout for another for my 180.

beep-beep
17-03-15, 13:27
Can you pm me a price for the short hub, space and quick release please dude. I'm on the lookout for another for my 180.

I only have the quick release, would want 110e for it. Can deliver it to Cork as the brother is in Lissarda beside you

https://www.getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/thin-version/srk-400b

LarZ
17-03-15, 17:12
I only have the quick release, would want 110e for it. Can deliver it to Cork as the brother is in Lissarda beside you

https://www.getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/thin-version/srk-400b

nah no thanks man. I can get the same quick release i already have (not the super slim) for 90 and it's compatible with the short hub.