PDA

View Full Version : Justjap charity drift day Afterthoughts

nikkisixx69
30-11-13, 21:07
Might aswell get a thread going!

Firstly congrats to bart for organising another great track day, from a spectators point of view I can say I was thoroughly entertained haha! The level of driving was insane, couldn't believe the speed some were manji-ing the straight at!

Fav driver of the day was hands down chris doyle, the guy is an insane driver, love his and his brothers aggressive style! Aidan ryan was awesome to watch, not afraid to give his car death! Same to aimee hallahan, serious driving!

Some of those bmws were insane, the red estate and thr 5 series with the m3 engine were crazy!

jdmjimmy
30-11-13, 21:16
Fuckin bmw's would give ya a headache everything else was top notch well organised

nikkisixx69
30-11-13, 23:46
Fuckin bmw's would give ya a headache everything else was top notch well organised

Ah here at least we saw a genuine cowboy! #brokebackmondello

PeterT
01-12-13, 00:36
where do i start?!

what a different type of day than any other ive had in mondello!

first session was wet which thought would be a benefit in the little mx5, wronggggg. understeer...then oversteer, then understeer, then spin. and repeat.

then it started to dry out, track was very crowded and a lot of lads spinning and crashing and getting stuck, dont think we had any full 20 minutes sessions but at the end of the day people had the hang of it.

The car and drifting itself...fuck meeee! Anyone with arms and legs can drift a nissan, fact. hop in a car with 100bhp or less at the wheels probably and give drifting a shot...now that is a challenge!

couldnt believe the car tbh, once i got the balls to actually commit to fucking it into things with no handbrake it was nuts, scariest driving experience in my life haha! theres no correcting it with a clutch kick as it hasnt the power and no dabbing the wand with ease, only corner i was using handbrake to initiate was last corner, and this didnt quite suit as it was killing my speed, but clutch kicking wasnt working on the off camber and it was understeering. I know it didnt look much, but im 10 times more impressed with myself than ive been in the r32 or cefiro, was absolutely buzzing with adrenaline!

the very last session i got hold of a gopro, and it was by far my best session. cant wait to see the footage!

other people who were worth a mention were si who was going balls out in the freshly painted fc, the red mx5 who was on fire and the doyles in the 32s.

people who were not moving to correct spectator areas were fucking cocks, ruining track time, also people who spun and kept the boot down also were cocks, that pos e30 touring nearly hit me doing so. the green 180 that was with wkd truck also nearly hit me doing a silly overtake...overtakes which were pointless cos he slowed so much sitting on the handbrake :P

all in all, a seriously fun day, car drove up, did 6 sessions and drove home now one odd squeek or anything. thanks di motorsport for sorting diff/lock for me!

mk2glenn
01-12-13, 02:30
First time at a drift day in Mondello and was well impressed.

The E39 with the S50 in it sounded insane and was goin serious for a big boat. The MX5s really impressed me, couldn't get over them. The lad in the silver R32 was just a lunatic, some pace sideways on the straight. Went out in the orange 328 and wasn't expecting much but it surprised me and no bother to it sideways in the dry.

aimee
01-12-13, 09:20
Great day in Mondello yesterday, well done to Bart and Emma :) was run really well! This was my first time driving up there so I was shitting it haha. My morning sessions weren't great, the track was slippy and I struggled a bit. The afternoon was much better, it dried up and I gave it dick! The 32 didn't miss a beat all day, what a car :) I <3 my rb20!

mikes131jz
01-12-13, 10:21
Class day yesterday!! Fair fucks to the 2 lads in the R32's!! Nutjobs. Ha....
Does any1 hav any good video's or pics????

ste
01-12-13, 10:27
Well the BUG is officially back.

First off well done to everyone involved in the day,i had a ball.

Where do i start. I had a bit of a nightmare few days in my eyes gettin car ready between mappin ,buyin broken boost controllers,borrowin boost controllers,alignment, slipping clutch, gettin clucth parts delivered from lads spread from all over the place to fittin it an it not workin at 2am saturday mornin.

But i loaded car up regarless in the hope someone would help me. Sure enough the minute i arrived john hickey and nicky hallaghan were straight over an had it sorted while i was in briefing. So big thanks to them. Without them yesterday wasn possible.

I was very nervous as i was yet to drive a s14 full stop let alone my drift car, also being outta the drift car scene for 18months led to a few spins an silly mistakes. But as the sessions went on and got my hydro sorted my confidence grew an got comfortable in the car. Feels so different to my last car an the extra 80 or so bhp is a lil scary at the start. But i felt more at ease as the day went on. Even poppin my clutch kick entry into ford cherry and got car home with no damage. As for other drivers i seen , the doyle brothers were unreal and guy in red mx5 very good too.

Cant wait.for the next day and to get back out in my car.

cooks86
01-12-13, 11:31
Welll had a great day car performed well even do by end of day had ricky bobby drivers door after tyre bale and kept loosing panals but for my record in mondello thats a sweet result :-D car looks sorry for it self but be gettin tlc over winter. Good relaxed day took few lads on passio spins hope they enjoyed it level of driving was great very entertaining stuff. Raised some money for my movember thanks to lads who gave money roll on next one :-D

NoelB
01-12-13, 12:07
Had a brilliant first day out. Great experience. Fair play ta Bart and all involved. Thought I was driving well enough but looking back on videos coulda defo gone more angle on the last corner and wasn't too confident ta manji the straight. Loved the 3rd and 2nd last corner. Got good speed and angle though there. Didn't spin once so was pleased enough.

Had a small fire when an oil breather got chewed but head was quic on the draw with the re extinguisher thank god so could drive the car home but called it a day after that at lunch time.

Have te bug now anyway. Will defo do it again.

The amount of people saying it was better than any other drift day or japfest event they were at was unreal. Had so much fun.

FairPlay ta all the lads comming over from England and Wales. Loves the yellow rx7.

A big thanks ta Pepstrex for working Hard on the car for ye past few weeks getting it ready. Didn't miss a beat apart for the breather pipe but that couldn't be helped. And thanks to Blaine for getting me out of a spot by giving me some pipeing. Also all the mates for eloping change wheels and all that.

Till the next one

trd-gt
01-12-13, 14:04
great event, had to be the biggest turn out iv seen for a drift day that was non competitive. great driving and some great cars.

anyone have any links to pictures?

haydomiata
01-12-13, 14:33
I only got there at lunchtime but loved it! As soon as I got there mr Hobbs coffee asked me to bring the promo girls around and get a few pics so that was fun :) the amount funny looks I was getting was hilarious.
I took a few videos so hope to have it up in the next few days and to the people that got stickers off me don't forget to take a pic and teg me in them :D
Oh and if anyone has footage that I could use that would be great :)

DannyRB25
01-12-13, 14:46
great day! was so hungover and it was exactly what i needed to cure it.
funniest parts of the day was seeing some guys Go-Pro camera get knocked outta his hand by a spoiler and then drifted over by a drift train haha!!
also Mr. Hobbs cocaine/coffee shop was insane, the guys a legend haha great day out, some turn out also!! well done to the organisers and everyone involved look forward to the next day out!

shaneh
02-12-13, 00:05
some day!! went through the tirewall in my last session and had to drive home with a burst rad and a bonnet that wouldnt close haha only for the tire man had chemical metal id have had to tow her home! all fixed now :)

JohnRaff
02-12-13, 00:10
some day!! went through the tirewall in my last session and had to drive home with a burst rad and a bonnet that wouldnt close haha only for the tire man had chemical metal id have had to tow her home! all fixed now :)

Your some man to kill that poor car at mondello haha, fair play dude, heard ya were flying!

Greg
02-12-13, 00:47
I had a good old morning. Had to leave after four or five sessions, but I was glad I did because I had to drive the car home and stuff was starting to break. Namely the front bumper, and the throttle decided to jam wide open at one point.
Tried a few different entries in places, some worked and some went spectacularly wrong, but it was all fun. Had some close runs with people too and really enjoyed spectating for a change.

Only negatives really were the amount of red flags and the track etiquette was fucked out the window by the odd driver. Still a cracking day, well done all for organising it. :)

kev.skyline
02-12-13, 11:44
Was my first time out in mondello, had a bit of a shitty day. Rad blew at the end of my first session, got a spare one I had brought down. then my exhaust mounts broke in the next session, had nothing but a bit of rope to try sort it, but that didn't last very long.
Got about 40 mins total out on track, but it was good fun when it was working, and I'm all set for the next one!

Some serious machines down there and serious driving, mate got a good video at the pit wall of a spoiler nearly taking his hand off!

LarZ
02-12-13, 21:54
Anyone looking for pics we're sharing all the photographers' albums on https://www.facebook.com/justjapdriftdays Be sure to like that page to keep up with all the latest

bart
03-12-13, 13:17
thanks to everyone that came.
what a day. from the weather to the driving level.. amazing..
we managed to raise €2611.66 on the day for charity..
we were so happy.
could of done a lot more only 3 of our passenger ride cars broke.
thanks to others for stepping in and helping get rid of that big que we had..

our next day out is the 5th of january.
looking forward to it.

heres our fb page. keep eye out on it

https://www.facebook.com/justjapdriftdays

cheers
bart

cooks86
03-12-13, 14:33
i could do passenger rides bart dont no how safe it be do :P

twailbait
03-12-13, 15:08
I was there as a spectator and passenger.

Was a great day, some great driving, really enjoyed the passo spins out with Pete in the Mx and Si in the Rx.:cool:

What really stood out with me, was that some of the people shouldn't be let anywhere near a race track. Completely ignoring all the flags, doing donuts in the middle of the track when they spun off.
Or my favorite one, stopping on track, getting out of the car, and having a good look around to see whats wrong with it???? Its a live race track, are you stupid??!:confused:

I saw the above everytime I was out on track.. I couldn't believe it!

LarZ
03-12-13, 15:53
I was there as a spectator and passenger.

Was a great day, some great driving, really enjoyed the passo spins out with Pete in the Mx and Si in the Rx.:cool:

What really stood out with me, was that some of the people shouldn't be let anywhere near a race track. Completely ignoring all the flags, doing donuts in the middle of the track when they spun off.
Or my favorite one, stopping on track, getting out of the car, and having a good look around to see whats wrong with it???? Its a live race track, are you stupid??!:confused:

I saw the above everytime I was out on track.. I couldn't believe it!

There were a few 'high profile' drivers doing that stuff yeah